‘20 DC SG Darius Miles

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

‘20 DC SG Darius Miles

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Darius Miles SG Updated 6’7” 185
Fr: Washington DC
School: St Charles High School
Travel: DC Premier
Rankings:
247 composite 4 star/nationally 83rd
Rivals 4 star/nationally 77th

Offers:
Georgetown
Rhode Island
Seton Hall
Xavier
Rutgers

Interest
Maryland
Last edited by Rhody83 5 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: ‘20 DC SG Darius Miles

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

When it comes to his recruitment, Miles says numerous schools are making him a major priority.

“I am talking a lot to Seton Hall, Georgetown, Xavier, Rhode Island, Pittsburgh and Ohio State a little bit,” said Miles.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

247 shows Rhody as “warm” which means active with Miles.
Sutton is going to watch him today in Kansas City. I believe Cox will be there as well.

1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I want Darius to have a good summer......not a great summer....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Is this our second offer to him? Maybe he was offered by Rhode Island University 10 months ago?
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Haha. This one says “Official Offer”. Maybe last year’s offer was unofficial:)
I believe that @BagChasingD is his Twitter account.
Another member of the recruiting media just tweeted it also (probably grabbed from BagChasingD
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Poor headless Fatts!
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

He looks much bigger than the 6'4" listed above.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Good observation. He is now listed at 6’7” 185. Growth from 10 months ago. Profile updated.
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Darius is shaping up to be the priority for Rhody. Xavier hard on him too - could be the third year in row we go head to head with them on a top recruit.
Last edited by bkoeppen 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

TOP academic institution on the east coast might be a slight stretch :roll:
6 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Is Brett Campbell related to Chase? They kind of tweet the same.
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

don't think so, they aren't following each other on twitter, but not sure.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wait I graduated from the TOP academic institution on the east coast! Somebody tell my mother!
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Considering New England is scattered with Ivy League schools, hard to argue URI is the top academic university on the east coast, but it is the second best academic university in Rhode Island!! :D for real though, URI is an awesome institution of higher learning, puff puff give mf. (ok that was still tongue in cheek) For real, for real though, one can get an excellent education at URI, it is a very good academic university, aside from Fine Arts, URI has great resources and good legacy.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Top Priority. Can do it all.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Harvard on line 1. 😀😀
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I’m going to reference Mr. Campbell in every conversation I have with someone about URI.
The man is a genius.
2 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Wait I graduated from the TOP academic institution on the east coast! Somebody tell my mother!
Congratulations! Big day for a lot of board members!

This dude cracks me up... and he retweets himself.

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like this will be a great get if we land him
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

We’re the Stanford of the east!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

4 star recruit who will garner headlines if he signs here? Sign me up.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This guy!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Miles is Rhody’s #1 target.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Hopefully we get a visit. I always like our chances once we get somebody on campus.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That trend isn't nearly as strong under Cox as it was under Hurley
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago That trend isn't nearly as strong under Cox as it was under Hurley
How is this even a fair comparison? There are dumb statements, and then there is....this.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago That trend isn't nearly as strong under Cox as it was under Hurley
How is this even a fair comparison? There are dumb statements, and then there is....this.
You mean facts? I've been tracking recruiting visits in threads here for years, available for everyone to read. You portray yourself as an insider but you're consistently wrong about basic facts and your "ability" to scout players is dubious as well. In short, you bring nothing to the table. Educate yourself or be gone
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
You mean facts? I've been tracking recruiting visits in threads here for years, available for everyone to read. You portray yourself as an insider but you're consistently wrong about basic facts and your "ability" to scout players is dubious as well. In short, you bring nothing to the table. Educate yourself or be gone
Wow. Uncalled for. DC Rams brings a lot of knowledge and good information. He had the bad news about Bishop and Anthony Harris last year before others. He is loyal to Coach Cox. That isn’t a bad thing.

Trending off of one year does seem like a small sample. There are also other factors that should be considered like the level/national ranking of a recruit that visits.
2 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Idk man.... I lurk and constantly read the forum everyday but post only once in a while when I'm really triggered by a post. Like super obsessive over the forum and uri info. But honestly I totally disagree with Rr02. Every time I see a post from DC_rams and Rhody83 it sparks my interest. They always bring great knowledge that would be greatly missed if they didnt post anymore. Yes they are humans and do get things wrong from time to time. But no one else gives the info that they do. Recruiting is a very imperfect science for coaches never mind keaney blue posters.
4 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

Wow. Uncalled for. DC Rams brings a lot of knowledge and good information. He had the bad news about Bishop and Anthony Harris last year before others. He is loyal to Coach Cox. That isn’t a bad thing.

Trending off of one year does seem like a small sample. There are also other factors that should be considered like the level/national ranking of a recruit that visits.
Sometimes it’s a manner of style and engagement. Anyone with sources knows that it’s just one perspective, especially early in the game. It does seem like some people like to say things with certainty, maybe hoping that it turns out that way for credibility? There’s always a difference between this is a lock and this is where things stand now or this is my opinion. I feel like you do that well in your observations of players, plus you get out and lay eyes on a lot of guys. I haven’t been able to do that as much lately, and I miss it. Recruiting information is like those crystal ball picks- always easier for anyone to make or share later in the process and the closer the decision is.

One thing I’d like to see the staff accomplish, either with the 20s or 21s (and this isn’t a criticism- I have to say that, lest anyone become upset) is to get in early on a guy, go through an entire recruiting period, fight off other good programs to get an official, go through visiting season, and nab a verbal. They’ve done well with guys that seem a bit under the radar. In the end, it doesn’t matter, as long as talent is being identified and a guy can play. There’s also something to be said, though, for mixing it up with some name school and being considered a force in recruiting. I’m not worried that they weren’t able to do that with Cox’s first class. They seem well positioned to do that in the next year or so.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

No one agrees all the time, but count me in DC's corner on this one (not that he cares one way or another). He is solid.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Based on everything I've been hearing and reading, Miles seems like the better choice than Wood....but again, the staff knows more than we do.

And Wilson would be a great get.

Let's hope that DC gets a couple of his top targets this time.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I don’t even claim to be an “insider”. I know some things, I hear some things, and I speculate. I am not a talent evaluator. I am a fan of the sport. That’s all, that’s it.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Based on everything I've been hearing and reading, Miles seems like the better choice than Wood....but again, the staff knows more than we do.

And Wilson would be a great get.

Let's hope that DC gets a couple of his top targets this time.
Miles is probably a SF and Wood is a PG. There isn’t a choice between them.
If there is a choice it would be Wood (6’5” PG) and Wilson (5’11” PG).
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

One isn't a small sample size. It's not even a sample. It's actually an entire population - a population of one. RR02 is completely off the reservation thinking one year cements a trend (but sensationalism like that is par for the course with them).

Also, I'm 100% on DC Ram's side.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Based on Elijah’s quotes today it looks like Cox has a trend going when a recruit visits :)
Elijah, “Rhode Island was really just that good of a fit. I really was not planning on committing this soon. I just felt at home and I thought I had to jump on it before anybody else did.”

That’s closing the deal during the visit.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Miles to schedule official visits for June. A good sign for Rhody (before July AAU sessions).
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That video above looks great hope we get him
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 5 years ago

Obviously this is a highlight video so they're only showing the best clips, but his game looks a lot like Tyrese Martin's game and I think Tyrese is going to have a blow up year in 19-20.

This kid can handle the ball and just has a knack for balling. Would love to get a commit during his visit. With the recruits and transfers we've been able to bring in the past couple years the level is rising and good recruits want to play with good players. If we sell Darius that he can learn from Tyrese similar to his we showed Wood he can learn from Jeff, we can begin to show succession in an established mid major. Good things coming.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago

Obviously this is a highlight video so they're only showing the best clips, but his game looks a lot like Tyrese Martin's game and I think Tyrese is going to have a blow up year in 19-20.

This kid can handle the ball and just has a knack for balling. Would love to get a commit during his visit. With the recruits and transfers we've been able to bring in the past couple years the level is rising and good recruits want to play with good players. If we sell Darius that he can learn from Tyrese similar to his we showed Wood he can learn from Jeff, we can begin to show succession in an established mid major. Good things coming.
Is he visiting?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago

Is he visiting?
He’s setting up June visits. We will see
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Any relation to the former NBA star?
0 x
GO RAMS
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I haven’t seen any officials announced yet, but he- like newest recruit Elijah Wood- is incredibly hard to search for.
0 x