'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
FDshoes
ARD

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Unread post by FDshoes »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago
FDshoes wrote: 5 years ago Why didn't Jermaine play in the scrimmage against St. Johns?
I think it was mentioned in the scrimmage thread he had an illness. No big deal.
Thank you
0 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

Why is Harris starting ? This guy shows no energy. Plays poor defense. Has limited offense intensity. He is a Four Star Recruit that plays as a One Star. Enough already. Relegate him to where he needs to be on the bench. He has had more than enough opportunity. Start Toppin.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

BruceW wrote: 4 years ago Why is Harris starting ? This guy shows no energy. Plays poor defense. Has limited offense intensity. He is a Four Star Recruit that plays as a One Star. Enough already. Relegate him to where he needs to be on the bench. He has had more than enough opportunity. Start Toppin.
Bruce W How many minutes a game would you play JH?
0 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

He is averaging about 18 now. Because of a depleted roster that number would suffice. But Toppin should be starting and Harris needs to be a reserve.
1 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

So you think he is giving bad minutes to the team but won't change his number of minutes? Do I have that right? Assuming yes, the only thing you would change is just not hearing his name announced at the beginning of the game.

We've reached record temps with these hot takes.

While, I disagree with it, I'm now fine (I guess) with people saying he didn't live up to their own internal expectations but to go so far as to say he's hurting the team and then say you wouldn't restrict his minutes further just makes zero sense.
3 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

Restrictions would be counterproductive. Losing Tate hurt the front court depth. If Tate was there then yes Harris would get 8 minutes.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Harris is doing next to nothing positive.

Only thing he’s good at is free throws.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Commit)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 6 years ago

How can a player regress this much over time?

These clips show him gathering his dribble, up for a layup, an up and under reverse layup, pump fake, one dribble, drive layup, dribble drive from the foul line for a bucket. He even dunked!

He looks twice as fluid and athletic in high school than he does now.
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I don’t think the pundits got it right with JH with regards to his rankings

He is a big body let’s just hope he keeps developing but I don’t think he will ever average more than 10 and 5 in his career
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Yall need to relax, kid is a sophomore.
7 x
mrhodesnyy
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by mrhodesnyy »

This is the most embarrassing thread on this whole forum. Kid has started every game over his first two years for a team that has overachieved. Anchor on the pick and roll defense. Productive player from day 1. Stop the nonsense
9 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

mrhodesnyy wrote: 4 years ago This is the most embarrassing thread on this whole forum. Kid has started every game over his first two years for a team that has overachieved. Anchor on the pick and roll defense. Productive player from day 1. Stop the nonsense
Totally agree.

Disgusting! This is disturbing.
2 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I continue to believe that Jermaine is a big key to our success the rest of the year. I truly think a lack of confidence is his main issue. He hesitates often on the offensive end.. i actually saw a play Saturday where he got the ball at top of key and went right to the hoop. Unfortunately he missed the shot but we need more of that confident aggressive move from him.. tough to just turn on the switch but hopefully it happens sooner rather than later..
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BruceW wrote: 4 years ago Restrictions would be counterproductive. Losing Tate hurt the front court depth. If Tate was there then yes Harris would get 8 minutes.
But he is not. So would you reduce Harris’ minutes was the question.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
mrhodesnyy wrote: 4 years ago This is the most embarrassing thread on this whole forum. Kid has started every game over his first two years for a team that has overachieved. Anchor on the pick and roll defense. Productive player from day 1. Stop the nonsense
Totally agree.

Disgusting! This is disturbing.
And it goes on and on and on and....... just never ends
It’s disgusting, embarrassing and it’s harassment.
4 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I don’t think the pundits got it right with JH with regards to his rankings

He is a big body let’s just hope he keeps developing but I don’t think he will ever average more than 10 and 5 in his career
I can't wait for my mini plan, Harris will be a senior and tearing it up and I'll take an elated selfie from each game I attend free and post it here for you reef.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Why dont all you haters write JH a letter asking him to transfer! Just what we would need another scholarship to fill. Not sure the numbers you guys are expecting. The majority of our scoring comes from the 1,2 or 3. Cyril is the first option inside. Where is JHs production suppose to come from?

'But his defense sucks" also not a great take. The whole teamgets lost on switches at times and the whole team struggles with backdoor cuts along the baseline.

This whole thread and JH dramatic improvement thread is vomit inducing and some of you should just STFU on the topic.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago Why dont all you haters write JH a letter asking him to transfer! Just what we would need another scholarship to fill. Not sure the numbers you guys are expecting. The majority of our scoring comes from the 1,2 or 3. Cyril is the first option inside. Where is JHs production suppose to come from?

'But his defense sucks" also not a great take. The whole teamgets lost on switches at times and the whole team struggles with backdoor cuts along the baseline.

This whole thread and JH dramatic improvement thread is vomit inducing and some of you should just STFU on the topic.
I expect more than 3.2 rebounds per game and and a higher shooting percentage than 41.7% from a 6'8'' former Top 80 recruit who is a sophomore and has started every single game of his college career.

Pretty fair to expect more than that.
0 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Wanting or even expecting more than that are 1 thing, taking to twitter and this board to disparage his performance is another.
You're a fan of URI hoops, you aren't entitled to anything from URI basketball players other than 100% effort. These aren't pros, they aren't getting paid which IMO allows for a higher level of scrutiny and public frustration. We don't boo our own players or coach, we aren't PC tho you are doing your darndest to get us there. Leave that to the jabronis up north with fans that have no attachment to the school who can anonymously berate players and coaches online without repercussion. Be different.
11 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

He is the 5th option on offense! Currently doesnt get enough consistent looks to get in any rhythm offensively. If played true starter minutes he would be at 5+RPG. Between Tyrese and Cyril you're looking at 20ish RPG. Fatts and Jeff usually account for ~8-10 a game. The bench gets another 10ish not many more boards available. Where do these magic numbers you want come from?

And he is also a sophmore big who isnt one of the very few IE top 40 guy, obviously there are exceptions, ready to play D-1 high level ball. How many times do you have to be told that bigs need more time to develop?!?!? Pure size in HS ball gives you a huge advantage. Size alone in D1 ball wont get you anywhere near as far. Footwork needs to develop defensive style is totally different. You need to find your niche within offensive sets. In HS just get a guy like Jermaine the ball somewhere near the paint and many teams dont have a body that can stop it.

Get a life besides relentless attacking a player day in and day out from behind your computer screen. We all get it you dont like the player you've said it at nauseating levels
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Can we please lock this thread to like we did the other JH thread?
6 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago Why dont all you haters write JH a letter asking him to transfer! Just what we would need another scholarship to fill. Not sure the numbers you guys are expecting. The majority of our scoring comes from the 1,2 or 3. Cyril is the first option inside. Where is JHs production suppose to come from?

I expect more than 3.2 rebounds per game and and a higher shooting percentage than 41.7% from a 6'8'' former Top 80 recruit who is a sophomore and has started every single game of his college career.

You ever think there could be healthy issues also that have slowed down including the hip issue he had this year and also the injuries he had last year. I’m as disappointed as anyone that he hasn’t become a huge star, but his career is not over yet. I remember being in my car yelling when he choose URI over Xavier. He still brings great value to our depth whether he is a starter or comes off the bench. I look for him to continue to improve and hopefully be healthy his next two years. He has some flashes early this year which make me wonder if his hip is completely healthy. Without him and being only 7 deep we have absolutely do depth. His minutes are valuable to us.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

JH shoots 75 % from line he needs to try and draw more contact and get to line more often
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

"Get a life besides relentless attacking a player day in and day out from behind your computer screen. We all get it you dont like the player you've said it at nauseating levels"

