Major NCAA Recruiting FBI Investigation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: Major NCAA Recruiting FBI Investigation

Unread post by steviep123 »

He's not wrong.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The top leagues have been ruining the game of college basketball for several decades now. They can get away with anything as the NCAA hasn't the chops to discipline them or stop them in any way from getting what they want.
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Obvious nepotism hire Dan Gavitt has one job: keep the Cartel from leaving the NCAA.
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It was a good documentary and I agree it is amazing that guys like Wade and Miller still have jobs
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 4 years ago Obvious nepotism hire Dan Gavitt has one job: keep the Cartel from leaving the NCAA.
Agree. The NCAA is afraid of the cartel...
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Look what happened with the North Carolina situation.

The NCAA makes it up as they go along.

Kansas et al will get away scot free.

They will do nothing and hope everyone forgets anything happened.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The NCAA needs the cartel...the cartel does not need the NCAA. Everyone knows this.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Never mind the NCAA how does the administrations (not the ADs) of LSU and Arizona sit back and allow Wade and Miller to coach and represent the universities.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Never mind the NCAA how does the administrations (not the ADs) of LSU and Arizona sit back and allow Wade and Miller to coach and represent the universities.
Because the most important thing is winning and making it rain $$ ? Those might be a couple of the schools most strongly pushing for the cartel to secede in the first place? If the NCAA spanks them, there's a flood of "whattabout" and the next thing you know...there's NCAA sports and Power 5 sports...in two totally separate worlds....interacting no more.

Conspiracy theory funnin'....good times....
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The only thing that holds the P5's from splitting from the NCAA, is the NCAA basketball tourney itself.

That is the biggest cash cow of all.

Secede, and there goes their cash cow.

If they could figure out a way to do it without losing a lot of money, they will do it at some point.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The only thing that holds the P5's from splitting from the NCAA, is the NCAA basketball tourney itself.

If they could figure out a way to do it without losing a lot of money, they will do it at some point.
They have already figured it out. Cook up the NET to overly favor certain conferences and rarely play games versus teams outside these leagues denying them opportunities to distinguish themselves. Makes the NCAA Tournament basically just a power league tourney with a few other teams in the mix only in as high seed auto bids.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The number of mid majors per year that get at large bids will be dropping.

Not too many San Diego St's and Daytons any more, who would get a bid even if they lose in their conference tourneys.

I could see less than 5 on a regular basis...not just occasionally.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The only thing that holds the P5's from splitting from the NCAA, is the NCAA basketball tourney itself.

They have already figured it out. Cook up the NET to overly favor certain conferences and rarely play games versus teams outside these leagues denying them opportunities to distinguish themselves. Makes the NCAA Tournament basically just a power league tourney with a few other teams in the mix only in as high seed auto bids.
  • Cook up the NET to favor P5 and disfavor Midmajor Teams - allow tweaking the secret formula to enable achieving goal - DONE
  • Give little or no reward or incentive to play away games for P5 teams - thus forcing mid majors to have to always go on the road - DONE
  • Approve BIG 10 Proposal that’s also been endorsed by the ACC to Allow immediate eligibility of players to transfer one time. This will enable players who slipped through the HS to College Net to go to P5 schools without any time list penalty - IN PROCESS
TO COME:
  • Allow Players to go to NBA regardless of age. Eliminate one and done
  • Allow players to transfer without sit out penalty as often as they want. Not limited to one time
  • Create two divisions as in Football FBS and FCS. Two separate tournaments
Never thought I’d say that I would want two separate divisions but the more I see of the NCAA’s ineptitude the more I think two divisions might make sense. I’m tired of the exclusion of mid majors from the NCAA Tournament - now robbing them of their best players. It’s happening already and we don’t even have the Proposal approved yet. Dark days ahead for mid majors.

Ultimately the P5’s will push out the BE Teams too. Football and all sports conferences will rule the roost.
1 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... duct-rules

#1 Ranked Recruit, Cade Cunningham, is committed to Oklahoma State.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 3 years ago https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/me ... duct-rules

#1 Ranked Recruit, Cade Cunningham, is committed to Oklahoma State.
Interesting choice considering this news

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Will Wade and Sean Miller must be sweating now.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They been sweating for over 2 years already bout time they get punished !!!
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Oklahoma State was only accused of one Level 1 violation, yet that didn’t save their 2020-21 season Friday. Kansas, by contrast, has been accused of three Level 1 violations in men’s basketball and a head coach responsibility charge against Self. LSU’s inevitable Notice of Allegations, which could include some incriminating wiretaps of head coach Will Wade, hasn’t arrived. Auburn has refused to say one way or the other whether theirs is in hand. Arizona is still bracing for impact.

Based on the precedent set Friday, they should all be very concerned.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 156997001/
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

It's time for one of these P5 programs and their coach's to get the SMU Death penalty. They completely
ignore NCAA rules, and in these cases some broke the law. Time for 1 or 2 of these programs
to get blasted into the stone age. Scorched earth. The timing couldn't be better actually.
A sign that the NCAA isn't going to tolerate this crap just as we possibly enter the
" golden age of tampering" that the no penalty transfer rule will surely usher in.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Good to have a scholarship open. If one or more of these programs gets whacked, we can pick up a solid player
0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Be prepared for a stern wag of the finger and a mild slap on the wrist. Nothing major will happen to these programs. The ncaa is a joke.
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I would really be worried if I was Cleveland State.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Smokinjimit wrote: 3 years ago Be prepared for a stern wag of the finger and a mild slap on the wrist. Nothing major will happen to these programs. The ncaa is a joke.
Obvious nepotism hire Dan Gavitt has one job: Keep the Cartel from leaving the NCAA.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I cannot wait to read about the results of the Zion Williamson deposition in connection with the current lawsuit about his agent representation.
2 x