Local Microbreweries

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Local Microbreweries

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Did Buzzards Bay in Westport last week. Right over state line Adamsville.

Fun time, good deal on brew glasses. Took home a pair. Buy the glass and refill is only @2.50 and you can keep bringing it back.

Kinda like a mini growler...

:)
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

hrstrat57 wrote: 5 years ago Did Buzzards Bay in Westport last week. Right over state line Adamsville.

Fun time, good deal on brew glasses. Took home a pair. Buy the glass and refill is only @2.50 and you can keep bringing it back.

Ah, that's one of the few local-ish ones we haven't been to. I'll have to pair it up for a trip to Ragged Island; we don't make it over to that side of the state as much.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago Stopped by Treehouse in Charlton last Friday afternoon. Had to wait in a line of hundreds for half an hour for the opportunity to buy their product. Only can sales as there was no draft pouring (very limited hours) or growler refills.

Treehouse continues to have issues keeping up with the crowds and demand for its product. Many visitors are being forced to park at the lower lot and walk or shuttle bus up a long steep incline to the facility. To be able to handle the crowds, hours have been restricted for draft pouring and growler refills. In order to have enough supply to meet demand, there is a maximum purchase limit (approx 5 cases). From my vantage point, it looked liked about 1/3 of their customers buy the max. With can prices that range from the mid $3 to around $5, they must be doing very well revenue wise.

Beautiful facility. Had a very nice outdoor pavilion with seating that had a pizza oven. People were saying they have outside entertainment there. Nice spot for food and drink for the very limited hours the pavilion is open.
They are printing money over there. Looking at their typical weekly output of around 10,000 cases, at around $4+/- average per can that is $100/case. So they are moving $1 million worth of product every week without accounting for more profitable draft sales. The facility cost approximately $20 million to build of which they used $8 million from a tax-exempt bond issued by a public-private agency. TH is already working towards an expansion to accommodate the lines for canned beer in a more efficient queue than straight towards the parking lot as currently exists, while freeing up the taproom as more than a "pass through" for the can customers. https://www.treehousebrew.com/blog/

Saturdays and Tuesdays are dedicated to draft beer days when you can always buy pints. However cans are also available for purchase. Thursday and Friday afternoon seem like the most crowded times with little more option than to purchase cans. (Saturday is the busiest but enjoying a beverage on site while lounging in an Adirondack chair for your troubles seems like a not-so-terrible tradeoff.)

Tree House is testing the limits of how much revenue they can keep in-house, getting closer to Jack's Abby/Wachusett-level production volumes this year and probably approaching Harpoon in the not-too-distant future. The 3-tier system can really sap profits from a brewery, although the benefit is you push the beer out the door and don't need hundreds of labor hours to sell it yourself. Tree House obviously knows it is a destination brewery and can DIY the sales.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

hrstrat57 wrote: 5 years ago Did Buzzards Bay in Westport last week. Right over state line Adamsville.

Buzzards Bay is down the street from Westport Rivers Vineyard, who own the brewery. My favorite is Swamp Yankee ale, a hoppy brown beer that kind of reminds me of Arrogant Bastard ale from Stone Brewing. Very solid beers all around, and a nice property for putting out a picnic and enjoying their beer.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

To follow up my previous post - We went to Buzzard's and actually didn't care for any of the four beers on tap. Nice, farm location though. From there we went to Ragged Island - second or third time - and really liked their offerings. This past weekend, we hit up Revival (I like their beers, but get them every week at kickball; girlfriend liked the Pinky Swear) and Proclamation (a couple unique and tasty brews on tap, especially the fruit and DIPA ones).
1 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Yeah I agree that Buzzards Bay falls in the "solid" category for me as mentioned above for the most part, but I'd rank it last amongst all that is mentioned above. And since I haven't been there probably since the NEIPA craze really took off, their hoppy stuff would likely seem a lot more pedestrian to me now. My rankings:

1. Proclamation
2. Ragged Island
3. Revival
4. Buzzard's
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago Yeah I agree that Buzzards Bay falls in the "solid" category for me as mentioned above for the most part, but I'd rank it last amongst all that is mentioned above. And since I haven't been there probably since the NEIPA craze really took off, their hoppy stuff would likely seem a lot more pedestrian to me now.
They kind of reminded me of Newport Storm before they rebranded - seemed like an OG brewery that hadn't really adjusted to the times yet. Just nothing that stood out in a good way to me, and "just OK" beers aren't really going to be much of a driver for me to make my way out to Westport, since I live in Warwick.

It would be tough for me to do an overall ranking for Rhode Island at this point - Crooked Current is probably our most consistent favorite, since we like unusual and fruity beers more than super hoppy ones. (Lumping in my girlfriend with my tastes here.) As a result, we'd probably have Tilted Barn and Long Live lower than most, especially the folks in the RI Craft Beer FB group that seem to go effing nuts for all of their offerings. Proclamation and Buttonwoods are probably vying for second and third, because they're close to us and have plenty of good offerings. We love the strawberry blonde and the hazelnut at Whaler's, but they don't offer them both at the same time, haha. We need to get out to Ravenous again - went there once last year and liked it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

SGreenwell wrote: 5 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago Yeah I agree that Buzzards Bay falls in the "solid" category for me as mentioned above for the most part, but I'd rank it last amongst all that is mentioned above. And since I haven't been there probably since the NEIPA craze really took off, their hoppy stuff would likely seem a lot more pedestrian to me now.
They kind of reminded me of Newport Storm before they rebranded - seemed like an OG brewery that hadn't really adjusted to the times yet. Just nothing that stood out in a good way to me, and "just OK" beers aren't really going to be much of a driver for me to make my way out to Westport, since I live in Warwick.

It would be tough for me to do an overall ranking for Rhode Island at this point - Crooked Current is probably our most consistent favorite, since we like unusual and fruity beers more than super hoppy ones. (Lumping in my girlfriend with my tastes here.) As a result, we'd probably have Tilted Barn and Long Live lower than most, especially the folks in the RI Craft Beer FB group that seem to go effing nuts for all of their offerings. Proclamation and Buttonwoods are probably vying for second and third, because they're close to us and have plenty of good offerings. We love the strawberry blonde and the hazelnut at Whaler's, but they don't offer them both at the same time, haha. We need to get out to Ravenous again - went there once last year and liked it.
I was just ranking the breweries on this page, but yes an overall RI ranking is very difficult with around 25(?) breweries now up and running. Just like 5 years ago the top spot would basically be between Grey Sail and Foolproof as there wasn't much else. Living in Warwick myself I'd go top 3 some order of Proclamation, Buttonwoods and Long Live. Tilted Barn's limited hours are tough, although I bought a very nice Christmas tree from the brewer's farm last year. I also want to revisit Ravenous as it has been several years: they haven't upsized since but it looks like their brewer is producing some good stuff based on the facebook posts. I seem to visit Revival rarely due to the restaurant as opposed to taproom atmosphere upstairs...but then the downstairs taproom is most certainly a dive! So it is like penthouse to trailer park within a few steps.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I heard Ravenous was looking to upgrade their space, but it hasn't happened yet
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

