12/16 West Virginia @ Mohegan Sun

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

12/16 West Virginia @ Mohegan Sun

Unread post by section(105) »

.......Team Rankngs gives us 27.5% to win....l
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 12/16 West Virginia @ Mohegan Sun

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I’ll be there with 5 friends, let’s get this done!
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am hoping we are going to see the team improve every week. They improved in several areas this last week.
Still need to reduce the turnovers (assist to turnover ratio is key) and the three point shooting.

If they continue to improve this week, they can beat WV.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Will be interesting to see how Langevine does matching up with Konate. Definitely a step up in competition level for him, so should be a good one to watch.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t think Cox can expect as much out of Cyril against the WV front court. Need more out of Jeff and Fatts.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This is going to be fun, hopefully we have a similar crowd to the cinci game.
1 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago This is going to be fun, hopefully we have a similar crowd to the cinci game.
The two day HOF tournament at Mohegan Sun (cap 9,323) in 2016 drew a total of 18,308 for an average of 9,154 for each date. Given that field had three ranked teams including Duke and a more heralded URI team, I doubt you will see numbers anywhere near that next Sunday. I am not sure you will even see a crowd like the 7,111 that saw URI beat Oklahoma State back in 2010. My guess will be in the the 4-6k range. Will be interesting to see how many Dayton fans will be there for their game as they are a group that travels well. I do not expect a big number of fans from either West Virginia or Tulsa.
2 x
PaulieMash
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PaulieMash »

I'm hoping we see the continued improvement of this team roll into Sunday. Would be a great boost for the team and the fan base for a competitive game, let alone a W. I'll be there Sunday hoping for the best.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Still not a fan of game threads started without any splash. Makes the board look cheap.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This game could play in the 50s for us to have a shot. WVU hasn't looked great, but they are big, athletic and will play lock down D. All staples of Huggy bear. Will be a big test for Cyril and Jermaine against probably the best front line we see all year (Kanate and Ahmad). Go Rhody!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Still not a fan of game threads started without any splash. Makes the board look cheap.
Don’t worry, I will fix this one. Plenty of time.

Amazing to me that people are so impatient but it’s coming from a good place, I guess.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Still not a fan of game threads started without any splash. Makes the board look cheap.
Don’t worry, I will fix this one. Plenty of time.

Amazing to me that people are so impatient but it’s coming from a good place, I guess.
I'll do them sometimes TP, but I need the time to research after the last game.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Game should be a good learning experience for the Freshmen. It will make for a nice small road trip to watch them take on a good team. I'm looking forward to it and it wouldn't surprise me if a player like Martin ends up performing well in this game. If there is one thing I noticed about that game video against Cam Reddish is that he can start off a bit slow, but once he gains just a little bit of confidence he can be quite the force.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

My wife, her sister and my daughter will all be with me for this game. We will be there rooting for my daughter's Alma Mater, Uri
and Dayton, Alma Mater of my wife , her sister and myself. WVU has been less than impressive so far so who knows ?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I am not expecting a win but I hope we give them all we can handle and have a shot to pull off the win in the last 5 minutes
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

so then are you volunteering?
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago
so then are you volunteering?
Yes, he’s done several. The thing is, if you prepare the top post the way we want it, it takes a little time and it is also information-based and that information is not always available so long before the game. I also get that people want to start talking about the next game as soon as the previous one ends. I have a couple ideas about how to appease the anxious fans and have the game threads formatted the way that we want it, but unfortunately my personal/professional life is severely limiting the time I can spend here compared to previous years so I haven’t had the time to implement it. Hoping I’ll be able to commit a little more time during the second half of the year.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Anyone know why Aris "The Greek God of Fouls" Tsourgiannis was not dressed in the last game. He was wearing a gray sweatsuit.
2 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago Anyone know why Aris "The Greek God of Fouls" Tsourgiannis was not dressed in the last game. He was wearing a gray sweatsuit.
They decided they could save having to put his uniform through the wash if he didn't dress.
5 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I just posted the same about Aris in his recruiting thread......glad we beat Holy Cross without him....let's see how the next game goes...
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

TruePoint is correct in that doing a good opening "splash" requires work. My suggestion is use a thread to list the Rams' schedule opponent by opponent and then ask for volunteers for each game. Once that assignment list is established then publish it as a "stickie" and remind each poster via private message of their duty well in advance of the game. You can give them a guideline format or you can list items that must be included and let each poster use their own creativity to go from there. Surely the number of KB fanatics agreeing to do one or two games can easily be found. The beauty of this is you don't have to wait until next season, you can start with the Diamond Head Classic opener and then Middle Tennessee. I can commit now to doing the Middle Tennessee game.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Done. Obie, you get Midd Tenn.

