Hurley is staying

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Hurley is staying

Unread post by TruePoint »

Ramblinrose wrote:If Dan turned into Brad Stevens ...with a title game in college .... that would be fine with me.
Geez man. We are talking about personality and demeanor. I almost explained myself in my post, but then I thought "people are smart enough to figure that out without being spoon fed." Dumb on my part.

If Dan tried to act like Brad Stevens, he would partially neuter himself. Part of what makes Brad so good is his demeanor and calm; part of what makes Hurley good is his intensity. Both of those strengths are in line with their respective personalities. But like RIFan said, there are downsides to being on the edge all the time emotionally, and I think even Hurley would admit that. The key is to find the right balance for Dan, which is probably going to be much different that the right balance for Brad, but can still be effective.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/n ... /181725590

Fast forward to the 6:50 mark. "I would've been a fool to leave this group."
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0%

The full quote has to make everyone who supports this program in any way very happy:

"I'm in a great spot. We've got a great program going here. Obviously in this business anytime you have an opportunity to look at something that could potentially be great you have to consider it. But when push comes to shove, right now, this university and the type of commitment they've made to me and the program.. just the quality of talent and people I have on staff and playing for me right now, I would have been a fool to leave this group."
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

great listen - thanks for sharing !

EC ahead of schedule w/ his rehab !
0 x