Conference Re-alignments?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Conference Re-alignments?

Unread post by Obadiah »

This week the AAC will be holding its annual meeting in Key Biscayne, FL where for four days member schools will discuss plans and issues for the coming year. As a sheer coincidence, the Big 12 will be simultaneously holding their annual meeting outside Dallas and given that one of their topics is expansion of the 10 member conference, it is good guess some of the AAC schools will have one ear poised in the direction of Dallas.

No one really knows how much interest the Big 12 has in expansion - it will take an 8-2 vote to approve - and while WVU and Oklahoma are proponents of expansion, others, notably Texas, TCU and Texas Tech are not.

Anytime there is a hiccup within the Power 5 conferences, the ripple effects have a way of impacting the non P5 conferences including the A-10, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of the Big 12 meeting next week. I am sure UConn is even more interested. Stay tuned.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Conference Re-alignments?

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Uconn in the big 12...
THIS JUST IN
Maine will accept an invite to the mountain west!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Conference Re-alignments?

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Not really sure how much the A10 would be effected this round. I know UMass would kill for a spot in the American, but I think they're the only program that is at risk of leaving. The Big East isn't at risk of losing a program and I haven't heard of them looking to expand.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines