CELTICS and the NBA

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: CELTICS and the NBA

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Dino611 wrote: 11 months ago Woooofffff

I’ve just got good intel Joe Mazzulla is going bye bye once this series is over
Lol...anyone that watched last night's game got the same Intel. And if they didn't watch the game, but saw the box score this morning, they're up to speed as well.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Can't speak for all Celtics fans, but when I saw that 97% I just laughed. No one should have bought that. Whatever model ESPN is using is garbage.
1 x
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

What a horrible way for a promising season to limp to the end. It is embarrassing.

I like Joe. Was happy for him when he got the job but it is clear he isn’t ready to be in the position he was placed in. He needed more years of seasoning as an assistant.

It is hard to believe that Brad and ownership could not see that. Did they ignore it? Did they think they could help him through the rough patches that are inevitable for a first time HC ? Did they think (wrongly) that the players had enough talent and maturity to cover the inexperience ?

There are a lot of questions that should be asked because a promising season was blown and a potentially promising coaching career has been derailed.

This situation is an utter failure for the entire Celtics organization top to bottom.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sure the buck stops with Brad Stevens who promoted Mazzulla but Mazzulla has blown a huge opportunity. Mazzulla not taking times outs in a timely manner, if at all, made David Cox time out philosophy look good.
His in game and post game interviews were loaded with head scratching statements. He has lost the team.
Saying he wasn't ready tends to put or deflect the blame on others. Mazzulla has been awful. Tune in to the Boston Talk shows and get an earful on Mazzulla. Also Boston talk shows are not high at all on Tatum or Brown either or the atrocious 3P shooting of Al Horford. Not looking good.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Stuff happens and chemistry is huge when the opponent talent level is close and they got it and you don’t.

Decent run for this group but no titles.

Will definitely get blown up. Multiple pieces still have big value.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago It is hard to believe that Brad and ownership could not see that. Did they ignore it? Did they think they could help him through the rough patches that are inevitable for a first time HC ? Did they think (wrongly) that the players had enough talent and maturity to cover the inexperience ?

There are a lot of questions that should be asked because a promising season was blown and a potentially promising coaching career has been derailed.

This situation is an utter failure for the entire Celtics organization top to bottom.
It's his first year as the coach, and he was a kind of "emergency replacement" after the previous one got fired for sexual harassment / sleeping with a subordinate / some other reason(s) that'll never see the light of day, and Will Hardy left for Utah. They actually won six more games this year than last year and finished third in Coach of the Year voting; I'm not sure how you justify firing him in-season. Now that you've seen the results in the playoffs though, yeah, I think they have plenty of reasons to either change the head coach, or substantially change the roster.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Both
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Lakers favored by 3 tonight at home vs Denver
Denver could close out the series tonight currently up 3-0
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would like to see Mazzulla fired

Also break the core up I like trading JB and Smart for something good
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This was funny because after Charles said you must not have watched the game then Gabe Vincent tried to hide his own laugh. Vincent knew the Celtics played bad. Pretty funny comment by Barkley.

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 11 months agoBoth
Agreed. You don't get 1 star + 1 star = 2 stars worth with the two stars they have now...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 11 months ago I would like to see Mazzulla fired

Also break the core up I like trading JB and Smart for something good
Sorry...JB is tougher than Tatum and has Harden-like potential...if he could just get rid of that dribbling off his own foot or giving it to the other team off the dribble kind of thing...I take JB over JT.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LOS ANGELES -- — Nikola Jokic is a player unlike almost anything the NBA has ever seen, and now he's taking his Denver Nuggets somewhere they've never been.
Jokic had 30 points, 14 rebounds and 13 assists, and the Nuggets advanced to the NBA Finals for the first time in team history Monday night, sweeping the Western Conference finals with a 113-111 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Jamal Murray scored 25 points for the top-seeded Nuggets, who overcame LeBron James’ 31-point first half and a 15-point halftime deficit with a tenacious finish in Game 4 to earn their first conference title in their 47 NBA seasons.
“It’s incredible,” Murray said. “It’s a lot of fun. It’s surreal. We’re going to keep making history, that’s the thing. We’re going to keep that mindset.”
Jokic earned his eighth triple-double of the playoffs by the third quarter, breaking Wilt Chamberlain’s 1967 NBA record for triple-doubles in a single postseason. The bulky Serbian center with a point guard's grace also led the Nuggets’ gritty defensive effort despite picking up his fifth foul midway through the fourth quarter.
Jokic didn't leave the floor for the final 33 minutes of Game 4 — and when Denver needed a big basket, Jokic delivered that as well. He muscled past Anthony Davis for the game's final points on a layup with 51 seconds to play.://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2014.html
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2A4EBF79-D15B-4E1D-A339-CAEEC9543A35.png
Amazing
Jokic to Denver with the 41st pick in 2014
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Houston hiring of fired Celtics Coach impact?

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/ ... 18639.html
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

I think Brown for Beal is a likely trade attempt. Would shorten the window a bit (Beal will be 30) but a shake up is needed. Be a good start.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Trade brown, get a star Big. Most star tandems are guard-forward oriented , ie Denver. Hortford is on his way out, Williams is a good back up but gets hurt.
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I’m in the minority obviously but I’m hopeful that Brad and Wyc do not give in to the media and fan hysteria and break up the core of the team. This series has been an embarrassment but they had the best duo in the league before the series and they will have the best duo in the league after the series. A single playoff series is a high variance event, if they could play the same series 1000 times you’d get 1000 different results. In my opinion overreacting to a low probability outcome in this series would be emotionally gratifying but poor longterm strategy. Jayson and Jaylen are still pre-prime, they have demonstrated an ability to win in the playoffs and beat good teams already in their careers. If they wanted to pursue a Nick Nurse to coach this team rather than Joe I wouldn’t complain but as far as major personnel turnover I think it would be a mistake.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Assuming Jaylen wants to be here (he gives me Kyrie vibes) then I am running it back with Tatum/Brown and trying to add a 3rd star with a bit more of a killer instinct. Beal and Lillard are obvious targets if they come available. I'd be interested in KAT if he comes available but he does not seem to have that dog in him so I'd be more so targeting Beal and Lillard, especially Lillard. KAT would be a fit in the sense he could fill that big man who can shoot and create floor spacing.

First order of business is shitcanning Mazzula as soon as the clock hits zero tonight.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 11 months ago Assuming Jaylen wants to be here (he gives me Kyrie vibes) then I am running it back with Tatum/Brown and trying to add a 3rd star with a bit more of a killer instinct. Beal and Lillard are obvious targets if they come available. I'd be interested in KAT if he comes available but he does not seem to have that dog in him so I'd be more so targeting Beal and Lillard, especially Lillard. KAT would be a fit in the sense he could fill that big man who can shoot and create floor spacing.

First order of business is shitcanning Mazzula as soon as the clock hits zero tonight.
Win or lose?

Agree, Brown does give me a little Kyrie vibe (I know...gross), but I think he's tougher than Tatum and I'd take JB over JT...
Too bad JB doesn't have Kyrie's handle...then it would be a slam dunk, no doubter. But I think it's probably JB that gets jettisoned into obscurity, unfortunately.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I don’t understand comparing Jaylen to Kyrie. Jaylen is a dude of substance, super smart, serious, articulate. Kyrie is a clown show, deeply unserious and foolish. Maybe you don’t share all of Jaylen’s worldviews but I think being unable to distinguish between him and Kyrie is telling on yourself.

Anyways, to keep Jaylen and Tatum (which I am nearly positive they will do) means paying them both $50M+ per year. Even if Wyc could afford that AND the luxury tax implications, there is no way to add a third superstar under the incoming CBA. So it’s Jaylen and Jayson and then tinkering around the edges. Eventually Al’s money will come off the books and it seems unlikely they’ll extend Grant, so they may be able to maneuver for a borderline sub-all star starter, but not much beyond that. Marcus has little value to another team in a trade, so that’s not a realistic avenue for upgrading. This is basically the team, they’re just going to have to grow and learn into being what we want them to be.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Just saying...if you're Miami...better not let the Cs win tonite. They win tonight, then it's back to Boston....they could easily win there...then it's back to a coin flip at your place, and before you know it, it's Game 7 at the garden....anything could happen.

Trying to be an encourager...how'd I do?

And not for nuthin', but...is it wrong, now that C Martin is playing really well, that I somehow subconsciously connect him to the reason Nevada never played their game here? Like, the better he plays against the Celtics...the more it was his fault...right??
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ok so I watch the interviews this morning and both JB and Smart both say don’t let us win tonight same thing Millar said in 2004 when the Sox came back

Then it gets better both ARod and Jeter are sitting courtside what a freaking omen

Celtics in 7 baby !!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago Just saying...if you're Miami...better not let the Cs win tonite. They win tonight, then it's back to Boston....they could easily win there...then it's back to a coin flip at your place, and before you know it, it's Game 7 at the garden....anything could happen.

Trying to be an encourager...how'd I do?

And not for nuthin', but...is it wrong, now that C Martin is playing really well, that I somehow subconsciously connect him to the reason Nevada never played their game here? Like, the better he plays against the Celtics...the more it was his fault...right??
Great call 208, I do recall URI playing the twins in the 16-17 season and couldn’t stand Caleb then , can’t stand all things Reno with Muss bailing on us
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 11 months ago I don’t understand comparing Jaylen to Kyrie. Jaylen is a dude of substance, super smart, serious, articulate. Kyrie is a clown show, deeply unserious and foolish. Maybe you don’t share all of Jaylen’s worldviews but I think being unable to distinguish between him and Kyrie is telling on yourself.

Anyways...
I agree that Kyrie is a clown and JB is not.
But to insinuate that saying 'one person gives you a vibe of someone else" is the same as "not being able to distinguish between them" is, I think, more "telling" on you than it is me.... :lol:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Man, part of it there, when he started talking about his 'legacy' with the music and the lights...it gave me a Ego / Star Lord vibe for a minute.
I guess I can't tell the difference between the NBA and Guardians of the Galaxy.. :?

ETA... have always been a big Melo fan...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pedro's going tonight, right?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s go Boston Celtics great job in G5 !!
1 x
limkangyoung
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by limkangyoung »

reef wrote: 11 months ago Let’s go Boston Celtics great job in G5 !!
Good game!
Congraz Celtic on the win!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Hopefully, Schill is ready to go tomorrow
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Get ready for a Game 6 war
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago Hopefully, Schill is ready to go tomorrow
What about Pedey will he be ready too ??
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Derrick freaking White saves the season baby !!
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yup, freeking amazing.

Derrick White = Mark Bellhorn, who hit a 3 run tall jack in Game 6 that - after vide review (it bounced off a fan and back on to the field) - proved to be the game-winner.

ETA: And, not really related, but am I the only one that thinks, in the 'old Chuck' 'young Chuck in a Suns get-up' that this is flat-out hysterical?:
Young Chuck: How many championships do I win? No, don't tell me, I wanna be surprised.
Old Chuck: Oh, you're gonna be surprised...

That...is some funny stuff right there...makes me laugh every time
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago Yup, freeking amazing.

Derrick White = Mark Bellhorn, who hit a 3 run tall jack in Game 6 that - after vide review (it bounced off a fan and back on to the field) - proved to be the game-winner.

ETA: And, not really related, but am I the only one that thinks, in the 'old Chuck' 'young Chuck in a Suns get-up' that this is flat-out hysterical?:
Young Chuck: How many championships do I win? No, don't tell me, I wanna be surprised.
Old Chuck: Oh, you're gonna be surprised...

That...is some funny stuff right there...makes me laugh every time
Yeah that whole inside the NBA crew I think is great , probably the best studio show out there
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

End of game 6 was bizarro world
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

How many '04 Soxers will they trot out there pre-game tonight? Asked or not, I'd assume at least a few would be there... You'd probably have to hire people in order to keep Wake away from that...knowing Wake will be there probably has Wyc's crew on the horn to make darn sure to do better/coordinate this thing so you don't end up with a Wake headliner....Big Papi with a mic pre-game would bring down the house (so would Manny, or Millar, D Lowe...), or even this guy:

Hopefully, they get as many as possible...put em all out there and then play that oh so lame 'this is how we do it' song, but just the hook, with an 04 LCS montage...or maybe just the Roberts steal, on loop replay...for about 20 seconds max. Maybe 10. ETA: Ok, maybe skip that part.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago How many '04 Soxers will they trot out there pre-game tonight? Asked or not, I'd assume at least a few would be there... You'd probably have to hire people in order to keep Wake away from that...knowing Wake will be there probably has Wyc's crew on the horn to make darn sure to do better/coordinate this thing so you don't end up with a Wake headliner....Big Papi with a mic pre-game would bring down the house (so would Manny, or Millar, D Lowe...), or even this guy:

Hopefully, they get as many as possible...put em all out there and then play that oh so lame 'this is how we do it' song, but just the hook, with an 04 LCS montage...or maybe just the Roberts steal, on loop replay...for about 20 seconds max. Maybe 10. ETA: Ok, maybe skip that part.
The Celtics watched the 04 documentary 4 days in October the 30 for 30 made about the 2004 Red Sox when they were down 3-0 to the Heat , really good motivation
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

reef wrote: 11 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago How many '04 Soxers will they trot out there pre-game tonight? Asked or not, I'd assume at least a few would be there... You'd probably have to hire people in order to keep Wake away from that...knowing Wake will be there probably has Wyc's crew on the horn to make darn sure to do better/coordinate this thing so you don't end up with a Wake headliner....Big Papi with a mic pre-game would bring down the house (so would Manny, or Millar, D Lowe...), or even this guy:

The Celtics watched the 04 documentary 4 days in October the 30 for 30 made about the 2004 Red Sox when they were down 3-0 to the Heat , really good motivation
Unfortunately, I think you meant against the Yankees in 2004.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jesus what a debacle that was , game 7 an unmitigated disaster from the Celtics standpoint
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Speechless. Still. Why they didn't play up that 04 Sox squad more...I have no idea. Missed chance to raise the roof of the gah-den.
About the only thing positive all night was at least they didn't wear those black uniforms.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Caleb Martin quite the success story

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory ... d-99703303
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 11 months ago Caleb Martin quite the success story

Yep, and the sole reason Nevada blew Rhody off a few years ago. Pinning that 100% on him, especially after that performance
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago

Yep, and the sole reason Nevada blew Rhody off a few years ago. Pinning that 100% on him, especially after that performance
When we lost to Nevada Caleb Martin came off the bench to score 24 points in 31 minutes on 5-10 FG.
Dowtin did not have a particularly good game. Langevine, Terrell and Stanford Robinson all fouled out. Nevada had no player foul out.

C8DC4CCB-BD05-49B8-BC58-25C76586E08A.jpeg
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 11 months ago

When we lost to Nevada Caleb Martin came off the bench to score 24 points in 31 minutes on 5-10 FG.
Dowtin did not have a particularly good game. Langevine, Terrell and Stanford Robinson all fouled out. Nevada had no player foul out.

Caleb Bleeping Martin.....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 11 months ago

Caleb Bleeping Martin.....
Caleb was not drafted. His brother Cody was drafted 2nd round by Charlotte. Caleb played 2 years at Charlotte with his brother but was released. Credit to Caleb and the Miami Heat Coaching staff for signing and developing Caleb. He played at or above the levels of super high paid Tatum and Brown of the Celts at just 6'5".
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jimmy. Butler.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x