THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Unread post by luke »

The line is out in Vegas as VCU - 9 . URI will be lucky to beat the spread much less win the way they are going , but this season you
never know because things can change on dime . But I wouldn't bet on it . It seems like it was a season ago that URI beat VCU, but it
was less than a month ago and the team was headed in the other direction until back to back losses on the road to UMASS and Duquesne
with a brief interruption for a home win over St. Louis happened . Since then , three straight losses to Davidson,Dayton and Fordham have come to
dash all hopes . Could things turn around against a VCU club that may still be celebrating a road win over Dayton ? Unlikely you say ? Well,
don't get carried away putting a lot of money on VCU regardless of how bleak things look . URI is a desperate team . We will see if there
is any heart and determination left for Rhody to pull off an upset or have they already mailed in the rest of the season ? we could see a 20
point loss if that's the case . If not, alternatively we could see a dog fight . Here's hoping for the latter.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

luke wrote: 5 years ago The line is out in Vegas as VCU - 9 . URI will be lucky to beat the spread much less win the way they are going , but this season you
never know because things can change on dime . But I wouldn't bet on it . It seems like it was a season ago that URI beat VCU, but it
was less than a month ago and the team was headed in the other direction until back to back losses on the road to UMASS and Duquesne
with a brief interruption for a home win over St. Louis happened . Since then , three straight losses to Davidson,Dayton and Fordham have come to
dash all hopes . Could things turn around against a VCU club that may still be celebrating a road win over Dayton ? Unlikely you say ? Well,
don't get carried away putting a lot of money on VCU regardless of how bleak things look . URI is a desperate team . We will see if there
is any heart and determination left for Rhody to pull off an upset or have they already mailed in the rest of the season ? we could see a 20
point loss if that's the case . If not, alternatively we could see a dog fight . Here's hoping for the latter.
Two words.... super bowl. Take Rhody and the points.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I will bet VCU big and hope I either reverse jinx it or get paid. Win/win.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I hope you have lots of expendable money Truepoint if you intend to bet big money on either team because as your financial
advisor and gambling Consigliere I would strongly suggest you reconsider such a bet ha ha. However , if you do have a lot of
extra cash and you can reverse jinx it , by all means go for it because the team needs all the help it can get .
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago
luke wrote: 5 years ago The line is out in Vegas as VCU - 9 . URI will be lucky to beat the spread much less win the way they are going , but this season you
Two words.... super bowl. Take Rhody and the points.
THIS IS OUR SUPER BOWL!!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The spread has dropped a point to VCU - 8 . Somewhat of a surprise to me.
0 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

VCU played awful up here, they turned the ball over a ton and shot like we normally do. Id be very surprised if this wasn't a 15 point loss, but I guess thats why they play the games right? I'll still be tuning in
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Suuu-pah Bo!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago Suuu-pah Bo!
It is. But it's the Pats vs. the '85 Bears.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

All I gotta say is when I heard the guys on pregame talking about where URI's offense and VCU's defensive efficiency ranks I bet the URI team total Under 62.5. Wish I bet more, seems like that was the lock of the year.
1 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!