'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Harris is our biggest body by far, he has an NBA build. Can we please him keep down low to protect the rim and rebound. No more having him running out to the perimeter getting him out of position. Last year VCU's Santos-Silva had career days against us. This year he was much less productive I believe because Harris's size gave him trouble. Please keep the game simple for him and try to get his confidence up. Lets please try and take advantage of his size.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

unfortunately that's not how our man defense works, he's often getting caught on screen switches, I know I toot this horn often but an honest well played zone would be beneficial to employ if we want to keep our bigs around the lane on D. It's not as simple as that, but as a part of an arsenal we should have a strong 'goal line' defense at the ready.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good game tonight JH , if you play like that consistently you can be a player for us
3 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Yes, you played well. Keep working, big guy.
4 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

The first 4 minutes Harris was in last night should be the way we start every game. He took the ball from just above the foul line for a beautiful drive and lay up. Then got a feed down low for another basket. He started the game looking poised and confident. I hope some of those flashes are a preview for what we can see more of next year. I'm a believer in Harris. Didn't love the off throw down the court to Fatts in 2nd half but like everyone else, I want to see his progress continue to trend upward.
5 x