THIS IS IT!!!! Best take yet!
5 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

You ever think there could be health issues also that have slowed down including the hip issue he had this year and also the injuries he had last year. I’m as disappointed as anyone that he hasn’t become a huge star, but his career is not over yet. I remember being in my car yelling when he choose URI over Xavier. He still brings great value to our depth whether he is a starter or comes off the bench. I look for him to continue to improve and hopefully be healthy his next two years. He has some flashes early this year which make me wonder if his hip is completely healthy. Without him and being only 7 deep we have absolutely do depth. His minutes are valuable to us.
1 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ram1980 wrote: 4 years ago I continue to believe that Jermaine is a big key to our success the rest of the year. I truly think a lack of confidence is his main issue. He hesitates often on the offensive end.. i actually saw a play Saturday where he got the ball at top of key and went right to the hoop. Unfortunately he missed the shot but we need more of that confident aggressive move , him.. tough to just turn on the switch but hopefully it happens sooner rather than later..
agree with the lack of confidence comment, he seems to always be rushing his shots and finishes. A sure sign that confidence is at least part of the problem.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s hope he really works on his game in the offseason as we will really need him

I wouldn’t expect too much of a back to the basket game but he needs to hit a 10-15 foot jumper and get put backs and get to the line he can hit 75 %
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Let’s hope he really works on his game in the offseason as we will really need him

I wouldn’t expect too much of a back to the basket game but he needs to hit a 10-15 foot jumper and get put backs and get to the line he can hit 75 %
I am not asking for a dominant inside game, just some real basics,eg 5 ft hook shot, a little footwork near the basket.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Team might need an assistant who can work with big men. Don't see progress in the bigs' offensive games. Sutton said the staff worked with Cyril during the off season to be better at finishing. Wait to you see the difference, he said. Instead, he's markedly worse.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Too bad we couldn't bring ARD in for some help.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

I agree with Iggy - Cyril from a finishing and turnover perspective has been a huge regression - like back to freshman year.
May be injury related.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Idk, I feel like it’s fair to point out that there has been some regression with Cyril’s shooting - both from the floor and at the FT line. But his turnovers are down and steals, blocks, assists and rebounds are all up. I wondered earlier this year if he was bothered by some sort of hand/finger issue or something, because not only has his touch been off but he seems much more reluctant to finish with dunks around the rim, even in transition.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago Team might need an assistant who can work with big men. Don't see progress in the bigs' offensive games. Sutton said the staff worked with Cyril during the off season to be better at finishing. Wait to you see the difference, he said. Instead, he's markedly worse.
Did we have a "staff" during a large part of the off season. ????
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Idk, I feel like it’s fair to point out that there has been some regression with Cyril’s shooting - both from the floor and at the FT line. But his turnovers are down and steals, blocks, assists and rebounds are all up. I wondered earlier this year if he was bothered by some sort of hand/finger issue or something, because not only has his touch been off but he seems much more reluctant to finish with dunks around the rim, even in transition.
His "touch" might be off, but , he still is the best three point shooter on the team at 50%
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This is the Jermaine Harris recruiting thread. There already exists a Langevine thread for this subject.
1 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

This needs to be said... Jermaine started playing basketball at 16! Obviously we wanted him to be further along in his progression right now but he came to the program very raw. Development takes time, ever heard of Andre Berry??? Completely different player from his sophomore to senior year. And the starting arguments are getting out of control. Toppin is already getting more minutes than him anyways. Would you rather have Toppin foul the opposing teams best big early and have to sit the whole first half? Probably not. Starting or coming of the bench has no effect. Jarvis came off the bench and killed it all season. Minutes hold value, not the name of your role.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago This needs to be said... Jermaine started playing basketball at 16! Obviously we wanted him to be further along in his progression right now but he came to the program very raw. Development takes time, ever heard of Andre Berry??? Completely different player from his sophomore to senior year. And the starting arguments are getting out of control. Toppin is already getting more minutes than him anyways. Would you rather have Toppin foul the opposing teams best big early and have to sit the whole first half? Probably not. Starting or coming of the bench has no effect. Jarvis came off the bench and killed it all season. Minutes hold value, not the name of your role.
You people are actual lunatics still defending him. He is useless.

