Dyondre Dominguez

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Dyondre Dominguez

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Placeholder
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Dyondre Dominguez

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Another RI kid looks like a very intriguing prospect. Will be big time get. Saw him at Tolman HS a couple years ago before he headed to prep school . He was dominant at that level obviously, The fact he is at such a high level program like New Hampton says alot. Hoping coach Cox can make some inroads with local kids, especially since RI is now turning out a lot more high level type kids.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

From Providence
Plays for Expressions Elite AAU and attends New Hampton
Last game with Expressions vs Team Takeover Dyondre had played 23 minutes and was second on the team with 17 points plus he had 4 rebounds
8014938C-8324-4CBF-82E4-08B248BE1F3F.png
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Plus good shooting percentages
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago Plus good shooting percentages
Ramulous,
Agree. Shooting percentages for the 6’8” Dominguez in Nike EYBL AAU in Atlanta, Indianapolis and Dallas:

28-34 FTs for 82.4%
20-52 for 3FGs for 38.5%

He is really playing well. Will be interesting to see how his offers go in July after Peach Jam.......

Latest offer was April 29 from UMASS
Other offers last year from URI, Bryant, Evansville, Grand Canyon, George Washington, George Mason, ODU,

Comparing to his highly recruited, 2021 teammate Terrence Clarke who in EYBL is so far:
34-54 FTs for 64.8%
22-65 on 3FGs for 33.8%

My guess is Dyondre’s stock rises significantly in July, especially if Expressions Elite goes far in the Tournament which is a good possibility this year.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dominguez is the 3rd best player on the team behind Clarke and Cisse. He has benefited from Cisse’s explosion and the attention he has drawn.

Expressions made Peach Jam by a tie breaker so to say it is a good possibility they go far this year seems like a stretch.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

82% FT and 39% 3FG shooting from a 6’8” kid playing the EYBL Caliber Ball is impressive. I take a performance like this from a Providence kid in a NY Minute

Expressions finished in a 4 way tie for first place in the D League with a 9-4 record. With 3 16u kids starting I think they are only continuing to improve
Hopefully Clarke picks up his shooting percentages in July
I think they have the talent to pull some upsets and certainly open some eyes in South Carolina.

We will soon see.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Dominguez is the 3rd best player on the team behind Clarke and Cisse. He has benefited from Cisse’s explosion and the attention he has drawn.

Expressions made Peach Jam by a tie breaker so to say it is a good possibility they go far this year seems like a stretch.
Is he better than Reyes?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Friday night Day 1
Dyondre was the 3rd highest scorer for the night at Pangos
0038614F-B75D-4E2E-8F95-7420C34522CF.png
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Dominguez is the 3rd best player on the team behind Clarke and Cisse. He has benefited from Cisse’s explosion and the attention he has drawn.

Is he better than Reyes?
Reyes is on the 16U team.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dyondre will play for Woodstock Academy next season
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

I do not watch aau/prep nearly as much as I did at one time, but have seen Dyondre since he was at Tolman, have always liked him as a player and personally a nice young man. I think he may be flying a bit under the radar with nice upside. I guess I am always partial towards local guys.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

His game (and looks) remind me a little of Tate. Any news on where his top interests lie?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

giovanni wrote: 4 years ago I do not watch aau/prep nearly as much as I did at one time, but have seen Dyondre since he was at Tolman, have always liked him as a player and personally a nice young man. I think he may be flying a bit under the radar with nice upside. I guess I am always partial towards local guys.
He is not flying under the radar playing and starting for Expressions Elite. All of the big time HCs saw Dominguez and his Expressions Elite Team in the AAU Season as well at Peach Jam in July which Expressions qualified for.
I saw Dyondre play 5 times this summer. He is a good player with significant upside. He can shoot the 3-ball well for a big man and he has a temperament to hit the big shot when it’s needed. I saw him hit several big 3 point shots. Smooth release. Look for a big winter season from him.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

UMass Commit
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago UMass Commit
Woodstock Academy connection.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Slimy Tony with his hands all over this
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Slimy Tony with his hands all over this
Dominguez is now the 6th Woodstock Player in the past 2 years
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Good player. I believe most D1 colleges have their own version of Slimy Tony.
Someday we will have connections into the NE prep school scene.
I hear that once in a while, there are a few good players that come out of those leagues.

Besides Cox in DC and TJ apparently in Tennessee, what areas of the country do our staff have strong connections?
Last edited by rhodyblue12 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rhodyblue12 wrote: 4 years ago Good player. I believe most D1 colleges have their own version of Simy Tony.
I hear that once in a while, there are a few good players that come out of those leagues.

Besides Cox in DC and TJ apparently in Tennessee, what areas of the country do our staff have strong connections?
I would think TJ has still Michigan connections too. Austin has them in New England. Sutton knows a lot of people.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 4 years ago Good player. I believe most D1 colleges have their own version of Simy Tony.

I would think TJ has still Michigan connections too. Austin has them in New England. Sutton knows a lot of people.
Yes- Sutton has a lot of connections- but unless I’m missing something our Tenn connections have yet to yield a commitment. Fingers crossed
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The Tennessee connection is actually Cox. Bobby Maze is from DC.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 4 years ago Good player. I believe most D1 colleges have their own version of Slimy Tony.

I believe you, but where are the recruits from these other areas? Not even a rumor to be had.
Also, it seems like we are the only basketball program that completely ignores the rest of the world when recruiting.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody Athletics Hall of Famer basketball alumni Ernie Calverley and Earl Shannon say NO. They all attended this same Pawtucket high school.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Rhody Athletics Hall of Famer basketball alumni Ernie Calverley and Earl Shannon say NO. They all attended this same Pawtucket high school.
?
Ernie Calverey and Earl Shannon? You are kidding or most idiotic post ever. Ernie Calverley> lol obviously satire.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Transferred from UMASS to Arkansas State
Then this happens
Moved far away from home (UMASS and Providence) New environment. Shoplifting at Walmart in Walmart's home state.

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/sports/ ... 6ac7c.html
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Luckily Makhel Mitchell was not with them!
Last edited by LoveThoseRams 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 10 months ago Transferred from UMASS to Arkansas State
Then this happens
Moved far away from home (UMASS and Providence) New environment. Shoplifting at Walmart in Walmart's home state.

http://www.magnoliareporter.com/sports/ ... 6ac7c.html
Hmmm...wonder why they got arrested? That seems to be legal in a lot of other places...
0 x