2017-18 Bracketology

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
collegehoopsjunky

Re: 2017-18 Bracketology

Unread post by collegehoopsjunky »

Blue Man wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
I guess I missed the part where we were a 1 seed playing a 16. If we're as terrible as a lot of people all of a sudden think we are, wouldn't we have lost the first round game anyway?

NCAA tournament is about 2 things: draws and depth.

You can't control the draw. You could get lucky as an 11 seed and play a way overseeded 6. You could get screwed as a 5 and play a way underseeded 12.

You can control your depth. Starting lineup differences in college basketball are razor thin. The difference between the elites and the have-nots is when the subs come in. Sorry but I'll take jarvis garrett coming in as my "back-up" point guard, and cyril langevine coming in as my "back-up" big man over anyone else's 2nd unit in the country. I don't think our seed matters to that account.

I think we're a 2nd weekend team whether we're a 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 seed. I've thought that since pre-season, thought that through OOC play without EC, and then pretty much confirmed it by mid-February. A lot of that still depends on the draw. I love us against Virginia or Nova. I don't against Kansas or Xavier.

Just like last year, I thought we were an NCAA team pre-season, thought that through OOC play, and still thought we were good enough to win-out the A10 tourney. Certainly didn't call us being undefeated post-Fordham, but still thought we were good enough to dance and win a game.

If anyone needed to wait until Friday night to decide how good of a team we are, I don't know what to tell you.

so BM...you have no concern that Jarvis is scoreless in his last 4 games? that EC had an 0-5 at the line against LaSalle and missed a big one vs. Davidson? Or that his 3 point attempts aren't just missing...they are missing badly...and really for most of the year? or that Fatts' shooting percentage has been woeful? or that Andre seems to have put on some weight and appears much slower than at the start of the year? these aren't 2 game trends. this has been going on for a bit...it's just that they've been more glaring in the last 2 games because we've lost. so yes...some here are a bit less optimistic than you. doesn't make us bad people. doesn't mean we love to be miserable. doesn't mean we aren't still rooting and hoping for a run in the dance...
No, no, not really, and I would if he was our only option at center.

Jarvis affects the games in ways that aren't scoring related, so that doesn't worry me. Senior PG with big game experience going up against another team's 2nd unit.

EC has had a career of hot-and-cold, and after his cold streaks comes games where he takes over and dominates. He's going to be 3rd or 4th in scoring all-time at URI. I'll ride with him any day of the week.

Fatts is a freshman who will make freshman mistakes and have freshman inconsistencies. Seeing as how he's 3rd off the bench, I really don't need him to be shooting at a high percentage. The scouting report on him will say he's capable of scoring double digits just as likely as he is going 0-fer. He still is one of the better ballhandlers and on-ball defenders other teams will face. If the 8th guy in your rotation is an inconsistent scorer but consistently good defender and ball-handler, your team is probably really really good.

Langevine has re-emerged to who we all thought he was and takes a lion's share of the minutes now. Dre is a great kick starter to score points early in halves and generate offense from the inside. If we're depending on him for low-post defense it means we have much bigger problems to worry about; like a perimeter defensive breakdown (what's supposed to be our strength), or worse, a langevine injury or foul trouble.

Certainly not saying anyone is a bad person because they choose to only focus on the most negative aspects of what they view as entertainment that they've chosen of their own free will. Personally, if I only found negative things to look at in the thing meant to distract me from my day-to-day, I would probably find another entertainment pursuit, but that's me.

I certainly don't think anyone on here isn't rooting for a long run in the dance, just like I don't think anyone who gets on a plane isn't rooting for a safe landing at their destination. I just don't understand how people can't see the forest for the trees. If my tone comes off as harsh to any, it comes from a place of frustration and love.

I really don't understand how or why, with all that we've been through as a fanbase, that anyone would willingly choose to only see the negative in all the good that we're doing. That 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago - even 3 years ago - we'd all do UNSPEAKABLE things to be sitting at #25 in the country after SEVEN WEEKS in the top 25, with a 23-6 record, #1 in the conference, and a lock for an at-large bid.