should be open in 1.5 to 2 weeks
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Not sure if this one has been mentioned here before, but as I turned the rehab corner to the 'able to have beer' phase... a friend brought by a couple from Start Line Brewery - Hop Load Hazy and Hop Load Citra. Thought they were both very good.... Not much for pix of the brewery/facility on line, but appears they have food available. Anyone been there?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure if this one has been mentioned here before, but as I turned the rehab corner to the 'able to have beer' phase... a friend brought by a couple from Start Line Brewery - Hop Load Hazy and Hop Load Citra. Thought they were both very good.... Not much for pix of the brewery/facility on line, but appears they have food available. Anyone been there?
Hm, I haven't! Might have to put it on the list. I'd like to do more drinking in Massachusetts, but it is a tougher spot in that most of the breweries are around 60+ minutes to get to. We liked SkyRoc in Attleboro, and Wormtown Brewery in Worcester was tasty, but its on the way to my girlfriend's parents, and thus a bit more feasible for us.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago Not sure if this one has been mentioned here before, but as I turned the rehab corner to the 'able to have beer' phase... a friend brought by a couple from Start Line Brewery - Hop Load Hazy and Hop Load Citra. Thought they were both very good.... Not much for pix of the brewery/facility on line, but appears they have food available. Anyone been there?
Hm, I haven't! Might have to put it on the list. I'd like to do more drinking in Massachusetts, but it is a tougher spot in that most of the breweries are around 60+ minutes to get to. We liked SkyRoc in Attleboro, and Wormtown Brewery in Worcester was tasty, but its on the way to my girlfriend's parents, and thus a bit more feasible for us.
If you like 'hazy' IPA's...with some mild fruit-ish flavor (from the hops, not from added fruit), I'd definitely give those two a try.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Went to Apponaug this weekend - Really cool spot! Converted mill building / textile mill, right by the river, with an outdoor seating area that'll probably be cool in the summer. The beers were pretty tasty, as I enjoyed the fruit-tinged double and triple IPAs, and a really boozy Russian stout. I believe they had eight beers on tap, along with a guest offering from Proclamation and Shaidzon.

After Apponaug, we went to Proclamation - tasty as always. The previous weekend, we were visiting friends in MA, and checked out Aeronaut, Castle Island, Percival and Trillium. Aeronaut was solid, with a good variety. Castle Island, nothing especially memorable there, but nothing bad either; mostly IPAs. Percival had a really stellar coffee stout that was only available at the brewery, unfortunately. And Trillium had plenty of strong, tasty brews - it was our favorite of the four.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago
spookydog wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Any idea where in SK Koppen's brewery would be?
I made a mistake. It is going to be in EG. Off of Rt4. LineSider Brewing
Opening later this summer...

1485 South County Trail (Route 2), East Greenwich
This is right by Dave's Market
LineSider is opening up this Friday.
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago LineSider is opening up this Friday.
Any of you guys end up going? Thought about but figured it'd be a zoo.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

At Seven Arrows brewery in Waynesboro VA. Obviously not local but good nevertheless. Vibrant brewery scene in this area also. If I’m missing the game at least I’m doing it while drinking good beer!
2 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 5 years ago
spookydog wrote: 5 years ago LineSider is opening up this Friday.
Any of you guys end up going? Thought about but figured it'd be a zoo.
The RI Craft Beer Group on FB said the lines were moving swiftly, but about a thousand people there, so I'm glad I passed, haha. Instead, we got three stamps on the passport today - Whaler's, Sons of Liberty and Grey Sail - because we were visiting my parents, sister and nieces. Whaler's is one of our favorites, because of the hazelnut stout. Sons of Liberty, surprisingly good space! Has a sort of a speakeasy feel to it, and they have eight beers on tap now, in addition to the spirits. Grey Sail... Well, some people really like it, haha. Nothing really struck our fancy though, and the parking is rough in that area.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: 5 years ago At Seven Arrows brewery in Waynesboro VA. Obviously not local but good nevertheless. Vibrant brewery scene in this area also. If I’m missing the game at least I’m doing it while drinking good beer!
I've said it before, but the spread of quality craft breweries - seems wherever I travel for business, there's one nearby - is one of, if not the greatest things to happen in America in the last 10 years.
2 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

I will be at Fox Farm Brewery from 11-12:15 on Sunday before the WVU at Mohegan if anyone is interested in heading to the brewery before the game.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The Brewtopia brewpub on Atwood Ave will be closing on December 31st.

Revival Brewing Co., with Sean Larkin as brew-master, will continue to reside onsite, and will stay open to the public, according to the Facebook post. They will continue to brew beer and their tasting room will remain. Revival had a lease to provide beer to Brutopia and manage the restaurant.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Some more RI breweries opening up...

Lops Brewing in Woonsocket
Valley Breeze Article

84 Tavern on Canal has now transformed into a brewpub with a small barrel system on site. Now called 84 Aleworks Brewing & Tavern.

Antler Ale Works (They were at Beer on Earth just before Thanksgiving) are opening a place near the Coca Cola building in downtown Providence.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Oh yeah....Norey's in Newport is going to start brewing as well. This place already brought in spectacular beers on tap. Whenever I go there, I can't see myself ordering their brewed on premise beers when the tap list is always amazing.

Newport RI Article
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago Oh yeah....Norey's in Newport is going to start brewing as well. This place already brought in spectacular beers on tap. Whenever I go there, I can't see myself ordering their brewed on premise beers when the tap list is always amazing.

Newport RI Article
Always nice to see something from my publication on the board. :) I'm also psyched to try them out - Couple buddies from work were going today, but unfortunately, I had to work a high school hoops game instead. I'll probably try to get out there sometime next week.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I see Linesider referenced above...anyone been there/tried it? Feedback?

Have been spending a lot of time with Lawson's Super Session #2 lately...very good.
Recently tried Wachussett's Mass Soul, also very good.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

FYI - Beer on Earth (the place on Post Road in NK) is going to moving into Long Live's West End space in Providence once Long Live moves into their new spot over near Sprague St. Earliest this will happen in March 1st, but will probably be a little after that.
3 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago FYI - Beer on Earth (the place on Post Road in NK) is going to moving into Long Live's West End space in Providence once Long Live moves into their new spot over near Sprague St. Earliest this will happen in March 1st, but will probably be a little after that.
Probably a good idea - I've really liked what I've had from Beer on Earth, but always forget it exists down there.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago I see Linesider referenced above...anyone been there/tried it? Feedback?

Have been spending a lot of time with Lawson's Super Session #2 lately...very good.
Linesider was pretty good. I can't remember any standouts, but there is a good amount of space inside, and I always like that vs. the "ass to elbows" breweries.

Wachusset is a really fun brewery to check out, if you ever find yourself that far out. My girlfriend is from Baldwinville, MA, so we've been a couple of times. They have around 10 beers on tap, all pretty drinkable, and on weekends they usually have live music and things like pig roasts and a dedicated food space inside. Huge space that's easy to bring a bunch of people to.

Speaking of food - Holy shit is Apponaug good for that. Journal did a food piece on them, and the beers are solid as well. My girlfriend is obsessed with their chicken and waffles.
2 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Another place I forgot to mention is Warren Cider Works located on Child Street in Warren. The apples they use in their cider is from Long Lane in Warren. If you are into cider, definitely check this place out.

ProJo Article
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Huge tax increase coming to RI!!!!!

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I heard Ravenous was looking to upgrade their space, but it hasn't happened yet
Went there for the first time for pre Super Bowl this past weekend. Not a bad little space. Had ample seating for our group to hang out a bit. I had the Side by Each IPA. Decent beer.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

I'm hearing rumors about a brewery opening up in Chepachet over by the Purple Cat Winery/Brewery.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I'm hearing rumors about a brewery opening up in Chepachet over by the Purple Cat Winery/Brewery.
May still be associated with Purple Cat even if in a separate space, as per the RI Brewers Guild they posted the Purple Cat Brewery was "temporarily closed". I had never been but people seeking out the RI Brewers passport stamps found out the hard way, but they said you could replace that stamp with one of the newly open breweries not yet in the passport (Smug, Linesider or 84 Aleworks).
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago I see Linesider referenced above...anyone been there/tried it? Feedback?

Speaking of food - Holy shit is Apponaug good for that. Journal did a food piece on them, and the beers are solid as well. My girlfriend is obsessed with their chicken and waffles.
Apponaug is dangerously good for food. And their beer is getting better each time I visit, by the time the springtime hits and they get to use the ample outdoor space that may become a regular spot for me.

For Mass spots, I didn't check to see if already a part of this thread, but Medusa in Hudson just off I-495 is a nice spot. A lot of different beer styles offered although their most hyped beer really due to the artwork rather than beer itself, is the Laser Cat DIPA (think Andy Samberg's old SNL short). Rail Trail Flatbread Company and New City Microcreamery are both right down the street. Such deliciousness in that downtown!
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago
spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I'm hearing rumors about a brewery opening up in Chepachet over by the Purple Cat Winery/Brewery.
May still be associated with Purple Cat even if in a separate space, as per the RI Brewers Guild they posted the Purple Cat Brewery was "temporarily closed". I had never been but people seeking out the RI Brewers passport stamps found out the hard way, but they said you could replace that stamp with one of the newly open breweries not yet in the passport (Smug, Linesider or 84 Aleworks).
These are people not associated with the Purple Cat.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

2 more new breweries opening soon.

Community Bruin in West Greenwich (74 Nooseneck Hill Rd)

Twelve Guns Brewing in Bristol (549 Metacom Ave)

Found this article about them
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Some people may not be able to read the Twelve Guns article, so here it is...

Twelve Guns Brewery, named after the U.S.S. Providence, to open in Bristol this summer
News
From EastBayRI:

Bristol brewery planning to open the taps this summer

by Christy Nadalin

With an amendment to the Bristol Zoning Ordinance use table allowing a business that is designated as food manufacturing to set up shop in a general business zone, Kyle Michaud has final approval to open his Twelve Guns Brewery at 549 Metacom Ave., just north of Arnold Lumber, and south of Peter Road.

Mr. Michaud has been home-brewing for about three years, entering — and winning — competitions.

“My friends were like, ‘You should sell this stuff!’ ” he said. “So I looked into it. There are a lot of barriers to entry, so it has been a yearlong process so far, just to get us here. But now everything’s really coming together.”

A recent graduate of the University of Hartford, where he received a degree in marketing and, as a student, ran an e-commerce company that sold things like survival gear and campus safety products, Mr. Michaud is just finishing up his professional craft brewing certification at Johnson and Wales.

The Connecticut native, who lives in North Providence, knew he wanted to locate in Rhode Island. He found a site he liked in Bristol, down Metacom adjacent to Classic Pizza, but the area was not zoned for the food manufacturing permit needed by a small brewery.

Mr. Michaud credits the Town of Bristol for helping him find a new site for which he could obtain the needed special use permit. “Bristol has been amazing,” he said. “They are really on board.”

“It’s an industry that’s growing,” said Chris Vitale, Bristol’s economic development coordinator. “We’re excited to help him bring this new experience to Bristol.”

“It’s basically an amendment to the use table,” said Ed Tanner, town planner, referring to the permit. “It’s not a bar,. They will be brewing and canning onsite, something that is currently only permitted in a manufacturing zone. Special use permits are only determined on a case-by-case basis, and the granting of which will not change the overall designation of the zone. According to Mr. Tanner, such zoning amendments are commonplace.

The name of the company, Twelve Guns Brewing, is a nod to Rhode Island history and the U.S.S. Providence, a 12-gun ship which was one of the first ships commissioned by the Continental Navy. “When I knew I wanted to open in Rhode Island, I wanted a name with local historical significance,” said Mr. Michaud.

With the zoning hurdle cleared, the biggest hold-up to getting that first keg tapped is waiting on the custom equipment which is being manufactured in Canada and won’t get here until late June. With a production process of about two weeks, Mr. Michaud is anticipating opening in late July or early August. He will be hiring four front of house people, two assistant managers and a part-time brewer, advertising for those positions in the next two to three months.

Twelve Guns will have a seven-barrel set up. One barrel is 31 gallons, so their capacity will be roughly 217 gallons per batch. The plan is to install the production equipment and canning line on the right side of the building, with the bar and merchandise on the left, and tables in the middle of the space. A garage door in the back can open in the summer, and can be a place to have a variety of food trucks serve the brewery’s tasting room patrons.

Mr. Michaud plans to host home-brew competitions, offering winners a tap, and the opportunity to let people taste their winning recipes. He’s also hoping to put together craft brewery festivals. Rhode Island has a smaller number of craft breweries than any state, with about 26. “We collaborate,” he said. “We don’t compete directly because everyone’s product is so different. It’s a very cool community, and everyone has been so helpful.”

Mr. Michaud is also keen to run an environmentally conscious operation, with a small footprint, even offering the byproduct of the brewing process to local farms to use as animal feed.

“There’s no alcohol, it’s just sweet grain,” he said. “The animals love it.”
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Bristol is my home town - I'm definitely going to check this place out.