Last year Native volunteered to help me with some games. I have a template I’m happy to provide to anyone that wants to volunteer for a game. Obie, I will PM you that template in the coming days if you’re interested (another approach could be to copy the format out of an existing game thread that you like, but that’s up to you).

As far as a list, it’s a good idea. We will definitely consider it.
2 x
bwerner10
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bwerner10 »

I have two tickets in section 27 C seats 1 and 2 really good sets I don’t think I make it. I paid $35 each for them. I would need to transfer them or overnight them to. DM me if interested
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I’m worried about Harris and fouls in this game. WVU is a physical match-up, and they need him and Cyril on the court as much as possible.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Any word on whether this game will be televised? That Stadium stream is slower than an old man taking a leak... :?
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

It's on CBS Sports Network

One thing I've noticed this year is that our schedule isn't really up to date with video information and I've had to go to the other team's schedule to see the video arrangements for games
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

I've done some work for the tribe and they hooked me up with some pretty good seats and a room the night before. Lets goooooooo Rams!
6 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago Any word on whether this game will be televised? That Stadium stream is slower than an old man taking a leak... :?
I'm sitting on my couch with laptop and LOL'ed heartily with this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago Any word on whether this game will be televised? That Stadium stream is slower than an old man taking a leak... :?
I'm sitting on my couch with laptop and LOL'ed heartily with this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
As long as you weren't taking a leak too it's all gooooood.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago
Oh trust me, I am careful-- we're good. Don't want to have to call NiRoPe for a couch clean. :lol:
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago

Oh trust me, I am careful-- we're good. Don't want to have to call NiRoPe for a couch clean. :lol:
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I am buying my tickets today. Does anyone know which bench will the Rhody bench? Not sure if I saw it anywhere else in this thread.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I bought 4 tickets for the WVU game when I bought my season tix. I have 1 available. I'm picking the tickets up at will call at the Mohegan Sun on Sunday. I paid $46/seat which was the option for the best seats. I will call the ticket office later this afternoon to see if they can tell me exactly where the seats are.

I will take the first fair offer for the one seat. Please direct message me if interested.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

If you log into your ticket account you should be able to see where your seats are
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago If you log into your ticket account you should be able to see where your seats are

Thanks Rhowdy. I've never logged into my ticket account. Wouldn't know where to start with that?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I have 3 extra tickets available for WV game at Mohegan. Sec 27 Row J. Looking for face value $35/ticket.
Will sell 2 or 3.
We are going to the game so I can meet you at Mohegan beforehand . PM me if you are interested.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Start here:

https://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... tInfo.html

Once you log in, go to view order history, then click on the blue link that says Rhode Island vs. West Virginia at Mohegan Sun and it will show your seats toward the bottom right
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago Start here:

https://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... tInfo.html

Once you log in, go to view order history, then click on the blue link that says Rhode Island vs. West Virginia at Mohegan Sun and it will show your seats toward the bottom right

Thanks again Rhowdy!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

You're welcome!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Have we seen the navy blue jerseys yet?
0 x
GO RAMS
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago I bought 4 tickets for the WVU game when I bought my season tix. I have 1 available. I'm picking the tickets up at will call at the Mohegan Sun on Sunday. I paid $46/seat which was the option for the best seats. I will call the ticket office later this afternoon to see if they can tell me exactly where the seats are.

I will take the first fair offer for the one seat. Please direct message me if interested.

seats are Section 25 Row Q. Should be in lower section between foul line and half court. And the tickets were actually $55 each.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Have we seen the navy blue jerseys yet?
Yes, at the very least during the Providence game
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
Yikes, my bad.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
Yikes, my bad.
And the holy cross game
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago
RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago I bought 4 tickets for the WVU game when I bought my season tix. I have 1 available. I'm picking the tickets up at will call at the Mohegan Sun on Sunday. I paid $46/seat which was the option for the best seats. I will call the ticket office later this afternoon to see if they can tell me exactly where the seats are.

seats are Section 25 Row Q. Should be in lower section between foul line and half court. And the tickets were actually $55 each.

This ticket is no longer available.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

They force a lot of turnovers but make more. Statistically the are a much better shooting team than us. We will have to shoot well, limit our turnovers, and play tough defense to have a chance.
Last edited by KevanBoyles 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

They’ve lost two of their three games on neutral courts and the other at home. They have had played no true road games to date.
0 x
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

If any alumni r gathering beforehand let me know I’ll be driving up from NY at 9am n have a room for night! I’ll be n my Lamar Odom jersey i got off Chinese website— wore it to Fordham game last year let’s go rhody!!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice I got an Odom jersey off a Chinese web site too good stuff
0 x