‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Nebraska)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: ‘20 MD Elijah Wood (Rhode Island Commit)

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Slim wrote: 4 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago The biggest question: how will he handle adversity
He hasn't done it well to this point. 4 HS and 6 AAU teams since 9th grade. Good luck with that. lol. These are only FACTS I post.
You’ve said the same thing in every post. We get it.
3 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Slim, it sounds like you are on the defensive and taking things personal, not other posters.

You sound like a broken record every post with ur 4 HS and 6 AAU, to DC’s point we get it. Ur not high on the kid, ok cool. You ending ur last post with LOL good luck with that is taking things personal. Ur posts throughout the thread are claiming ur a better evaluator with talent then Cox is.

I’m def with the other posters and excited to lock this kid down and see how he develops, and I def trust Cox. I get having concerns and having opinions, when u start slinging condescending remarks (LOL, good luck with that) grow up man

I’m excited that the staff can leverage a 4* to hopefully grab miles or another solid recruit.

Keep firing away with ur repetitive posts, maybe just copy/paste to save time, but most here think it’s getting old
2 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

He hasn't done it well to this point. 4 HS and 6 AAU teams since 9th grade. Good luck with that. lol. These are only FACTS I post.
You stated your opinion on the kid a long time ago now. You made your points. It's time to let it go and move on. He's committed to URI and only when he plays here will we know how good he is.

If you don't like his talent or skill, that's your thing, but I don't think you should keep coming on here and talking trash about him either. Whether he's overrated or underrated he's our recruit and
I'm pulling for him to improve just like every other kid who pulls on that Rhode Island jersey.
4 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

reckless jake wrote: 4 years ago
You stated your opinion on the kid a long time ago now. You made your points. It's time to let it go and move on. He's committed to URI and only when he plays here will we know how good he is.

If you don't like his talent or skill, that's your thing, but I don't think you should keep coming on here and talking trash about him either. Whether he's overrated or underrated he's our recruit and
I'm pulling for him to improve just like every other kid who pulls on that Rhode Island jersey.
Fair enough.. I'll move on no worries. Good luck. I didn't trash him. I'm only speaking FACTS!!! Good luck to him.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t know the details on Wood. I don’t like the jumping around. I think stating 4 HS is a little misleading when he didn’t play at some of them. It is my understanding that he played for BCC High School the last two high school seasons and will play his Sr year there as well. So three high school seasons at one school.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He played at St. Andrew’s Episcopal and BCC. Attempted a transfer and didn’t. He should’ve stayed at St Andrew’s
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

No skill 😳

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83, that middle video isn’t even him. Lol
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I don’t know the details on Wood. I don’t like the jumping around. I think stating 4 HS is a little misleading when he didn’t play at some of them. It is my understanding that he played for BCC High School the last two high school seasons and will play his Sr year there as well. So three high school seasons at one school.
Right you don't know. I said I let it go, but you keep talking. The kid went to 4 HS in 3years, and 6 AAU teams in that same time frame. He really had no choice but to go back to BCC after Sunrise didn't workout. The word was out he wasn't as good as the hype. He then went back to public school and had awful year. He was not top 10 kid in that small area. The best 2019 kid Committed to Delaware and there were two really good Sophomores that have chance to be special. Wood decided not to play when they had the match up with those Sophs like he decided not to play AAU anymore. SMH..

If you want let it go and stop talking cause you said you didn't know details then great, but if you want keep talking that's fine too. Your call.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago No skill 😳

The middle one is not Wood.. LOL.. Go to whole game then come back with opinion.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

nice pickup Coach !
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 4 years ago Slim, it sounds like you are on the defensive and taking things personal, not other posters.

You sound like a broken record every post with ur 4 HS and 6 AAU, to DC’s point we get it. Ur not high on the kid, ok cool. You ending ur last post with LOL good luck with that is taking things personal. Ur posts throughout the thread are claiming ur a better evaluator with talent then Cox is.

I’m def with the other posters and excited to lock this kid down and see how he develops, and I def trust Cox. I get having concerns and having opinions, when u start slinging condescending remarks (LOL, good luck with that) grow up man

I’m excited that the staff can leverage a 4* to hopefully grab miles or another solid recruit.

