2018-2019 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Re: 2018-2019 Rotation

Unread post by RAM67 »

2 years as a back up in JC.
0 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

ramster wrote:
the_one_mike wrote:Regarding the posters saying that Christian Thomson is no good, I am going to repost an excerpt from a post on the thread I made with his name:
Turnovers per 40: Fatts 1.8, CT 1.6
Steals per 40: Fatts 1.8, CT 1.7 (this spiked to 2.4 from 1.4 while playing hurt as a Sophomore, mind you, as Danny coached him to focus on defense after the emergence of El Jefe at the 1)
Assists per 40: Fatts 3.5, CT 2.2 (played limited time at the 1 his sophomore season after Jeff came in, as I mentioned in the OP -- this dropped from 2.4 to 1.8 as he handled the ball less)
Rebounds per 40: Fatts 3.7, CT 6.1 (very similar to Stan on the boards, he has a nose for the ball and knows where to be)

If you look at their offensive and defensive ratings per 100 possessions:
DRTG: Fatts 101.6, CT 98.1
ORTG: Fatts 102.3, CT 103.0
Technically CT achieved better ratings playing on (allegedly) weaker teams while hurt. (I say allegedly because I believe we were better last year than this recently past season, so this point can be argued)

NOW, all that said, let me clarify -- I do not compare CT and Fatts in any way other than to illustrate some statistical facts and prove I'm not relying on my "selective memory" as stated by a few posters above. If anything, based off these numbers, maybe some of you guys are the ones with a selective memory... :lol: ;)

This is merely to draw the parallel of how each player is perceived; CT is a lunchpail kind of guy. Less flash and doesn't really slash at the bucket much so he's made less noise on the path to putting up extremely similar numbers to our fanbase's pie in the sky Fatts Russell. I love them both (Fatts is my favorite URI player I've ever watched.... already), but CT deserves more love than he gets from our fans.
All good data,
But this is about the starting line up. So do you start Fatts or Thompson. Belly up to the bar. What’s your starting line up?
Posted it earlier in this thread or another but:

1. El Jefe
2. Fatts
3. CT
4. Harris
5. Cyril

This is my ideal starting 5 opening night based on what I see thus far on tape from Jermaine.

Before we lost Danny I thought it could easily be Akele starting over Harris, at least on opening night. Now I'm not sure if CT will start, even. That said, I do believe that Cox bought into Danny's overall macro plan for the direction of our program... so it would not surprise me if he follows through with using CT as a significant contributor. If the obvious happens and he's given the job, that is.

I also said this many times here in the past but I truly believe next year's team will actually be DEEPER than we were this year... at least on paper right now. We have more than 10 players that could potentially see double-digit minutes next year: Jeff, Fatts, CT, Harris, Cyril, Tate, Martin, Adams, Akele, Ryan, and Big Mike...

AND, another thing that is not really being mentioned much... is our LAST SCHOLARSHIP. We still have one more scholarship to give for next year. With all the drama and commotion in college basketball right now, if we retain our incoming class we are in a fantastic position to land a very high quality 5th-year that could give us big minutes and help replace the upperclassmen leadership we are losing. That could easily end up being a starter as well.

It's still really early to shake it all out but my point in all of this is that I believe there were muuuuuch bigger moves at play with CT than most people here realize. Danny really valued him.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Let's see....Thompson, Layssard, Akele, Preston and me?
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Didn't know where to put this, but I thought interesting comments by Beilein:

0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

posted right around the time that Cox was announced, so the article probably doesn't take that into account. Review of the A10:

"A-10: This is a tricky one. Will there be a team in the Power 36? Maybe not to start, but there are plenty of teams vying for spots. The consensus seems to be to lean toward Saint Joseph’s with Charlie Brown and Lamar Kimble back or Saint Louis with Jordan Goodwin, Jalen Johnson, Hasahn French and Javon Bess. But, don’t for a second dismiss Davidson. The Wildcats have a star in Kellan Grady. Yes, Peyton Aldridge is gone, but Davidson will be in the mix to win the league. Book it. Rhode Island is still a toss-up based on who returns and the unknowns seem to be VCU and Dayton. Regardless, the league should be deeper."

I would imagine (assuming Adams is the only one not here next year), URI is much more than a toss up.

I like that Katz thinks the league should be deeper.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Not digging to find the quote from Rhody83, but does anyone else find it interesting that Cox was quoted as saying that Fatts would be the starting 1? I know basketball is becoming postionless but Fatts at the 1 over Jeff? not sure how I feel about that quote. I am all for starting both, but the ball should be in Jeff's hands.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody Guy wrote:Not digging to find the quote from Rhody83, but does anyone else find it interesting that Cox was quoted as saying that Fatts would be the starting 1? I know basketball is becoming postionless but Fatts at the 1 over Jeff? not sure how I feel about that quote. I am all for starting both, but the ball should be in Jeff's hands.
The comment was in front of the media but not everything gets produced. It was when Cox was talking about style of play and Fatts came over to be interviewed. I had two thoughts when he said it. He was talking about pushing the pace - get the rebound and run. Fatts is much more suited to push the ball up than Jeff. The other thought was the coaching staff was focused on Fatts yesterday. I could see Cox promising that to Fatts during their duscussion last week. Fatts was at risk to leave. Jeff would do anything for Cox (his second father as he says). The sell to Jeff is to give him more chances to score. Jeff played the 2 in HS. Jeff also realizes the team’s chance to succeed would drop dramatically if Fatts transfered. I also think they will both run the half court offense.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Sounds similar to DH promising to develop EC into a PG. That didn't go anywhere. Nice problem to have though because I think both guys have the skills to be very good distributors.
1 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I see a double point guard situation. Fatts pushing the tempo and Jeff when more control is needed. Kicking it out to Martin for threes. Martin can definitely shoot from distance & CT as well in 3 guard sets.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Also posted in other thread but for folks worried about Fatts...

3 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Two spots left to fill. 1 is pretty much guaranteed to be a JUCO or Grad Transfer to help with our guard depth. The other can be 2018, normal transfer (sit a year), or a second Grad Transfer. Sounds like we're still recruiting Adams so it could still be him + Grad Transfer.

In working the projected starting 5 I was thinking Akele would find his way in, but I don't see Cox going with a lineup with only 2 guys that can handle the ball. The only other possibility I see is going with Akele + Thompson until Harris gets acclimated to the college game. i still don't think you bring someone like that on campus and don't give him an immediate starting role.

Also of note: it's possible we bring in a starting wing/third guard with our grad transfer

My projected starting 5 to begin season:
Fatts
Dowtin
Thompson
Harris
Cyril

My projected starting 5 to end season:
Fatts
Dowtin
Martin --> jump shooter + ball handler + I like Christion as the experience off bench
Harris
Cyril

Guards:
Dowtin (starting 1-2)
Fatts (starting 1-2)
Thompson (starting 3 or reserve 2-3)

Forwards:
Cyril (starting 4-5)
Harris (starting 4-5)
Preston (reserve 4-5)
Martin (starting 3 or reserve 2,3,4)
Tate (starting 3 or reserve 3,4)
Akele (starting 3 or reserve 3-4)
Layssard (reserve 4-5)
Tertsea (reserve 4-5 )
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I think Akele May have a bigger role than we think right now.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Always a little jarring when they update the roster-

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/roster
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

ace wrote:Always a little jarring when they update the roster-

Definitely sobering and when do they add the incoming freshmen?
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:
ace wrote:Always a little jarring when they update the roster-

Definitely sobering and when do they add the incoming freshmen?
Presumably when they enroll or show up for summer practice.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Been a long time since this was a concern, but we're seriously hurting for another guard that can spell point next season. Our two PG's should be on the floor with each other as much as possible considering each is our best option at SG as well. CT may start at the 3 and spell 1 and 2. I'm thinking 4 guard offense is on hold for the time being.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Running Ram wrote:Been a long time since this was a concern, but we're seriously hurting for another guard that can spell point next season. Our two PG's should be on the floor with each other as much as possible considering each is our best option at SG as well. CT may start at the 3 and spell 1 and 2. I'm thinking 4 guard offense is on hold for the time being.
With that being said - we have to be one of the most attractive landing spots for an experienced grad transfer guard. Big men are much harder to come by and we don't have that problem right now. We will not go into next season without an experienced guard added to our roster.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Whether Jeff is the 1 and Fatts is the 2, or Fatts is the 1 and Jeff is the 2, or they are both 1.5s, it will be critical that the Jeff that emerged for a little bit toward the end of the season is the Jeff we get nightly next year. Meaning, more aggressive as a scorer. With the firepower at guard last year we didn’t have to rely on his scoring a lot, but this coming season will be a different story. If he can add consistent scoring to his standard ball security play, I think we will be better than some people seem to think we will be.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I'm still hoping Adams or Amir come to their senses and re-commit, there's plenty of PT and NCAA's in the future for one (or both) of them if they get on board this season.

one never knows, maybe they both re-commit...

We were New England's best D1 team this year, better than PC, better than UConn, Vermont, BC, North Eastern. These open scholarships are a golden opportunity for a good young guard or two.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Does anyone know if we're still involved with Amir?
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Billyboy78 wrote:Does anyone know if we're still involved with Amir?
A story published In the newspaper "Tulsa World" on February 16th, claimed Amir was offered by Oklahoma State and had offers in hand from Delaware and Temple. That's the latest info I've seen on Amir.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

To counter some posts on who will start and how deep this team is:
Thompson: At the end of his sophomore season he was playing with the walk-ons. Hadn't lived up to his rep as a shooter. Missed this year with an injury.
Akele: At the end of his junior season he was barely playing on a team that was height-challenged.
Ryan Preston: Juco who was brought in to fill an immediate need. Played early in the season, got hurt, didn't play much after.
Layssard: Didn't play his sophomore year on a team that was height-challenged. Hasn't lived up to his billing as someone who could play right away.
Tertsea: Redshirted and then sat at end of the bench on a team that was height-challenged. Two years later remains a project.
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If the recruits are as good as advertised....they will be playing major minutes by the time league play starts.

The above post by Iggy is very indicative of the issues those players have.

If some of those above players are still playing major minutes later in the season, we won't be as good as some think.

None of them are starter material in the long run.

Mike L imo has the most potential to be a solid contributor. Not sold on Thompson, except as a role player.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think you'd go into the season with the big 3 returnees as being in line to get as many minutes as they can physically handle and/or foul situation will allow. Then, I think everyone is expecting the three currently signed frosh to be in the rotation, but obviously you cannot count your freshman chickens before they are hatched. That gets you to six guys presumed to be in the rotation. Then, I think it is a good assumption that there will be a grad transfer or JUCO guard that will be in the rotation. That is seven guys. Then of the group that Iggy mentioned, Thompson and Akele may have gotten buried on good teams previously, but they at least have played meaningful minutes during their careers and I'd expect them both to be in or near the rotation. That is eight and maybe nine guys. Then of the remaining guys on the roster right now, I'd rank them in likelihood of seeing time in the regular rotation: Preston, Layssard, me, then Mike Tertsea. One wild card is if either Preston or Layssard (or Tertsea) could make a jump this offseason, it would mean a lot in terms of depth. Then there is the last scholarship, which could go to a class of '18 freshman, or another JUCO/grad transfer, or it could go to an old-fashioned regular transfer that would have to sit a year, which is the other wild card.

Overall, in terms of roster depth, there is not the known-quantity, quality depth that we had last season, but there are a lot of guys who will get an opportunity and could add meaningfully to the depth if they make the most of it. I think Iggy's analysis is fair, but it leans toward painting a bleaker picture, and I think there is at least some chance that it could go the other way.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I not sure who starts. It will probably change as the season progresses and the Fr get more experience. Avg mins/game and who is on the court to finish the game is more important.
Dowtin - this is his team now. As a Jr I expect him to take over. Should avg 33 mins/game.
Fatts - game changer and the guy to push it under Cox’ new offense. Should avg 30 mins/game
Cyril - need him healthy. Will have foul trouble in some games which will have biggest impact on mins. Should avg 25-27 mins/game
Harris - great to have his size underneath. Should avg 20-25 mins/game
Martin - hard to figure out mins with options at the 3. My guess is 20 mins/game
Tate - the wild card. He can spell Cyril & Harris. Could also play some 3 (big line up). My guess is 20 mins/game
Thompson - another wild card. How much does Cox want to lean on experience. My guess is Fr take mins away - 15 mins/game
Akele - back up for the 4. Less minutes than Tate. Should be 10-15 mins/game
5th year Sr Transfer - a shooter. Could start at the 3. Should be 20-25 mins/game
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Btw, Cyril is listed at 6-8 225 lbs and Dana is listed at 6-7 230 lbs. Who looks taller in this video together?

0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

I see Preston and Tertsea at the end of the bench. Both great physical specimens but not A10 caliber players at this time.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Iggy1979 wrote:To counter some posts on who will start and how deep this team is:
Thompson: At the end of his sophomore season he was playing with the walk-ons. Hadn't lived up to his rep as a shooter. Missed this year with an injury.
Akele: At the end of his junior season he was barely playing on a team that was height-challenged.
Ryan Preston: Juco who was brought in to fill an immediate need. Played early in the season, got hurt, didn't play much after.
Layssard: Didn't play his sophomore year on a team that was height-challenged. Hasn't lived up to his billing as someone who could play right away.
Tertsea: Redshirted and then sat at end of the bench on a team that was height-challenged. Two years later remains a project.

Thompson: had a knee issue not a ankle issue. Right before the season he had surgery to clean up some things in his knee not ankle. And I think the year of developing in practice should help Thompson similarly it did for stan Robinson who had almost no shot when he came in.

Akele: will never be anything more then a bench role player imo. I think he can play solid spot minutes in a rotation as a 4. Just because they didn't develop to what we thought doesn't mean a couple of those guys cant fill a necessary role on the team. (Little defense and 3 point shooting)

Obviously, if we are riding on akele much more then a role player type responsibility then we might be in trouble. But I think some development can take place over this summer with a bigger opportunity as a role player (in terms of minutes played to allow for him to get in a better rhythm) allows him to show a little more this year then past seasons.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Rhody83 wrote:Btw, Cyril is listed at 6-8 225 lbs and Dana is listed at 6-7 230 lbs. Who looks taller in this video together?

I've been next to Cyril on several occasions. Like most college athletes his measurements are very generously listed. He is at most 6'6".
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Most guys are their listed heights in sneakers....actual height 1 to 2 inches less. Same in the NBA.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

rambone 78 wrote:Most guys are their listed heights in sneakers....actual height 1 to 2 inches less. Same in the NBA.
Possibly so rambone, but he wasn't barefoot when he was standing next to me.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I would have to disagree that Cyril is 6’6”. I was next to him last Friday and he was as tall as Layssard and Akele. Take a look at this year’s team pictures. Tertsea is 6’10”.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uri+bas ... 67QxlAFcqM:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Christion Thompson‏ @mooosiee · 18m18 minutes ago
i want to invite all my doubters to my most dedicated year !!
1 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Thompson will bring great perimeter defense [right up there with Jarvis and Terrell]......can play the 2 or 3.......was unable to execute his jump shot in 16-17 due to the injury......nice size for a perimeter player.......fearless.......quick. This will be the year for him to show his stuff.

Each incoming player is being counted on to be a major contributor. They all seem to have the skill sets to perform at a high level.

Obviously........Jeff, Fatts and Langevine will be the backbone of a larger rotation. Cox has said he wants a faster offense.

There it is, a solid nine man rotation......headed for success.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Hey Guys,

First time/Long time here on the forum... Rhody alum and long time mbb season ticket holder. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.
I'm getting psyched for this upcoming season and wanted to continue the discussion on rotation. Here is my preference:

THREE GUARD LINEUP...
Guard: Fatts (So)
Guard: Dowtin (Jr)
Guard: Martin (Fr)
Forward: Langevine (Jr)
Forward: Harris (Fr)
1st G off the bench: Thompson
1st F off the bench: Tate

TWO GUARD LINEUP...
Forward: Tate (Fr)
1st G off the bench: Thompson/Martin
1st F off the bench: Preston/Layssard

Would love to see Preston and Layssard develop into a physical presence/banger down low. You're going to need one of these guys (and/or Tertsea) to step up in case any of the bigs get into foul trouble (or injured). With the addition of Silverio as the 5th guard in the rotation, I think Cox now has the depth to go to the 3 guard starting lineup and bring Tate off the bench. I know most people are adding Thompson into the starting line up (btw think Thompson will be a stud this year), but I like the size factor for the incoming Frosh. Plus, Fatts and Dowtin are going to need breathers and Thompson will provide that needed 5-tool spark off the bench. Love this incoming class and hope they contribute right away. Thanks guys - all the best.
- The Hound
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

What about Akele you didn't mention him at all. I would think he will be one of the bigs playing the most, especially early if the year.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2018-2019 Rotationng

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

SandorClegane wrote:Hey Guys,

First time/Long time here on the forum... Rhody alum and long time mbb season ticket holder. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum.
I'm getting psyched for this upcoming season and wanted to continue the discussion on rotation. Here is my preference:

THREE GUARD LINEUP...
Guard: Martin (Fr)
1st G off the bench: Thompson
1st F off the bench: Tate

TWO GUARD LINEUP...
Forward: Tate (Fr)
1st G off the bench: Thompson/Martin
1st F off the bench: Preston/Layssard

