Gm 6 Football vs Maine 12pm Sat Oct 13 Homecoming for URI

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Gm 6 Football vs Maine 12pm Sat Oct 13 Homecoming for URI

Unread post by ramster »

LIVE Video: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/

Could be a big game for URI and for Maine as URI will be going into this with a 2-0 CAA Record (UCONN, Harvard and Brown all being OOC games)
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Gm 6 Football vs Maine 12pm Sat Oct 13 Homecoming for URI

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

One of my favorite days of the year. Foliage, football, and a fresh beer.
2 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

#25 Maine defeated #19 Villanova at home 13-10. Big game for URI next Saturday vs Maine for Homecoming!!!!
#23 Towson is beating #13 Stony Brook 52-28 with 8 minutes to go so #18 URI should move up past Stony Brook in next rankings
#14 Montana is losing 19-14 to Portland State at home with 12 minutes to go
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Is this really real? URI could be knocking on the door of top 10!
Who would of thought that in July?
Good stuff!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Maine won on a game ending 52 yard FG vs Nova today.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Conference game of the week coming up Saturday in Kingston with two of the four teams tied for first going head to head. Not only is this to stay undefeated in conference but this could very well be a tie breaker further down the line for playoff selection.

This could be a battle of the back up quarterbacks, with our quarterback more questionable than theirs. Red shirt sophomore Chris Ferguson hurt his shoulder early in the 9/22 Central Michigan game and has been out since. Last year he went 18/28 for 214 yards and 5 touchdowns against us in their 51-27 win. If he doesn't go, they'll be lead by red shirt freshman Isaiah Robinson. In two plus games he's gone 42/89 for 487 yards, 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

Despite losing 51-27, late in the second quarter we were up 21-10. Maine scored 41 unanswered points after that point.

A few good reasons to hate Maine: Robinson originally verbaled to us before signing with Maine, not sure what happened there. Also last year, late in the third quarter and up 44-21 Maine ran a flea flicker. I'd love to pull something like that on them this Saturday.

First forecast is partly sunny with a high of 57
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Any word on Lawson?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don't think we will see him again this year.....no inside info.....just my take.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Even the most negative rumored timeline has him back for James Madison, maybe you give him an extra week to get ready for the season ending game against New Hampshire. That last game could be pivotal for having a winning season/getting a playoff spot/playoff seeding, so I think he'll be back. If he hadn't used his redshirt year already then maybe you'd just sit him and use the new four game rule
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago I don't think we will see him again this year.....no inside info.....just my take.....
Let's hope you're very wrong here.

Too bad for Lawson already missing two games, this kid is exciting and would have been setting records this year.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If he couldn't play again is it possible he could get a 6th year and a medical hardship? It has happened a few times at the hoops level, though rare. But sucks for that kid if a potential record breaking year for him was cut short.
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

That, I would think would be a stretch, but most of the receivers would be back as well so it would be another chance to set some high marks.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Maine's starting QB Chris Ferguson did practice yesterday after not dressing this past week against Villanova. He'll most likely be a game time decision.

Judging by the looks of Lawson Saturday, I find it doubtful he will play anytime soon. Cannot get any further information on him

The biggest question I have is if Vito can have the same success against Maine's defense on Saturday (no, not looking for 310 and 4 TDs). Maine's defense is a solid unit, and a huge step up from Brown. Lots of pressure can go into this game for a QB making his 2nd career start. Top 25 matchup, homecoming, actual expectations, etc. He looked good Saturday and I'm hoping he can continue it.

Rhode Islands defense should be in good shape against Maine whether its Ferguson or Robinson. I trust that unit without question.

It is going to be a great game. Top 25, homecoming, family day, high 50s for weather....it doesn't get much better than that!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I saw only some of the second half of the Brown game and it looked like a lot of Vito's passes were about to be picked off and I felt like if be was playing against better competition they would be.

Either way, he will have open receivers all day regardless of who we play so he should be able to find them.

Godspeed to Jajuan and his MCL.
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago If he couldn't play again is it possible he could get a 6th year and a medical hardship? It has happened a few times at the hoops level, though rare. But sucks for that kid if a potential record breaking year for him was cut short.
Highly unlikely. From my knowledge the 6th year is generally granted to players who lost 2 years due to injuries or some other event outside of their control which is why it's pretty rare to see. On the New Mexico site it says Lawson "Redshirted but traveled as the emergency quarterback" regarding his freshman season so I'd imagine that doesn't fit the criteria for being granted a 6th year.
0 x
jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

Small update on Lawson. Saw him tonight at Rhody Rally no crutches and no visible knee brace. Good sign?
6 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

jakepnickers wrote: 5 years ago Small update on Lawson. Saw him tonight at Rhody Rally no crutches and no visible knee brace. Good sign?

I'll take that as a good sign!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'll take that news as a good sign. Maybe Steve MacDonald Gym Shorts is correct and Lawson could be back sooner than we thought.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago
jakepnickers wrote: 5 years ago Small update on Lawson. Saw him tonight at Rhody Rally no crutches and no visible knee brace. Good sign?

I'll take that as a good sign!
Great sign! But it’s also nice to know that Vito can handle the job. Not bad to have two QBs going down this stretch of tough games. Hopefully Lawson is soon ready.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Also good that Vito gets some experience ahead of next year.

If the recuvers believe in him and we keep winning they are less likely to transfer like all pur other really good players have lately.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Want another reason to hate Maine going into this one? Let's go back to our last winning season, November 3, 2001, when we hosted the #24 Black Bears as the #9 team. We were 7-1 and had reached a high of #4, but we were coming off an ugly loss at Richmond. Maine fans chose to sit behind the students and constantly complained to the ushers that the students were standing in front of them, leading the ushers to demand the students sit. Maine jumped out to a 20-0 lead by the midway point of the second quarter before we could try and mount a comeback, eventually losing 26-14. We would also lose the next week at UMass, putting the final nail in the coffin for our playoff hopes.

If we had beaten Maine that day, we would almost definitely have made the playoffs. I think we would have won the tiebreaker for the Atlantic 10 automatic bid between us, Villanova, William & Mary, and Hofstra. Instead Maine took our place, and we finished a game behind the league champions.

Latest forecast has a 40% chance of showers Saturday, mainly between 10am and 4pm with a high of 54
Last edited by RhowdyRam02 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

RhowdyRam02....was that the last Top 25 matchup in Kingston? I don’t know if someone mentioned it earlier, but I’m just curious when the last time we hosted a Top 25 matchup.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Want two more reasons to hate Maine?

1. They've beaten us 11 straight times and 15 of the last 16.

2. In 2010, they beat us 28-23. No big deal, right? Wrong. At the one yard line with one second left, our final chance was ruled incomplete at the back of the end zone, however a photographer took a picture that showed that the receiver came down with the ball and we actually should have won the game. Supposedly Trainer saw the photo and he forwarded it to the league office, who suspended the ref for missing the call. We went 5-6 that year, we would have had a winning season if that play was ruled correctly
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Ok that is infuriating.

I got my Maine hate on now!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodyfan3 wrote: 5 years ago RhowdyRam02....was that the last Top 25 matchup in Kingston? I don’t know if someone mentioned it earlier, but I’m just curious when the last time we hosted a Top 25 matchup.
Yes, it appears that way. Looks like the last time we were ranked at Meade was the 2001 season ending game against unranked Northeastern. We were ranked for one week in 2005 and lost at #24 UMass
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago Ok that is infuriating.

I got my Maine hate on now!
1 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

This is a great sign! Let's break the home attendance record for this game!

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I bought tickets today. Through URI only seats in the East stands in Section 5 were available. Through the Vivid link you could get seats on the Ryan Center side for $32 in Section 10.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hopefully the rain will hold off. A muddy field would not help URI's passing attack.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Hopefully the rain will hold off. A muddy field would not help URI's passing attack.

Won't help Maines worse passing attack.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Are umbrellas allowed inside Meade Stadium?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Please don't bring an umbrella. Just get a plastic poncho to wear that would not block anyone else's view of the game. It will keep you dryer than an umbrella anyway.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

For the first time ever that I can remember, a URI football game will be sold out. THIS IS AWESOME.

0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago For the first time ever that I can remember, a URI football game will be sold out. THIS IS AWESOME.

Last year's Alumni and Family Weekend game against #14 Elon drew 7221 and I don't remember a similar message about tickets
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

I have seen the rams four times this year. The two home games, Harvard, and sitting with them at a uri soccer game in mid August. At the soccer game, a large number of players came and were in positive spirits, some cheering and others talking about their futures ie NFL draft. It appeared to me that this was a team that had its act together. On the other hand, i've been rooting since '63 and have not seen very much winning, act together or not. At the Harvard game, I'm on the fifty yard line watching a second half with no starting quarterback and an offense that wasn't going anywhere. When Harvard was down a touchdown in the fourth quarter, I would have bet the house that the Crimson would have tied the game and gone on to win . But this year is different, there was an attitude on the bench of confidence and support. We now get to an actual, meaningful game tomorrow. I hope you' got your ticket. When the team comes on to the field, stand up! There are "fans" on the west side with me that must think that they will be fined or arrested if they dare to stand. Don't let a little rain stop you! Rhody, Rhody, Rhody...
4 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

New message that Reserved seating and general admission tickets are sold out. Standing room still available. I think there is still tickets available thru Vivid.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rhodyfan3 wrote: 5 years ago Are umbrellas allowed inside Meade Stadium?
They are not
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Chris Ferguson (Maine starting QB) practiced this week. Expectation is he will start.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I got two standing rooms today....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

LET'S GO RHODY!

GO RAMS!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Anyone know when our last sell-out was?

http://gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2018 ... 1012osmgo1
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI favored by 7 points today
URI has won vs the spread in all 5 games this season
Zoe Bryant and Ahmere Dorsey looked great in the backfield last weekend
Hope Dorsey is in the starting line up today along with Bryant
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Last week, I went to my first game since the Tom Ehrhardt era (35+ years?) It was fun watching us kick Brown's ass. I was really impressed with our wide receivers. Looks like Fleming is getting some good talent to come here now.
0 x
DowtinDimes
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by DowtinDimes »

Just had a band of moderately heavy rain come through Kingston - would have to think that even if Lawson was truly a gametime decision, he won't be risked in these conditions. Still optimistic that we can take this one - go Rhody!
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

As much as I love the fact that the game says “SOLD OUT “ how is that possible? I get selling out actual tickets for seats but if there is such a demand they can’t sell “ standing room “ tickets?
I remember the days when all around the field it use to be about 4-5 people deep. So sold out to me seems odd? Is it new fire codes, even tho it’s outside? I say if 15,000 people showed up you sell whatever to them and pack them in. I don’t know may just be me and not thinking the “ new way “ of things now.
GO RHODY!
0 x
DowtinDimes
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by DowtinDimes »

Lawson is not taking practice reps with the other QBs, but Aaron Parker is. Wildcat to feature prominently today?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Great pick.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Reminder, this game is streamed live for FREE and should be available on-demand for free sometime after the game.

LIVE Video: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Rhody with the interception to start the 2nd half and quickly scores a TD!

Rams lead, 23-14
0 x