Turf and lights coming to Meade Stadium

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Brian Forster
ARD

Re: Turf and lights coming to Meade Stadium

Unread post by Brian Forster »

there has been talk of an south entrance upgrade (near Ellery pond)
It could not be that much $$.
Put low brick walls,get rid of chain link fence,hang some ivory,get rid of gravel.
Lay some brick or synthetic turf or track like substance. Start at end of tailgate area and work way in.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Walls with some ornamental 8-10' fencing with similar-sized gates to create a true entrance for fans. would be a great upgrade on the pond side. Get me on the pay roll!
0 x
GO RAMS
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Let there be lights!!!
1 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I always thought stands that match the Ryan center side should be in the end zone. No need for chair backs could make it all bleacher. And that’s where your band and students seat. Cheerleaders in the end zone there. Scoreboard of course would have to moved closer and higher up.
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhodysk wrote: 4 years ago I always thought stands that match the Ryan center side should be in the end zone. No need for chair backs could make it all bleacher. And that’s where your band and students seat. Cheerleaders in the end zone there. Scoreboard of course would have to moved closer and higher up.
Agree stands should really be a high priority. The ones now are just about falling down. I swear every time I'm on those things we're a year away from somebody breaking through a weak spot. Hope they are replaced before it comes to that.
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

F9822A5F-0520-4122-815A-991D967CCA24.jpeg
This looks great! I did think more bulbs on top but what do I know! I’m happy they are going up. A very long time coming!

Not to be picky but anyone know if they are LED bulbs?
LED would definitely be brighter!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago If URI continues to build the football brand, the state will catch the fever. Its arguably the most popular sport in the country right now. FCS or not, its great to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if some PC fans attended games.
The URI facility is very nice (compared to in-state opponents like Brown or Bryant), and has only been improved with the new upgrades. But unless someone really cares about the team, the tickets are rather expensive.

Just for giggles went on the website - looked up 4 tickets to Stony Brook. Tried to select 4 tickets for East GA, but the system keeps changing it to the West Club, so not sure if sold out in those sections? I'm not sure, but anyways 4 tickets West Club is $142.

That's a big number (although good for the school if the East stands are already sold out). You can go on the BC Eagles website and get in the door there for $170 for 4 tickets to see them play Virginia Tech.
RJ,
Never heard of this inability to get tickets at a very reasonable price for URI Football.

You can get 4 tickets for just $60 plus you get 4 sodas and 4 popcorns to boot for that $60. You must purchase in advance.

https://www.gorhody.com/fanzone/promotions_-_football
2 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago If URI continues to build the football brand, the state will catch the fever. Its arguably the most popular sport in the country right now. FCS or not, its great to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if some PC fans attended games.
The URI facility is very nice (compared to in-state opponents like Brown or Bryant), and has only been improved with the new upgrades. But unless someone really cares about the team, the tickets are rather expensive.

Just for giggles went on the website - looked up 4 tickets to Stony Brook. Tried to select 4 tickets for East GA, but the system keeps changing it to the West Club, so not sure if sold out in those sections? I'm not sure, but anyways 4 tickets West Club is $142.

That's a big number (although good for the school if the East stands are already sold out). You can go on the BC Eagles website and get in the door there for $170 for 4 tickets to see them play Virginia Tech.
RJ,
Never heard of this inability to get tickets at a very reasonable price for URI Football.

You can get 4 tickets for just $60 plus you get 4 sodas and 4 popcorns to boot for that $60. You must purchase in advance.

https://www.gorhody.com/fanzone/promotions_-_football
That is much better -- And I also tried again to go back in and purchase the other ticket types and it worked. I'm not sure what the issue was the other day, I'm sure it's something I did. $60 for 4 sodas, 4 popcorns, and 4 tickets is something that should be marketed to the moon and back.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

That deal I’ve seen on Facebook, Twitter, and IG in the past day so it is being marketed well.^^
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I just bought tix to the Delaware game. I haven't been to a game since Ehrhardt was QB. But with the lights, new field, better team I'm going. Support!
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago That deal I’ve seen on Facebook, Twitter, and IG in the past day so it is being marketed well.^^
I received the 4 Tickets, 4 Drinks and 4 Popcorns Offer by email from the Athletic Department back when I posted about it.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago That deal I’ve seen on Facebook, Twitter, and IG in the past day so it is being marketed well.^^
I received the 4 Tickets, 4 Drinks and 4 Popcorns Offer by email from the Athletic Department back when I posted about it.
Received that also
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just bought tix to the Delaware game. I haven't been to a game since Ehrhardt was QB. But with the lights, new field, better team I'm going. Support!
👏🏼👏🏼👍🏼 I’ll be there too. We should all organize a tailgate of some sort
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just bought tix to the Delaware game. I haven't been to a game since Ehrhardt was QB. But with the lights, new field, better team I'm going. Support!
I'll be tailgating at the Calamari Fest!!!!!
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
I didn’t get tickets for that yet haha. The first year they did it I was in line and they ran out of calamari so I think I went over to PJs or CGH and got some.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago

I didn’t get tickets for that yet haha. The first year they did it I was in line and they ran out of calamari so I think I went over to PJs or CGH and got some.
My friends band The Ravers are playing there this year. So it will be a good time for sure.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I must say I am very impressed with how well the preseason practices have been captured on social media
1 x
Rhody Blue
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody Blue »

Social media coverage for URI football is phenomenal.
The people handling it deserve raises. Really comes off as big time production and gets me very pumped for this season !
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Totally agree the basketball program needs to poach the team that manages the football stuff when the season is over....of all FCS schools we have one of the best social media footprints. Phenomenal work
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Posters are key, too. I'm trying to wallpaper my shed with them.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The social media is great and definitely helps to reach the students, but the best marketing is WINNING. Lets go Rams
3 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Friday all is ready
46648916-8AA9-4D9F-9C33-A520E7C90A1F.jpeg
7FB7542F-81F8-48F7-8BF6-40F81B2FA19A.jpeg
3 x
PaulieMash
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PaulieMash »

Yes!!!
1 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Any word or insight on if they got the lights working on the field? Coach Fleming said in his weekly press conference that they were not working yet.
Any insight on why,how? Seems to be cutting it very close.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Hey, will the social media people that have been covering the football team be covering the basketball team this year?

Would be nice!
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Lights are working
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

They love to cut it close!!! Lol
But wow! I couldn’t believe me eyes!
This was such a long time coming but rhody got it right.
Congrats to not only the football team/program but a big thanks to a couple of donors!!!!
1 x