2/22 | Davidson | 9:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

2/22 | Davidson | 9:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by spookydog »

University of Rhode Island vs Davidson University
The Ryan Center, Kingston, RI
Friday, February 22, 2019
9:00PM

Media
TV: ESPN2
Online: ESPN Online
Radio: 101.5 FM (B101) or iHeart Radio App

Previews:
Davidson Fan Site

Opponent
Record:
19-7, 10-3 in the A10
Last season: 21-12, 13-5 in the A10

Rankings:
RPI: 52
KenPom: 78
NCAA NET: 67

Leaders (Current):
Points – Jon Axel Gudmundsson, 16.8 (Jr., G)
Rebounds – Jon Axel Gudmundsson, 6.9 (Jr., G)
Assists – Jon Axel Gudmundsson, 4.5 (Jr., G) (2.3 TO per game)

Historical
Series: 6-7
H: 3-1, A: 2-4, N: 1-2
Most Recent Matchup: 2/6/19 68-53 L at Davidson
Most Recent Win Streak: 4 – Davidson
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/22 | Davidson | 9:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by RF1 »

I am not looking forward to attending this game. The last two games I saw at the Ryan Center were blowout losses to GMU and Dayton. I departed the building at each game with several minutes left on the clock. It was just too brutal and I couldn't watch anymore.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Look on the bright side, there will be plenty of time to go to Shaidzon prior to the game Friday night.
5 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Kyle Van Noy might be in the house for this one. I probably won't be. I just don't think I can bring myself to after how we've played and knowing I won't get home until midnight and I'll be pissed off. Then again I didn't think I could bring myself to go to the Fordham game and I was lucky enough to see that one
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I will get there by 8:00 to observe. You can tell a lot by watching that hour leading up to the game. While I will be there early, I don't know how long I'll stay. That's up to the team.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago I will get there by 8:00 to observe. You can tell a lot by watching that hour leading up to the game. While I will be there early, I don't know how long I'll stay. That's up to the team.
I'll be there early, too, so as to get a good parking spot. To observe. To observe the inside of that little blue cubicle known as 'the pub'
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago Kyle Van Noy might be in the house for this one. I probably won't be. I just don't think I can bring myself to after how we've played and knowing I won't get home until midnight and I'll be pissed off. Then again I didn't think I could bring myself to go to the Fordham game and I was lucky enough to see that one
Over/under on how long he stays if he does show? (btw, who is this guy?)
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Patriots linebacker who was a Felger and Mazz punching bag because they're idiots, who came up huge in the playoffs. He was pretty amazed by the campus' reaction to the Super Bowl win and it kind of went from there
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Normally I would love to have a Pats player come and watch us. Not so much now.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Good lord, we are going to get killed.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......it is going to be a battle systems......theirs vs none.......I like theirs.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Watch the McKillop vids I posted in the other college sports forum

Tell me how you like our chances against that motion offense system.....

Sigh..... :(
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Davidson was very impressive in their near comeback against Dayton. It wasn’t working early for them, but they hung in there and adjusted. It was a highly competitive, intense game from both sides. A really enjoyable watch.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago Kyle Van Noy might be in the house for this one. I probably won't be. I just don't think I can bring myself to after how we've played and knowing I won't get home until midnight and I'll be pissed off. Then again I didn't think I could bring myself to go to the Fordham game and I was lucky enough to see that one
As nice as it was to invite him, it may be nicer to tell him not to bother coming down.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I think we win this. Davidson is soft, but they're like Reggie millers if Reggie Miller was a pillow. I want to see Harris and CY pound them in the paint. Every game is put up or shut up. We have all been complaining for 24 hours and now its time make up any ground we can on progressing this team. I'll be there and I'll be rowdy.
2 x
GO RAMS
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ace wrote: 5 years ago Davidson was very impressive in their near comeback against Dayton. It wasn’t working early for them, but they hung in there and adjusted. It was a highly competitive, intense game from both sides. A really enjoyable watch.
Ya gotta trust your stuff and keep running it. McKillop never wavers in his belief he can outcoach you and his guys will outwork your guys. That no look pass out of the high post last night was perfect example. You know your guy will find the seam in the D.

Pure basketball.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I hope McKillop coaches forever. I’m a big fan.
4 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Take notes Cox..literally.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

maybe "on paper"

Davidson
No sooner had Davidson been welcomed to the august precincts of Bubble Watch than the Wildcats promptly went out and lost their next game. Bob McKillop's men trailed Dayton at home by 19 points in the second half and came all the way back to tie the game in the final minute, only to fall short 74-73. The loss leaves Dayton at 19-7 overall and 10-3 in the Atlantic 10. Beating VCU at home in January will continue to look good on the profile, but, in any event, we likely won't have to wait long to know whether an at-large bid is still within reach for the Wildcats. Their next game is at Rhode Island, and winning there is, on paper, going to be a taller task than winning at home against the Flyers would have been. (Updated: Feb. 19).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... lls-bubble
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 years ago maybe "on paper"

Davidson
No sooner had Davidson been welcomed to the august precincts of Bubble Watch than the Wildcats promptly went out and lost their next game. Bob McKillop's men trailed Dayton at home by 19 points in the second half and came all the way back to tie the game in the final minute, only to fall short 74-73. The loss leaves Dayton at 19-7 overall and 10-3 in the Atlantic 10. Beating VCU at home in January will continue to look good on the profile, but, in any event, we likely won't have to wait long to know whether an at-large bid is still within reach for the Wildcats. Their next game is at Rhode Island, and winning there is, on paper, going to be a taller task than winning at home against the Flyers would have been. (Updated: Feb. 19).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... lls-bubble
Funniest thing I've read today :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The Bubble Watch guy must be smoking something good....
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Wins over a solid St. Louis team and VCU so that could be a factor to what this team is capable of doing.
2 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Wins over a solid St. Louis team and VCU so that could be a factor to what this team is capable of doing.
2nd funniest :lol: :lol:
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The team that beat St. Louis and VCU doesn't exist anymore. They skipped town a couple of weeks ago.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

We definitely need the team that beat VCU to return.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Reminder (for those of us who are going, which includes me, obviously) one pub will be closed for Big Chill Weekend festivities. The AA website doesn't specify which one is going to be closed, but it's $10 to get into the pub (thought it was $20, but that is access and ticket). For some reason I keep thinking today is Thursday. Figure I leave work, have a gap of time to get dinner and whatever and then get to the RC. Saw a tweet where doors open at 7:30. Too bad I have an early start on Saturday morning because I don't think I'll be getting home before midnight even though I am 8 miles from campus.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago The AA website doesn't specify which one is going to be closed, but it's $10 to get into the pub (thought it was $20, but that is access and ticket).
By the end of this season, I am going to have to be looking into a different AA website. :lol:
3 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago I think we win this. Davidson is soft, but they're like Reggie millers if Reggie Miller was a pillow. I want to see Harris and CY pound them in the paint. Every game is put up or shut up. We have all been complaining for 24 hours and now its time make up any ground we can on progressing this team. I'll be there and I'll be rowdy.
ATP, we really need a snark font for posts like this.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago I think we win this. Davidson is soft, but they're like Reggie millers if Reggie Miller was a pillow. I want to see Harris and CY pound them in the paint. Every game is put up or shut up. We have all been complaining for 24 hours and now its time make up any ground we can on progressing this team. I'll be there and I'll be rowdy.
ATP, we really need a snark font for posts like this.
You all watch! The nightmare ends this Friday
3 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

They might have a chance if they could only come out of the gate and hit some shots...and their energy level would go up.....you have to play disciplined defense against Davidson and that takes effort.

Sounds simple......
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Good God. I'll be at the game. But if they play like the last 7 games, the crowd is going to go nuts. People were beyond themselves at the Fordham game. Nothing like showcasing this on ESPN at 9 on a Friday.

Edit: If we lose on Friday my tagline will come true for the last 8 games. Well done.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

In my opinion, the team needs to focus on improving in one or two areas ONLY and then build from there. They need to show they have mastered at least some of the system and/or skills before trying to do more. This way they can build confidence in one area and continue to build from there. This would be more of a mental rebuild than anything else.
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

4 x
GO RAMS
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I don’t have any logical reason to expect a good game, but I think we get one. Not sure we win but I think it will be better than the last few.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

That video was great to watch but then depressing.
It’s crazy how much things are different from less than 12 months ago. Watching that video you could tell that those guys really enjoyed playing with and for each other.
I don’t know if you can say that now. Does winning hide things maybe, does losing make things worst maybe. But you can tell there was an killer instinct they played with and this year team looks lost. I’m not smart enough to say it’s coaching or maybe don’t want to think that but there seems to be some major problems on this team.
2 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago
Wow, what on earth happened to the Fatts Russell from this video, I know the surrounding cast is now completely different but there is no denying the ability of this kid.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

If we lose by less than 15 points at home to Davidson, should it be considered a moral victory?
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

What is the over-under on the number of back door cuts to the basket for lay ups for Davidson. I say the number is 5 for them and 0 for us.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Besides needing some refreshing rhody memories, I'm glad someone noticed that Fatts was a different shooter. Cast and coaching aside, I don't buy that he was on;y a good shooter because of the confidence boost this team gave him. He hit big shot after big shot, throughout most of the season. Even his smooth reverse layups around defenders were crisper.
1 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Besides needing some refreshing rhody memories, I'm glad someone noticed that Fatts was a different shooter. Cast and coaching aside, I don't buy that he was on;y a good shooter because of the confidence boost this team gave him. He hit big shot after big shot, throughout most of the season. Even his smooth reverse layups around defenders were crisper.
His coach at the time probably demanded that he work in the gym to get the playing time - especially since there was so much talent ahead of him.

His coach now doesn't seem to care what he does and will publicly laugh when Fatts does the exact opposite of what is asked of him on the court. Doesn't matter because he'll still get 30 minutes a night, so why put in the extra work?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Only positive I saw from our last debacle was Jermaine scoring 11 points. Let's get him more involved in the offense and good things will happen.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

we will be up from Nj again for this game. sure hope we don't see what we watched Tuesday. NYGFAN Section 208 check your PMS.
3 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Besides needing some refreshing rhody memories, I'm glad someone noticed that Fatts was a different shooter. Cast and coaching aside, I don't buy that he was on;y a good shooter because of the confidence boost this team gave him. He hit big shot after big shot, throughout most of the season. Even his smooth reverse layups around defenders were crisper.
Fatts wasn't a good shooter last year. He shot 35% from the field and just under 30% from 3. Those aren't good numbers, maybe mediocre at best.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

josephski wrote: 5 years ago
Fatts wasn't a good shooter last year. He shot 35% from the field and just under 30% from 3. Those aren't good numbers, maybe mediocre at best.
Mediocre or not, I'd give my left nut if he put up those numbers this year.
7 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago
josephski wrote: 5 years ago
Mediocre or not, I'd give my left nut if he put up those numbers this year.
This season Fatts is shooting 30% from the field and 17% from 3. I won't do the math, but I think if he shot like last season, that it could potentially have lead to more wins this seasons.
2 x
GO RAMS
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

watching that video was great, what a special group we had the last few years. Makes me really miss Stan and Jarvis. Here is hoping these guys come out and hit a few shots early to get some confidence and get the crowd behind them early.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

The Dude wrote: 5 years ago In my opinion, the team needs to focus on improving in one or two areas ONLY and then build from there. They need to show they have mastered at least some of the system and/or skills before trying to do more. This way they can build confidence in one area and continue to build from there. This would be more of a mental rebuild than anything else.
Totally agree. I think this team and all teams should focus on doing what they can do better and then go from there complimenting whatever the hell you can do. Then you have an identity and the game isn't so overwhelming.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think we all underestimated just how much we would miss all those guys just for 3 point shooting all of them could hit those shots Jared EC Jarvis and Stan

Now we got a bunch of brick layers
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......Team Rankings gives us 48% to win......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938