Mickelson US Open

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Mickelson US Open

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I don't know if any of you follow golf, but what Phil Mickelson did today at the US Open was not only boneheaded, but should have gotten him DQ'd for clearly admitting he violated the spirit of the rule [hitting a ball that was still in motion].

Saying that he only wanted to get to the next hole was weak sauce to the max. You have to finish the hole you're playing first. The proper way that is.

This isn't a bunch of 36 handicappers playing for shits and giggles. He lost his mind.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Mickelson US Open

Unread post by TruePoint »

Mickelson is yuppie scum and I hate him.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

His chances to win a US Open are done, just like Tiger Woods.

Woods might win tournaments again....but he's done winning majors.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I know it seems really unlikely, but I think Tiger could win at Augusta again. Probably not the other majors, though.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Phil hit the ball while it was moving...carries a two stroke penalty...penalty assessed...nothing to see here....

Course is crazy...shouldn't be missing putts - at very slow speeds - by inches and have them roll 50 feet away. I enjoy watching these guys struggle...I like the idea of thick, punishing rough and that even par could win it...but the greens did seem a little nutty...
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

It was the pin placements, not the greens. Specifically, 14, 15 and 18 drew a lot of criticism. I think Phil was on 13 when he lost it and acted like 3rd grader in a challenge cup tournament, so he hadn’t even played the supposedly unfair pin placements yet. It may just be a 2 stroke penalty (lots of people disagree and believe a lesser star would have been DQ’d), but in almost 30 years of watching golf, I’ve never seen anything like that before.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote:I know it seems really unlikely, but I think Tiger could win at Augusta again. Probably not the other majors, though.
Agreed, though I'd add in the British Open as well
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I can't believe he did it. The rule is two stroke penalty but he broke unwritten rules about the game. think about it: if he ran up quicker and tapped it in while still moving he might have actually saved strokes net. But the rule is the rule and no DQ. I'll think he'll lose a few fans over this. I am no fan of his: overated. I played golf out in Scottsdale last fall and the clubhouse was like a shrine to Phil. I was looking for the kneelers in front of the life size pictures. Kind of ridiculous.
0 x