I hate that anyone can't enjoy this like some of us can. So me trying to jostle any of you out of this funk and just enjoy the ride isn't coming from anger, it's coming from compassion.

For the love of GOD everyone just get on board and enjoy the damn ride. Critiques and rain storms can happen AFTER the season. Let's just enjoy what we literally had to wait almost 2 decades to get.
Great great post. No one I would be happier for than you if URI makes that dream run.

Good luck,

Sincerely
1 x
collegehoopsjunky

Unread post by collegehoopsjunky »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I'm a big fan of conference tournaments. They're very fun to watch. All of them.

IDK why fans would want to cut something out to ensure the Dance seat. It gives you less to watch and enjoy. Some of the most fun performances to watch have come in a conference tournament.
Agree 100%.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote:The great thing about conference tournaments is that they’re a microcosm of the NCAAT.

The beauty of the tournament is that the “best” or “most deserving” or “most qualified” team wins.

It’s the team that just catches the perfect amount of fire, luck, and good fortune wrapped around talent and coaching.

Of course it’s “ridiculous” that a team could go 0-31 then win 5 games and get an invite to the NCAA tournament. It’s as “ridiculous as the fact that all a team has to do is win 7 random games at the end of the year and they’re national champions no matter what happened before that.

The more of that stuff the better. Don’t change a damn thing. This is the best part of sports.
The thing I don't get about the argument that the conference tournament devalues the regular season too much is...who cares, and why? Why is the regular season sacrosanct?

Conference tournaments have existed for a long time, and I haven't seen any evidence of teams just mailing it in over the course of 4 months waiting to turn it on for the conference tourney. It hasn't had any effect on the quality of the regular season.

For the teams that really matter, the regular season still is important because that is how you build an at-large resume. And in small conferences the teams want to win their league, and getting a good seed for the bonus chance to go to the tournament is a nice reward (or consolation prize).

That every program in the country has a mathematical chance (however unlikely) to go to the big dance until they lose their last game of the season, no matter what came before that, is one of the coolest things about the sport. Theoretically, every team is alive to win the freaking national championship many many months after they would've been eliminated in any other sport. Personally, I think that is awesome and I don't care nearly enough about the long, boring regular season to give that up.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I like the conf tourneys the way they are now

Only thing I dislike are teams that dance with sub 500 conf records I just don't like it at all !!
0 x
KMar970
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KMar970 »

lost power friday night still running on generator--gimme the 7 seed if we win out--10 seed if we lose even though that 1998 nostalgia 8/9 Kansas win might bring back memories for some---can do damage as a 7 or 10 if they get their minds n potential nba draft statues right....hmmmmm terrell
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I always respect and really want to win the regular season title. It is consistent greatness. I also always wanted to win the tournament. That hasn't changed.

The tournament winner/winners tend to be the teams on a mission (URI 2017). How exciting was that?!

This year we won the regular title and that puts us on course to arguably take the conference over. The regular season winner is consistently in the headlines and in everybodys heads.

They are just two different things. Both fun/exciting and important.

The 1 bid leagues playing on their home floor makes those games exciting.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

My consensus from seeing multiple brackets is that Rhody is an 8 seed. Does that change if we lose another game in the conference tourney?
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If we lose Friday or Saturday it would be another bad loss.....we would likely drop a seed line or two, to a 9 or 10.

If we lose Sunday we probably stay an 8.

Win it all and we move up to a 7 imo.....

But you really never know for sure until next Sunday at 6.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rambone 78 wrote:If we lose Friday or Saturday it would be another bad loss.....we would likely drop a seed line or two, to a 9 or 10.

If we lose Sunday we probably stay an 8.

Win it all and we move up to a 7 imo.....

But you really never know for sure until next Sunday at 6.
I think this is pretty fair. I'm not sure we drop to a 10 if we lose Saturday, but I guess maybe if we lose Friday I could see it. I do also think we could end up a 6 still if we beat the Bonnies in the finals.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Really though, it’s all about matchups.

Villanova/Xavier be a 1, Mich St a 2, and I think we all would rather be an 8/9 with a chance to play Villanova / X instead of a 10 playing Mich St.
0 x
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would like to get Xavier in the 2nd round if we end up an 8/9......of course that's getting a little ahead of ourselves....

We have to get back to playing our best, to get there. That remains to be seen, with the health of some of our players a question mark.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Where is the health issue coming from? I know you have posted this several times, but I haven't heard anything official.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

EC has hand and knee issues, don't know how severe it is.....Cyril with his ongoing hernia flareups, and of course Jarvis with his latest bout with colitis.

All 3 are not 100%. It's especially obvious with JG....we need his defense and shooting.

With these guys hurting, it's severely impacted our depth....it's also why it seems that JT has been trying to put the team on his back lately.

Since they are all playing, it's not discussed much....but it's there.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Those issues have been well known, but I thought they were over them, with the possible exception of Jarvis. I didn't realize the others were still lingering, especially Cyril.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Hernias don't go away, Cyril will likely need surgery after the season.

EC will be 100% at some point....but it might not be until after we're done playing, unfortunately.

And Jarvis will have his condition for the rest of his life, sad to say. Just hope that it doesn't bother him too often.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RAM67 wrote:Those issues have been well known, but I thought they were over them, with the possible exception of Jarvis. I didn't realize the others were still lingering, especially Cyril.
When the game starts, watch where Cyril goes. He doesn't go to the bench. He goes to the runway to ride the bike and stays there until he comes into the game, usually around the 15 minute mark. He's not 100%.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This morning's newest bracket:

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

We're an 8 seed in the East region taking on Oklahoma in Pittsburgh

St. Bonaventure is a 9 seed

Virginia is the overall number 1 seed
Seton Hall is a 7
Nevada is an 8
Providence is a 10
Charleston is a 14
Iona is a 15

Alabama is last in and has a play in game for a 12 seed
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would take that....

Cyril needs to keep the area loose, if it tightens up he's not effective.

I see a problem playing 3 games in 3 days with him though. Same for EC and JG too.

If Bonnies win the tourney and we lose before Sunday, they will be a 8 and we'll be a 10, most likely.

Their resume is actually quite close to ours now, they had their bad losses early. We don't need another one.

They also weren't totally healthy early [Adams] where we aren't now.....

They resemble us a little from last season. Coming on strong late.
Last edited by rambone 78 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

TruePoint wrote:
Blue Man wrote:The great thing about conference tournaments is that they’re a microcosm of the NCAAT.

The beauty of the tournament is that the “best” or “most deserving” or “most qualified” team wins.

It’s the team that just catches the perfect amount of fire, luck, and good fortune wrapped around talent and coaching.

Of course it’s “ridiculous” that a team could go 0-31 then win 5 games and get an invite to the NCAA tournament. It’s as “ridiculous as the fact that all a team has to do is win 7 random games at the end of the year and they’re national champions no matter what happened before that.

The more of that stuff the better. Don’t change a damn thing. This is the best part of sports.
The thing I don't get about the argument that the conference tournament devalues the regular season too much is...who cares, and why? Why is the regular season sacrosanct?

Conference tournaments have existed for a long time, and I haven't seen any evidence of teams just mailing it in over the course of 4 months waiting to turn it on for the conference tourney. It hasn't had any effect on the quality of the regular season.

For the teams that really matter, the regular season still is important because that is how you build an at-large resume. And in small conferences the teams want to win their league, and getting a good seed for the bonus chance to go to the tournament is a nice reward (or consolation prize).

That every program in the country has a mathematical chance (however unlikely) to go to the big dance until they lose their last game of the season, no matter what came before that, is one of the coolest things about the sport. Theoretically, every team is alive to win the freaking national championship many many months after they would've been eliminated in any other sport. Personally, I think that is awesome and I don't care nearly enough about the long, boring regular season to give that up.
Some true points, True Point. (Pun intended)

For the sake of message board discussion, I'll counter.

"Who cares" about the regular season? "Why is the regular season sacrosanct?" - By that argument, why even play a 27-game regular season? Just play a 3-4 game tourney in first week of March and call that the season. Don't even play what we call a schedule. What's the point? You're essentially calling it irrelevant by labeling it "long, boring regular season." (That label I would reserve for the NBA season.)

I'll dial it back for a second. So let's keep the regular season schedule. But if so, why should there even be conferences? Teams should just schedule 27 random opponents. URI could play Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Elon, Denver, UNH, Cal St.-Northridge, etc. instead of playing UMASS, Dayton, and others twice or at the least on a yearly basis. You get my drift.

"For the teams that really matter..." - I'm not sure what that means. What are the teams that really matter and the ones that don't?

I believe teams have 27-30 opportunities from roughly November to March 1st to make their case that they are NCAA tournament worthy. If team X stunk it up often enough (for example, Brown this year), then you don't get that "last chance." Team X (Brown) had plenty of chances already. That's why I like the college regular season. Those games should matter more than the tourney crapshoot. I admit, I watch many games on championship week. (What else is on?) But I do it knowing that the kids from Wagner just lost something that they deserved to have...more so than the kids from LIU.

To me, the coolest thing about college basketball (and sports) are the passions that are stirred within each fan base, the pride of players playing for their school, and the rivalries that never change. URI/PC is always there. Big Five rivalries. UNC/Duke, Purdue/Indiana, and smaller rivalries whether it's Princeton/Penn or Williams/Amherst. It's when those rivalries go away, like URI/UCONN, that upset alumni and fans. That's what we love about the game and that's what we miss when they're taken away. And that's why, even after years have gone by, we URI fans are still yearning for a renewal of a home-and-home with the Huskies no matter how good or bad UCONN is. Pride, passion, rivalry is why I love college sports and to a lesser degree high school sports. To see all that play out from November to March is what's so great.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks.
1 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
RAM67 wrote:Those issues have been well known, but I thought they were over them, with the possible exception of Jarvis. I didn't realize the others were still lingering, especially Cyril.
When the game starts, watch where Cyril goes. He doesn't go to the bench. He goes to the runway to ride the bike and stays there until he comes into the game, usually around the 15 minute mark. He's not 100%.
I have seen that.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

PMMM, things are actually trending in the opposite direction when it comes to conference importance.

The P5's want 20 game conference schedules, so they get even more opportunities for Q1 wins and the like.

Takes away from the mid majors' chances to get wins that matter come Selection Sunday.

They [P5's] would rather play each other all the time. Screw the little guys.

They are going to do what they want in the long run, and the NCAA is powerless to stop them.

It's the future, like it or not. URI is going to find it harder to Dance.....Dan will leave someday because of that.

Look at Archie Miller. He had a nice cushy 2 mil a year job with great facilities and fan support....but he left because he saw the future even at Dayton...and it's not good. Same for Shaka....Dan will follow sooner or later.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote:

The regular season is boring in large part because it's so meaningless. It's virtually meaningless for one bid conferences. If you don't win the conference tournament you don't go dancing. For bigger conferences, if you get hot in the tournament nothing else matters. That's why I'd prefer that teams aren't eligible for conference tournaments unless they have a winning record in conference. It makes the regular season more important, thus more interesting. It means some teams essentially start playing their tournament at the end so they can be eligible to play in the conference tournament, and you still have the actual tournaments, so you keep that excitement and have teams that can steal bids.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:This morning's newest bracket:

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

We're an 8 seed in the East region taking on Oklahoma in Pittsburgh

St. Bonaventure is a 9 seed

Virginia is the overall number 1 seed
Seton Hall is a 7
Nevada is an 8
Providence is a 10
Charleston is a 14
Iona is a 15

Alabama is last in and has a play in game for a 12 seed
This is like my fantasy NCAA tournament bracket. I don't love being an 8 after flirting with being as high as a 4 just a couple weeks ago, but if you give me the most fraudulent team in the country, Oklahoma, to open things up, then I get what I think is our best matchup among the top 8 teams in Villanova, and then if I can pull that off I have whatever comes out of Texas Tech/Ohio State/Syracuse/Alabama/Vermont to the Elite Eight? I mean, certainly no easy road and no guarantee (which don't exist in this tournament), I wouldn't be truly scared of an opponent until Michigan State with a chance to go the Final Four.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

rambone 78 wrote:PMMM, things are actually trending in the opposite direction when it comes to conference importance.

The P5's want 20 game conference schedules, so they get even more opportunities for Q1 wins and the like.

Takes away from the mid majors' chances to get wins that matter come Selection Sunday.

They are going to do what they want in the long run, and the NCAA is powerless to stop them.

It's the future, like it or not. URI is going to find it harder to Dance.....Dan will leave someday because of that.

Look at Archie Miller. He had a nice cushy 2 mil a year job with great facilities and fan support....but he left because he saw the future even at Dayton...and it's not good. Same for Shaka....Dan will follow sooner or later.
Very true. The Big Ten is turning to more conference games, from 18 to 20. This due partially to the fact that fans would rather see their team playing tow conference rivals (i.e. more competitive games) than have two non-competitive wins by scheduling cupcakes in the non-conference. I would imagine schools will be able to charge a few more dollars for those games and season ticket packages as well.

Due to this scheduling change, there will be less chances for smaller mid-majors to schedule games vs. the P5. Not sure how that will impact URI. They'll have to be really selective and informed in their scheduling.

I don't know about coaching futures. My crystal ball is broken.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:

The regular season is boring in large part because it's so meaningless. It's virtually meaningless for one bid conferences. If you don't win the conference tournament you don't go dancing. For bigger conferences, if you get hot in the tournament nothing else matters. That's why I'd prefer that teams aren't eligible for conference tournaments unless they have a winning record in conference. It makes the regular season more important, thus more interesting. It means some teams essentially start playing their tournament at the end so they can be eligible to play in the conference tournament, and you still have the actual tournaments, so you keep that excitement and have teams that can steal bids.
I don't like conference tourneys but I realize the toothpaste is out of the tube. So I would rather do what the Ivy League does which is only invite the top-4 teams. The MAC expanded years ago and at one point teams had to qualify for the conference tourney. (They have unfortunately done away with that.) So I would be in favor of some sort of qualifier for conference tournament, whether it's .500 or above or team's place in the standings:

Top 8 in a league of 12+ team. (Big Ten, Pac 12, ACC, SEC, etc.) straight 8 team bracket
Top 6 in a league of 10+ teams (Horizon, Big 12, Big East, etc.) Top 2 teams get byes
Top 4 in a league of 9 teams or less. (Ivy, Atlantic Sun, Summit, America East, etc.) Higher seeds get home court
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I like this idea but of course it will never happen.

Too much money to be made the way things are now.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:PMMM, things are actually trending in the opposite direction when it comes to conference importance.

Very true. The Big Ten is turning to more conference games, from 18 to 20. This due partially to the fact that fans would rather see their team playing tow conference rivals (i.e. more competitive games) than have two non-competitive wins by scheduling cupcakes in the non-conference. I would imagine schools will be able to charge a few more dollars for those games and season ticket packages as well.

Due to this scheduling change, there will be less chances for smaller mid-majors to schedule games vs. the P5. Not sure how that will impact URI. They'll have to be really selective and informed in their scheduling.

A lot of what is driving the longer Big Ten conference schedule is tv. They own their own network and want more content. The ACC is going the same route in 2019-20 with the new ACC Network a motivating factor. The PAC-12 has no current plans to go to 20 but is studying the possibility.

With many P-5 leagues increasing the number of conference games, it means there are less OOC games to schedule. This is bad news for schools in other leagues as it will likely mean fewer opportunities to register high profile wins. This will unfortunately mean even less NCAA at alrge bids for non P-5 leagues going forward. Leagues just below the P-5 such as the A-10, MWC, AAC, and BE will need to partner up with one another for OOC scheduling.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The BE will probably add an 11th member so they can go to 20 games too.

