THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Unread post by luke »

The line is out in Vegas for this one and it is URI - 1 . I would have thought it might be - 2 , but I'll take it . this is
really the first opportunity for the Rams to beat one of the top teams in the A 10 on their home court . VCU is definitely
beatable and i believe URI will win . Very tough to win on the road for any A 10 teams, especially among the top 5-6
teams and i think URI is in that category .
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS VCU

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

luke wrote: 5 years ago The line is out in Vegas for this one and it is URI - 1 . I would have thought it might be - 2 , but I'll take it . this is
really the first opportunity for the Rams to beat one of the top teams in the A 10 on their home court . VCU is definitely
beatable and i believe URI will win . Very tough to win on the road for any A 10 teams, especially among the top 5-6
teams and i think URI is in that category .

i would contend that George Mason was our first chance to beat a top tier contender at home.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Mason was supposed to be a contender going into the season, but shit the bed early on....but they are now playing the way they were expected to.

We found that out the hard way.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This one is all over the map. I’m seeing a pick em, and I’ve also seen VCU -1.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just saw pick em and I am laying off
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......not touching this one, plus my allowance does not have enough.......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I honestly love our odds in a sold out ryan center with students back. These are the games that Fatts comes up big in - lets just hope its more of the fatts we've seen the last two games.

Feeling bullish so I took Rhody -1.5.

Hedged it with the under 132 though.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

That's a smart approach, Blue Man. I was so happy to have Pats over the Chargers 2 weeks ago, but then our boys got donkey punched by GMU and ruined my day. I'm holding off on bets for a while until I see more consistency. But I still think they'll pull out tonight's rock fight. :D
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Definitely feeling the under
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Most services now have the spread as URI - 1 1/2 . Late yesterday itwas moving in the other direction to pick em and
even one had VCU - 1 , but I don't see that anywhere anymore. More betting on URI now , but still the total betting is 54%
to 46% in favor of VCU . Interesting.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The under feels like such a no brainer, which is probably why it will turn into a shoot out and Vegas will laugh all the way to the bank.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Honestly kind of surprised we would be favored in this one, even at home. We haven't really shown we can beat very good teams yet, but tonight sure is a good place to start!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Hope y’all took the under.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

What the hell is happening to my under???
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

This is exactly why I don't touch Rhodey MBB. Too much of a fan and still too inconsistent.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

After that 1st half, there is no way in hell you would think they would go over.....

I don't care if they total 100 or 200....just win baby....
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I won the bet I cared about. I’ll take a very happy push.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

1st half under is usually the play , too much can happen in the 2h too push the game over fouling and possible OT
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I know it is revisionist history, but I was going to post this yesterday...just didn't have time. You really have to have stones to bet the under in a men's college basketball game. I know they probably come in half the time, but what happened last night "seems" to happen in every game (unless of course you take the over :D )

I was going to post about the dreaded 7 point spread with 3-4 minutes to go. teams score 90 points in the first 36 minutes then find a way to score 46 in the last 4. It may not have been that bad last night, but not far off.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago I know it is revisionist history, but I was going to post this yesterday...just didn't have time. You really have to have stones to bet the under in a men's college basketball game. I know they probably come in half the time, but what happened last night "seems" to happen in every game (unless of course you take the over :D )

I was going to post about the dreaded 7 point spread with 3-4 minutes to go. teams score 90 points in the first 36 minutes then find a way to score 46 in the last 4. It may not have been that bad last night, but not far off.
It was that bad lol
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

46 points at half time and the over/under was 132. They could score 85 points in the second half and you win the under. They scored 90.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”