Game 29: @ Dayton, Feb 27, noon ESPN2

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Re: Game 29: @ Dayton, Feb 27, noon ESPN2

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

Just watched the game on DVR as my wife and I were one of the last 12 people to see the new Star Wars movie. Welcome to parenthood.

Have a total man crush on Berry. Feel so good for this kid. Played the pick and roll incredibly and sealed the block impressively. He's like my new Trot Nixon.

Great win. Feel good for the team. Too bad it's not a bubble type win.

Saw the pick and roll and match up zone today. It was beautiful.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good to hear Star Wars is still in theatres. Haven't seen it yet either with my 3mo old.

If anyone hasn't seen the game you can watch on watchespn.com

I watched on my phone after sequestering myself until 215. I figured we lost because a big win normally triggers a flurry of texts.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

The bigger the Berry the sweeter the juice.
"The juice" contributing 15 points today was great to see.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Fun win.

Deleted the rest of my post because Im fed up with DH's reluctance to play big guys. Further, that DH won't play big guys in roles with other big guys for them to succeed. This isn't the NBA, College teams that offensive rebound win.

What if UNC only played their bigs 1 at a time? DH is an idiot over the reluctance to play big.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Regarding playing bigs.
Berry clearly has skills that even Martin doesn't
have on offense.
Never puts it on the floor, which Hassan often does
and gets turned over.
Asked Hurley last year why Watson didn't play more
and I got that, he doesn't rotate on defense.
Sorry, but with the lack of inside depth, Berry
should be playing and should have played more.
There does seem a reluctance to go big with Dan's
coaching.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Just watched the game from DVR-Land. I want to thank Coach Hurley and his staff for prepping, coaching, and leading the players to the best damn win in four years! Passing, boxing-out, team-work, instructions, etc., GREAT TEAM-EFFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, all....
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I suspect that the way forward shall reveal many of the changes tested in the game today will become part of our game plan.

The zone often shut down some of the best athletes in the league and the pick and roll execution by Berry was the smoothest seen in a long time.

Could we be a dangerous team even in the short term?

Perhaps...but no question our coaching staff struck gold today
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

maybe with Berry's game today and with the Brown game....he will be worthy of even more minutes this years close out and continue his weight management to be a counted on force next year....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Thing about Berry aside from everything you can see from him in the game is that DH hasn't allowed him to fail out there. Basically every minute Berry has played he was effective/dominant. Play him more until he fails. If he doesn't then its obvious he is one of the more effective front court players.

I find the whole thing frustrating. From Hassan being forced to play long minutes as the sole big to the decision to never play Berry. y

Rod can't be disputed when he points out that Berry has shown skills that even HM has not shown out there. Berry makes it look easy, while HM at times makes it look like a high wire act. Not saying Berry is better than HM, but it is obvious Berry should have played regular minutes.

Ok, if you play Four along with JT, JG, KI, HM, you get a 3rd ball handler and a spacer with his shot. I would say that Four's ability as a guard is not as effective as Watson or Berry's effectiveness in a game as a big. I love having or watching a dynamic backcourt in college that fills it up and wins games but you can't force that.

Four shoots the basketball no doubt, but he misses more wide open threes than anyone else I watch in basketball. Usually when you judge a 3ball shooter you have to account for things like launching the shot as the shot clock dwindles or the defense is keyed on the shooter and defending. Examples? Munford shot many shots from deep with no time left on the shot clock and the team just threw the ball to him to launch it. The latter? Jim Baron Jr made shots with defenses selling out to stop him. Four is neither of these guys. He doesn't make it when the defense focuses on him. He hardly makes it with the clock winding down. And he sometimes makes them when he is open.

Long story, but I would rather take the burden off of HM to defend the hoop and rebound with another big. Throw Iverson on the perimeter because he basically shoots it close enough to Four's percentage anyway. Then have this team that can really rebound on both ends. Giving the team a chance to score.

Many programs have made hay the past 15 years playing 3 guys with height that give up some guard qualities but make up for it with the rebound. Pitt comes to mind 1st and then even Virginia on now. Brogdan is basically Hassan Martin's size.

When everyone was healthy in mid January URI should have started JG, JT, KI, HM, EW.

Then bring Berry in to spell EW/HM. Akele for KI. and CT/Four to spell JG and JT. Those board almost unanimously has said JG is exhausted at the end of games.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: DH is an idiot over the reluctance to play big.
Geesh. Tough crowd.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

neil wrote:I saw Berry at the open scrimmage. Granted Nicola stood out. But you could see the soft hands, and especially his ability to not putting it on the floor. It is to his credit that he continued to work hard even though he didn't get minutes. Kudos, today you were Berry good!
Even in his JUCO tape. The competition wasn't great but you can't fake good hands and good feet. I thought those tapes showed that Berry played with good control of his body in those tapes (and he had considerably more body then, too), and in the limited amount he has played his year I think I've seen the same thing. Great job by the big fella today.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Whoa. Of course I went back to work this week and missed this game, although I kept checking for score updates.

Kept waiting for our lead to disappear.

It never happened.

What the damn hell? In a good way!

Great job by all, and that's including the coaching staff with the new wrinkles.

Can't say much else since I didn't see it, but again awesome to see.

When I'm happy, you know things are weird! :D ;) :P

Oh, and I doubt Mr. Berry will be going anywhere. I can see him get 15-20 minutes a game going forward.....
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Nice to see that Jarvis's family was able to make the long trip from Milwaukee to see him play, and win.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Hassan will play better and to his strengths with a 5 type player along side him.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

105, you got that right.

How often in this program's history, have we had a big man that has post moves, and can score it inside besides put backs and alley oops?

Berry's got that ability. A little more weight loss and he will have the potential to stay on the floor longer by playing better D.

This has the potential to be a game changer.

Who would have thought this would happen today?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

....and the ability to change up the defense, play big, with incoming potential, and Coach may actually have some offense/defense options next season.....which, for me, is more important than depth....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Thing about Berry aside from everything you can see from him in the game is that DH hasn't allowed him to fail out there. Basically every minute Berry has played he was effective/dominant. Play him more until he fails. If he doesn't then its obvious he is one of the more effective front court players.

I find the whole thing frustrating. From Hassan being forced to play long minutes as the sole big to the decision to never play Berry. y

Rod can't be disputed when he points out that Berry has shown skills that even HM has not shown out there. Berry makes it look easy, while HM at times makes it look like a high wire act. Not saying Berry is better than HM, but it is obvious Berry should have played regular minutes.

Ok, if you play Four along with JT, JG, KI, HM, you get a 3rd ball handler and a spacer with his shot. I would say that Four's ability as a guard is not as effective as Watson or Berry's effectiveness in a game as a big. I love having or watching a dynamic backcourt in college that fills it up and wins games but you can't force that.

Four shoots the basketball no doubt, but he misses more wide open threes than anyone else I watch in basketball. Usually when you judge a 3ball shooter you have to account for things like launching the shot as the shot clock dwindles or the defense is keyed on the shooter and defending. Examples? Munford shot many shots from deep with no time left on the shot clock and the team just threw the ball to him to launch it. The latter? Jim Baron Jr made shots with defenses selling out to stop him. Four is neither of these guys. He doesn't make it when the defense focuses on him. He hardly makes it with the clock winding down. And he sometimes makes them when he is open.

Long story, but I would rather take the burden off of HM to defend the hoop and rebound with another big. Throw Iverson on the perimeter because he basically shoots it close enough to Four's percentage anyway. Then have this team that can really rebound on both ends. Giving the team a chance to score.

Many programs have made hay the past 15 years playing 3 guys with height that give up some guard qualities but make up for it with the rebound. Pitt comes to mind 1st and then even Virginia on now. Brogdan is basically Hassan Martin's size.

When everyone was healthy in mid January URI should have started JG, JT, KI, HM, EW.

Then bring Berry in to spell EW/HM. Akele for KI. and CT/Four to spell JG and JT. Those board almost unanimously has said JG is exhausted at the end of games.

I totally agree. I'm also tired of only playing one big at a time. Berry definitely deserved more time this year.
Every time he came in, he either scored or got a key rebound.
I realize he has limitations, but there is definitely a place for him-on the floor.
I'm hoping no one transfer out. I see talent in all of the bench players.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well with the emergence of Berry we'll have 5 guys to play the 4 and 5 positions next season.