You realize he literally did not hit the rim on his 4 shots yesterday right? He looked inept.

He also is shooting 39% from the field as a 6'8" sophomore forward who has started every game of his college career.

39%.
1 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago This needs to be said... Jermaine started playing basketball at 16! Obviously we wanted him to be further along in his progression right now but he came to the program very raw. Development takes time, ever heard of Andre Berry??? Completely different player from his sophomore to senior year. And the starting arguments are getting out of control. Toppin is already getting more minutes than him anyways. Would you rather have Toppin foul the opposing teams best big early and have to sit the whole first half? Probably not. Starting or coming of the bench has no effect. Jarvis came off the bench and killed it all season. Minutes hold value, not the name of your role.
You know what Andre Berry didn't do until his senior year? Play. Dan Hurley let him develop and once he proved that he could play a little defense he started his senior year. Berry averaged about 5 mpg his first two years. Jermaine Harris averages 18 mpg.

Id rather we play a mix of Cyril, Walker, Long, and Toppin for the majority of the game. Play Jermaine when needed. If guys stay out of foul trouble and we are clicking we don't need to bring in someone who isn't ready to contribute yet. Yesterday he played 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes we went down big early and then 14 in the second half. It's not all on him, but we made our comeback with him on the bench. This is becoming a trend.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Threads gotta go, be locked, or everyone chill. Not a good look! It’s gotta be tough for the kid and not going to help if he reads this. Hurley bails and Tate rally’s the recruits to stay only to see his recruit class slowly shrink after a season + 1/2. He must be thinking what would Uconn be like. He started off his first twos year in a mental cyclone. I hope he stays and fully expect him to contribute a hell of a lot more next season. Still have games left to play and time to grow
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 4 years ago Threads gotta go, be locked, or everyone chill. Not a good look! It’s gotta be tough for the kid and not going to help if he reads this. Hurley bails and Tate rally’s the recruits to stay only to see his recruit class slowly shrink after a season + 1/2. He must be thinking what would Uconn be like. He started off his first twos year in a mental cyclone. I hope he stays and fully expect him to contribute a hell of a lot more next season. Still have games left to play and time to grow
Agreed - lock this up.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 4 years ago Threads gotta go, be locked, or everyone chill. Not a good look! It’s gotta be tough for the kid and not going to help if he reads this. Hurley bails and Tate rally’s the recruits to stay only to see his recruit class slowly shrink after a season + 1/2. He must be thinking what would Uconn be like. He started off his first twos year in a mental cyclone. I hope he stays and fully expect him to contribute a hell of a lot more next season. Still have games left to play and time to grow
Harris would be playing less than the walk ons at UConn.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
You know what Andre Berry didn't do until his senior year? Play. Dan Hurley let him develop and once he proved that he could play a little defense he started his senior year. Berry averaged about 5 mpg his first two years. Jermaine Harris averages 18 mpg.

Id rather we play a mix of Cyril, Walker, Long, and Toppin for the majority of the game. Play Jermaine when needed. If guys stay out of foul trouble and we are clicking we don't need to bring in someone who isn't ready to contribute yet. Yesterday he played 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes we went down big early and then 14 in the second half. It's not all on him, but we made our comeback with him on the bench. This is becoming a trend.

Shhhh we’re not allowed to criticize him, he’s holier than thou on this board.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shhhh we’re not allowed to criticize him, he’s holier than thou on this bird.
Rhody15,

This is not fair. It’s not fair to Jermaine Harris, to URI Coaches, to URI Players, to URI fans, to Keaney Blue members.....