Keep firing away with ur repetitive posts, maybe just copy/paste to save time, but most here think it’s getting old
Thanks maybe i'll do that. Great Idea! Appreciate it .
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I don’t know the details on Wood. I don’t like the jumping around. I think stating 4 HS is a little misleading when he didn’t play at some of them. It is my understanding that he played for BCC High School the last two high school seasons and will play his Sr year there as well. So three high school seasons at one school.
Right you don't know. I said I let it go, but you keep talking. The kid went to 4 HS in 3years, and 6 AAU teams in that same time frame. He really had no choice but to go back to BCC after Sunrise didn't workout. The word was out he wasn't as good as the hype. He then went back to public school and had awful year. He was not top 10 kid in that small area. The best 2019 kid Committed to Delaware and there were two really good Sophomores that have chance to be special. Wood decided not to play when they had the match up with those Sophs like he decided not to play AAU anymore. SMH..

If you want let it go and stop talking cause you said you didn't know details then great, but if you want keep talking that's fine too. Your call.
It’s starting to sound a bit like a vendetta. We all heard you Slim, and clearly no one cares about your POV anymore. You’re starting to come off as a troll. We get it, you don’t like him, he’s all hype, he went to 86 High schools and 122 AAU teams. Did I miss anything? Jesus....

On another note, summer league play begins for Elijah’s school team, so we will see how he does. They are playing in the most competitive summer league in the DMV area, chock full of WCAC schools.
Last edited by DC_Rams 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Well, well, well....
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

It’s starting to sound a bit like a vendetta. We all heard you Slim, and clearly no one cares about your POV anymore. You’re starting to come off as a troll. We get it, you don’t like him, he’s all hype, he went to 86 High schools and 122 AAU teams. Did I miss anything? Jesus....

On another note, summer league play begins for Elijah’s school team, so we will see how he does. They are playing in the most competitive summer league in the area, chock full of WCAC schools.
YES i'm troll. Call me whatever you like, but it doesn't bother me at all. lol. I'm A10 fan.

The Summer Leg counts, but the HS/AAU season don't.. Got it thanks for clearing it up for me. Thank-You.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 posted videos to share. He’s also a URI fan. Slim has to stake in this other than to talk negatively about the kid non-stop. Even I have come off that bit.

Not saying non URI fans can’t have an opinion, but at some point, you have to make ANOTHER point, instead of regurgitating the same crap, ad nauseum.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Posting videos of our newest committed recruit is trolling?
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

https://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2018/ ... t-virginia

Good article about wood. Granted it is from his sophmore season. A PG who looks to distribute before scoring isnt a bad thing for a young college ball player. Just look at Jeff by the end of his freshman year he was running the offense with some phenomenal seniors to distribute to.
0 x
Rhody4Life
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody4Life »

On another note, summer league play begins for Elijah’s school team, so we will see how he does. They are playing in the most competitive summer league in the area, chock full of WCAC schools.
YES i'm troll. Call me whatever you like, but it doesn't bother me at all. lol. I'm A10 fan.

The Summer Leg counts, but the HS/AAU season don't.. Got it thanks for clearing it up for me. Thank-You.
He never said "the HS/AAU season" doesn't count. You're completely straw manning his argument just to be combative. Try again.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody4Life wrote: 4 years ago

He never said "the HS/AAU season" doesn't count. You're completely straw manning his argument just to be combative. Try again.
Exactly. It’s like having a conversation with a toddler.
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 4 years ago Slim, it sounds like you are on the defensive and taking things personal, not other posters.

Thanks maybe i'll do that. Great Idea! Appreciate it .
https://i.imgflip.com/wkv0t.jpg
0 x
Rhody4Life
Abdul Fox

Rhody4Life wrote: 4 years ago

Exactly. It’s like having a conversation with a toddler.
I know, I don't post too often, but I just had to say something. It was getting a bit ridiculous. And he wonders why everyone is calling him a troll...
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

ramster that's Bull Shit!! 83 has every right to and it's completely appropriate to post in support of this awesome commitment! And Slim can go eat a bag of elbows! he's posted the same nonsense crap 50x. We fucking get it! It's not even the point. The real issue is Slim is not a fan and he's shitting all over this kids thread. I don't care if you have your doubts about the rankings or the kids talent etc. any fan of the program gets that it's a huge commitment and that's enough to get excited about. Buthead Skim needs to tell us all ad nauseam how the kids not that good blah blah blah and you are here supporting his behavior, shame on you ramster.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago Great news to have a 4 star locked in early for ‘20. Props to the coaching staff. Welcome Froto.
Frodo
0 x
Rhody4Life
Abdul Fox

While the skepticism about this kid may be absolutely fair, based on his moving around a bit and the level of competition he is playing against... I do really like this kid's defensive prowess and supposed pass first mentality. Looks to be a very solid replacement for JD in my opinion, and he'll have a year to play with Fatts and Sheppard to get up to speed with the college game.

And can't underestimate the press of him being a 4 star. Hopefully that only helps other prospects wanting to come here, would love to ink Miles when he comes to visit. What a backcourt that could be...
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

This argument is stupid. He’s coming; we’ll know if he was worth it when he starts playing for us.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

slim - dissenting opinions are welcome here, especially if you have first hand knowledge of a player or a team that the rest of us are discussing based on second hand reports. But honestly I’m not sure that you needed to make more than one post in this thread in order to add your “facts” to the conversation. Not discounting what you’re saying and appreciate the perspective, but after a certain number of times repeating the same thing it gives the impression that it is personal and you’re going after the kid. A neutral observer with an honest opinion wouldn’t feel the need to spam the board with that opinion. You’re welcome to participate and contribute to the conversations here, especially as they pertain to DMV prep hoops and players coming out of that world, but I think you can move on from Wood’s thread barring any new insights you come up with in the future. Your opinion has been duly noted here.

(Before you come back saying it’s not personal just FACTS, I’ll save you the trouble - consider it already said my man.)
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago slim - dissenting opinions are welcome here, especially if you have first hand knowledge of a player or a team that the rest of us are discussing based on second hand reports. But honestly I’m not sure that you needed to make more than one post in this thread in order to add your “facts” to the conversation. Not discounting what you’re saying and appreciate the perspective, but after a certain number of times repeating the same thing it gives the impression that it is personal and you’re going after the kid. A neutral observer with an honest opinion wouldn’t feel the need to spam the board with that opinion. You’re welcome to participate and contribute to the conversations here, especially as they pertain to DMV prep hoops and players coming out of that world, but I think you can move on from Wood’s thread barring any new insights you come up with in the future. Your opinion has been duly noted here.

(Before you come back saying it’s not personal just FACTS, I’ll save you the trouble - consider it already said my man.)

Lolol. No problem. Thanks for letting me know.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I'd say that Slim has been kind of shady in this thread, but who am I to say.
3 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Shinze88 wrote: 4 years ago I'd say that Slim has been kind of shady in this thread, but who am I to say.

Shady. Lol
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Shinze88 wrote: 4 years ago I'd say that Slim has been kind of shady in this thread, but who am I to say.
If only the real one would please stand up (please stand up).
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Wood with 36 tonight and the shot and buzzer to win against Landon.
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

36 points, 7 boards, 4 assists and only 1 turnover. And the game winner in OT. Not bad.
Last edited by reckless jake 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

But he still can't make FT's. LOL.

Seriously, those numbers are pretty good. Yeah it's one game, but the kid can play.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

My reason for posting the videos and recent high school play was to share information with KBers who recently had interest in this thread. I felt they had read a lot of negativity and wanted them to see video. I realize you can make players look good in highlight videos. I felt after watching these videos that Elijah has some talent. It wasn’t a response to Slim.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Tough shot, excellent numbers, good competition. I'm convinced
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

nice post game interview with Elijah including comments on his commitment. Landon is also a solid team.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago

nice post game interview with Elijah including comments on his commitment. Landon is also a solid team.
Landon defeated Mekhi Long’s team last year.
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Roz wrote: 4 years ago
SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago Great news to have a 4 star locked in early for ‘20. Props to the coaching staff. Welcome Froto.
Frodo
Whoops. My bad.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago My reason for posting the videos and recent high school play was to share information with KBers who recently had interest in this thread. I felt they had read a lot of negativity and wanted them to see video. I realize you can make players look good in highlight videos. I felt after watching these videos that Elijah has some talent. It wasn’t a response to Slim.
Don't worry 83, everyone knew that except skim and ramster.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, I assume this game tonight was against good competition?
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Does this mean we can nick name him "the hobbit"? We have a guy nick named "Fatts" (Daron) that's a small & thin. Now we have the one and only Elijah Wood; a tall guy...aka: "the hobbit?"...haha. :lol:
Really bummed we didn't get Jacob Toppin's brother...just for the nick names we could've had. His brother could've be "Obi-wan". jk.
1 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams,
When it says BCC knocks off Landon is that because this is basically his High School Team playing summer league ball? Just wondering why is says BCC in the comments instead of Barons.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams,
In looking further Barons is the BCC HS. So this appears to be his HS Team playing in a summer league
Just trying to determine the level of competition for perspective
D2D2B73C-915B-4FE2-A9F8-F2A3BDD67516.png
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Yes it is BCC. Due to state rules, teams will typically compete with their name of the mascot, as the team doesn't technically represent their high school.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thanks Bos8
Are these teams basically representative of their High School Rosters?
Or is this a higher level of All Star type players? It looks like high school’s playing high schools. How is this level of competition?

https://www.capitolhoopssummerleague.co ... eams-2019-
0 x