A Typical Example of GoLocal Journalism

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
Puck Frovidence
ARD

A Typical Example of GoLocal Journalism

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Mods feel free to move this to the sludge thread if you feel it fits better there. I've taken a screenshot so we don't needlessly increase their click count. This is a panel from one of the "hard-hitting features" on the site. Kate Nagle is a news editor at GoLocal. Which means that Kate Nagle wrote an article about how tough, expert and relevant Kate Nagle is.

Full size picture here

You'll note the unintended irony related to the "biggest stories". Since the blurb is so short here there are fewer typos and grammatical errors than are usually found in longer pieces, but they manage to sneak a few in anyways, including the fact that "Kate get the stories that matter to Rhode Islanders - and the world". I believe in the writing world that's known a "transient hyphen", since it is does not really belong in the sentence and will be leaving once they get around to hiring a proper editor.

Not sure what an "Eblast" is either. At first I thought it might be an "e-blast", and that the hyphen had mistakenly gotten dropped into that last sentence. However, since "e-blasts" aren't really a thing I'm still unsure.
0 x