We have heard you go on and on and on about Jermaine Harris. It never ever stops.

For you to now be acting like you have been muzzled is completely unfair. You have not been muzzled, in fact the complete opposite.

Your criticism is fine. Many people agree with you, in fact probably the majority.

It’s your meanness and relentless bashing that is most disconcerting.

Everyone gets your point. You have said it before games, during games, after games, every waking hour and non waking hour.

Give it a rest.

I question if you really are a URI Fan. Or are you a PC Troll? Please stop. We got your opinion a long time ago.

I beg the Moderators to do something. Please stop. Please. This is beyond agitation. It’s beyond belief. It’s abusive. It doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong. If you are right on Harris it’s abusive. If you are wrong on Harris it’s abusive. If you are in between on Harris it’s abusive.
8 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

I agree, with his current play he wouldn’t be seeing much of any play time at Uconn. All I was trying to say is with his late start with basketball and the changes to the coaching and roster in his short time with us could very well be the factors affected his play on the court. It still doesn’t change the fact that all of you posting criticism about the kid can in no way help improve his play and can only been viewed as a negative by incoming recruits.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 4 years ago

I agree, with his current play he wouldn’t be seeing much of any play time at Uconn. All I was trying to say is with his late start with basketball and the changes to the coaching and roster in his short time with us could very well be the factors affected his play on the court. It still doesn’t change the fact that all of you posting criticism about the kid can in no way help improve his play and can only been viewed as a negative by incoming recruits.
He played 9 minutes yesterday.
Harris does not dictate the number of minutes that he plays that I know of
So why Rhody15 don’t you blame the Coaching Staff at all? All of your hate is directed at Harris.
The Coach Starts Harris. Every single game of his career now.
He pulls him out and puts him in.

Why don’t you ask the Coaches about Harris and what their thought are?

I have.
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Shhhh we’re not allowed to criticize him, he’s holier than thou on this bird.
Rhody15,

This is not fair. It’s not fair to Jermaine Harris, to URI Coaches, to URI Players, to URI fans, to Keaney Blue members.....

We have heard you go on and on and on about Jermaine Harris. It never ever stops.

For you to now be acting like you have been muzzled is completely unfair. You have not been muzzled, in fact the complete opposite.

Your criticism is fine. Many people agree with you, in fact probably the majority.

It’s your meanness and relentless bashing that is most disconcerting.

Everyone gets your point. You have said it before games, during games, after games, every waking hour and non waking hour.

Give it a rest.

I question if you really are a URI Fan. Or are you a PC Troll? Please stop. We got your opinion a long time ago.

I beg the Moderators to do something. Please stop. Please. This is beyond agitation. It’s beyond belief. It’s abusive. It doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong. If you are right on Harris it’s abusive. If you are wrong on Harris it’s abusive. If you are in between on Harris it’s abusive.
Ramster, so well put!

I couldn't have said it better about Rhody15. It's beyond annoying the 4/5 posts are about JH bashing. We are all dissappointed with his play and lack of development, but its almost like Rhody15 wakes up, has breakfast and first thing he does before work is starts in on JH. Then does it a few more times each day...

Its kind of disturbing how an adult takes pleasure in ripping this kid apart

Rhody15, have a question for you, would you talk to your kid like this...the answer is NO! I'm not saying we cannot be critical of JH's play and lack there of, and certainly not take the approach to 'everyone gets a trophy", but c'mon man, enough posting and then saying you have been muzzled
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Rhody15, do not reply. Everyone is clear on the arguments from both sides. There is no more to add at this time that hasn't already been shared.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am hoping if we get Akeem or Richards then they come in more ready than JH is now

Have them compete in practice and start the 2 best

If we don’t get a decent big in here next year it’s going to be a long year
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago Rhody15, do not reply. Everyone is clear on the arguments from both sides. There is no more to add at this time that hasn't already been shared.
🤐🤐🤐
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m done! No more!
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody