Fun Rothstein Feature on Deadspin

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Fun Rothstein Feature on Deadspin

Unread post by TruePoint »

To kill time until...whenever....I enjoyed this one as a twitter follower of Jon's.

https://deadspin.com/this-is-this-is-ma ... 1824221917
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SnooterMagoo
Abdul Fox

Re: Fun Rothstein Feature on Deadspin

Unread post by SnooterMagoo »

"The epitome of brutality."
1 x
"Who's pitching? Buddy Groom?" - Lt. Cedric Daniels
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Didn't realize how ridiculous he was.

Can't wait to watch that Fortune 500 company tonight.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Thanks for posting the story, TP...interesting.

Nothing harmful about his kind of enthusiasm...you have to love his (usually over-the-top) love for Rhody, too. Nothing malicious, just fun and sometimes funny...sorta like sports is supposed to be.

"Rothstein seems to delight in these catchphrases, although to be fair he seems to delight in everything having to do with his job and his sport and the month of March."

"Part of what makes Jon Rothstein so compelling as an online meme and character relates back to what makes him successful in real life as a reporter—his earnest passion for the game and the people involved, his avid appreciation for the emotional overage that is the best and most fundamental reason to watch college basketball. "
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

His love for Rhody will likely wane with Hurley now gone. You can probably expect to get a lot less media coverage from all sources going forward.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:His love for Rhody will likely wane with Hurley now gone. You can probably expect to get a lot less media coverage from all sources going forward.
I would think they'd get plenty of coverage if they're "good", or someone like 'he who can't be reasonably talked about' is named HC...
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
RF1 wrote:His love for Rhody will likely wane with Hurley now gone. You can probably expect to get a lot less media coverage from all sources going forward.
I would think they'd get plenty of coverage if they're "good", or someone like 'he who can't be reasonably talked about' is named HC...
National media coverage will definitely go down. Hurley is a tireless self promoter - which benefited us the last six years with his relationship with Rothstein, Zags, etc - and brought us back to where we belong. Now we need the next coach to bring us where we want to go.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodylaw wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
National media coverage will definitely go down. Hurley is a tireless self promoter - which benefited us the last six years with his relationship with Rothstein, Zags, etc - and brought us back to where we belong. Now we need the next coach to bring us where we want to go.
Be an exciting, winning team, like last year...and I think the media coverage will be there...
2 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

He loves URI and Providence, but I think it might be an excuse to hit Rhode Island restaurants.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Bigsnoop wrote:He loves URI and Providence, but I think it might be an excuse to hit Rhode Island restaurants.
Now I like him even more....
0 x