NY Giants

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Re: NY Giants

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Giants look pretty good so far. Having the leading rusher helps for sure.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They have a tough one tomorrow v GB I’m thinking they lose a close one
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago They have a tough one tomorrow v GB I’m thinking they lose a close one
Remember Reef the game is at 9:30am EDT since it is being played in London
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice win for u guys impressive!!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Nice win for u guys impressive!!
Giants host Baltimore next Sunday.

Brady got a huge break Sunday
Falcons came from down 21-0 entering 4th Q. Closed to 21-15 as Arthur Smith went for gutsy 2 pt conversion.

On 3rd down Grady Jarrett wrapped up Brady for a sack with 3 minutes left in the game. Refs called roughing the passer after Brady complained. Lots of complaints about that call.

Game over. Would have loved to see what might have been with another Falcon possession. Ref ended that.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

The Giants prior to this season would never have come back from that deficit.
Their attitude is so much different now, Daboll and his staff seem to have them fired up.

Also, they were without almost all their receivers: Shepard (out for the season), Golladay, Toney, and rookie Robinson. Slayton was basically resurrected from the dead.

The Giants still have so many question marks, so I don't expect this run to last.
But it is sure fun for now.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Next week Baltimore at NY on Sunday at 1pm
Then Dallas at Philadelphia Sunday Night!!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Giants host Baltimore next Sunday.

Brady got a huge break Sunday
Falcons came from down 21-0 entering 4th Q. Closed to 21-15 as Arthur Smith went for gutsy 2 pt conversion.

On 3rd down Grady Jarrett wrapped up Brady for a sack with 3 minutes left in the game. Refs called roughing the passer after Brady complained. Lots of complaints about that call.

Game over. Would have loved to see what might have been with another Falcon possession. Ref ended that.
Bonus roughing the passer call just bogus !!
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

The Giants 5-1 baby.
1 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago The Giants 5-1 baby.
Congrats. NYG having an outstanding year so far. I feel they will end up factoring in for the NFC East at season's end. I don't think Philly is going to win it.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Giants should take care of lions @ home
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

With 'not very good' teams (see Commanders/Giants), there's levels of suck that you just have to grind through. I am convinced that 'getting the calls/breaks/bounces - 4-6x year" - is one of those specific levels. It comes right about the time a not very good team starts to think in it's head that it can be above .500. You don't play great, but you're 'in' most games, but there's 4-6 plays or calls, half have happened, you're always waiting for the other half....that just don't go your way. And they're huge 50/50, or freak plays and the reason you lose.

Then, there's a game that you win that you had no business winning, and another....and then "the other team" actually muffs a punt and you win again, and then ....gulp...you actually win multiple "ref 50/50 calls." The Gmen crossed that threshold last night, with multiple huge breaks, that all won them the game....Daniel Jones looked like he fumbled. During the review, I texted a friend that the Jints are finding favor with the refs now, it will be their ball. And it was. Then, all of that pass interference at the end.... When you're not very good (sorry Commanders), that nonsense happens to you ALL THE TIME. Seen it on a repeat loop as a Jints fan. Been a not very good stretch for the Giants of late, but that was huge.

Go Gmen.

ETA: The Manningcast. Has me tuned into MNF roughly 9-12 times longer than I normally would, but paying 1/10th of the attention to the actual game. That's a very good tradeoff.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago With 'not very good' teams (see Commanders/Giants), there's levels of suck that you just have to grind through. I am convinced that 'getting the calls/breaks/bounces - 4-6x year" - is one of those specific levels. It comes right about the time a not very good team starts to think in it's head that it can be above .500. You don't play great, but you're 'in' most games, but there's 4-6 plays or calls, half have happened, you're always waiting for the other half....that just don't go your way. And they're huge 50/50, or freak plays and the reason you lose.

Then, there's a game that you win that you had no business winning, and another....and then "the other team" actually muffs a punt and you win again, and then ....gulp...you actually win multiple "ref 50/50 calls." The Gmen crossed that threshold last night, with multiple huge breaks, that all won them the game....Daniel Jones looked like he fumbled. During the review, I texted a friend that the Jints are finding favor with the refs now, it will be their ball. And it was. Then, all of that pass interference at the end.... When you're not very good (sorry Commanders), that nonsense happens to you ALL THE TIME. Seen it on a repeat loop as a Jints fan. Been a not very good stretch for the Giants of late, but that was huge.

Go Gmen.

ETA: The Manningcast. Has me tuned into MNF roughly 9-12 times longer than I normally would, but paying 1/10th of the attention to the actual game. That's a very good tradeoff.
I enjoy the manningcast as well , they crack me up and have good guests
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 year ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago With 'not very good' teams (see Commanders/Giants), there's levels of suck that you just have to grind through. I am convinced that 'getting the calls/breaks/bounces - 4-6x year" - is one of those specific levels. It comes right about the time a not very good team starts to think in it's head that it can be above .500. You don't play great, but you're 'in' most games, but there's 4-6 plays or calls, half have happened, you're always waiting for the other half....that just don't go your way. And they're huge 50/50, or freak plays and the reason you lose.

Go Gmen.

Loved when they had Bill Simmons on a few weeks ago
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
reef wrote: 1 year ago

Go Gmen.

Loved when they had Bill Simmons on a few weeks ago
Yeah that was great
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Gmen...after 5 consecutive seasons of double digi losses.........in the tourney! Waaahoolio!
DJ looks almost serviceable, but the Colt are really bad....
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Gmen...after 5 consecutive seasons of double digi losses.........in the tourney! Waaahoolio!
DJ looks almost serviceable, but the Colt are really bad....
Yep.
Last playoff appearance was in 2016.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

All you can ask for is to be entertained. 10 point lead with 2 minutes left in the first half (I'm guessing 3, at halftime). I'm entertained.
You can hardly tell the diff between DeeJ and Lamar Jackson.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago All you can ask for is to be entertained. 10 point lead with 2 minutes left in the first half (I'm guessing 3, at halftime). I'm entertained.
ETA...6:12 to go, up a TD...still entertained
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago All you can ask for is to be entertained. 10 point lead with 2 minutes left in the first half (I'm guessing 3, at halftime). I'm entertained.
Daboll is one hell of a coach, between what he did with Josh Allen and now this year with the Giants squad. I don't think they're a talent-rich squad, but he's wrung it out of them as best he can.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
Daboll is one hell of a coach, between what he did with Josh Allen and now this year with the Giants squad. I don't think they're a talent-rich squad, but he's wrung it out of them as best he can.
D Slayton...that was NOT entertaining....
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

When the pass was dropped, I said oh shit here we go again.
The Vikings always seem to pull it out, but not today. :)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

When the pass was dropped, I said oh shit here we go again.
The Vikings always seem to pull it out, but not today. :)
I thought the exact same thing when Slayton dropped that ball, and so did he. Cousins is one of my favorite non-Giants...up 7, I thought, they have to score, because Cousins will definitely take them down for a TD... on four 18 yard passes to Hochensen. And when the roughing the passer call happened, I was almost certain, but dang....they actually won. That last play by the Vikes...a 3 yard dumper when they needed 8...a head scratcher kinda play that Cousins fans have seen before....a little Jay Cutler-ish.

I almost don't know what to do. Jints haven't won a playoff game since they extended their postseason dominance over the Patriots....that was a long time ago. Now, the second week of the NFL playoffs is happening....and I actually have appointment viewing. I need a couple brews to help that sink in....
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Congrats to all you Giants fans he’ll of a win for ya
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Saturday night, 8:15...nice
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Daniel Jones may have had his best game.
I see a major improvement in his game, the staff change certainly helped.

I was unglued at the roughing the passer call against Dexter Lawrence, that was horrible, not even close.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Daniel Jones may have had his best game.
I see a major improvement in his game, the staff change certainly helped.

I was unglued at the roughing the passer call against Dexter Lawrence, that was horrible, not even close.
Yes, DeeJ has improved considerably. As a Giants fan, it's unusual to see the QB handling the ball that much, and not turning it over. No turnovers, that's pretty amazing to me... On the roughing call, those kinds of calls happen and you gotta overcome and, amazingly enough, behind Brian (do I look like beer league softball guy, or what?) Daboll, they did... It's almost like Daboll EXPECTS a positive outcome...big upgrade.