Also, "Ed Tanner, town planner" cracked me up.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

The homebrew shop in Jamestown, Conanicut Brewing, may start brewing their own beer. So yet another place to keep an eye on.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago
For Mass spots, I didn't check to see if already a part of this thread, but Medusa in Hudson just off I-495 is a nice spot. A lot of different beer styles offered although their most hyped beer really due to the artwork rather than beer itself, is the Laser Cat DIPA (think Andy Samberg's old SNL short). Rail Trail Flatbread Company and New City Microcreamery are both right down the street. Such deliciousness in that downtown!
I know it is technically attached to the Microcreamery, but can't forget to specifically mention the Speakeasy. Some of our best friends used to live in Marlborough, so it was a quick 5 minute ride over. Fun little area. The Spirit of Hudson Food & Brewfest is also a fun event in August.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago 2 more new breweries opening soon.

This place is now open. Just on Saturday's for now from 1-4.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Looks like this place is going to be in Pascoag from what I hear.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago FYI - Beer on Earth (the place on Post Road in NK) is going to moving into Long Live's West End space in Providence once Long Live moves into their new spot over near Sprague St. Earliest this will happen in March 1st, but will probably be a little after that.
Probably a good idea - I've really liked what I've had from Beer on Earth, but always forget it exists down there.
Just checked out the new Beer on Earth space. They are still working on it, but it is coming along. They are hoping for a soft opening in the beginning of June & then open for real in the middle of the month. They just got their canning line, so you can expect cans from them as well. They hired a head brewer to help them as well.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 5 years ago For Mass spots, I didn't check to see if already a part of this thread, but Medusa in Hudson just off I-495 is a nice spot. A lot of different beer styles offered although their most hyped beer really due to the artwork rather than beer itself, is the Laser Cat DIPA (think Andy Samberg's old SNL short). Rail Trail Flatbread Company and New City Microcreamery are both right down the street. Such deliciousness in that downtown!
Downtown Hudson is far different than when I lived there some 30 years ago. Back then it was it was not at all gentrified. It was known more for its biker bars - The Mansion House and Billy Jacks. Totally different today. Have now been to Medusa a few times. Decent place with numerous good selections. Also eaten at Rail Trail and the Horsehoe pub. It also has a bike trail that starts in nearby Marlboro and goes through the downtown which I have done. A large new museum 10 minutes further down Main st. east of the downtown opens for the first time today. It has one of the world's largest collections of armored vehicles and tanks. Huge shopping plaza at the west end of town by 495 with a Cabellas. Barely recognize the place these days.

American Heritage Museum
https://www.americanheritagemuseum.org/
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

FYI - They are opened on Friday's from 4-7 as well now.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Went here over the weekend. It is in an old Bess Eaton's right off of 95. You can purchase a flight to drink on premise or growler/bottle sales to go. No full pours yet. Since brewing on a half barrel system, I guess that's what they need to do. They are currently the smallest brewery in the state. Move over Crooked Current, you are no longer the state's smallest barrel system.

As for the beers themselves, in my opinion, they were mediocre at best. I will give them another chance down the line, but as of right now I won't be going back anytime soon with so many other better options closer to where I live.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Just checked out the new Beer on Earth space. They are still working on it, but it is coming along. They are hoping for a soft opening in the beginning of June & then open for real in the middle of the month. They just got their canning line, so you can expect cans from them as well. They hired a head brewer to help them as well.
The new Beer on Earth space is opening tomorrow (6/6).
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Hearing rumors of another brewery opening up basically between Bayberry & the new Beer on Earth space. It will be going in to one of the automotive repair buildings across the street.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Went here over the weekend. It is in an old Bess Eaton's right off of 95. You can purchase a flight to drink on premise or growler/bottle sales to go. No full pours yet. Since brewing on a half barrel system, I guess that's what they need to do. They are currently the smallest brewery in the state. Move over Crooked Current, you are no longer the state's smallest barrel system.

As for the beers themselves, in my opinion, they were mediocre at best. I will give them another chance down the line, but as of right now I won't be going back anytime soon with so many other better options closer to where I live.

Former Bess Eaton? Did they keep the drive through open? ;)
0 x