"THANK YOU FANS" email

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

"THANK YOU FANS" email

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

just received my "THANK YOU FANS FOR ANOTHER GREAT SEASON" email

I see we lowered our standards ..

GREAT ?!?!
1 x
urirx
ARD

Re: "THANK YOU FANS" email

Unread post by urirx »

from the ticket office point of view, it was a great season
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

3rd highest attendance in program history. C'mon ECR, take it with a grain of salt. There is more than just Ws and Ls in a programs life cycle, it was very big for us to not have taken a giant step back in terms of attendance after losing Hurley, our senior class and playing .500 ball. Next year the goal has to be over 6k average per game.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Some people will complain about anything. Yeesh.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago Some people will complain about anything. Yeesh.
I don’t know how you all stomach this clown.
3 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago 3rd highest attendance in program history. C'mon ECR, take it with a grain of salt. There is more than just Ws and Ls in a programs life cycle, it was very big for us to not have taken a giant step back in terms of attendance after losing Hurley, our senior class and playing .500 ball. Next year the goal has to be over 6k average per game.
They built up a nice base of season ticket holders the last few years. If they can, at the very least, hold on to them plus get a nice bump from the PC mini plans, attendance should be in great shape next year (despite them taking NONE of your offered marketing advice!).
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

LOL Ace. Ego and insecurity make people do some really foolish things. Wasn't just me, at least 1-2 other professionals in the space offered their time and expertise as well. Only in RI.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

They were very aggressive getting me to renew as well. Sure they were for everyone. It worked; it's the earliest I ever renewed my tickets.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago Some people will complain about anything. Yeesh.
I don’t know how you all stomach this clown.
I don’t even need a thank you email for attending games. I do it because I care and because I want to.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago They were very aggressive getting me to renew as well. Sure they were for everyone. It worked; it's the earliest I ever renewed my tickets.
It’s smart marketing.... get people to renew while the team is fresh in our minds. Waiting til summer would not work.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody74 wrote: 5 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago They were very aggressive getting me to renew as well. Sure they were for everyone. It worked; it's the earliest I ever renewed my tickets.
It’s smart marketing.... get people to renew while the team is fresh in our minds. Waiting til summer would not work.
Exactly that. Sending that email out in mid-July and half the people are on vacation. I gurantee you they checked the click rate and realized this time of year is key for renewals.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

I was in a meeting and saw the URI exchange and thought it was family calling. Called back and it was the ticket office. I just decided to go ahead and do it on the spot. First time they had called me like that. Smart move.
2 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago just received my "THANK YOU FANS FOR ANOTHER GREAT SEASON" email

I see we lowered our standards ..

GREAT ?!?!
For the love of the Holy Ram, can you go away?!
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

No email/no phone call yet.....They still offering Oyster bar GCs for renewals?
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago No email/no phone call yet.....They still offering Oyster bar GCs for renewals?

Renew by May 1 to guarantee your same seats, plus receive a Rhode Island Basketball replica jersey and be guaranteed to receive three (3) exclusive season ticket holder gifts!
1 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I renewed my 2 seats in 205. LFG!!! :D
5 x
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Narr9999 »

I renewed my seats in 205. I thought the season ticket holders are supposed to get some kind of shirt?
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

They mentioned a replica jersey to me.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I got an email today that you can get a replica jersey for $10 for every season ticket you have after the free one. Sweet!!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Narr9999 wrote: 5 years ago I renewed my seats in 205. I thought the season ticket holders are supposed to get some kind of shirt?
Make sure you give them your size before May 1st. I think the default is a Large.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I thought they did a great job with the season ticket holder promotions this year. Even though we didn’t win as much as I wanted this season I thought the program made a step in showing they appreciate the fans.
1 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Got a “Thank You Call” from one of the players this week, for supporting the program. That was a nice surprise!
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 years ago Got a “Thank You Call” from one of the players this week, for supporting the program. That was a nice surprise!
We got calls from D Cox. However, he wasn't really very conversational with me. it seemed like he had a script he was reading and he just wanted to get through that. I asked him a couple questions, no response...a very one-way conversation.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They had some great raffle items if you renewed or purchased new season tickets.
They had a drawing for everyone who committed by the end of March

Then another for those who committed by May 1st
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 years ago Got a “Thank You Call” from one of the players this week, for supporting the program. That was a nice surprise!
We got calls from D Cox. However, he wasn't really very conversational with me. it seemed like he had a script he was reading and he just wanted to get through that. I asked him a couple questions, no response...a very one-way conversation.
Not at all our experience, it was Christion and he even thanked us for commenting on his Instagram posts, so he definitely wasn’t on script.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Got a call from Dowtin on Wednesday. Was great and he was conversational.
0 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

The phone calls sound like a pretty cool idea. Although it's pretty funny that this original thread was started by a guy complaining about the "thank you fans" email
Last edited by URI'21 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Missed my call from Dana Tate but he left two messages- the first was from a tow company saying my car was being moved. The second was Dana saying it was all good and thanking us for the support. Nice move by the team.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The players and coach called last year too.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I haven't had a call since TJ called me.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 years ago
Not at all our experience, it was Christion and he even thanked us for commenting on his Instagram posts, so he definitely wasn’t on script.
I was just kidding. The call I got was a recorded message, I wouldn't rate that high. The only 'live' call I got was from someone at the box office.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

How did he know your IG handle?
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Same as my last name...
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago

Same as my last name...
Obvious factor then 😂
0 x