The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RI_Rams wrote: 1 year ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
RI_Rams wrote: 1 year ago Patriots might be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Division is going to be competitive.
I think it depends on who you like more to improve - Mac Jones (going from 1st to 2nd year) or Tua (finally surrounded by competent weapons). I honestly don't know. I think Jones will be the better long-term QB than Tua, but the Pats have done him no favors when it comes to offensive talent.
Very fair statement. Really a lot depends on QBs and defense. I've seen SB predictions with the Dolphins. Not sure how much I buy into it. All I know is Buffalo is the team to beat for sure. Also can't sleep on the Jets, they have improved and are no longer a winless team. You figure, if there is any progression positive with Zach Wilson and the team also is better, they can win 7-8 games. With that, I feel all AFC East games are going to be tough fights with no assumptions.
I'm less bullish on the Jets, because Wilson is scheduled to miss three or four weeks - at least. I kind of expect him to miss more, since I think it's unlikely that he's going to get healthier as the season goes along, or, that Wilson and New York really has the patience to wait until he's definitely 100 percent to start him again. Joe Flacco is the back-up, and he sucks.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Jets suck and always will.
2 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago The Jets suck and always will.
Lol. Could say the say for the Pats without Brady. :lol:
0 x
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Why didn’t the Patriots challenge that penalty?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ummmm, they made the playoffs last year with a rookie QB.
1 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
How'd that turn out?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

How'd that turn out?
They made the playoffs in his 1st year. Are you one of those spoiled fans who expect a Super Bowl trophy every year?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

How'd that turn out?
They made the playoffs in his 1st year. Are you one of those spoiled fans who expect a Super Bowl trophy every year?

The brief post-Brady period has really exposed Patriot fans as being not just spoiled but also not super smart about how the NFL has worked for the other 31 teams for the last several decades.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

How'd that turn out?
Nope, just a realist. The fact is now New England can't just "Belichick" itself to wins because we have a great coach. The talent isn't there anymore and it is starting to show. I doubt NE has a winning season this year. The schedule is difficult without the proper pieces to win.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Schedule is soft next 6 weeks so hopefully 4-2 @ worst then last 7 games are tough , maybe 9-8 or 8-9 ??
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Might not win a division game this year the way the Jets are playing.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s get this game in Cleveland to go 3-3 then we should kill the pathetic bears
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I have nothing to prove this, but I bet the Bears would be 10-15% better if they elevated Isaiah Coulter from the practice squad
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Pats/Jets HUGE game for both teams tomorrow. With NE winning the first meeting, you can't help but think the Jets are going to bring it hard. I still really like the Pats defense against Zach Wilson. I just don't trust him. I think Patriots 17-13 or something of the like.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

A huge game indeed my guess is jets 20-17
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Pats getting 3 points as the home team. But I could see it as a three points or less margin either way.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

YUP!!!!!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big win big win what a finish !!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Never saw a worse disaster of a play by the Patriots. Ever.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Never saw a worse disaster of a play by the Patriots. Ever.
That was nuts. And he had gained close to 30 yards when he did whatever he did or was thinking with that first lateral back. Never seen anything like that before. Loved how the big guy put his hand in the Pats last guys face.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago Never saw a worse disaster of a play by the Patriots. Ever.
That was nuts. And he had gained close to 30 yards when he did whatever he did or was thinking with that first lateral back. Never seen anything like that before. Loved how the big guy put his hand in the Pats last guys face.
That. Was. Amazing. I was watching when the Pisarcik play happened, but there was nothing really at stake there. This...was next level. Shudder to think of the ridicule to come... (not really :lol: :lol: )
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah that was one of the most craziest finishes to an NFL game ever

What was Mondre thinking when he made that first lateral ?? Then what was Jakobi thinking of making that dreadful pass back right to Chandler Jones then of course Mac can’t make a freakin tackle

Probably best for the pats anyway this team isn’t as good as last years time and even if we got the 7th seed we probably get waxed by 20 plus points by KC of Buffalo , maybe we make some coaching changes in the offseason
1 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

How on earth is the td catch not overturned?
They said it was inconclusive?
Are they high?
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Yeah that was one of the most craziest finishes to an NFL game ever

What was Mondre thinking when he made that first lateral ?? Then what was Jakobi thinking of making that dreadful pass back right to Chandler Jones then of course Mac can’t make a freakin tackle

Probably best for the pats anyway this team isn’t as good as last years time and even if we got the 7th seed we probably get waxed by 20 plus points by KC of Buffalo , maybe we make some coaching changes in the offseason
I thought the first lateral was kind of defensible - it was somewhat low risk, and Meyers did catch it. The one Meyers threw was absolutely insane though. The best-case scenario was that Mac Jones caught it, and then got crushed by the five Raiders near him. I don't think Meyers was thinking at all, probably just running on adrenaline and trying to win the game. He should have just tried to run forward and break a tackle or two.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

A properly coached team never attempts that last lateral at any level of football.

Atrocious.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Bad, bad Sunday. Rams, Pats, Celtics, and the PNC all ended differently than I envisioned. I'll have a sour throat over this for a long time.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RAM67 wrote: 1 year ago Bad, bad Sunday. Rams, Pats, Celtics, and the PNC all ended differently than I envisioned. I'll have a sour throat over this for a long time.
A jolt of Fireball will take care of that sour throat
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pats answering the bell...did not see that coming. Good for them, hope they win
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Played well on offense finally but gave up 2 long KO returns for TDs that did them in
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Played well on offense finally but gave up 2 long KO returns for TDs that did them in
Was listening to the post game talk show on the radio after the URI-LaSalle WBB game. Wouldn’t want the special teams coordinator job on the Patriots right now.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The crazy thing was special teams were an issue last year and you brought back Joe Judge, who was your special teams coordinator when they were better. But instead of having Judge work with special teams, you had him as quarterback coach when he has no experience or expertise in that role. They really need a massive shakeup of this coaching staff
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yep. They were taking about Joe Judge on the show too.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Simple take.

We got a guy who can blow the ball outta the end zone who says he is ready to go…

Our PAT/FG guy can’t get the ball to the goal line. Then special teams blow multiple tackles.

Ball game.

Clown show. So disappointing.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah fire Cam Achord and make Judge the ST coach

Also bunch of other moves hopefully hire an innovative offensive mind to run thf offense
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Former Patriot Ryan Mallett QB from Arkansas, 3rd round pick by Pats, drowns in Destin Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-nfl ... 40819.html
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 10 months ago Former Patriot Ryan Mallett QB from Arkansas, 3rd round pick by Pats, drowns in Destin Florida.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-nfl ... 40819.html
Yeah just awful news , those rip currents are crazy in Florida leading to a lot of drownings , RIP Ryan
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Thoughts on Zeke?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I don't understand the timing of this signing with Dalvin Cook still on the market. Zeke is 19 days older than Cook but has way more wear and tear than Cook. Between college and NFL, Cook has 1,969 total carries, whereas Zeke has 2,473 carries across college and NFL, so 500+ more carries. Zeke's YPG have declined every year of his career. I know the Patriots aren't signing Zeke to be the main back, but he's completely washed and Cook is a better option.

Brady is no longer here to mask the shortcomings of Belichick the GM on the offensive side of the ball. The last three years without Brady have been really bad from a personnel perspective. Jonnu was a colossal bust, Bourne has done nothing, god only knows why they extended Parker, drafted Tyquan over George Pickens, inexplicably lost Hopkins to the freaking Titans. Yes, Belichick has had some small wins post-Brady on offense - the Henry signing and Rhamondre draft pick have been solid but I'm over Belichick the GM. The whole Matt Patricia OC fiasco underscores Belichick's flippant approach to the offensive side of the ball.

Patriots schedule is a gauntlet this year and I'm not optimistic.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 8 months ago I don't understand the timing of this signing with Dalvin Cook still on the market. Zeke is 19 days older than Cook but has way more wear and tear than Cook. Between college and NFL, Cook has 1,969 total carries, whereas Zeke has 2,473 carries across college and NFL, so 500+ more carries. Zeke's YPG have declined every year of his career. I know the Patriots aren't signing Zeke to be the main back, but he's completely washed and Cook is a better option.

Brady is no longer here to mask the shortcomings of Belichick the GM on the offensive side of the ball. The last three years without Brady have been really bad from a personnel perspective. Jonnu was a colossal bust, Bourne has done nothing, god only knows why they extended Parker, drafted Tyquan over George Pickens, inexplicably lost Hopkins to the freaking Titans. Yes, Belichick has had some small wins post-Brady on offense - the Henry signing and Rhamondre draft pick have been solid but I'm over Belichick the GM. The whole Matt Patricia OC fiasco underscores Belichick's flippant approach to the offensive side of the ball.

Patriots schedule is a gauntlet this year and I'm not optimistic.
Maybe they just think Zeke will be a better blocker in pass protection...whereas, DC might not be as interested...which is exactly why I would have taken Cook (in deference to "why" and the whole fact vs opinion argument going on elsewhere...it's because I want to see offense, not blocking "for" offense, Let the nohehohs block, I want known position guys to rack up yards), Would love to see him with the NYG...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Well, Cook just signed with the Jets.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 8 months ago Thoughts on Zeke?
I like the move , needed a RB badly nothing behind Mondre
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 8 months ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 8 months ago Thoughts on Zeke?
I like the move , needed a RB badly nothing behind Mondre
Agreed. The things Ezekiel Elliott does better than Dalvin Cook, short yardage and blitz pickup, are the things the Patriots need from a running back with the way this roster is constructed. This was a smart pickup and better for what the Patriots need than grabbing Cook
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

LOVE the Pats retro unis tonight
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

They should go back to them full time
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awful effort lady night just awful !
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The Pats have a touchdown and two field goals. Meanwhile, the Dolphins are killing the Broncos 70-20 with still 8 minutes left in the game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice that we got a win today but it was more difficult than it should be

Can we trade Juju for Jakobi straight up and get him back ??
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

My gosh...to be a Jet. I wonder what's tougher...hanging out all the time with teammate Aaron Rodgers or, never hanging out with, but still hearing from all the time, hurt Aaron Rodgers?
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Mac Jones is just awful. Time to cut that kid and get another draft pick. This offense is horrible with him. He has no sense of the field at all. He signals his offense to the opposing defense every single play. Just turrible.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

People aren't going to want to hear it, but...Pats = Giants.... welcome to the valley of suck. Could probably merge the two threads...
Each team has 6 games after this one til they meet. Which team will have more wins when they meet?
1 x