Historic Harvard Stadium

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Historic Harvard Stadium

Unread post by OBRAM »

StadiumPanoEndZone.JPG
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Historic Harvard Stadium

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Its a beautiful historic facility. I was impressed with the top mezzanine with the Greek Columns. Love the horseshoe shape too.
0 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago Its a beautiful historic facility. I was impressed with the top mezzanine with the Greek Columns. Love the horseshoe shape too.

Some of the old Ivy stadiums just reek of history and tradition. I have been to games at both the Yale Bowl and Franklin Field and they are somewhat similar to Harvard Stadium. Have also been to Princeton's new stadium that replaced Palmer Field. While it is a very nice new modern facility, it lacks charm and character. The only Ivy stadium I have not a least gone by was Columbia. The stadiums at Brown, Cornell, and Dartmouth are nothing special like those at Harvard, Yale, and Penn. It is cool to think that these old stadiums were once the epicenter of college football.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea my friends and I were amazed to see banners with 1890 and early 1900s on them
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

The oldest CFB stadium in the country.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I've been to Baker Field; not sure if Columbia plays there any more. Been to Harvard, Franklin field, and the Yale Bowl as well. Don't think I ever made it to Palmer.
0 x