'19 PA PF - Tre Mitchell (UMass ---> Texas ---> WVU ---> Kentucky)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: '19 PA PF - Tre Mitchell (UMass ---> Texas ---> ??? )

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago

He didn't delete it. It's still there.

Rhody15 didn't say he deleted it. He screenshotted it just in the event he deleted it. There have been deletions, just not this one, yet.
I stand corrected.
…Reading comprehension, as some would say here?
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Rhody15 didn't say he deleted it. He screenshotted it just in the event he deleted it. There have been deletions, just not this one, yet.
I stand corrected.
gee Rhody15, I defended you
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I stand corrected.
I saw an 's' instead of a 'd'. My eyes are 65 years old.
1 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago I assume people reported that Harrick was coming back to URI and not going to Georgia. Was their credibility shot when he changed his mind?
terrible comparison, an actual press conference was called.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I know. They really got it wrong. Heads must have rolled!

We all know he is trying to do a service and make a little money. I can’t imagine it’s a lot, as URI doesn’t have hundreds of thousands of rabid fans. He gave us something to talk about and speculate about for weeks in what shockingly has been a pretty quiet stretch. We all know until the kid shows up on campus it’s not a done deal…just ask Sly. He probably should have used more nuanced language but, since he is providing a free service, how can you complain when he’s not right…just take it from what it’s worth and the entertainment value.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I stand corrected.

I know! It was more of a semi joke towards 78.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I know! It was more of a semi joke towards 78.
i misread one letter. I guess that comes under the heading of reading comprehension.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago I know. They really got it wrong. Heads must have rolled!

We all know he is trying to do a service and make a little money. I can’t imagine it’s a lot, as URI doesn’t have hundreds of thousands of rabid fans. He gave us something to talk about and speculate about for weeks in what shockingly has been a pretty quiet stretch. We all know until the kid shows up on campus it’s not a done deal…just ask Sly. He probably should have used more nuanced language but, since he is providing a free service, how can you complain when he’s not right…just take it from what it’s worth and the entertainment value.
No, I think he sees the interviews as too slow of a method to building a following so he dabbled somewhere where he shouldn't have. What gets me is him deleting tweets when he's wrong like he's trying to rewrite history. Dude, just own up to it and don't pretend it didn't happen. Screenshots and the internet live forever. He veered from his lane, got burned, then tried to cover the evidence.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

enough already

The great Rhody content he provides far outweigh a bad tweet - and technically he isn’t even wrong yet

Was I excited when I saw that tweet ?!!.. hell yes but deep down I didn’t take it as absolute truth

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK RV

I AM A HUGE FAN
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago enough already

The great Rhody content he provides far outweigh a bad tweet - and technically he isn’t even wrong yet

Was I excited when I saw that tweet ?!!.. hell yes but deep down I didn’t take it as absolute truth

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK RV

I AM A HUGE FAN
Should we loosen our buckles on this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Only if you are a defeatist

I for one believe in this coach and BUCKLE
UP WE WILL BE IN THE NCAA NEXT YEAR

NO
DOUBT
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Who TF cares tho? People on here wanting to rip RV (a non journalist fan) to prove he doesn’t have sources is so comical. Like who cares you aren’t Julian Assange taking down the US govt ?
People care because he's out here cosplaying as a journalist / reporter. If he wants to just do historical interviews and analysis, cool. The response to that was very enthusiastic among people on this board. But if he's going to post recruiting news, then he's open to the same criticism and standards that other reporters would be subject to. People aren't going to treat him with kid gloves, if he's wrong about the Tre Mitchell recruitment, just because he's posted some nice interviews with Cuttino Mobley. It was similar "knives out" treatment for the guy covering UMass that "reported" the Kimani Young news.
Except the Umass stuff was being tweeted by a guy who worked at the Globe for 30 years. This is a fan of a mid major cbb team who makes videos. The scrutiny he gets here is over the top IMO. Many people post intel here that proves to be wrong or ill informed.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

would you rather have RV doing his thing or no RV ?

no need to answer - the answer is obvious

RV IS GROOVY !
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Who TF cares tho? People on here wanting to rip RV (a non journalist fan) to prove he doesn’t have sources is so comical. Like who cares you aren’t Julian Assange taking down the US govt ?
People care because he's out here cosplaying as a journalist / reporter. If he wants to just do historical interviews and analysis, cool. The response to that was very enthusiastic among people on this board. But if he's going to post recruiting news, then he's open to the same criticism and standards that other reporters would be subject to. People aren't going to treat him with kid gloves, if he's wrong about the Tre Mitchell recruitment, just because he's posted some nice interviews with Cuttino Mobley. It was similar "knives out" treatment for the guy covering UMass that "reported" the Kimani Young news.
Except the Umass stuff was being tweeted by a guy who worked at the Globe for 30 years. This is a fan of a mid major cbb team who makes videos. The scrutiny he gets here is over the top IMO. Many people post intel here that proves to be wrong or ill informed.
He crossed over the fan line to a social media provider. I would guess he is trying to make a career of this. He tweets often about being the “first to report”. That’s not a fan approach. I doubt he is getting all the interviews with former players and recently a recruit for the WBB team as a “fan”.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago would you rather have RV doing his thing or no RV ?

no need to answer - the answer is obvious

RV IS GROOVY !
Majority on here like to complain about everything, sound just like my retired parents with nothing else to do but complain
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I am ok with him crossing over the fan line. Just disagree with BAR classifying him as “ just a fan making videos”
I don’t think RV would like that classification either.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I am ok with him crossing over the fan line. Just disagree with BAR classifying him as “ just a fan making videos”
I’m not saying it to diminish him in any way. There’s a thin line between fan and social media reporter or whatever classification you want to put him in. I like what he’s doing and could care less he went out on a limb with a few things and used the dreaded “breaking news” language. I don’t trust anything I read on twitter anyhow !
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I am ok with him crossing over the fan line. Just disagree with BAR classifying him as “ just a fan making videos”
I’m not saying it to diminish him in any way. There’s a thin line between fan and social media reporter or whatever classification you want to put him in. I like what he’s doing and could care less he went out on a limb with a few things and used the dreaded “breaking news” language. I don’t trust anything I read on twitter anyhow !
See, I can compartmentalize his content from his reporting. His content is A+ but his reporting sucks and his approach sucks and he spends too much time trying to pretend to be a reporter.
5 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

I'm team ECR and team RV. We haven't had any excitement since my buddies and I had to stop at an Applebee's in SC to catch a tourney game on the way home from Spring Break. Or the following year where we collectively called out of our jobs to catch the NCAAs. Let's be glad that we have a content creator who is 75% right, and that we even believed him when he said we got Tre. If we still had DC, we are not believing that tweet.
In less words, BUCKLE UP! DAM BREAK!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

So silly.

If RV was my friend, this is the advice I’d offer if he asked. Don’t do the thing where you throw out all kinds of information, pick out the one piece that was right, and highlight it with, “as I said last week” or whatever. Also, don’t lie about unimportant things. He has an Instagram account and a Twitter account and, I would venture to guess, Google. It’s highly unlikely that he didn’t know about this board. Engage with people on-line, as long as they are not being rude or disrespectful. Explain why your info may have been wrong, unless you were just making educated guesses based on other publicly available information. Be wary of “sources” who just want to play you or who want to seem important, so they pass on information that they’re just guessing about. Those things make you look like a chump, and you should stop doing that.
6 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

All this Tre Mitchell drama is getting very old.

Time to move on and hear about some "Bigs" that may actually end up here.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Guy got played like a fiddle. At least he fell on his sword.
4 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago So silly.

If RV was my friend, this is the advice I’d offer if he asked. Don’t do the thing where you throw out all kinds of information, pick out the one piece that was right, and highlight it with, “as I said last week” or whatever. Also, don’t lie about unimportant things. He has an Instagram account and a Twitter account and, I would venture to guess, Google. It’s highly unlikely that he didn’t know about this board. Engage with people on-line, as long as they are not being rude or disrespectful. Explain why your info may have been wrong, unless you were just making educated guesses based on other publicly available information. Be wary of “sources” who just want to play you or who want to seem important, so they pass on information that they’re just guessing about. Those things make you look like a chump, and you should stop doing that.
Great advice from someone who has a much closer view inside a college basketball program than all of us.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

CamsRams wrote: 2 years ago Guy got played like a fiddle. At least he fell on his sword.
I don’t think anyone told him it was a definite. I think he heard the rumors that it was possible and said it was 100% going to happen wayyyy too early. Similar to Durugordon.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago I screenshotted this before he deletes it.

He tweeted this out as a fact, no stipulations whatsoever. Didn’t even mention Burgeron.

Zero credibility going forward.

He has broken exactly zero news that hasn’t already been reported.
The tweet is now deleted hahahahahaha.

Too perfect.

He also said to “expect a committ shortly after” Durogrodon visited. That obviously didn’t happen.

Less than zero credibility as a reporter now.
1 x
Go Rhody
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
RIFan wrote: 2 years ago I know. They really got it wrong. Heads must have rolled!

No, I think he sees the interviews as too slow of a method to building a following so he dabbled somewhere where he shouldn't have. What gets me is him deleting tweets when he's wrong like he's trying to rewrite history. Dude, just own up to it and don't pretend it didn't happen. Screenshots and the internet live forever. He veered from his lane, got burned, then tried to cover the evidence.
Just to play devil's advocate there is another explanation for deleting a tweet once you know it is incorrect and that is to not misinform additional people who could read it later.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

He tweeted this out as a fact, no stipulations whatsoever. Didn’t even mention Burgeron.

Too perfect.

He also said to “expect a committ shortly after” Durogrodon visited. That obviously didn’t happen.

People on this board said Durogordon commitment was imminent fwiw
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Too perfect.

I guess he is out of the running for a position at the Rhody 15 Journal.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago

Too perfect.

I’m definitely not the only one who feels the way I do about his way of “reporting” and thinking he’s some sort of secret insider who has scoops before anyone else.

Stick to the bread and butter of promoting the program and past players.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good for RV , takes a lot to say that he messed up publicly and learned a big time lesson big props to him
5 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Too perfect.

I’m definitely not the only one who feels the way I do about his way of “reporting” and thinking he’s some sort of secret insider who has scoops before anyone else.

He certainly triggers you
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
Good for RV , takes a lot to say that he messed up publicly and learned a big time lesson big props to him
Agree Reef, I’m expecting the pleasure I experienced whilst reading the comments in this ridiculous thread will sadly end…
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Lol okay I think it might be time to hang this thread up. Was some good entertainment that is forsure. 6 pages.

Brayon a great get for us 2 pages. Lol
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Damn people went for a loop on this one. Maybe just wait for one of the national folks to break news.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

He certainly triggers you

GoLocalProv seems to trigger others here (and me) with their way of reporting as well throughout the years.

It’s just not the way to go about things, in my opinion.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looks like Tony is having a hard time using Tre to get himself a college gig.

2 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Looks like Tony is having a hard time using Tre to get himself a college gig.

Bergeron…what a shit show.
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

He’s a clown show

Has any info about visits etc w tre emerge yet ?

For all I know RV is correct

(This should ramp up this thread)
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

What happened to the good ole days when I was singing and firing up the bases and triggering everyone ?!?

This site has been a snooze fest lately

LET ECR SING
LET ECR SING
LET ECR SING
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago He’s a clown show

Has any info about visits etc w tre emerge yet ?

For all I know RV is correct

(This should ramp up this thread)
He’s not lol, let this thread die
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

And I assume the singing !!!!??!!

song sung blue …

Oh wait .. I can’t :((((((

Weeping like a willow…

Oh fuck it I am going to sing

I think the mods are Zzz and I can sneak one in later
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Sneak one in now...please....zzzzzzzz.......................
(Altho....zzz has been good for stealth signings - love those)
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rumor in the replies here is that Tre is headed to West Virginia.

0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Mountaineer Paul might need to clean his glasses.

28 a game at UMass?
Attachments
26FF7A2A-AE25-4607-80D2-CFEAA85BC024.jpeg
0 x
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Mountaineer Paul might need to clean his glasses.

28 a game at UMass?
Yeah, he must have meant 18. The replies to the parent tweet posted here are a wild ride. This Paul guy is all in on Tre and others are mocking him basically saying Tre is a bum and won't help WVU. Delusional fans with out-sized view on the state of their program isn't exclusive to URI. For a team that spent all of last year getting out-rebounded by their opponents, some of their fans sure are nuts for not being excited about adding a talented big.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Huggie won't take crap from Mitchell or Bergeron
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Thank goodness this ridiculous thread can end. If only it could disappear completely…
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!