NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: NY Giants

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Tale of two Joneses...

Giants: Deej... 14/20 119 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, Sacked 5x/-12 yds, rtg 85.2
Pats: MJ 12/22 110 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT. Sacked 2x/ -21 yds,rtg 30.5

See what happens when you don't cheap out and you pay that $40mil? You get less lost yardage on sacks and less interceptions. I mean...talk about value for money...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

is it a problem if, after 5 games, your QB leads the team in rushing with 173 (less than 35yds/gm)....and your leading receiver has 153 yds total receiving? (Asking for a friend)

ETA...to emphasize...AFTER 5 GAMES....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 6 months ago is it a problem if, after 5 games, your QB leads the team in rushing with 173 (less than 35yds/gm)....and your leading receiver has 153 yds total receiving? (Asking for a friend)

ETA...to emphasize...AFTER 5 GAMES....
Is this another form of "quiet quitting"?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

A couple upcoming home games to circle on your calendar:

Sunday Oct 29 Giants host Jets - scary. Get the Halloween masks out

Sunday Nov 26 Giants host Patriots - Turkey game
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Daboll 5 rings going up against mentor Belichick will be fun
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Except, if the pats don't win between now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if he was facing an interim coach.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’d be kind of surprised if it happens in season but I guess you never know , I do think he’s out end of season though
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Don't know where to put this, but I just saw the most un-Jets-like thing I have ever seen...
ETA: followed by 'very' Jets-like activity
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Good grief...the Giants should get an automatic 6-0 lead based on tonight's unis..... That, plus another 25 or so, should keep them in the game tonite
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jets and Giants to OT!!!!!!!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Welp, let's see if the Giants can complete the snatch of defeat from the jaws of victory here in OT.
I figured out how to stream it in the middle of the 3rd. Sooooo glad I missed as much as I did.
The Giants are like Army...45 passes, 5 rushes...but with Danny DeVito at QB...whaddya expect?

ETA...insert 🤮
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 6 months ago Welp, let's see if the Giants can complete the snatch of defeat from the jaws of victory here in OT.
I figured out how to stream it in the middle of the 3rd. Sooooo glad I missed as much as I did.
The Giants are like Army...45 passes, 5 rushes...but with Danny DeVito at QB...whaddya expect?

ETA...insert 🤮
I just don't know at this point. Under those conditions and circumstances, not sure there's any way to differentiate between just sucking, and sucking with purpose. This was next level sucketry if it wasn't intentional. Unfortunately, I don't think this team has it in them to grind out a solid 10 game losing skid to finish the season. Because of their total lack of consistency, look for two to four more wins and a middle of the 🤮 draft pick...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Oh well, at least they're making what seems like reasonable effort...

Giants TE Darren Waller, QB Tyrod Taylor hit IR, out 4 games

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/388 ... ir-4-games
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McDaniel's firing by Raiders

Then Raiders pound the NYGiants.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-mcdaniels ... p_deeplink
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Torn acl
Jones out for season
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Gmen, pulling out all the stops in the race to the bottom. Dive! Dive!! DIVE!!!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Giants and the Patsies 11/26 can’t wait !!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dallas favored over the hapless Giants by 17
Could get real ugly in Dallas tomorrow
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 months ago Dallas favored over the hapless Giants by 17
But at least it'll be on national TV!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Back to 'hapless'... You have to admit the Pats set a pretty high 'hapless' bar today, not just the spectacular haplessness with which they ended the game, but also with the sustained regular haplessness of the first 56 minutes. I think the Giants come out of this dinnertime drubbing by Dallas as still "less hapless" than New England
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
Back to 'hapless'... You have to admit the Pats set a pretty high 'hapless' bar today, not just the spectacular haplessness with which they ended the game, but also with the sustained regular haplessness of the first 56 minutes. I think the Giants come out of this dinnertime drubbing by Dallas as still "less hapless" than New England
Agree with you. I'd take the Giants hands down

A penny for Tom Brady's thoughts
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Hmmm not so sure about that, Dallas might drop 50

Both teams are unwatchable. Should be lots of free tix available at both ballparks last few games.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Well, well, well...looks like there might be a new King of the Hapless in town...and his name is NY Giants.
This is sucketry on a par with NE today for sure, if not even slightly more pathetic. I mean, the Pats D at least made the trip.

I have to watch the NE post gamer because I want to see those dudes lose their minds...
Will they call for Bill's head?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

They just can't do anything right...down to 3rd string QB and still rack up 31 points and add a nother detrimental victory. Good grief.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Beat Pats next please.

2-15 would be sweet!!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Giants only 3 games out of a playoff spot now
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So, both teams really hoping for a loss...who's gonna be the Biggest Loser on Sunday?
0 x
DuneClub
Abdul Fox

Unread post by DuneClub »

Pats are giving 3.5 pts. They probably deserve to be the favorites. But it won't matter if Jones has another game like a fortnight ago in Germany. They'll lose.
If QB keeps his wits about him I like them to win on a nice afternoon. Not what they need in Foxboro.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

DuneClub wrote: 5 months ago Pats are giving 3.5 pts. They probably deserve to be the favorites. But it won't matter if Jones has another game like a fortnight ago in Germany. They'll lose.
If QB keeps his wits about him I like them to win on a nice afternoon. Not what they need in Foxboro.
Go, Pats, go...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

2.5 games out now?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Everyone in the NFL has 4 wins now except
Pats 2
Cards 2
Panthers 1
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The Gmen...a 6.5 point home dog on Monday night. That was the first betting thing that ever stuck with me. Home dog, nationally televised..
Jints continue on course for a mid level draft pick and win this one outright. (oy)
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago The Gmen...a 6.5 point home dog on Monday night. That was the first betting thing that ever stuck with me. Home dog, nationally televised..
Jints continue on course for a mid level draft pick and win this one outright. (oy)
That’s a lot of points to give the Giants ! They may win outright !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago The Gmen...a 6.5 point home dog on Monday night. That was the first betting thing that ever stuck with me. Home dog, nationally televised..
That’s a lot of points to give the Giants ! They may win outright !
Yeah...just two games out of a playoff spot...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Now just one game out... unbelievable easy money.
Barkley, tried to fumble the game away, and I thought he did. And at that point, it's late and I'm at the "why the eff do I stay up to watch this ish" stage and wondering how long it's going to take a) for the Packers to nail down the win and b) how long to get to sleep after that - but the 🧀 heads just would not accept it.

What a game...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2 games left this season with the Eagles who have lost 2 straight.
Next game at New Orleans

Gonna be fun in New Orleans
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago 2 games left this season with the Eagles who have lost 2 straight.
Next game at New Orleans

Gonna be fun in New Orleans
91% chance of making the tourney if they win out..."slightly less" than 91% chance of beating Philly twice, but, hey, it's on the table
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'm a Packers fan and while I'm not that mad at that loss mainly b/c the Packers played like dog cr@p and really didn't deserve to win - that gift fumble late gave them the lead or it would have been at least 24-16 (probably 27-16) GMen with a few to play and I had no confidence that GB could march down the field to tie it. But really come on - how can you receive such a gift, then do a trick play on the 2 point conversion (the same trick play that was failing all night long with the lone exception of the first play of the game), then your defense let the giants simply walk into FG range?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 4 months ago I'm a Packers fan and while I'm not that mad at that loss mainly b/c the Packers played like dog cr@p and really didn't deserve to win - that gift fumble late gave them the lead or it would have been at least 24-16 (probably 27-16) GMen with a few to play and I had no confidence that GB could march down the field to tie it. But really come on - how can you receive such a gift, then do a trick play on the 2 point conversion (the same trick play that was failing all night long with the lone exception of the first play of the game), then your defense let the giants simply walk into FG range?
Lol. Have spent plenty of time on the other side of that coin
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Tommy Freaking DeVito what a story !
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Take the Jints to win outright again this week in NO. DeVito (and his 'looks like a TV crime family' family) is a story alright, but, my gosh, he stinks as a QB. When I'm watching, I just hope he a) doesn't fumble, or b) is able to get it to someone that can do something with it c) and please, please, please...if you do throw it, please don't throw it to the other team. (It's a different way to watch f'ball, fer sure)

But, now that they've won these last 3, totally sabotages a high (QB??) draft pick and looks like they'll be stuck with Deej for the foreseeable future.

