West Coast Conference Scheduling Changes

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Interesting take. Looks like the double round robin is gone and going down to a 16 game schedule, 8 home, 8 away. 7 teams twice. From the article:

"Under the approved plan and beginning with the 2018-19 season, the West Coast Conference men’s basketball season will consist of 16 regular season games (eight home, eight away). Every institution will play seven WCC institutions twice, while playing one member at home and another away – based on approved criteria. Additionally, starting with the 2019-20 season, WCC men’s basketball programs will be required to compete in a multi-team event (MTE) each season, annually play more home games than away games, and schedule and play no more than two non-Division I opponents per season. In addition, the Conference must approve all “guarantee” games in which a WCC member is paid by an opponent to play at the opponent’s venue."

Also, changes to the tournament format so that the top 2 seeds get a bye right to the semifinals.

I'm not sure how I feel about the schedule.... I do like the double round robin, but I love that the league is trying to ensure their teams are getting the best rpi games they can.

I hope the A10 works on this as well. I'm not sure how to ensure that the projected top of the league plays each other more often for the RPI, but then if there's a team about to breakthrough that might screw them. I think the A10 needs to get back to requiring it's teams to play a tougher OOC schedule, and help them achieve it.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”