Lot of debate on who that will be.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

RF1 wrote:
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:

A lot of what is driving the longer Big Ten conference schedule is tv. They own their own network and want more content. The ACC is going the same route in 2019-20 with the new ACC Network a motivating factor. The PAC-12 has no current plans to go to 20 but is studying the possibility.

With many P-5 leagues increasing the number of conference games, it means there are less OOC games to schedule. This is bad news for schools in other leagues as it will likely mean fewer opportunities to register high profile wins. This will unfortunately mean even less NCAA at alrge bids for non P-5 leagues going forward. Leagues just below the P-5 such as the A-10, MWC, AAC, and BE will need to partner up with one another for OOC scheduling.
This is terrible for the NCAA.
0 x
GO RAMS
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

It's a multi-faceted issue. I wouldn't paint it with a broad brush as all good or all bad.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Seems premature no?
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

That small subset involves the last 8 teams in and the first 8 teams out, I would think.

The only small worry for us imo is if somebody like St. Joes steals a bid? We should still be good though.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote:Seems premature no?
Not really. 95% of the hay is in the barn. If you read the interview Rasmussen did with CBS that blueram posted a few days ago, the committee is not as moved by the last couple games of the season as fans seem to believe.

I think this gives lie to the idea that I’ve seen posted here that URI could end up anywhere from 6 to 11 depending on whether they win 0, 1, 2 or 3 games this weekend. I think we probably could move up a line if we win the tournament, and possibly could move down a line if we lose tomorrow. If we lose Saturday or Sunday, we probably stay where we are, which I’d guess is a weak 7 or strong 8.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If the committee watched the Davidson game, I would think they could see that ending as more or less of a fluke, because it sure was.

Yeah moving from a 6 to 11 depending on this weekend is way too much of a variance. We are probably locked into a 7 to 9 like TP said....but it all depends on where they see us to begin with.

The key here is that everyone has us above the bubble, where if we were on the bubble, a loss tomorrow could screw us.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I am thinking if we win the tournament then a high 7 seed outside shot at 6 if not then could be in that 8 v 9 game
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

I'm with you guys on the same thinking of where we will land depending on how the A10 plays out - prob 7-10 with a outside shot at 6 depending on some others teams in the same area as us (6-9 seeds)

Hope the guys make it easier on themselves this week and in the words of Jake Taylor...

4 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Several teams projected to be in and around URI's projected seed have been knocked out of tournaments today - Creighton, Missouri, and Texas A&M. If URI can register a few wins, it has the chance to better its seed position.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

So it is Pittsburg?????
0 x
GO RAMS
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

I think winning today puts them at an 8. Win tomorrow & move to a 7. Win the A10 & a 6.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

J Palm has Uri as a 7 as of this afternoon.
0 x
GO RAMS
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

With Duke lerking in the round of 32. I hate Duke.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What are the chances we play in Charlotte??
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh we should pull for X to lose and Duke to get a 1 seed
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

With the Auburn Tigers loss to Alabama today coupled with Kentucky beating Georgia, URI jumps over Auburn to the #15 ranking in the RPI. it is just a fraction ahead in the RPI rating which means the outcomes in other games (opponents SOS factor) not involving them could cause some fluctuation.

Screenshot-2018-3-9 Live-RPI com.png

Live RPI Link:
http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I’ll take another crack at Duke

We owe those guys huge.....
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Just watch.....if Duke gets a 1 seed, we'll get an 8 or 9 in their bracket.....

OR......they get a 2 seed, and we get a 7 in their bracket.....can't win either way.

We need a 6 or 11....and since we're not getting an 11, might as well win the tourney and get a 6. Hopefully.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Don't look now, but what if we're a 7 and PC is a 10?

Us against them, with the winner getting 2 seed Cincinnati in the South Region.

It could......happen
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think the committee doesn't do rematch of regular season games that were played in the 1st round ??
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

You might be right reef.

The Bracket Matrix has us as the top 8 seed, with today's game results not included.

Four clowns have us as an 11, with almost no one having us as a 10....and one really big fan has us as a 4 lol.......
0 x