Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The ones who have announced are all eligible immediately. Betrand, Carey and the Mitchells might be waiting for clarification on whether or not they'd have to sit a year or not.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Makes sense for those guys to stay they will get tons of playing time since we don’t have anyone else , why transfer again to go into an unknown ??
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Makes sense for those guys to stay they will get tons of playing time since we don’t have anyone else , why transfer again to go into an unknown ??
Our program and coach are currently unknown.
0 x
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Updated with Chance decommit, Martin/Walker/Leggett & Berry transfers. Who's next?
So to kind of reset things with all the players in the portal, it looks like we have the following:

2 years of eligibility:
Jalen Carey
Makhel Mitchell
Makhi Mitchell

3 years:
Sebastian Thomas

4 years of eligibility:
Abdou Samb

That said reports from the press conference make it sound like only Jalen Carey, Tres Berry, and Sebastian Thomas are there. Not sure whether to read into that or maybe other players have class
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Updated with Chance decommit, Martin/Walker/Leggett & Berry transfers. Who's next?
So to kind of reset things with all the players in the portal, it looks like we have the following:

2 years of eligibility:
Jalen Carey
Makhel Mitchell
Makhi Mitchell

3 years:
Sebastian Thomas

4 years of eligibility:
Abdou Samb

That said reports from the press conference make it sound like only Jalen Carey, Tres Berry, and Sebastian Thomas are there. Not sure whether to read into that or maybe other players have class
Exactly - it's 10:30 am on a Monday, some of the players are likely in class.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Malik Martin and Abdou Samb came in late to the press conference
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Malik Martin and Abdou Samb came in late to the press conference
Love that Malik was there. That's a great sign.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Malik Martin and Abdou Samb came in late to the press conference
Love that Malik was there. That's a great sign.
I would say that Hassan wants him to stay and be part of something special.
2 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Some overlap here. But:

Players in the portal:
Ileri Ayo-Faleye
Tres Berry
Allen Betrand
Ishmael Leggett
Malik Martin
Antwan Walker

Players still on the roster:
Jalen Carey
Makhel Mitchell
Makhi Mitchell
Abdou Samb
Sebastian Thomas

Players at Archie's press conference:
Tres Berry
Jalen Carey
Malik Martin
Abdou Samb
Sebastian Thomas
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

FWIW, Mama Mitchell is all in:

But I want her sons to be all in.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I’m putting money on Malik returning
4 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Updated with Betrand & Ileri transfers.
Attachments
82FF2E1E-FB70-4924-8732-34AF3083F933.png
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Dino611 wrote: 2 years ago I’m putting money on Malik returning
I hope so...I think he would do well with Archie’s style and philosophy!
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Updated with Betrand & Ileri transfers.
Get Malik back in it
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Malik removal from the portal.
Attachments
11AE74E7-5457-485D-AA36-952B95F586DD.png
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Lots of spots open to get some wing scoring and another PG, but we have retained most of the players I was hoping we would so far.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Didn’t one of the Mitchell s get hurt early enough so that he’s a redshirt and is now a year behind his brother?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Didn’t one of the Mitchell s get hurt early enough so that he’s a redshirt and is now a year behind his brother?
I'm not sure about that. They were both listed as sophomores on gorhody.com, but were introduced every game as juniors (when they were starting). I'm not sure why. They never changed it, considering the free COVID year. Whereas, Ish Leggett was introduced as a freshman every game. I would think they would both be juniors this upcoming season, but I have no idea.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Mitchells entering the Portal.
Attachments
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow interesting to say the least on how the roster will look like
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Ish Leggett return.
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Brayon Freeman commit.
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Updated with Brayon Freeman commit.

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Wow, we have a long way to go.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
It's a start. Will this change Thomas's thinking?
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Will it change yours?
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

https://instagram.com/stories/tres.berr ... JmNzVkMjY=

Wondering who this commitment is to for Tres berry. No post indicating who it was. But definitely somewhere other than rhody. I know he was spotted in Charleston SC last time I checked.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Tres is gonzo. Good for him. Ileri is maybe staying?
Thomas should be fine w a backup role this year again IMO
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago https://instagram.com/stories/tres.berr ... JmNzVkMjY=

Wondering who this commitment is to for Tres berry. No post indicating who it was. But definitely somewhere other than rhody. I know he was spotted in Charleston SC last time I checked.
Charleston Southern per sources
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Will it change yours?
Like he’s entertaining now - but can we go back to pretending he doesn’t exist when the season starts? Off-season is all well and good but 50% of the board is just responding to his Terry Hassett thought process
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Off-season is all well and good but 50% of the board is just responding to his Terry Hassett thought process
That is because at this point there is very little to be excited about. I think we have an upgrade to Sheppard. I'm hopeful that Miller can recruit better talent to URI. So far it has been a net loss to the transfer portal. My expectation is that we will have a better team next year which is not setting the bar very high. Archie walked into a much worse situation than most here seem to realize. I hope everyone had a happy Easter.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago Off-season is all well and good but 50% of the board is just responding to his Terry Hassett thought process
That is because at this point there is very little to be excited about. I think we have an upgrade to Sheppard. I'm hopeful that Miller can recruit better talent to URI. So far it has been a net loss to the transfer portal. My expectation is that we will have a better team next year which is not setting the bar very high. Archie walked into a much worse situation than most here seem to realize. I hope everyone had a happy Easter.
72 you think something was (walked into) and is (net loss on transfers) worse than most others on KB. That is earth shattering news.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
72 you think something was (walked into) and is (net loss on transfers) worse than most others on KB. That is earth shattering news.
Yeah most shocking news of the whole off season. 72 with a bad take. 72 motto is "Bad take once a day keeps the doctor away lol"
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah most shocking news of the whole off season. 72 with a bad take. 72 motto is "Bad take once a day keeps the doctor away lol"
It's painfully apparent 72 knows that Rhody has a buzz it hasn't had in years, and he's trying to downplay it. I would as well if I were a PC fan. This is going to be his new thing. He'll downplay our recruits like Brey. He'll pretend that Archie isn't doing a great job as he continues to build the roster...

I enjoy going back and forth with 72 because his takes crack me up, but if you all want to move on from the troll as we start the Archie Miller era, I'll do it.

Idk if we will ever have hilarious takes like extend David Cox because I have experience hiring people, or let's hire Tammi Reiss to be the men's and women's basketball coach ever again. I'll miss that.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

All I'm saying is that the team we finished with last season would beat what we have today. We have no freshmen entering the program and Miller isn't interested in transfers with one year of eligibility. If Archie hits on most of the players he's actively recruiting, then we will be better next year and beyond. At this time we are not better.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
steviep123
Sly Williams

All I'm saying is that the team we finished with last season would beat what we have today. We have no freshmen entering the program and Miller isn't interested in transfers with one year of eligibility. If Archie hits on most of the players he's actively recruiting, then we will be better next year and beyond. At this time we are not better.
Thanks captain obvious.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago

It's painfully apparent 72 knows that Rhody has a buzz it hasn't had in years, and he's trying to downplay it. I would as well if I were a PC fan. This is going to be his new thing. He'll downplay our recruits like Brey. He'll pretend that Archie isn't doing a great job as he continues to build the roster...

I enjoy going back and forth with 72 because his takes crack me up, but if you all want to move on from the troll as we start the Archie Miller era, I'll do it.

Idk if we will ever have hilarious takes like extend David Cox because I have experience hiring people, or let's hire Tammi Reiss to be the men's and women's basketball coach ever again. I'll miss that.
It’s against KB rules to bring up some of his worst takes and not mention his foul shooting tips for Jimmy Baron. :mrgreen:
5 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Don't feed the troll.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 2 years ago Don't feed the troll.
Feeding the troll is believing his BS. None of us do... We are all well aware he's a PC fan. I'm gonna continue to mess around with him as long as he continues to have his hilarious takes. If he continues to have these boring unoriginal "nothing to be excited about" takes I'm going to be let down because I didn't think he would post amateur stuff like that.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Feeding the troll is believing his BS. None of us do... We are all well aware he's a PC fan. I'm gonna continue to mess around with him as long as he continues to have his hilarious takes. If he continues to have these boring unoriginal "nothing to be excited about" takes I'm going to be let down because I didn't think he would post amateur stuff like that.
This is my approach as well. All of my interactions with 72 are me not buying into his takes and just poking fun at him.

I truly hope he sticks around because it is amusing during these slow periods.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
This is my approach as well. All of my interactions with 72 are me not buying into his takes and just poking fun at him.

Plus, it's fun to "kinda" be talking behind someone's back ...even tho they can just read it anyway?
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Plus, it's fun to "kinda" be talking behind someone's back ...even tho they can just read it anyway?
I don't go behind his back. I have responded directly to him on several, several occasions.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Last year’s team could be ahead of the current one by 19 in the second half…
Archie is coaching the Rams now.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago Last year’s team could be ahead of the current one by 19 in the second half…
You are agreeing that the talent level of the 21-22 URI team is superior to the talent we have "at this moment". And yes, Archie is a better head coach than DC. Why couldn't URI get Timberlake rather than Bryant? We have one A10 transfer at this point. URI needs more talented players,
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago Last year’s team could be ahead of the current one by 19 in the second half…
Why couldn't URI get Timberlake rather than Bryant?
Because, as someone already pointed out, Timberlake's HS coach is an assistant at Bryant.

I mean, you knew that but you're hoping nobody else read that post. The others are right, you're losing your fastball. Going from 2003 World Series Josh Beckett to 2011 chicken and beer Josh Beckett.
6 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Why couldn't URI get Timberlake rather than Bryant?
Because, as someone already pointed out, Timberlake's HS coach is an assistant at Bryant.

I mean, you knew that but you're hoping nobody else read that post. The others are right, you're losing your fastball. Going from 2003 World Series Josh Beckett to 2011 chicken and beer Josh Beckett.
A lot of guys struggle when they go from a role player, spot-shooter type to more of a volume shooter.
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago A lot of guys struggle when they go from a role player, spot-shooter type to more of a volume shooter.
*cough cough* Fatts Russell *cough cough*
5 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Hutchinson commit.
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Someone do the next update! Let’s have a Sunday!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Is there a 3rd coming I should wait for?
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Updated with Foumena commit.
RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Last edited by CamsRams 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x