‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: ‘19 MD F Anthony Walker (Miami Commit)

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago

Isn’t that what message boards are for?

He hardly played. He was promised a starting spot.

Based on how kids seem to be responding to lack of PT, I think he may transfer.

Keywords - I THINK
He was promised a starting spot??? What is your source for that - Walker, his Coach, media that cover U Miami BB? You are just making this up. I would bet he wasn’t promised a starting spot. College coaches don’t do that.

He averaged 13 minutes/game as a Freshman.

Your speculative transfer list would include every Fr that didn’t have good stats or a lot of playing time.
He played zero minutes today.

Miami promised him he’d start. That’s from his HS coach. I saw the kid play a lot in high school, lived 10-15 minutes away so I somewhat know his coaches and family.
What High School?
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I would not be surprised to see Walker transfer at some point. Miami not only has players returning, but have a strong recruiting class and a big from Cincy transferring in. They should look at re-recruiting Walker in today’s new way of doing things with players. This is all speculation, but if he receives another year of limited time he might start to weigh his possibilities. I would love to bring back the cover of Walker leading URI to the tourney that we put out on his visit.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Why would walker want to come here with the Twins & JH in the way at 2 of the 3 potential front court positions (4/5).
Looking at it from a player who didn't get a lot of minutes and is theoretically looking for more playing time?

We need a big for next season who is eligible, Not for 2 years from now when we have 3 solid candidates for
2 spots.

From our point of view this would be a good situation, from a players not so much.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago Why would walker want to come here with the Twins & JH in the way at 2 of the 3 potential front court positions (4/5).
Looking at it from a player who didn't get a lot of minutes and is theoretically looking for more playing time?

We need a big for next season who is eligible, Not for 2 years from now when we have 3 solid candidates for
2 spots.

From our point of view this would be a good situation, from a players not so much.
I doubt that he does come to URI, but I think we need to pull back a little bit with the Twins and Harris talk. I’m rooting for Harris more than anyone and expect at least one of the twins to be a pretty good player, but this isn’t the Kentucky or Duke front court we are talking about. I watched Walker in one of his best games for Miami last year and think he is very talented. I just saw all the talent coming into Miami and Walker must realize he has been recruited over.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I didn't realize he had already logged four years in college, wow. Time flies. He seems kind of "meh" from our standpoint, just because he only has one year of eligibility left. Obviously, it was the previous coaching staff that was on him. I don't know if he was hurt this year, or just recruited over - His MPG peaked at 26.4 as a sophomore, then fell to 14.0 and 10.2 the next two years. His per-40 RPG and PPG are good, but his DRTG and 3-point shooting is pretty bad. (Not like he was hucking a ton of them up, but still.)
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Walker is so bad. Like awfully bad. Incredibly athletic (and tall!) but not a basketball player. It's like all the ingredients for an apple pie are there and they have been placed in the right places and even cooked the amount of time it takes to cook a pie but for some reason it looks like the pie hasn't been cooked 10 seconds.
3 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
reckless jake
ARD

Re: ‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> ??? )

Unread post by reckless jake »

Committed to Indiana.
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

reckless jake wrote: 1 year ago Committed to Indiana.
Lmao talk about their 5th option for a transfer forward
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 1 year ago Walker is so bad. Like awfully bad. Incredibly athletic (and tall!) but not a basketball player. It's like all the ingredients for an apple pie are there and they have been placed in the right places and even cooked the amount of time it takes to cook a pie but for some reason it looks like the pie hasn't been cooked 10 seconds.
Pie tartare?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jeez is he going to ride the pine their too ??
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Jeez is he going to ride the pine their too ??
Most likely, let’s just say their fans are confused on Twitter
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I just looked up Indiana’s 23-24. Not including Walker, the roster has only 3 forwards and at least one doesn’t look like he will get much playing time based on the past.

Walker must be expecting significant playing time based on the current roster. But, even with playing time, I don’t expect him to do much at Indiana. I am surprised Indiana couldn’t secure a better option.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 19 F Anthony Walker Maryland

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody83 wrote: 6 years ago
DC_Rams wrote:Just read the words as they are written and not so deep into them. I’m just happy to see he is on the job and making STRONG offers, to higher profile recruits.
Your comment on this recruits’ thread is unusual. Walker is not rated by most services. He is rated a 1 ⭐️ with ESPN.
Bishop is #115 on Rivals.
Most of the ‘19s previous recruits that were offered under Hurley are Top 100 & Top 150 rated. Akok, Bouknight, Tre Mitchell
Can you imagine if UConn hired a competent coach instead of Ollie and Dan hadn’t left for UConn when he did? Jesus.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago
DC_Rams wrote:Just read the words as they are written and not so deep into them. I’m just happy to see he is on the job and making STRONG offers, to higher profile recruits.
Your comment on this recruits’ thread is unusual. Walker is not rated by most services. He is rated a 1 ⭐️ with ESPN.
Most of the ‘19s previous recruits that were offered under Hurley are Top 100 & Top 150 rated. Akok, Bouknight, Tre Mitchell
Can you imagine if UConn hired a competent coach instead of Ollie and Dan hadn’t left for UConn when he did? Jesus.
He'd have gone to Rutgers, St John's or Seton Hall instead of UConn?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote: 1 year ago
I have. All the fucking time
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines