'19 PA PF - Tre Mitchell (UMass ---> Texas ---> WVU ---> Kentucky)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Re: '19 PA PF - Tre Mitchell (UMass ---> Texas ---> ??? )

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago TRE would put us over the top

if only TRE then its a no brainer

come on.. the guy is a stud
He was the best player on the offensive end of the court in the A-10.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago
So, RV has an out.
I need R15's take on this one.

Hahahahha so now it’s not a definite according to him, shocking.

Can’t wait for Tre not to come here and Rhody Vault deletes all his tweets about Tre and say it was definitely not a guarantee because it definitely maybe for sure not wasn’t happening.

This kid doesn’t seem to understand how much of a fool he’s starting to sound like.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

im out if that jerkoff bergeron is involved.
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Never take a package deal.
4 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

MTK4L wrote: 2 years ago I'm waiting.. RV back peddling a little here is interesting. I know some have been critical of him including myself. The reality is he is putting himself in these situations by choice. If he wants to put out the heat he needs to be able to take the heat. He has also started to block KB members on twitter that have be critical of him including one of my good friends that is very connected to the program and a booster.

You never know who you might be talking to.....However I want to see Tre at Rhody !
Come on Vault , you can’t be blocking people on Twitter for being critical especially prominent URI boosters , you are better than that
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

End of the day, RV and others are only reporting what they hear. If the situation changes, its not RVs doing. Don't shoot the messenger.
0 x
GO RAMS
MegaRamFan2
Abdul Fox

Unread post by MegaRamFan2 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago End of the day, RV and others are only reporting what they hear. If the situation changes, its not RVs doing. Don't shoot the messenger.
Amen to that. We finally have someone putting a ton of work into this program through interviews and transfer/ recruiting "rumors" and the majority of this board wants to crucify him already! He's a young guy finding his way, and is putting in the effort to try to break news before the national writers. I understand we'll all be disappointed if we don't get Mitchell and I shot RV a message cautioning him on "trying to be first," but let's not trash arguably one of the best Rhody twitter follows out there! Let him learn from this mistake in his young career and be better for it.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

We are dealing with kids here, decisions and situations change…heck they are transferring! In some cases for the 2nd or 3rd time. I give RV props for putting it out there…you win some you lose some. Just don’t lose too many. Can’t cry wolf too many times…
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RV rules

he provides rhody content - much more than anyone else does - and raw type of content/interviews

i enjoy his interviews - my only "complaint" is that the clips make me wanting more of the interview

count me in the RV corner any day of the week

post longer interviews RV - i enjoy watching them !
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Regarding that player development position and Bergeron, remember that RV also said this...

1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

what’s with the RV bashing ?

My goodness

A guy gives us great content and we nitpick

Whatever

don’t go to his site then

RV - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

jcru wrote: 2 years ago I know it sounds ridiculous, but after 30 years of this, I've seen a lot of ridiculous things happen around here.

Archie gets Freeman, Femi, Durugordon, and Tre, along with the guys we kept, we're playing for first place this year.
Dam break coming. Get ready.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m in the camp that I want Tre to play for URI but if it means Tony B comes too I am out !!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago I’m in the camp that I want Tre to play for URI but if it means Tony B comes too I am out !!
I just don't think TB would be a drag in the right situation...Arch could handle it and the player would make it worthwhile.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago I’m in the camp that I want Tre to play for URI but if it means Tony B comes too I am out !!
I just don't think TB would be a drag in the right situation...Arch could handle it and the player would make it worthwhile.
I wouldn't want slimy TB anywhere near our program, sends a bad message.
Compromising your ethics for probably a 1 year loaner, even though he is a great talent.

If we can't get Mitchell without TB, I don't want him.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Compromising your ethics for probably a 1 year loaner, even though he is a great talent.

Oh please…IF we can land Femi and Sean along with Braymon we are stacked next year with talented guard when you include Jalen, Ish and Malik. Add Tre to that group and we are a top 25 team. I don’t care how you get him here, you do it.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago

Oh please…IF we can land Femi and Sean along with Braymon we are stacked next year with talented guard when you include Jalen, Ish and Malik. Add Tre to that group and we are a top 25 team. I don’t care how you get him here, you do it.
Lmao. Top 25. I am guessing you have never seen Femi and Sean play a college game but you know they will produce a Top 25 team. You might be a tad optimistic here. URI hired Archie. They aren’t hiring Bergeron. Move on.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Eh, I think he might be able to, but if Archie's confident in his abilities, why bother with the hassle? Tre Mitchell is a nice player. As UMass can attest, he alone is not the difference between NCAA tournament or not - like a Lamar Odom or Kevin Durant-type of player.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

OK couple of things.

1) I trust Rhody Vault - It's pretty obvious that this poor kid wants to do one thing, and his scumbag future step-father is jumping into the mix trying to get him to do another. It's fair to run with information you get, and then have to change when something new pops up.

2) It is almost painfully obvious that Scott Brand's source is Tony Bergeron himself. As that just seems too perfect in my head. Bergeron is using who he thinks is a mouthpiece for the fanbase to try and drive the desperation up for URI to bring Bergeron on staff. Brand is the only person putting out a "pro Bergeron" message, knowing that URI would NEVER take Tony Bergeron on staff. I'd honestly be shocked if they even would give him tickets behind the URI bench if Tre does come here.

3) If you read the Goodman tweet - and again reading the tea leaves - he has an Archie connection. That throw in at the end talking about the "package deal having no takers is kinda funny, and driving the point home. No one wants that slimeball on their bench, except maybe...

4) Grasso. Grasso doesn't give a shit, is kind of a shady dude, and is coaching 1 year for his next job. He desperately wanted to jump up to a URI or UMass but both programs were swinging for the fences and didn't bother considering him. So he would burn Bryant to the ground to get whoever he could for one year of high profile success.

5) Tony Bergeron will never coach here. He would not be welcome here. And how badly he torpedoed the UMass program from the inside cannot be overlooked. He also has zero pipeline and has 1-2 years of Tre Mitchell that he can milk. Outside of that, this slimeball started a fight with a former player and recruit at center court after a game at the Ryan Center. Our SID got pushed to the ground. Fuck that dude. Not for nothing, what a huge piece of shit that he can't even make his own career so he has to step on the shoulders of his fiance/girlfriend's kid to get anywhere. By all accounts Tre is a great dude, and Bergeron is a selfish, disgusting, fourth degree master douche-nozzle.

Tre would be the best URI center in the last 30 years. It would still not be worth it to bring in Tony Bergeron.

In conclusion - I would bet Tre comes here if no one, specifically Bryant, agrees to take on Tony Bergeron's douche ass.
19 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

good analysis
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I stand corrected, Arch would not bother with the package deal...which is an even stronger position than taking it on and managing it. It will be interesting to see if the kid lands on a good path, or remains connected to the MD-N....
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago

Lmao. Top 25. I am guessing you have never seen Femi and Sean play a college game but you know they will produce a Top 25 team. You might be a tad optimistic here. URI hired Archie. They aren’t hiring Bergeron. Move on.
I have seen Tre, he will immediately be the best player in the A10. I have seen Braymon a bunch, he is the PG we needed last year (Thomas was not ready to be thy guy and Shep/El Amin were not great PGs). I have seen Jalen Carey and he is going to be better with better coaching. I have seen Martin who is a very solid player. So no, I haven’t seen a ton of the other guys play but I don’t need to. Tre Mitchell makes the other pieces on of the top teams in the A10 alone. By definition a top 25 team historically.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

don't listen to the non-believers

NO
DOUBT !

RHODY HOOPS !
1 x
Umassfan
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Umassfan »

yall should want your staff to stay away.. its really not worth it at all.. At the first sign of adversity his camp will do their best to torpedo the staff & program.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Umassfan wrote: 2 years ago yall should want your staff to stay away.. its really not worth it at all.. At the first sign of adversity his camp will do their best to torpedo the staff & program.
No doubt.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Not only would Grasso be willing to hold his nose and take Bergeron to get Tre, I don’t even think he’d have to hold his nose. Grasso is cut from the same cloth. Luckily our guy isn’t, and hopefully not too many other programs are either because as blueman said it seems reasonable to read this situation as if it were up to Tre (as it should be), there’s a very good chance he’d end up here. It’s not possible to have less respect for a person than I have for Coach Shinebox, but I’d hope even he would realize that forcing Tre to settle for a Bryant when he’s a Texas-caliber player is a bridge too far even for his Lester Diamond ass.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just say no to the slime ball Tony B !!
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

This kid is clearly no one but imagine if Grasso beat out teams for Tre without hiring Bergeron?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think it’s safe to assume that Flar has a source here.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Im sure Bryant to him is such a step down.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Let's see 2020 A10 ROY, 2021 First Team A10

Top 5 rated transfer in the portal 21-22, going to Texas.

Now some are saying possibly Bryant, very difficult to understand.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Let's see 2020 A10 ROY, 2021 First Team A10

Not really,

After Texas lost to huge rival Texas Tech on Feb 1st, Mitchell lost his starting job for the next 3 games then left the team after the Baylor game on Feb 12.
Looks like he wants to come back home to New England and is exploring options. Makes sense as he needs to play somewhere, might as well be in New England.

Texas Stats and Texas Message Board thread below:

https://www.hornfans.com/threads/tre-mi ... ne.112958/
https://texassports.com/sports/mens-bas ... hell/11247
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Not really,

After Texas lost to huge rival Texas Tech on Feb 1st, Mitchell lost his starting job for the next 3 games then left the team after the Baylor game on Feb 12.
Looks like he wants to come back home to New England and is exploring options. Makes sense as he needs to play somewhere, might as well be in New England.

You would think a move to Bryant with all his talent would be an extreme fall from grace.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The beginning of the dam break? Where in a week or so span, all will realize NCAAT year one is. ... happening? Would be nice to wrap that all up by the STH event.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Alright Tre. Come to Archie.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago The beginning of the dam break? Where in a week or so span, all will realize NCAAT year one is. ... happening? Would be nice to wrap that all up by the STH event.
I would like to know what you and ECR are putting in the Kool-Aid?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not really,

You would think a move to Bryant with all his talent would be an extreme fall from grace.
I wouldn't. He left Texas in mid February. He needs to now bounce back. Either URI or Bryant would work for bouncing back
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Not really,

Tre is from Pittsburgh.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

And this from Scott.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not really,

Tre is from Pittsburgh.
Home is where the heart is
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Not really,

Tre is from Pittsburgh.
Like Amherst, Mass, which he left?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tre is from Pittsburgh.
No, like New England. Yes he left for Texas, but he wants to come back.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He went to high school in Connecticut. Why not UConn?
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Did you talk to him about the over dinner ramster 🤦
He did finish up high school/prep at Woodstock Academy in CT.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

UConn is pretty stacked with big men. If he wants minutes he’s not going there.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago

Then he's not as good as everyone is saying that he is.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago The beginning of the dam break? Where in a week or so span, all will realize NCAAT year one is. ... happening? Would be nice to wrap that all up by the STH event.

NO DOUBT !

N
O
N
E
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I would like to know what you and ECR are putting in the Kool-Aid?

limoncello
0 x
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

He’s still good. He’s just not getting minutes over Adama Sanogo who will be one of the best big men in the country next year, and Donovan Clingan who’s a top 40 recruit in the 2022 class, and a 7 footer.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He’s still good. He’s just not getting minutes over Adama Sanogo who will be one of the best big men in the country next year, and Donovan Clingan who’s a top 40 recruit in the 2022 class, and a 7 footer.
Tre can play stretch 4.
0 x