'19 PG Noah Fernandes (Wichita State ---> UMass ---> Rutgers)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 19 MA PG Noah Fernandes (Wichita State - Transfer to UMass)

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago This recruiting page is becoming unbearable. Need to unpin multiple threads.
I agree. The only threads that should be sticky right now should be Dubsky and Estevez. I’ve made some updates.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago This recruiting page is becoming unbearable. Need to unpin multiple threads.
I agree. The only threads that should be sticky right now should by Dubsky and Estevez. I’ve made some updates.
Thanks TP!!!!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I’ve been asking for this for a couple of years now. Maybe have a new section called “Players” and move the threads on individual recruits there after they commit.
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
I agree. You have to go down 13 spots to see who we're recruiting. Some can be unpinned while some like Harris could be locked.
I'm pretty sure you meant to say, re: the Harris thread, "remain pinned", but what it looks like you wrote is "locked"....which would be sheer lunacy. And I know you're no lunatic.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: 19 MA PG Noah Fernandes

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 5 years ago Hearing URI backed off
David Cox. Expert talent evaluator........This post from Iggy is from 4 years ago.
Jeez he was awful Noah , Kolek , Tyler Burton and I’m sure I’m missing a few others
It's almost like he didn't want local players, he only wanted ones from DMV, which makes Sabastian Thomas coming here under him really weird. Like, that's the one local player you wanted?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago

David Cox. Expert talent evaluator........This post from Iggy is from 4 years ago.
Jeez he was awful Noah , Kolek , Tyler Burton and I’m sure I’m missing a few others
It's almost like he didn't want local players, he only wanted ones from DMV, which makes Sabastian Thomas coming here under him really weird. Like, that's the one local player you wanted?
And he fell in love with Dahmir Bishop who we lost out to Xavier and he was a bust , some guys are just not talent evaluators I guess
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Hearing Ole Miss is the frontrunner here.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago Hearing Ole Miss is the frontrunner here.
Interesting.

I wonder if there’s some connection or, if it is NIL or, desire to play in a better conf and have more of a chance of dancing next March ? A combination, perhaps ?

Thanks for the intel, Smarty.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Interesting.

I wonder if there’s some connection or, if it is NIL or, desire to play in a better conf and have more of a chance of dancing next March ? A combination, perhaps ?

I mean, the majority of where transfers go are for NIL and tournament chances, in addition to playing time.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

You know Chris Beard going to hit that ground running @ Ole Miss
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Interesting.

I mean, the majority of where transfers go are for NIL and tournament chances, in addition to playing time.
Where is. Fernandez from?
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Plymouth, Mass area. Just beyond New Bedford somewhere.

Why? Do you think that would help us keep him local? As people stated, he's closer to Kingston than Amherst
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Interesting.

Yes, now, do you care to address the questions for this specific player for sake of conversation ?

I am interested in what others think here. One of the many reasons why I come here to KB.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Interesting.

Yes, now, do you care to address the questions for this specific player for sake of conversation ?

I am interested in what others think here. One of the many reasons why I come here to KB.
I would guess he wants an NIL deal, play in a bigger/better conference, chance at the tournament, a major role on the team.
2 x
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I would guess he wants an NIL deal, play in a bigger/better conference, chance at the tournament, a major role on the team.
Since Smarty is hearing Ole Miss, hopefully, he will jump back in here to let us know if he is hearing why as I am curious.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Plymouth, Mass area. Just beyond New Bedford somewhere.

Why? Do you think that would help us keep him local? As people stated, he's closer to Kingston than Amherst
Just hoping that locale will matter. Not optimistic though. Certainly seems less important than innthempast
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

He's from Mattapoisett. It's a one hour ride to Kingston.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Since Smarty is hearing Ole Miss, hopefully, he will jump back in here to let us know if he is hearing why as I am curious.
A few things I've heard... NIL is a big factor, and Ole Miss is offering a competitive NIL package. Don't know details, but it's Ole Miss, so.

Also, I figured he would stay local because he and his girlfriend just had a baby. She's a UMass student as well. But she's graduating and is willing to go with him wherever. So if you think he's anchored to this region, it sounds like that's not the case.
2 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Well, that also explains why he needs the NIL money.
2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago

A few things I've heard... NIL is a big factor, and Ole Miss is offering a competitive NIL package. Don't know details, but it's Ole Miss, so.

Also, I figured he would stay local because he and his girlfriend just had a baby. She's a UMass student as well. But she's graduating and is willing to go with him wherever. So if you think he's anchored to this region, it sounds like that's not the case.
Thanks for checking back and sharing what you’ve heard, Smarty. Good intel but doesn’t look good for us, unfortunately, unless we are prioritizing someone else.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Thanks for checking back and sharing what you’ve heard, Smarty. Good intel but doesn’t look good for us, unfortunately, unless we are prioritizing someone else.
It sure would be valuable to know exactly what this kind of player gets for NIL $. Thanks in advance if u can pry this info loose.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

If Ole Miss offers them a condo for the three of them, a couple of stipends, a monthly income, a lump sum for appearances...

I don't want to speak for URI, but I'm not certain they can compete with that, and I don't want to be the one to ask them to.

Money is one thing, but all of that, if he can get it, more power to him. Probably time for Rhody to look elsewhere. I mean, UMass is in the same boat, they must have seen this coming.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Iggy1979 wrote: 5 years ago Hearing URI backed off
Don't forget Keegan Records.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 PG Noah Fernandes (Wichita State ---> UMass ---> ???)

Awfully quiet on Noah. At least we know we're interested. There is a connection as Noah and Bilau came in together as freshmen at Wichita State. This is the latest stealth. I know, long shot, but we can hope.

1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Well it comes down to the NIL with him, correct?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Awfully quiet on Noah. At least we know we're interested. There is a connection as Noah and Bilau came in together as freshmen at Wichita State. This is the latest stealth. I know, long shot, but we can hope.

Wow he would be perfect and could stick it to Frank M and UMass
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Agree Reef let’s save Noah a seat on the stealth train to Kingston!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Is this his mental health transfer?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Awfully quiet on Noah. At least we know we're interested. There is a connection as Noah and Bilau came in together as freshmen at Wichita State. This is the latest stealth. I know, long shot, but we can hope.

Again, this is not “stealth.”

We have been mentioned with a ton of kids and brought in two of those kids.

“Stealth” was last year when we got a lot of kids nobody was recruiting.
1 x
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago “Stealth” was last year when we got a lot of kids nobody was recruiting.
And we can now see why nobody was recruiting them... maybe we shouldn't be rooting for stealth.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago “Stealth” was last year when we got a lot of kids nobody was recruiting.
And we can now see why nobody was recruiting them... maybe we shouldn't be rooting for stealth.
Yup, my point exactly when people bring up “stealth” this off-season.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I was saying in Noah's case, I was hoping for stealth. Not hearing of any visits or anything lately. So, a commitment out of nowhere to URI would be stealth. Although I seriously don't think that's what's going to happen.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I say it moreso as a joke at this point but I know you don't take well to jokes.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

I say it moreso as a joke at this point but I know you don't take well to jokes.
Oh you're not the only one, and this wasn't intended towards you.

Multiple others all bring it up as a serious talking point and something we should want to happen.
0 x
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Looks like my info of Ole Miss being the favorite was wrong or has changed.

0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Perhaps using their NIL budget to help a talented PG who has a family, with baby makes 3, is a more wholesome sort of thing for a Catholic College to project than a rogue player reporting to his sugar momma with a gun in hand, finding her in bed with her new lover, and getting arrested.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

nchof wrote: 1 year ago
Damn....well at least it's not PC.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I am a big fan of Noah. The only question is if he can avoid injuries. The A-10 has lost a lot of talent to the portal although a significant amount has also transferred into the league.
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago I am a big fan of Noah. The only question is if he can avoid injuries. The A-10 has lost a lot of talent to the portal although a significant amount has also transferred into the league.
The A10 has been on the wrong side of the portal, bigger losses than gains.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: '19 PG Noah Fernandes (Wichita State ---> UMass ---> Rutgers)

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Seems like an odd choice, since I doubt Rutgers is giving out big bags of money for men's basketball, and the team has had seven years of being kind-of-OK with Pikiell now.
0 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 1 year ago I am a big fan of Noah. The only question is if he can avoid injuries. The A-10 has lost a lot of talent to the portal although a significant amount has also transferred into the league.
The A10 has been on the wrong side of the portal, bigger losses than gains.
I agree, Jersey.

Not a good sign considering we were a one bid league last season. Hopefully, signings take an upturn to make up for the losses but, still need to be better than just treading water to improve as a conference.

That said, I am getting closer and closer to not having much faith in the conference but I am not there yet. However, I will be there with another year or two of this (portal results) and what we saw last season on the court against out of conference competition.

We just need to concentrate on our own program and improving beyond other A10 members as a team and program. All else is out of Rhody’s control as to how the conference fares. Basically, Rhody needs to transcend the conference if the conference doesn’t turn things around.
0 x