Game 27: Duquesne Saturday Feb 20, 7:00PM Cox Sports/OSN

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Game 27: Duquesne Saturday Feb 20, 7:00PM Cox Sports/OSN

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote:Best developments of this season by far have been the improvements of JG and JT, really starting with A10 play. A big knock on JT was his ability to finish in traffic and score through contact, he has shown marked improvement there over his last 8-10 games. JG has been a star in A10 play, his lone blemish this year are a couple of badly timed missed FTs and questionable decisions but all in all especially for a Soph he has been stellar.

As I mentioned before, anyone who wants to question DHs ability in talent development should compare JG and JT to Cartwright and Lindsey. Similar rankings, and PCs guys aren't asked to do as much as our two, but from a development standpoint Jarvis and Jared are light years ahead.
JG and JT are easily the best thing happening this season. Terrell has a confidence that comes off as irrepressible, but it took him a minute to find himself and his game once Matthews was out. Aside from the guards, people were taking bets on when Iverson would lose it and become a distraction to this team. In a season filled with frustration, it's a credit to these players that they've continued to compete, and Iverson in particular has represented himself well, given the baggage he came in with, and proven people wrong. Good for him.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I fully expect KI to be a double/double machine next season. Big difference maker if he can do it.

He's the only true 3 on this team, this year and next.

That's where he has a big matchup advantage. Not at the 4, where he's had to play most of the time this season.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

How was McGlynn's game against Duquesne?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I feel like Four has faded into the background.

Seems like he is just trying to be there for the team and do his best. Thats good.

I thought the shot fake he had to get a wide open shot was good. Then I thought the missed wide open shot was pretty bad. Nothing else really stuck out.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Highlights and Post game press conference with Coach Hurley, Jared and Jarvis.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/uris-big ... -duquesnes
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

rodfromcranston wrote:Hey the bitch slapping pussy is back!
I didn't see the game.
South Carolina and Marco Rubio had my
time and full attention.
We beat shitty Duquesne by two points. BFD!
Go shit in a hat.
Agree or disagree with Rod as you will. I wont dis somone who is so supportive of a team that I am passionate about. Lets keep the dissing for PC trolls.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I feel like Four has faded into the background.

Seems like he is just trying to be there for the team and do his best. Thats good.

I thought the shot fake he had to get a wide open shot was good. Then I thought the missed wide open shot was pretty bad. Nothing else really stuck out.
And without Thompson in the second half, there weren't really other options anyway.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Any chance we can keep the political discussions in another forum. I deal with politics and government for my job. The last thing I want to do is come to a board about a sport that you can love no matter what your political preference and have to read conspiracy ridden political opinions in between legitimate basketball talk.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

ace wrote:
bigappleram wrote:Best developments of this season by far have been the improvements of JG and JT, really starting with A10 play. A big knock on JT was his ability to finish in traffic and score through contact, he has shown marked improvement there over his last 8-10 games. JG has been a star in A10 play, his lone blemish this year are a couple of badly timed missed FTs and questionable decisions but all in all especially for a Soph he has been stellar.

As I mentioned before, anyone who wants to question DHs ability in talent development should compare JG and JT to Cartwright and Lindsey. Similar rankings, and PCs guys aren't asked to do as much as our two, but from a development standpoint Jarvis and Jared are light years ahead.
JG and JT are easily the best thing happening this season. Terrell has a confidence that comes off as irrepressible, but it took him a minute to find himself and his game once Matthews was out. Aside from the guards, people were taking bets on when Iverson would lose it and become a distraction to this team. In a season filled with frustration, it's a credit to these players that they've continued to compete, and Iverson in particular has represented himself well, given the baggage he came in with, and proven people wrong. Good for him.
A-10 Conference Games Stats
J. Terrell - 16.1 ppg, 47% FG, 35% 3FG, 80% FT, 3.1 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.8 topg, .8 spg
J. Garrett - 16.2 ppg, 50% FG, 57% 3FG, 70% FT, 3.5 rpg, 4.7 apg, 2.7 topg, 1.5 spg

The play of Garrett and Terrell in conference play is definitely this year's silver lining. A month and a half ago, I was one of the people (or maybe the person) questioning whether Terrell could be a consistent contributor. His play over the last 9 games has made those questions look silly. But Garrett is the centerpiece moving forward as far as I'm concerned. Playing with a broken jaw and a giant facemask, he's still one of the best pg's in the league and he's a sophomore. Obviously learning how to win against quality opponents is the big hurdle here, but we all know how long its been since we had guard play this good.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

BleedBlue87 wrote:Any chance we can keep the political discussions in another forum. I deal with politics and government for my job. The last thing I want to do is come to a board about a sport that you can love no matter what your political preference and have to read conspiracy ridden political opinions in between legitimate basketball talk.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this has already been addressed. I've created a thread to discuss the election and politics in general (link here), if people are so inclined. And I will be moving posts made in other threads into that thread to keep the conversation contained there - including posts already made in this thread. I just haven't gotten to cleaning this thread up yet, because it is Monday and I have a stack of things on my desk leftover from last week that I have to clear first. I'll take care of it, though.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I vote for that :D :D
Last edited by ramster 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

That's why we pay you the big bucks, TruePoint! Great job setting up the Election2016 thread.
0 x