Would love to see Preston and Layssard develop into a physical presence/banger down low. You're going to need one of these guys (and/or Tertsea) to step up in case any of the bigs get into foul trouble (or injured). With the addition of Silverio as the 5th guard in the rotation, I think Cox now has the depth to go to the 3 guard starting lineup and bring Tate off the bench. I know most people are adding Thompson into the starting line up (btw think Thompson will be a stud this year), but I like the size factor for the incoming Frosh. Plus, Fatts and Dowtin are going to need breathers and Thompson will provide that needed 5-tool spark off the bench. Love this incoming class and hope they contribute right away. Thanks guys - all the best.
- The Hound
I like the thinking here, just don't think Akele should go unmentioned being a senior with all his experience. I just think it's more likely that Layssard or Preston will be subbed in for Cyril at the five, while Tate and Alele can come off the bench and play the three or four subbing in for Harris.

If we can get any consistently solid play off the bench from Akele, Preston or the Big Mikes (assuming the two
big freshman are as advertised) it will help us a lot.

I like Laysaard out of that group the best. He had great energy and was usually able to score once he was put into the game.

I hope our offense flows as Cox promises because that was what we were missing under Dan.
I know people bring up the offensive efficiency ratings and all that, but we had a tough time keep staying consistent. Too much iso.
Hopefully with all the shooters we have there will be more action to get guys open with screens and ball movement. No need to pound the ball and drive into the lane so much.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Next year will be the best year for a new coach at URI since 1998.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Didn’t mean to omit Akele. My bad. It’ll be interesting to see how Cox uses his big men, specifically Akele and Tertsea. Both have size and a good skill set but probably don’t get a ton of minutes in a run and gun style offense.
0 x
- Mr. Rogers
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

SandorClegane wrote:Didn’t mean to omit Akele. My bad. It’ll be interesting to see how Cox uses his big men, specifically Akele and Tertsea. Both have size and a good skill set but probably don’t get a ton of minutes in a run and gun style offense.
Have no idea what to make of Tertsea, hard to know if he has a good skill set or not, he certainly hasnt shown anything in the limited minutes he's seen. Anything he and Layssard can give is gravy, need one of them to be the Andre Berry of next year until Harris can settle in to the D1 game.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

SandorClegane wrote:Didn’t mean to omit Akele. My bad. It’ll be interesting to see how Cox uses his big men, specifically Akele and Tertsea. Both have size and a good skill set but probably don’t get a ton of minutes in a run and gun style offense.
I wouldn’t group those two together. Akele is 4th in returning players for mins/game at 9 minutes. Coach Cox mentioned him as a potential starter in one of his interviews. He is going to be in the rotation to start the year with his experience.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah think Akele is in the rotation but not as a starter. He may get up to 15 minutes a game
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

People still think Akele can be a legitimate contributor huh?

He'll get his 9-12 minutes a game, be useless, and maybe have 1-3 games where he contributes something.

Other than that, he won't provide anything.
1 x
Go Rhody
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

David Cox specifically mentioned Akele in the first coaches show. I don't remember the exact quote, but the mention led me to believe he is in the rotation.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CTRamfan wrote:David Cox specifically mentioned Akele in the first coaches show. I don't remember the exact quote, but the mention led me to believe he is in the rotation.
He said that Akele will have a chance to start.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

If Akele gains confidence then he has the POTENTIAL to become the 6th man.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:If Akele gains confidence then he has the POTENTIAL to become the 6th man.
I am guessing Coach Cox isn’t going to hand a starting job to any of the Fr. They are going to have to earn it. He mentioned Harris has the potential to start. He also mentioned Thompson. I could see Akele or Thompson in the starting line up at the beginning of the season. They may even stay there as the seadon goes on but the Fr performing will eventually get a more mins/game and be in at the end of the game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I really hope Harris starts from Day 1

I do not want Nikola Akele in the starting lineup
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

I think Akele is a great kid and hope he performs well this year. However, I don’t think he’s close to cracking the front line starting lineup over CL and Harris. I think it’s safe to say that you know what you’re getting from those two, along with Fatts and Jeff. The other Fr should see their contributions grow over the course of the year as well.

Thompson remains the X factor if he’s fully healed and jumps out of the gate early on in the season. I think if he performs well(~10 pts/g), URI should solidify their top 3 spot in the conference. A solid grad transfer (SF?) would help as well.
0 x
- Mr. Rogers
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I think its about as close to a lock as you can get that Jermaine Harris is starting from day one.
0 x