Local Microbreweries

Off-Topic News, Music, TV, Movies, Tech, etc.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Re: Local Microbreweries

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
spookydog wrote: 5 years ago

FYI - They are opened on Friday's from 4-7 as well now.
Went here over the weekend. It is in an old Bess Eaton's right off of 95. You can purchase a flight to drink on premise or growler/bottle sales to go. No full pours yet. Since brewing on a half barrel system, I guess that's what they need to do. They are currently the smallest brewery in the state. Move over Crooked Current, you are no longer the state's smallest barrel system.

As for the beers themselves, in my opinion, they were mediocre at best. I will give them another chance down the line, but as of right now I won't be going back anytime soon with so many other better options closer to where I live.

Former Bess Eaton? Did they keep the drive through open? ;)
If it was Florida they could, funny seeing those drive thru liquor stores down south then coming back to our puritanical homeland and remembering we can't have nice things. (Not that drive thrus are something I'd desire, would "settle" for just having happy hours at the bar for crying out loud.)

I visited Beer on Earth on opening day, not quite as good a setup as Long Live as far as decor IMHO but good location as opposed to being on a state highway in NK. They don't make the hyped NEIPAs like LLB did, so this is certainly more of a "neighborhood taproom" now, no need to worry about huge lines at opening like the former tenant.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago

Went here over the weekend. It is in an old Bess Eaton's right off of 95. You can purchase a flight to drink on premise or growler/bottle sales to go. No full pours yet. Since brewing on a half barrel system, I guess that's what they need to do. They are currently the smallest brewery in the state. Move over Crooked Current, you are no longer the state's smallest barrel system.

As for the beers themselves, in my opinion, they were mediocre at best. I will give them another chance down the line, but as of right now I won't be going back anytime soon with so many other better options closer to where I live.

Former Bess Eaton? Did they keep the drive through open? ;)
If it was Florida they could, funny seeing those drive thru liquor stores down south then coming back to our puritanical homeland and remembering we can't have nice things. (Not that drive thrus are something I'd desire, would "settle" for just having happy hours at the bar for crying out loud.)

I visited Beer on Earth on opening day, not quite as good a setup as Long Live as far as decor IMHO but good location as opposed to being on a state highway in NK. They don't make the hyped NEIPAs like LLB did, so this is certainly more of a "neighborhood taproom" now, no need to worry about huge lines at opening like the former tenant.
Lived in philly in the late 90s. They had a drive though beer store in my neighborhood. Good stuff
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago Some more RI breweries opening up...

Lops Brewing in Woonsocket
Valley Breeze Article
Lops Brewing Grand Opening set for Saturday, July 27th.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I'm hearing rumors about a brewery opening up in Chepachet over by the Purple Cat Winery/Brewery.
Looks like this place is going to be in Pascoag from what I hear.
Well, they have a site up, so I am guessing this is official now.

Bravo Brewing Company
Supposedly opening up in September.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago 84 Tavern on Canal has now transformed into a brewpub with a small barrel system on site. Now called 84 Aleworks Brewing & Tavern.
This place closed down. They were not brewing beer that long at all. A couple months?

Westerly Sun Article
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Best Brewery in every New England State

https://newengland.com/today/travel/new ... 07-05-2019
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Best Brewery in every New England State

https://newengland.com/today/travel/new ... 07-05-2019
Maine Beer Co beating out Allagash, Bissell Brothers, etc. is the one atrocity on the list. Ooh look at us, we sell cute little bottles of above average beer that sell individually for $6-7 a pop. Really this equates to a $23-25 4-pack of 16 ounce cans.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Went to this place while in Maine the last couple days, just opened 6 weeks ago. (Where I was reintroduced to Bob Marley, the comedian. Give him a listen sometime if you haven't. Warning: NSFW, at all, but often hilarious)

https://www.journaltribune.com/articles ... p-at-xota/

https://www.xotabrewing.com/

Had the Officiency and thought it was quite good.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Off topic but anyone else at Gillette tonight?
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Hearing rumors of another brewery opening up basically between Bayberry & the new Beer on Earth space. It will be going in to one of the automotive repair buildings across the street.
Rumors of a second brewery going in over there as well. Very reminiscent of the 3 breweries across the street from allagash in Portland.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago
spookydog wrote: 4 years ago Hearing rumors of another brewery opening up basically between Bayberry & the new Beer on Earth space. It will be going in to one of the automotive repair buildings across the street.
Rumors of a second brewery going in over there as well. Very reminiscent of the 3 breweries across the street from allagash in Portland.
Ha, picked the wrong time to move to Texas... A couple breweries clustered together is nice, though. We went to Missouri for a wedding, and they had a little downtown district with four less than quarter-mile from one another. That was also nice.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Lops Brewing in Woonsocket
Valley Breeze Article
Lops Brewing Grand Opening set for Saturday, July 27th.
Valley Breeze article about the grand opening.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Antler Ale Works (They were at Beer on Earth just before Thanksgiving) are opening a place near the Coca Cola building in downtown Providence.
Rumor of a 2nd brewery going into this space along with Antler Ale Works. 2nd brewery is being opened by a current assistant brewer at another RI brewery that shall remain nameless at the time since this isn't a done deal yet.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Spirit of Hudson is Saturday, August 10th from 4-7. They have not released a list of brewers yet, but we have always enjoyed our time there. Last year many recommended the Early-Bird so we are doing that for the extra hour. It is a great time if you've never been.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I heard Ravenous was looking to upgrade their space, but it hasn't happened yet
I have been meaning to post this but kept forgetting. They are moving about 5 miles south on Rt 122 to Cumberland near the 295/Mendon Road Exit
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Pawtucket Craft Crawl - Sept 22-28

Unread post by RF1 »

Pawtucket will have its first Craft Crawl for the same week as the city's Restaurant Week, Sept. 22-28. Will feature all six Pawtucket breweries and distilleries. Each establishment will be offering a unique drink special that week only.

Participants:
The Guild
Foolproof Brewing
Smug Brewing
Crooked Current Brewery
White Dog Distilling
Rhode Island Spirits.

Patrons will have the opportunity to complete a passport card to be stamped by each brewery and distillery with a purchase. Once a participant has completed a card, they will receive a special prize mixing glass with the logo of each establishment on it.

Screenshot_2019-08-29  TheGuildRI - Twitter Search.png

Craft Crawl will highlight Pawtucket’s unique drink scene
http://www.valleybreeze.com/2019-08-06/ ... Wg793t7m71
2 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago I heard Ravenous was looking to upgrade their space, but it hasn't happened yet
I have been meaning to post this but kept forgetting. They are moving about 5 miles south on Rt 122 to Cumberland near the 295/Mendon Road Exit
That's great news, there have often been weather closings as the drainage is quite poor in the current location and during severe events water can get into the door. Also puts them slightly closer to my usual commute.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Pawtucket Craft Crawl - Sept 22-28

Unread post by RF1 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago Pawtucket will have its first Craft Crawl for the same week as the city's Restaurant Week, Sept. 22-28. Will feature all six Pawtucket breweries and distilleries. Each establishment will be offering a unique drink special that week only.

Participants:
The Guild
Foolproof Brewing
Smug Brewing
Crooked Current Brewery
White Dog Distilling
Rhode Island Spirits.

Patrons will have the opportunity to complete a passport card to be stamped by each brewery and distillery with a purchase. Once a participant has completed a card, they will receive a special prize mixing glass with the logo of each establishment on it.
Screenshot_2019-08-29  TheGuildRI - Twitter Search.png

Craft Crawl will highlight Pawtucket’s unique drink scene
http://www.valleybreeze.com/2019-08-06/ ... Wg793t7m71
This event starts tomorrow Sunday 09/22/19 and goes through Saturday 09/28/19.
2 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago The homebrew shop in Jamestown, Conanicut Brewing, may start brewing their own beer. So yet another place to keep an eye on.
Place is going to be called The General’s Crossing. Beer is going to be served right from the brite tank. Opening in next month or so.
1 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago The homebrew shop in Jamestown, Conanicut Brewing, may start brewing their own beer. So yet another place to keep an eye on.
Place is going to be called The General’s Crossing. Beer is going to be served right from the brite tank. Opening in next month or so.
I do believe that they have already opened.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

FYI - There are plans for a Whalers Pub to be opening in TF Green airport sometime next year.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago FYI - There are plans for a Whalers Pub to be opening in TF Green airport sometime next year.
Oh my...I remember when they were just ........ Now, they literally and figuratively will be everywhere...
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There are brew pubs everywhere these days. I was in Boston on Saturday and went by three different brew pubs - Trillium Fenway just outside the Time Out Market food court at the Landmark Center, Night Shift in the basement of the Converse HQ by TD Garden, and Turtle Swamp Brewing in JP by the soon to be closing iconic Doyle's. Unfortunately did not have time to partake at any of them.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Turtle Swamp is one of my favorites. Sad about Doyle's.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Went to Beervana for the 1st time the other day --> I understand why these events have small time blocks, but for me to adequately and safely navigate the event, I just found myself needing another 30-60 minutes. That said, enjoyed the selection, exclusives, etc.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago Went to Beervana for the 1st time the other day --> I understand why these events have small time blocks, but for me to adequately and safely navigate the event, I just found myself needing another 30-60 minutes. That said, enjoyed the selection, exclusives, etc.
It is the only beer fest I go to these days. I think it is hands down the best one going. Since they split it into 2 sessions, the crowds were much lighter which was nice. Bathroom line was nice & short, which doesn't tend to be the case.

I went to the day session. Was going to go to the URI game at night but thought better of it.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago Went to Beervana for the 1st time the other day --> I understand why these events have small time blocks, but for me to adequately and safely navigate the event, I just found myself needing another 30-60 minutes. That said, enjoyed the selection, exclusives, etc.
It is the only beer fest I go to these days. I think it is hands down the best one going. Since they split it into 2 sessions, the crowds were much lighter which was nice. Bathroom line was nice & short, which doesn't tend to be the case.

I went to the day session. Was going to go to the URI game at night but thought better of it.
Along those lines - We went to Brew at the Zoo two years ago, and it was a cluster-eff. Super small samples, lines for everything, just way oversold. At least the money benefits the zoo, but we wouldn't go back unless we got word it really changed.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I'm hearing rumors about a brewery opening up in Chepachet over by the Purple Cat Winery/Brewery.
Looks like this place is going to be in Pascoag from what I hear.
Well, they have a site up, so I am guessing this is official now.

Bravo Brewing Company
Supposedly opening up in September.
A private soft opening on 11/2. Am guessing it will be opening to the public shortly after that.
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Beervana is really the best, I've been for 5 years straight now. Pro tip is the first 100 tickets when they go on sale in April-ish are $10 cheaper. I always do that, then by the time the fest comes around I feel like I'm going for free haha.

This year was lighter traffic as expected, things had gotten to a breaking point the past few years for the single session and the organizers really like it at that venue (Rhodes on the Pawtuxet). I do too, as our designated driver lives in Cranston and can get us here back home in Warwick no problem. And you do NEED a DD or Uber if you partake fully.

There's no other event I would picture having an 18% 10-year old IPA, a pickle sour, an imperial stout with coconut, and a port-barrel aged dark mixed fermentation beer all in the same night. Thank god for the Fellini's Pizza base before the event to keep my stomach intact.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Beervana is really the best, I've been for 5 years straight now. Pro tip is the first 100 tickets when they go on sale in April-ish are $10 cheaper. I always do that, then by the time the fest comes around I feel like I'm going for free haha.

This year was lighter traffic as expected, things had gotten to a breaking point the past few years for the single session and the organizers really like it at that venue (Rhodes on the Pawtuxet). I do too, as our designated driver lives in Cranston and can get us here back home in Warwick no problem. And you do NEED a DD or Uber if you partake fully.

There's no other event I would picture having an 18% 10-year old IPA, a pickle sour, an imperial stout with coconut, and a port-barrel aged dark mixed fermentation beer all in the same night. Thank god for the Fellini's Pizza base before the event to keep my stomach intact.
Well played. ('cept for the pickle sour...I don't even want pickles on the same plate as my food, never mind IN my brew :lol: )
1 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Well played. ('cept for the pickle sour...I don't even want pickles on the same plate as my food, never mind IN my brew :lol: )
Actually it isn't "really" like pickle juice, and that is my wife's criticism of that beer. It is really a cucumber gose style beer, none of the strong vinegar type taste you'd expect from the name. More like a slightly sour alcoholic cucumber water.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Actually it isn't "really" like pickle juice, and that is my wife's criticism of that beer. It is really a cucumber gose style beer, none of the strong vinegar type taste you'd expect from the name. More like a slightly sour alcoholic cucumber water.
Got it. Sounds a lot slightly less disgusting now. I think there's a 'pickle gose' at my local packy, I can't even imagine pulling the trigger on that.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

forgive me if this has been brought up already

but has anyone had this beer ?

i have someone telling me that it is "one of the best"

Tree House
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago forgive me if this has been brought up already

Tree House
It is excellent!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

cool - i have someone dropping me off some this week :)

let's all hope i don't have any friday night cas i will then become posting machine :)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago cool - i have someone dropping me off some this week :)

let's all hope i don't have any friday night cas i will then become posting machine :)
Don't worry about it - have extra!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The publication PASTE named Tree House the 2nd best brewery in all of America per a list of its top 50 in the last decade.

These 7 New England breweries are among the best breweries of the decade, according to ‘Paste’ magazine

https://www.boston.com/food/restaurants ... the-decade

Among the 50 breweries named, seven from New England made the list, with most of them landing within the top 10:

Jack’s Abby, Framingham, Mass. (No. 40)
Trillium Brewing Co., Canton, Mass. (No. 15)
The Alchemist, Stowe, Vermont (No. 10)
Hill Farmstead Brewing, Greensboro Bend, Vermont (No. 9)
Maine Beer Co., Freeport, Maine (No. 8)
Allagash Brewing Co., Portland, Maine (No. 4)
Tree House Brewing Co., Charlton, Mass. (No. 2)
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Tree House
Just to give you an idea of how much some people love Tree House beer I will give you info on my one trip there.

The main parking lot was so full that many cars were directed to the alternate dirt lot near Rte 20 that is not even in sight of the brewery building (was told this is not out of the norm much of the time) . Visitors then either take a shuttle bus or walk up the long winding hill to get to the brewery. They then queue up in long lines waiting up to an hour for the privilege of purchasing their beer. Nearly every can of beer is priced at the $5-7 each range. The crowds and demand are so large that they have done away with growler refills and much of the time the draft taps are not even running (mostly now restricted to very limited hours and days).

Keep in mind that all this is after many of the people that go there have driven more than an hour away coming from every part of New England. They will then have the same long drive afterward back home.

With all of these hassles, the only complaint most people have is that they were LIMITED in how much they could purchase. The maximum limit when I went was about 5 cases. I would say that at least 75% of the people in line bought the max. They came well prepared with coolers and ice in their vehicles along with carts to transport it (facility does not have enough hand trucks) from the building to car. Most people actually carefully pre-plan their visits with the variety and associated number of cans already tabulated.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I’m lucky in that I live right around the corner from Trillium’s Canton location, which is good enough that I don’t feel compelled to drive out to Tree House too frequently. But pretty much every time I’m traveling out that way I try to stop.

This past weekend I was at get together where most of the people were drinking wine, but luckily one of the other husbands had gone to Tree House earlier and brought some Haze and some Julius and it was lovely.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Haven't made it out to Treehouse yet, but it's def on my list. My uncle lives in Palmer and he's been more times than I can count.

I live on the North Shore in MA and have a few breweries in walking distance to me in Beverly

https://www.oldplanters.com/

https://www.channelmarkerbrewing.com/home

https://gentilebrewing.com/

Anyone ever around the Beverly area try and check these ones out
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Tree House
Just to give you an idea of how much some people love Tree House beer I will give you info on my one trip there.

The main parking lot was so full that many cars were directed to the alternate dirt lot near Rte 20 that is not even in sight of the brewery building (was told this is not out of the norm much of the time) . Visitors then either take a shuttle bus or walk up the long winding hill to get to the brewery. They then queue up in long lines waiting up to an hour for the privilege of purchasing their beer. Nearly every can of beer is priced at the $5-7 each range. The crowds and demand are so large that they have done away with growler refills and much of the time the draft taps are not even running (mostly now restricted to very limited hours and days).

Keep in mind that all this is after many of the people that go there have driven more than an hour away coming from every part of New England. They will then have the same long drive afterward back home.

With all of these hassles, the only complaint most people have is that they were LIMITED in how much they could purchase. The maximum limit when I went was about 5 cases. I would say that at least 75% of the people in line bought the max. They came well prepared with coolers and ice in their vehicles along with carts to transport it (facility does not have enough hand trucks) from the building to car. Most people actually carefully pre-plan their visits with the variety and associated number of cans already tabulated.
It sounds like it has been a little while since you've been, as the lower lot is now more rarely used, with the construction of an extra "upper lot" past the existing lot up the hill from the brewery. And the limit for at least a few months now has been around 20-25 CASES. (That used to be on the high end of CANS to take away from their previous location.) If you get the full allocation allowed, the price tag is in the $2,000+ range.

There is also a new bar within the right hand side of the building past the main entrance where the can line snakes to where you can get "line pours" while waiting. So the front bar area and retail shop is a bit less crowded in general with can sales out back.

In addition to this, Tree House is constructing an additional building of not much less area than the existing building out back for warehousing/barrel storage/etc. The rumor was they were going to re-purpose the old brewery in Monson as a barrel ale/small batch taproom but due to pushback from the neighbors who had flashbacks to the traffic nightmares when the brewery was open, this was abandoned. Hence they are probably factoring in all that square footage into the additional Charlton facility.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I have plans to check out Start Line Brewing in Hopkinton, MA tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it is.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago I have plans to check out Start Line Brewing in Hopkinton, MA tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it is.
I have been there. Not a bad place. Beer was decent. Would have great for me if it had been there during the six years when I worked just a short drive away down Rte 85.
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Foolproof up for sale...

PAWTUCKET -- Foolproof Brewing is on the market, according to owner Nick Garrison.
“After much debate and deliberation, I’ve decided to seek a buyer for Foolproof Brewing Company,” he said Tuesday. “There are a variety of personal and professional reasons for my decision.”
Those include challenges to the beer industry with an ever-growing level of competition, he said.
“Our growth in R.I. has been great,” he said. It’s beyond the borders where the competition makes the business so difficult.
People are also always looking for the next new thing and that, too, has become a challenge in the beer industry.
Personally, it’s hard to walk away, he said, but “I’m pretty burned out and not getting the results I had hoped for.”
An early entrant into the craft-beer scene seven years ago with Backyard IPA, Foolproof has grown over the years, to the point where they now have a capacity of 10,000 barrels a year. Garrison said that puts them in the top five producers of beer in Rhode Island.
Four years ago, Foolproof Brewing was among the first to make a collaboration beer, one with Walrus and Carpenter Oysters from Charlestown and chocolates made in Central Falls.
Garrison said the time is right to do this when it’s not their busy season.
“Foolproof will continue to operate, brew, and sell beer, but we will be tightening up operations as we seek a buyer,” he said.
That means limited available work during the coming months for some of his staff. He hopes other brewers will hire them.
Garrison said he hopes to find someone who wants to grow the brand or start out fresh.
Before starting Foolproof with investors, he was in the defense and aerospace industry. He isn’t sure right now what he’ll do after Foolproof.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/ ... p-for-sale
0 x
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Ah, that was surprising at first about Foolproof, but now that I think about it, there wasn't *one beer* I ever loved from them. We were always more excited to go to Crooked Current, just down the street.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I thought their Federal Hill was pretty good...never saw it in stores though
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It probably makes good financial sense for the owners of Foolproof to cash out now. Its worth is probably near the highest it will ever be. The ever increasing number of new micro-breweries is making it tougher to compete in the market and is driving down the $ value of most brewers.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I went to Apponaug Brewing for the first time on my way down to the PC game last Friday. Got dinner and sampled their beer. I liked their space and the food was ok. I however was not a big fan of the beer selection. Too many fruit infused beers for my taste.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Went to Start Line in Hopkinton, MA a couple of weeks ago. Excellent beer and food!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

SGreenwell
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago I went to Apponaug Brewing for the first time on my way down to the PC game last Friday. Got dinner and sampled their beer. I liked their space and the food was ok. I however was not a big fan of the beer selection. Too many fruit infused beers for my taste.
We love the food there - especially the chicken and waffles - but we're less into the beers as well. A couple decent ones, but we wouldn't go back for the beer, like, Proclamation or Crooked Current or Tilted Barn. (That was probably my top three, in no particular order.)
0 x