For the last 6 years, you would have expected the Vikes (with the announcers constantly referencing the roughing call) to score a TD late with, Jints offside on the PAT, Vikes go for 2 from the 1 and win the game.... Not for nothing, I've heard him a few games now and I'm a Greg Olsen fan...he and Romo are the best color guys out there now imo...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Going from Joe Judge to Brian Daboll
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Amazing what the right coach can do for a team. Jax is another example of what getting the right coach in place can do.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'm no Giants fan, but f the Vikings. (Long time Packers fan here).
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: 1 year ago Amazing what the right coach can do for a team. Jax is another example of what getting the right coach in place can do.
Too soon. I know it wasn't his fault, but, so peeved...couple years ago...if that coach had won that last game vs Washington, the 6-10 Jints would have made the playoffs. He could've won, but, he put in some NOHEHOH QB...they lost, no playoffs for my 6-10 Gmen. So po'd. Historic opportunity...trashed.

But.... saw something somewhere recently that talked about...if they had made the playoffs then...would Daboll be the coach now?
Gulp.....holy ______ talk about scary! Maybe Pederson got Judge fired???? Maybe, just maybe.. Giants fans should actually be thanking him for tossing that game....? I never ever thought I could or would, but now....I'm willing to give it some thought...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a difference a coach makes. Daboll comes here, and Jones is beginning to look a little like Josh Allen. And Allen is now the one who's fumbling and throwing picks. I do think beating the Eagles is a bridge too far with that defense. But the future sure does look bright.

The Jets have more overall talent but no QB and inferior coaching staff.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

They say it's 'tough to beat a team 3 times', I'd still rather be the team that already won twice.
Still, GMen will come out with a fresh game plan and pull off the upset, 28-22.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago They say it's 'tough to beat a team 3 times', I'd still rather be the team that already won twice.
Still, GMen will come out with a fresh game plan and pull off the upset, 28-22.
28-21...? Maybe?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Oh well, one of the more decent seasons in a long while, very happy with the new coach, who likes like a beer league softball guy that'd be fun to hang out with. Except for the not being able to score, or stop Philly from scoring, they played pretty well last night?

As Rhody needs help in the front court, then NYG need help in the secondary. They seem to have much improved over last year, with a serious reduction in YAC...but who needs YAC if the dude is open 20 yards down the field? I don't appreciate defense, but maybe bring in a bunch of corners and safeties for next year.

Will they sign DeeJ?
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

They'd be crazy not to. They don't have to look far to see how things go with no QB.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I'm still not sure Jones is like, an all-pro talent, but he's probably good enough to win a Super Bowl, given how much he's improved this year. Plus, you have to be bullish that the guy who got the most out of Josh Allen can improve Jones with more time.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Daboll hit the ceiling on what can be accomplished with Jones at QB. Franchise Jones and go draft the next guy.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago I'm still not sure Jones is like, an all-pro talent, but he's probably good enough to win a Super Bowl, given how much he's improved this year. Plus, you have to be bullish that the guy who got the most out of Josh Allen can improve Jones with more time.
I mean...Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl....Jeff Hostetler...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Dilfer definitely the worst to win a SB , hostetler and Brad Johnson in the top 5 too
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So, who's agent would you rather have...

Daniel Jones ($40M next year) or Lamar Jackson ($32M)

I always thought deej was such a great runner that he was like the 'poor man's Lamar Jackson'.... Is Lamar now the "poor man's Daniel Jones"?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

The jints are undefeated in Queen Latifah games
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That escalated quickly....not a great start.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

At 10pm on Monday night...worse situation...Jets or Jints?

Seeing Rodgers carted off on the first series kinda brought back EC memories.
A big difference being that EC seems to be a good dude. Still...has to totally suck for Jets fans...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Gmen had it all the way
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Oy...these guys are borderline unwatchable....sad.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

JJ: "Dallas wasn't ready to play today"

Hate to see that. LOL. No, no I don't. If the eagles can somehow lose to the Baker Mayfields, everyone in the div is within a game.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This is awesome...

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So...according to ESPN stats...Deej has been sacked 5 times...but for only minus 12 yards. Hmmm...something to build on?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

On the bright side, the gints have scored some points at least
0 x