Will be able to play all kinds of combinations depending on game situations and matchups.

Nice "problem" to have.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah I've seen way more things I like about Berry than I don't like. He's looked better than Earl really... At least in the layup department lately. Earl tailed off late last season too, must be something about February that just messes him up.
But Andre, with touch and post moves like that, if he keeps adding muscle as well as losing fat, he could be really really good for us.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

He's got (Berry) great hands, great feet and a knack for quick release, I wouldn't have at DH for not playing him more, but I definitely think the moratorium on going big should be over as of now and going forward (with 3 bigs coming in next season). Even when pressed into action at the end of the game with the Flyers applying very impressive full-court pressure, Berry seemed very composed and confident out there.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I truly think Hurley's desire to play man defense for 40 minutes is the only reason Berry does not get more PT. He cannot play man "D' so as long as the philosophy sticks his time will be limited.. On the positive side, the next few games could tweak Hurley's philosophy a bit.. Berry will get his chance. Let's see what he does with it.. Nothing wrong with getting 5 or 6 layups a game from your big man.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

ElmCityRhody wrote:Berry berry berry can't you see..
Sometimes your moves just hypnotize me
This is signature material.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Glad to see Berry step up - he does a lot of things well. His conditioning has improved greatly since he came to rhody. Honestly he is the type of big we see at other schools in smaller conferences that I always thought would fit well on our team, a little undersized in height but really very polished skill-wise. How hard he works on his conditioning going forward will determine his ceiling here, but unlike some of the more athletic bigs we have had it is less a question of skill or finesse.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Many a poster last year questioned Dan's use of Earl and wanting him to see more time, and we know how that worked out. Similarly in this case i wouldn't rush to the conclusion that Berry deserved more time earlier in the year. It's a small sample size and all about match ups, with Dayton's short and not overly athletic front line it was a good fit for Berry, on top of it being a necessity due to a depleted lineup.

That said, he clearly has ball skills and a good feel for the game, which is invaluable. Given his girth he could be a valuable weapon if he can gain some quickness in the off season by dropping some more weight.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

section(105) wrote:? Did either of the announcers explain the injury, how caused for the JG mask?
I listened for this when I watched again. They referenced an injury but didn't really go into it until later in the game when he got hurt again. Then they brought up Newkirk and the mask, saying how it has to get approved before each game and how much he hates it. Garrett was in a lot of pain and was fumbling to even get the mask off. Jared had to do it for him. His resilience is incredible. He was clearly hurting, crouching down on the court... then shook it off and kept playing.

Teams are starting to close on him quicker around the three point line, but he continues to make really good decisions, rarely forces a shot from there. His turnovers are up since the injury (if I calculated correctly 1.95/game before, 3.4 after) but how couldn't they be? His play is inspiring, and the maturation that both he and Terrell have shown is incredible.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

My bad on the announcer thing..

I actually retracted it a few mins when they showed the announcers

I jumped the gun.. I know ESPN sometimes calls a game from Bristol and not from the venue

My bad
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

those are typically Friday night games (i think the first Dayton game was that way) when the announcers are all travelling to get to Saturday games
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Running Ram wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:We get a GREAT win without EC and Hassan, and people are STILL bitching about the refs? Can't we just enjoy this win without finding something to complain about?
no one is complaining, did you read our posts, we're impressed that the team maintained composure and weathered the storm, as far as the officiating the point is, it should be an expected part of all away games and an obstacle to be faced and overcome in order to beat good teams and that's what we did in an most impressive way today!
I agreed with RR on the officiating because it could have impacted the outcome of the game, if not for our shooting. We only went to the line 13 times, and the last 5 were desperation fouls by Dayton. Both teams play aggressive defense, and for the team that had the lead by double digits most of the game, to have an almost 3-1 deficit in free throws is unacceptable in my view. Just because we won, doesn't mean that I can't discuss a season long problem. Basically it was a great win with a tremendous amount of adversity (including the refs), and I am thrilled for the guys. You may call it bitching, but I call it an observation of what transpired.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RAM67 wrote:
Running Ram wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:We get a GREAT win without EC and Hassan, and people are STILL bitching about the refs? Can't we just enjoy this win without finding something to complain about?
no one is complaining, did you read our posts, we're impressed that the team maintained composure and weathered the storm, as far as the officiating the point is, it should be an expected part of all away games and an obstacle to be faced and overcome in order to beat good teams and that's what we did in an most impressive way today!
I agreed with RR on the officiating because it could have impacted the outcome of the game, if not for our shooting. We only went to the line 13 times, and the last 5 were desperation fouls by Dayton. Both teams play aggressive defense, and for the team that had the lead by double digits most of the game, to have an almost 3-1 deficit in free throws is unacceptable in my view. Just because we won, doesn't mean that I can't discuss a season long problem. Basically it was a great win with a tremendous amount of adversity (including the refs), and I am thrilled for the guys. You may call it bitching, but I call it an observation of what transpired.

That is typically the norm for officiating. In places other than Kingston, RI, there is usually a big bias in favor of the home team.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I was also calling for Watson to play last year. If I remember it correctly, the issue for me was that Gil would go to the bench after the first few minutes with foul trouble and URI would role with 4guards and HM.

I'm in the camp that wants HM to play with another big guy on the floor. Thats all.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

twisted3829 wrote:those are typically Friday night games (i think the first Dayton game was that way) when the announcers are all travelling to get to Saturday games
I was looking for the crew in the first ud game, and they were not at courtside.
They were clearly in ohio yesterday.
Pretty sure i saw secret service in one of the shots.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I was glad to see the coach willing to try some different tactics to achieve our goals.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Check out the IG post that just went up on @goRhodyRams !!! Awesome!!!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

It's only natural for Ram fans to savor this win, since we have been starved for such a great game for many moons. After watching the gamelive, I could not help but watching the replay on ESPN again and again. I know sort of a homer.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Former Ram Jimmy Baron is following the program in Europe and seems stoked about yesterday's win.

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Does anyone know why Berry got no minutes all year??? I understand he was out of shape, but you're telling me this kid couldn't have played 5 to 10 minutes a game? Working with Daniel Marshall, practicing every day, he's in good enough shape for that. So many games our bigs looked gassed or were in foul trouble it kinda aggravates me that he's just sitting on the bench...Obviously we only watch the games so Hurley and our staff know what's best for this team. I just hope they see that we may have a steal in Berry and once everyone is here and healthy next year he doesn't just go back to sitting...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote:Does anyone know why Berry got no minutes all year??? I understand he was out of shape, but you're telling me this kid couldn't have played 5 to 10 minutes a game? Working with Daniel Marshall, practicing every day, he's in good enough shape for that. So many games our bigs looked gassed or were in foul trouble it kinda aggravates me that he's just sitting on the bench...Obviously we only watch the games so Hurley and our staff know what's best for this team. I just hope they see that we may have a steal in Berry and once everyone is here and healthy next year he doesn't just go back to sitting...
A secret weapon is only a secret if nobody knows about it!

:lol:
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

That is typically the norm for officiating. In places other than Kingston, RI, there is usually a big bias in favor of the home team.[/quote]

Of course, the mass officiating conspiracy!! All NCAA officials are out to screw URI. It is directive from J.D. Collins and former head of officiating John Adams. I was at the Cask & Flagon when they all met...and I heard Collins and Adams give the orders.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

I agree with many on this board that it is a poor reflection on Hurley and his staff that they could/would not find a role for Berry on this year's team. I'm not saying his the second coming of Bill Russell or anything so let's not get carried away. But...

A coach only has a certain number of scholarships to hand out. If a kid is on scholarship and doesn't play, what good is the scholarship? He clearly had something to contribute to this year's Ram team. It's incumbent on a coach to put the players in a position where they can best utilize their skill set and succeed. It appears that the coaching staff was asleep at the wheel on Berry. That's very disappointing. If the kid did what he was supposed to do in practice, then you give him some chances in a game. If he takes advantage of those opportunities, then he earns more playing time. If not, then he gets less. But why did it take the absence of a player and late February for this kid to get an opportunity?