Anyhoo, take the NFL's gift to Seattle as well (from home team that needs a win to stay in the hunt, in a mush of games no one cares about, to a juiced up home dog on Monday night crowd)... The Gmen need Philly to win, but this makes it a lot tougher. Thanks for nothing, schedule flexers.

Either way on that game, if the Giants win this week and are still considered 'in it', that sets up what could be a fun time the next week, at Philly, on Christmas at 430 - in an 'only game on' spot. Much potential for mayhem there with a festive holiday crowd, probably booing Santa just to stay in shape...you almost kinda hope it snows there (there, not here)...a lot
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Take the Jints to win outright again this week in NO. DeVito (and his 'looks like a TV crime family' family) is a story alright, but, my gosh, he stinks as a QB. When I'm watching, I just hope he a) doesn't fumble, or b) is able to get it to someone that can do something with it c) and please, please, please...if you do throw it, please don't throw it to the other team. (It's a different way to watch f'ball, fer sure)

But, now that they've won these last 3, totally sabotages a high (QB??) draft pick and looks like they'll be stuck with Deej for the foreseeable future.

Anyhoo, take the NFL's gift to Seattle as well (from home team that needs a win to stay in the hunt, in a mush of games no one cares about, to a juiced up home dog on Monday night crowd)... The Gmen need Philly to win, but this makes it a lot tougher. Thanks for nothing, schedule flexers.

Either way on that game, if the Giants win this week and are still considered 'in it', that sets up what could be a fun time the next week, at Philly, on Christmas at 430 - in an 'only game on' spot. Much potential for mayhem there with a festive holiday crowd, probably booing Santa just to stay in shape...you almost kinda hope it snows there (there, not here)...a lot
Is Darren Waller playing ??
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 months ago Take the Jints to win outright again this week in NO. DeVito (and his 'looks like a TV crime family' family) is a story alright, but, my gosh, he stinks as a QB. When I'm watching, I just hope he a) doesn't fumble, or b) is able to get it to someone that can do something with it c) and please, please, please...if you do throw it, please don't throw it to the other team. (It's a different way to watch f'ball, fer sure)

Is Darren Waller playing ??
That's what I read yesterday
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Gmen up 3 on a 56 yarder. Tuned in just late, but...heard they had the benefit of a penalty in the fg drive.
Winning teams get those kinds of breaks, woo hoo!

ETA...but did they just lose their kicker? Are you freeking kidding me? When you suck this bad, you have to have a kicker to have a chance...although, I bet that Scottish hammer punter dude could boom one in a pinch

ETA again: nailed it. Actually looked he was trying to hold up from kicking it too far.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

My goodness...Tommy D is so bad at football
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Callout to rambone (or anyone else that's been sucked into this franchise long enough to know)... worse QB...Tommy Chicken Parm or Joe Pisarcik?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Will Brian Daboll go back to TyGod ??
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 4 months ago Will Brian Daboll go back to TyGod ??
almost made me spit out my crackers :lol: well done!

DJ has to be kinda laughing his butt off isn't he? They're out of 'we can mortgage the current for this guy right now" range in terms of QBs or even Harrison. Among things they'll do, you'd think...protect 'a' quarterback, and you're on the hook for a jitload w/deej next year, so he's going to at least get that.

I would just throw out there that, when a franchise is setting sack ("sackety sack, don't sack back" is a highly underrated commercial...have I not been watching football, or have they not been running it as much?) ) sack records...on offense...that's not usually going to track well with prolonged quarterback health.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Look for a big draft pick downgrade win for the gmen this weekend :roll:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago Look for a big draft pick downgrade win for the gmen this weekend :roll:
Snow, Rain, 4:30pm start
Could be ugly
0 x