Upcoming Recruiting Cycle

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Upcoming Recruiting Cycle

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The Evaluation Period is over. Recruits can make unofficial and official visits starting Weds (Aug 1st). Here is the upcoming calendar:
Aug 1 - Sept 8 Quiet Period (only contact can occur on college campus) - unofficial & official visits
Sept 9 - Nov 11 Recruiting Period (can visit, watch games, face-to-face, in home visits) - usually official visits for Seniors & in-homes
Nov 12-15 Dead Period (calls, text & letters only)
Nov 14-21 NLOI Early Signing Period

The Second Summer Session at URI ended last week. I believe the players are on a two week break. Most have gone home. Because of this I don’t think URI will have any recruits in for unofficial visits until the players are back. All of Rhody’s top recruiting targets have had unofficial visits - Bishop, Walker, Long & Somerville. Gultekin and McLeod (unconfirmed) have also had unofficials. Coach Cox doesn’t want any official visits until school is in session (Sept 6). I would expect all four of the top recruits to make official visits over the three weekends after school starts (9/8-9, 9/15-16 & 9/22-23). Rhody had 2 recruits on the same weekend twice in Sept last year. They will avoid having Walker and Somerville at the same time. Long, Bishop & Walker know each other. Bishop also knows Somerville.
I can see them having Long visit when either Bishop or Walker are visiting to help sell the decision.

As far as when Rhody’s top recruits will announce a final list and scheduled official visits, that is hard to determine because they could use unofficial visits in August to help get to their final list of schools. Walker also took unofficials to Seton Hall and ECU. I don’t think Bishop has taken any other unofficials. He does have the offers from Philly schools and Pitt. Not covering Long here because he already gave a verbal.

I think Bishop will announce his final list in the next two weeks. Walker will probably take longer. Rhody is the top school for Somerville.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Upcoming Recruiting Cycle

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I believe practice with coaches starts Monday, Sept 24th. The official visits will be when the players are running their own practices.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”