Again, I don't think Berry could've played 30+ minutes a night for 30 games this year. But he definitely had something to offer. Too bad it's too late to have significant impact this year.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Watched the game yesterday with Little Red and my father-in-law. Both were wondering why I wasn't jumping up and down. I had the same look on my face as on the night of Oct. 27, 2004 -- jaw wide open, no sound coming out. I'm still stunned today. Did that really happen?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm loving Terrell's mid-range pull up jumper. That's one of the things he was so good at in high school. It seems that 10-12 footer is becoming a lost art in basketball. It's either launch a three or take it all the way to the hoop. He's hitting it consistently now. Very impressed with the strides he has made in the last month or so.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Billyboy78 wrote:I'm loving Terrell's mid-range pull up jumper. That's one of the things he was so good at in high school. It seems that 10-12 footer is becoming a lost art in basketball. It's either launch a three or take it all the way to the hoop. He's hitting it consistently now. Very impressed with the strides he has made in the last month or so.
He's been awesome! great at reading the defense and getting to his spots where he shoots at a higher %..Remember when he couldn't finish around the hoop? He's only going to get better it's gonna be fun to watch.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Ready for this?.......I am not sure that Coach likes the big man game, likes the inside outside game, and prefers the the smaller guard dominated offense....and only those that likes the nose to nose, belly to belly foul orientated defense....have at that one.....yes, tell me all about the incoming might be good players....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think there will be changes in style going forward.

How much is yet to be determined of course.

If the bigs are good they will play. At least 2 of them at a time in most circumstances.

Now Berry might not play much in a more uptempo offense, but if he's in shape, maybe he will?

The difference is, Dan should have many more options.
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Yep!!!!!!! How I felt after Satudays win.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:I agree with many on this board that it is a poor reflection on Hurley and his staff that they could/would not find a role for Berry on this year's team. I'm not saying his the second coming of Bill Russell or anything so let's not get carried away. But...

A coach only has a certain number of scholarships to hand out. If a kid is on scholarship and doesn't play, what good is the scholarship? He clearly had something to contribute to this year's Ram team. It's incumbent on a coach to put the players in a position where they can best utilize their skill set and succeed. It appears that the coaching staff was asleep at the wheel on Berry. That's very disappointing. If the kid did what he was supposed to do in practice, then you give him some chances in a game. If he takes advantage of those opportunities, then he earns more playing time. If not, then he gets less. But why did it take the absence of a player and late February for this kid to get an opportunity?

Again, I don't think Berry could've played 30+ minutes a night for 30 games this year. But he definitely had something to offer. Too bad it's too late to have significant impact this year.
I love AB, but let's be real...he HAS TO play now and he has surprised. If everyone was healthy, I don't see him taking anyone's minutes. Til now, he has been a work in progress...he was key against Brown a couple months ago, but seems like he's been working and getting in better shape all year. "Asleep at the wheel"? Seriously? I'm guessing he's one of few that are in better shape now than a couple months ago...and think he's being used just fine. Dayton pace was fine for him, but not sure he could keep up with VCU for long stretches?

But, no reason that a win with a seriously depleted roster can't still be used as an opportunity to take a swipe at the coach
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:Watched the game yesterday with Little Red and my father-in-law. Both were wondering why I wasn't jumping up and down. I had the same look on my face as on the night of Oct. 27, 2004 -- jaw wide open, no sound coming out. I'm still stunned today. Did that really happen?

Hear! Hear!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:That is typically the norm for officiating. In places other than Kingston, RI, there is usually a big bias in favor of the home team.
Of course, the mass officiating conspiracy!! All NCAA officials are out to screw URI. It is directive from J.D. Collins and former head of officiating John Adams. I was at the Cask & Flagon when they all met...and I heard Collins and Adams give the orders.[/quote]

Don't you mean "Sam" Adams?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Berry has only played good. He wasn't allowed to fail against vcu.

Take people's minutes?? Must be referring to HM. Obviously not.

Anyone pulling for Berry has been asking for 10 minutes a game.

Speculate about his shape/endurance? Again both times we have been able to see him he looks fine.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Maybe he hasn't failed because he hasn't been used in spots where he would. How do you think he would fare against Alie-Cox or Isaiah Miles or Kevin Larsen...could he defend either Cavanaugh or Terry Allen for Richmond? Should he have taken minutes from Kuran? This is arm chair QB 101 to now question Berry's usage. The kid played a helluva game when pressed into action, he will see more action in the next few games.
0 x