‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Bos8
Tom Garrick

‘19 F Anthony Walker (Miami ---> Indiana)

Unread post by Bos8 »

We offered 2019 Anthony Walker 6'9 F out of Perry Hall HS and from Team BBC. Also offered 2020 PG Ace Baldwin.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: 19 F Anthony Walker Maryland

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Cox is killing it on the trail right now.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I like the offers but “killing it” is a bit premature don’t you think?
5 x
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Just read the words as they are written and not so deep into them. I’m just happy to see he is on the job and making STRONG offers, to higher profile recruits.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

DC_Rams wrote:Just read the words as they are written and not so deep into them. I’m just happy to see he is on the job and making STRONG offers, to higher profile recruits.
Well I would hope so. Let's see who commits next fall. I'm hoping he scores big.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:Just read the words as they are written and not so deep into them. I’m just happy to see he is on the job and making STRONG offers, to higher profile recruits.
Your comment on this recruits’ thread is unusual. Walker is not rated by most services. He is rated a 1 ⭐️ with ESPN.
Bishop is #115 on Rivals.
Most of the ‘19s previous recruits that were offered under Hurley are Top 100 & Top 150 rated. Akok, Bouknight, Tre Mitchell
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:
Your comment on this recruits’ thread is unusual. Walker is not rated by most services. He is rated a 1 ⭐️ with ESPN.
Most of the ‘19s previous recruits that were offered under Hurley are Top 100 & Top 150 rated. Akok, Bouknight, Tre Mitchell
Who do you think recruited them?

However, you are correct that this isn’t the thread I intended to post in. I thought this was Ace Baldwin’s thread.
0 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

Rhody83 wrote:
He has offers from VCU. Bonnie’s and Buffalo so far so not bad. His video shows he could be a pretty good rebounder and inforcer at 6-9, also shows some soft hands. Maybe a little taller version of Cl which wouldn’t be bad.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: ‘19 MD F Anthony Walker (Offer)

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I thought he looked like Cyril on that dunk.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

wgracie99 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
He has offers from VCU. Bonnie’s and Buffalo so far so not bad. His video shows he could be a pretty good rebounder and inforcer at 6-9, also shows some soft hands. Maybe a little taller version of Cl which wouldn’t be bad.
Yeah would be great.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He rocks a flat top, bring him in.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He seems very excited about the URI offer. More so than other offers. He is liking every tweet, responding to all the tweets and retweeting any post of him getting the Rhody offer.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

I think too many people get overly excited about ratings that someone gives. First of all there are so many talented kids these days with the explosion of AAU and preps leagues. Secondly, do you really believe these scouting services or supposed gurus see all of these kids more than a few times? And if they do, how possible is it to make a serious rankings that turns out incredibly correct? It excites fan bases but there isn't a lot of value beyond that. Look at the NFL and NBA drafts with experts who do this for a living and how many times they are wrong trying to evaluate a much smaller pool at a more mature level. I trust Coach Cox and his staff. Cox in particular has years of experience evaluating talent. Hurley was obviously very good at it too, not to mention knowing the type of kid, character, work ethic and fit for the program they want to lead.

Not to mention you can offer anyone, doesn't mean you are seriously involved with them. We are still URI, not KY, UNC, Duke Syr or schools like that and it would be unrealistic to think we will or can be consistently involved with 4 and 5 stars. That doesn't mean we cannot occasionally get in on these guys or that if we get guys that fly a little under the radar and with good evaluation of talent and coaching that we cannot be a very good team perennially and compete with teams that consistently get the 4 and 5 star guys.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

giovanni wrote:I think too many people get overly excited about ratings that someone gives. First of all there are so many talented kids these days with the explosion of AAU and preps leagues. Secondly, do you really believe these scouting services or supposed gurus see all of these kids more than a few times? And if they do, how possible is it to make a serious rankings that turns out incredibly correct? It excites fan bases but there isn't a lot of value beyond that. Look at the NFL and NBA drafts with experts who do this for a living and how many times they are wrong trying to evaluate a much smaller pool at a more mature level. I trust Coach Cox and his staff. Cox in particular has years of experience evaluating talent. Hurley was obviously very good at it too, not to mention knowing the type of kid, character, work ethic and fit for the program they want to lead.

Not to mention you can offer anyone, doesn't mean you are seriously involved with them. We are still URI, not KY, UNC, Duke Syr or schools like that and it would be unrealistic to think we will or can be consistently involved with 4 and 5 stars. That doesn't mean we cannot occasionally get in on these guys or that if we get guys that fly a little under the radar and with good evaluation of talent and coaching that we cannot be a very good team perennially and compete with teams that consistently get the 4 and 5 star guys.
I agree. In most years we will know how good the recruits are after seeing them play some college games.
It was obvious that EC, Hass & Terrell where impact players shortly into their freshmen years. It was also clear that Jeff and Fatts had the talent to be successful once they got quality playing time.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

It may have been a while ago and a different era, but you cannot underestimate Al Skinner bringing in ARD, Tyson, Preston, Cat and that team that Harrick took so far. None of those guys were 4 or 5 stars. Skinner continued that at BC getting guys like Troy Bell, Jared Dudley and so on that were not necessarily recruited by the traditional powerhouse programs.
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

giovanni wrote:I think too many people get overly excited about ratings that someone gives. First of all there are so many talented kids these days with the explosion of AAU and preps leagues. Secondly, do you really believe these scouting services or supposed gurus see all of these kids more than a few times? And if they do, how possible is it to make a serious rankings that turns out incredibly correct? It excites fan bases but there isn't a lot of value beyond that. Look at the NFL and NBA drafts with experts who do this for a living and how many times they are wrong trying to evaluate a much smaller pool at a more mature level. I trust Coach Cox and his staff. Cox in particular has years of experience evaluating talent. Hurley was obviously very good at it too, not to mention knowing the type of kid, character, work ethic and fit for the program they want to lead.

to your point...Jaylen Adams was a 2* recruit
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This talk is a load of horse crap. We had a top 30 class this year until BA left. If 1 or 2 star players are getting recruited, we have some serious issues.

Especially considering we have 3* guys that have been riding pine for a couple years.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Michael Tertsea was a 3* player. He can't play a lick.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Al Skinner was an excellent talent evaluator. Made a living out of guys under the radar - a few of which went on to NBA careers.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

theblueram wrote:This talk is a load of horse crap. We had a top 30 class this year until BA left. If 1 or 2 star players are getting recruited, we have some serious issues.

Especially considering we have 3* guys that have been riding pine for a couple years.
Our class is still top 30.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

DC_Rams wrote:
theblueram wrote:This talk is a load of horse crap. We had a top 30 class this year until BA left. If 1 or 2 star players are getting recruited, we have some serious issues.

Our class is still top 30.
I was upset when Brendan followed Dan to UConn, but now I think Omar is better for our needs.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Of the players URI has offered the mix between 4 star, 3 star and not rated players is very similar to last year. They have offered at least four 4 star players. Walker isn’t rated. Many believe the ratings are off any way. Look at the attention Mulchay is getting from the top schools with in home visits and he is rated a 3 star.

URI has 2 Seniors next year. Coming off a recruiting class of 4 highly rated Fr, you should expect lower interest. Most likely all of their top 8 players from 18-19 will be returning for 19-20.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

When it comes to rankings, I know Dan and staff put together their own rankings of players, and only recruited who they viewed to be top 150.

I assume Dave follows some type of similar system.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Must be playing well, as multiple schools like Umass and TCU have offered after this past live series weekend.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

* Over the weekend, Team BBC forward Anthony Walker picked up offers from TCU, UMass and Towson. Add them to Rhode Island last weekend and others who offered the 6-foot-8 four man in the latter part of the winter and it's been a successful run for him of late. Walker is an energy guy in the lane with good hands and a nose for the ball. Look out once he adds some more strength.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... -takeaways
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

BEST DEFENDER

It is a bit perplexing seeing the limited amount of high-major offers rattle in for Anthony Walker. Attending Perry Hall High School and playing alongside a Cincinnati commit and a one-time Ole Miss pledge, each of whom broke out late in their respective recruiting processes, one would assume that the coaching masses would learn the first time to not play the waiting game with the next man up out of Baltimore. Instead, here we are again and Walker is on the cusp of his national emergence later in the process compared with most others. While he does hold 10 scholarship offers from TCU, Rhode Island and VCU, among others, more will come thanks to Walker’s tremendous defensive qualities. A hard-playing forward that has the chance to guard four positions in college, the Team BBC junior is versatile and multi-positional.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ans-awards
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/05/19-an ... -thus-far/

"Rhode Island: “They’ve been on me a lot too. I really appreciate the job they’re doing checking up on me, my mother and my father. That means a lot to me.”
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Junior year highlights:

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Looks who’s stock is starting to rise...been trying to tell people, Cox knows wtf he is doing.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Two Rhody recruits on the list.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:Two Rhody recruits on the list.
Three. We have offered Baldwin too.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I wasn’t thinking of Baldwin because he isn’t a ‘19 and is a long shot.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Article states that Walker’s first visit is Rhody next Saturday, June 16th. There is a thought that Bishop is also visiting next weekend. Would be great to have these two there together. Fatts, Jeff, Jermaine & Tyrese have the connections with the two Baltimore & Philly prospects.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Some great schools on these lists !!!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice seeing that URI logo right in the center
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Throw the ratings out the window. Villanova now involved.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Throw the ratings out the window. Villanova now involved.
Nova isn’t making an early decision on Walker. He will be competing for one PF scholly with 4-5 top 50 recruits.
He is visiting Kingston this weekend. If Cox can keep him on an early November decision their chances are still good.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice that he is visiting this weekend, hopefully the players show him how good of a program we have here
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Tweet by Bird on Twitter

Bird (@TheBirdmanJrJr)
6/15/18, 2:33 AM
Sayin it now, if the most underrated guard ⁦‪@dahh215‬⁩ & forward ⁦‪@AntgotClout‬⁩ in 19’ end up at ⁦‪@RhodyMBB‬⁩ it’s game over. Title time. #Savages
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Will be here tomorrow. Show the kid some love!
https://twitter.com/AntgotClout
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Someone replied that the Bird speaketh the truth.......and Ant Walker liked that reply
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramulous wrote:Someone replied that the Bird speaketh the truth.......and Ant Walker liked that reply
He has liked all replies regarding Rhody and retweets some of them.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

This must be the new thing...don’t like it.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The "Not Committed" part is not good, at least in my opinion.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I'm not worried about it not committed means he will take a few other visits and decide at a later date. Cant always expect recruits to commit immediately. Especially ones with options. I am still confident. He went out of his way to like a tweet I sent about him visiting this weekend.
1 x