Gm 2 Football vs Albany 1pm Sat Sept 8

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Native
ARD

Re: Gm 2 Football vs Albany 1pm Sat Sept 8

Unread post by Native »

Final score:

Rhode Island 45, Albany 26

—an impressive first half performance by Rhody football—
Last edited by Native 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

I thought this was a key win for the program. You have all the hype of upsetting a ranked opponent on the road. The last thing you’d want to do is drop a game at home to Albany.
Albany is a good football team, and if we did lose this game it wouldn’t have been the end of the world.
But imagine all the big mouths speaking against the program if they upset a ranked opponent, and then lose against a team with not much name recognition? They’d be all over it.
Too bad. This football team can win games. 2-0 heading into UConn.
GO RHODY.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Might be the best wide receivers collection we have ever had at URI. Parker could play FBS, and Coulter may be just as good. Lawson looks like a 5th year senior making all the right decisions.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

And based on the manner in which we beat them I’d be shocked if we aren’t ranked this week.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

After last week we received 178 votes, which was good enough to put us at #29. We’ll have to see how the rest of the Top-25 play this week. But I could absolutely see it.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I mean we were up 45 to 7 on them and then we pulled off ghe breaks. We beat them worse than Pitt!
I would be a little surprised if we weren't ranked.

We are ready for uconn baby go rhody!
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Great crowd, east side just about filled. No punts in the first half. When was the last time that happened. Highlight of my afternoon when we were up big, a guy yelled I must be dreaming. Huskies better be careful.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

neil wrote: 5 years ago Great crowd, east side just about filled. No punts in the first half. When was the last time that happened. Highlight of my afternoon when we were up big, a guy yelled I must be dreaming. Huskies better be careful.
6,520. But we should drop football? I'll be looking forward to next week at UConn.
I thought our biggest weakness last week was our punter. Easiest remedy? Just don't punt in the first half. Points on the first six possessions!
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

The punter is very bad. He can’t kick the ball more than 30 yards. Honestly there has to be a former soccer player student in the quad who can kick it further. That could eventually hurt us, if we ever have to punt.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Very enjoyable game.....I sat between Carl Koussa and Dr. Carothers.....they wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise.....

This is a fun team to watch.....get out to a game....you won't regret it......unless you sit between Koussa and Carothers....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Great game by QB and his receivers! O line was great in pass protection. Defensively, Ginetti dominated; Albany resorted to holding him
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago Very enjoyable game.....I sat between Carl Koussa and Dr. Carothers.....they wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise.....

This is a fun team to watch.....get out to a game....you won't regret it......unless you sit between Koussa and Carothers....
My condolences
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody Football...catch the fever!! Nice win!
1 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Great way to follow up last weeks win!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago The punter is very bad. He can’t kick the ball more than 30 yards. Honestly there has to be a former soccer player student in the quad who can kick it further. That could eventually hurt us, if we ever have to punt.
In the 2nd half he had a punt go 7 yards. Enough said
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bos8 wrote: 5 years ago
neil wrote: 5 years ago Great crowd, east side just about filled. No punts in the first half. When was the last time that happened. Highlight of my afternoon when we were up big, a guy yelled I must be dreaming. Huskies better be careful.
6,520. But we should drop football? I'll be looking forward to next week at UConn.
I thought our biggest weakness last week was our punter. Easiest remedy? Just don't punt in the first half. Points on the first six possessions!
Last Season our 1st home game was with Stonybrook on September 9. We had 5,102 so today was 1,418 more than last year or 28% more.
Would not be surprised to see the Brown Game sell out.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
Bos8 wrote: 5 years ago
Last Season our 1st home game was with Stonybrook on September 9. We had 5,102 so today was 1,418 more than last year or 28% more.
Would not be surprised to see the Brown Game sell out.
Not sure about that Ramster. What is a sellout
0 x
PaulieMash
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PaulieMash »

Great win. Packed house. This looks like a solid team that plays hard but looks like they are having fun. On to UConn. Lets take care of business and in a roundabout way stick it to Hurley!!!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago The punter is very bad. He can’t kick the ball more than 30 yards. Honestly there has to be a former soccer player student in the quad who can kick it further. That could eventually hurt us, if we ever have to punt.

Good god.... there has to be someone else better than that what in the hell?
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He avg 24 yards this week. Down from 29 yards last week. Open tryout starting Monday. Calling all soccer players.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago Very enjoyable game.....I sat between Carl Koussa and Dr. Carothers.....they wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise.....

LOL, you could’ve just stopped with just unless you sit between Carl Koussa and ..... (anyone else).
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In Durham, UNH suffered their second loss as they fell to Colgate, 10-8. Maine came back from a 21-0 deficit to win at Western Kentucky, 31-28
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Obadiah wrote: 5 years ago In Durham, UNH suffered their second loss as they fell to Colgate, 10-8. Maine came back from a 21-0 deficit to win at Western Kentucky, 31-28
Wow impressive comeback against western Kentuck.
WKU is always pretty solid.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRamFan69
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyRamFan69 »

The Beauvais catch was listed as a top play on ESPN today. Safe to say Rhody Football is officially back.
ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Found this tweet with some house video:

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund