'18 Grad Transfer G Cheddi Mosley (La Salle transfer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

'18 Grad Transfer G Cheddi Mosley (La Salle transfer)

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Cheddi Mosley - G
School: Boston University

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 195

Offers
Rhode Island
Wake Forest

Interest
Troy
St. Bonaventure

1 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Re: '18 Grad Transfer G Cheddi Mosley

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Men’s Basketball: What will the program that lands Cheddi Mosely be getting?

"The best attribute to Mosely’s game is that he knows how to put the ball in the hoop. It’s the most basic part of the sport but the 6’3 Mosely can get buckets with the best of them. As a freshman in 2014-2015, Mosely averaged 8.6 points per game in 24 minutes and shot an impressive 39.8% from three en route to All-Patriot League Rookie honors...The major reason why schools like Ohio State, NC State, and Wake Forest are after Mosely is simple. Who wouldn’t love to have a proven, veteran scorer come off the bench and provide solid minutes? If he winds up at a Power Five school, Mosely will be a relaiable option off the bench on both ends of the court."

https://sportswtbu.com/2018/04/05/mens- ... e-getting/
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Wasn't the Canadian murderer from BU?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Wasn't the Canadian murderer from BU?
Northeastern I thought?

Not that we should be clogging up this guy's recruiting thread with that...
2 x
OrangeRam
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OrangeRam »

Is this an April fools joke? This guy wasn't even a starter on a so so team. What am I missing?
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

OrangeRam wrote:Is this an April fools joke? This guy wasn't even a starter on a so so team. What am I missing?
If he can give us 15-20 minutes per night and shoot 3s between 35-40%, he's worth a scholarship for one year.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

OrangeRam wrote:Is this an April fools joke? This guy wasn't even a starter on a so so team. What am I missing?
Not sure what you mean. He hasn't really played since 2015-16, when he was second on the team in minutes and second on the team in PPG as a sophomore. I'm not sure if he started every game or not, but also not sure if it matters if he was playing 30+ minutes per game.

I don't really get what the issue is - I would think if he came here he might challenge for the fifth starting spot to begin the year and regardless would be firmly in the backcourt rotation getting ~20 minutes per night and ~8 ppg, which would actually be a pretty big help considering how many minutes and points we are losing in the backcourt off of this year's team. Not sure if you are expecting an EC or a Jared to come over and be immediately eligible, but I think that is pretty unlikely.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

shooter and can score in bunches. perfect instant scoring off the bench.

and most importantly, gets us back in the best names running. We've been slacking since Mbang, Parfait and Orion Outerbridge
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I really do not get the sentiment of people dismissing a players ability to contribute to a team or fill a role because of the conference he came from. Posters seem to automatically assume someone can not contribute or or be good enough when they come from a lower conference. Or automatically assume because he comes from a Power 5 he is automatically good. Just such short sighted vision without seeing the bigger picture and potential. Did you think Dowtin was not good enough for the A-10 because he was under recruited?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If he comes here, can we call him "Cheese", or the "The Cheese", or "The Big Cheese", or "CheeseMo"?

ETA: "Cheddi Cheddi Bang Bang for three!"
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

sevegny7 wrote:I really do not get the sentiment of people dismissing a players ability to contribute to a team or fill a role because of the conference he came from. Posters seem to automatically assume someone can not contribute or or be good enough when they come from a lower conference. Or automatically assume because he comes from a Power 5 he is automatically good. Just such short sighted vision without seeing the bigger picture and potential. Did you think Dowtin was not good enough for the A-10 because he was under recruited?
Agree I wonder if Nova ppl were saying that when someone from Fordham was going to transfer there or how about TJ McConnell transferring from Duquesne of all places to arizona. PC has a George Mason transfer providing value. Look deeper than what school someone came from.
4 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

According to Stone Freeman, Mosley visited on Thursday.

2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Some kind of suspension two years ago; injured knee last year.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Someone post his you tube highlights this kid can score the ball !!
0 x
OrangeRam
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OrangeRam »

Some one has already posted highlights of this kid.

Go to our NCAAS or BUST! page, Re Transfer Carousel - 2018 Page 2. You will find it there.

This kid will play, and get his shots, no doubt with the best 1 2 point guard tandem URI has ever had. And probably will ever have. And he will play, Nice range, but he will need to shoot well into the 40 percent range. Not under. We need some serious scoring, as we needed some type of inside presence last year to help with the loss of Hassan.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

OrangeRam wrote:Some one has already posted highlights of this kid.

Go to our NCAAS or BUST! page, Re Transfer Carousel - 2018 Page 2. You will find it there.

This kid will play, and get his shots, no doubt with the best 1 2 point guard tandem URI has ever had. And probably will ever have. And he will play, Nice range, but he will need to shoot well into the 40 percent range. Not under. We need some serious scoring, as we needed some type of inside presence last year to help with the loss of Hassan.
Yeah with him there would be a lot of potential for us to be a very good shooting team.
Martin is a shooter. This guy can shoot.
Dowtin has been efficient.
Fatts is really hot or cold.
CT could become the shooter he was expected to be.

Oh shoot
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He could play the 3. With Jeff and Fatts penetrating the dish out for the three pointer will be open.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

A tweet tonight from Ellie Lieberman of Mid-Major Madness states that Mosely has "narrowed his search" to Rhode Island, Wake Forest, St..Bonaventure and Delaware, but he's still "fielding calls" from others
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

reckless jake wrote:A tweet tonight from Ellie Lieberman of Mid-Major Madness states that Mosely has "narrowed his search" to Rhode Island, Wake Forest, St..Bonaventure and Delaware, but he's still "fielding calls" from others
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Shaolin Swat wrote:
reckless jake wrote:A tweet tonight from Ellie Lieberman of Mid-Major Madness states that Mosely has "narrowed his search" to Rhode Island, Wake Forest, St..Bonaventure and Delaware, but he's still "fielding calls" from others
Thanks! I lurk and post from my cell phone, appreciate you posting the actual tweet..
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let's win this war and get Cheddi !!
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Just read a tweet saying we are NOT recruiting this kid.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

DC_Rams wrote:Just read a tweet saying we are NOT recruiting this kid.
Can you post the Tweet? There are several saying we offered and he's choosing between us and a couple of others.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reckless jake
ARD

DC_Rams wrote:Just read a tweet saying we are NOT recruiting this kid.
Cheddi re-tweeted and liked the Ellie Lieberman tweet about his recruiting himself.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Cue the X-files intro music
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Cheddi Cheddi Bang Bang B-bye
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

DC_Rams wrote:
Ask and I shall receive...thanks DC_Rams.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:
Is Scott Brand the authority here? Others first tweeted that he was being recruited by URI. It was also reported that he visited URI last Thursday (day before Cox Presser). Moseley liked two tweets today referencing Rhody in his thread.
2 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Cheddi also retweeted a couple tweets that stated he was being recruited by URI and one was a retweet stating he narrowed the search which included URI. A recruit wouldn't retweet something that isn't factual.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Think we should wait for news from Cheddi himself before we panic. I think we must be still involved until I hear other wise from more credible sources.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Can't wait...must panic immediately

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Is Brand saying that "Cox" is not involved the same as saying "URI" is not involved? Maybe another coach is the lead on him? I have no idea, just wondering.
2 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

No blue checkmark and it's not Bill Koch... so why are we taking that tweet seriously? May as well be "fake news".

Just look at Cheddi's twitter, he has re-tweeted a bunch of URI tweets.

Blue checkmark or gtfooooooooo
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

STC wrote:No blue checkmark and it's not Bill Koch... so why are we taking that tweet seriously? May as well be "fake news".

Just look at Cheddi's twitter, he has re-tweeted a bunch of URI tweets.

Blue checkmark or gtfooooooooo
Scott Brand is just a URI fan and former team manager in the 80s. He's also a member of KB. I think he's confused.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

That's all fair, I just wish as a board we would be more focused on posting tweets from reputable sources.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Twibbler analysis...smh....where is that ftp emoji?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Keep the hope alive for Cheddi donning Keaney blue !!!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote:According to Stone Freeman, Mosley visited on Thursday.

What am I missing? It says nothing about Mosley in the text of the tweet and in the video Freeman says we offered Mosley, nothing about visiting and this post is the only thing that mentions Mosley visiting here.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
URIRecruitingInfo wrote:According to Stone Freeman, Mosley visited on Thursday.

What am I missing? It says nothing about Mosley in the text of the tweet and in the video Freeman says we offered Mosley, nothing about visiting and this post is the only thing that mentions Mosley visiting here.
I’m with you.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Yes I never heard that he visited the campus. And that tweet only stated offered. But specifically here cheddi retweets the tweet that mentions he has narrowed his search which includes uri. It's the first tweet in his page.

If this wasnt true why is this the first post on his Twitter feed.
0 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I like what I am seeing from Cox so far. He has assessed the immediate need.

He needs someone who can come off the bench and play significant minutes and hit jump shots in traffic and under pressure. 2 point jump shots and 3 pointers. This and the Omar thread point to that.

Do we have 2 scholarships available? I think we actually do, no?

Cheddi sounds like just the thing, but it's a risk, because he basically didn't play the last two seasons. If he can come in here and stay healthy an entire season and be productive, it will be a great gamble. If he reverts to the production he gave BU the last two seasons then it won't be. I think that is the only hesitation here.

The nice thing with him being a Red Shirt Sr transfer, is it basically doesn't cost a schollie for '19. It only happens if it is mutually beneficial to both parties.

Sorry, grad transfer
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote:Yes I never heard that he visited the campus. And that tweet only stated offered. But specifically here cheddi retweets the tweet that mentions he has narrowed his search which includes uri. It's the first tweet in his page.

If this wasnt true why is this the first post on his Twitter feed.
I agree. I like Scott, he is a poster here and runs a cool Rhody Facebook page that people should follow, but I haven’t seen anything to indicate he is sourced in such a way to correct actual reporting. Likely there is just some confusion there. I’m going to keep assuming we are in pursuit of Cheddi until someone with some sort of track record on info reports otherwise.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I get the apprehension, but of all things for Scott to just randomly make up, why would this be the recruit he did it for. He’s around program insiders all the time, I’ve seen him talk to players and coaches repeatedly after games. He just may have stumbled across this information and shared. I believe him, besides it’s not uncommon for kids to list schools that haven’t even offered to bolster his recruitment. I think this is one of those cases. But I wouldn’t be as naive to think because he retweeted something it means that it’s 100% in its entirety true. My .02.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:I get the apprehension, but of all things for Scott to just randomly make up, why would this be the recruit he did it for. He’s around program insiders all the time, I’ve seen him talk to players and coaches repeatedly after games. He just may have stumbled across this information and shared. I believe him, besides it’s not uncommon for kids to list schools that haven’t even offered to bolster his recruitment. I think this is one of those cases. But I wouldn’t be as naive to think because he retweeted something it means that it’s 100% in its entirety true. My .02.
I messaged with Scott about this on Twitter. It seems he is unsure if Rhody is still involved.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He was definitely offered last Thursday.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

When you try to temper your interest in a player it's because you're after someone you want more and you're worried about what they're hearing.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Apparently Cheddi’s final list didn’t workout. We will see him in the A10

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

LaSalle made a great hire getting that Nova assistant