The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Is it possible that the greatest coach ever is not going to make it to the end of the season? I say if they lose enough, he walks before the end.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow that was so so ugly !! Fire head coach Bull Belichick and tank for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye !!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Hey, at least the Pats have some flexibility for the future...the Giants are locked into a guy who is trying to destroy the single season sacked record. (Maybe he thinks he's getting paid by the sacked?)

Sacked 16 times in the last two games...he probably could've worked in a couple more today if he hadn't got hurt...getting, you know... sacked.
Giants quarterback Daniel Jones left in the fourth with a neck injury after a sack by linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel.
Jones had X-rays after the game and will undergo imaging tests on Monday to determine the severity of the neck issue.

Looks like the coach may have spotted something though, so hopefully they turn that around right away:

“We’ve got to figure out a way to protect him better,” Giants coach Brian Daboll said.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 6 months ago Hey, at least the Pats have some flexibility for the future...the Giants are locked into a guy who is trying to destroy the single season sacked record. (Maybe he thinks he's getting paid by the sacked?)

Sacked 16 times in the last two games...he probably could've worked in a couple more today if he hadn't got hurt...getting, you know... sacked.
Giants quarterback Daniel Jones left in the fourth with a neck injury after a sack by linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel.
Jones had X-rays after the game and will undergo imaging tests on Monday to determine the severity of the neck issue.

Looks like the coach may have spotted something though, so hopefully they turn that around right away:

“We’ve got to figure out a way to protect him better,” Giants coach Brian Daboll said.
Certainly ugly for the pats and Giants both have the worst point differential in the league !!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 6 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 6 months ago Hey, at least the Pats have some flexibility for the future...the Giants are locked into a guy who is trying to destroy the single season sacked record. (Maybe he thinks he's getting paid by the sacked?)

Certainly ugly for the pats and Giants both have the worst point differential in the league !!
It sounds like, what you're saying is....their defenses might not be that great...but they don't score that many points either? :lol:
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Let’s both lose and get Caleb Williams and Drake Maye
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It is just so damn frustrating to watch Jones play quarterback - "death" by a thousand dump-off passes. Its like the shittiest version possible of a Chad Pennington or Kirk Cousins.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 6 months ago It is just so damn frustrating to watch Jones play quarterback - "death" by a thousand dump-off passes. Its like the shittiest version possible of a Chad Pennington or Kirk Cousins.
Don't even mention Mac (eta: or Chad Pennington for that matter) in the same breath as Kirk Cousins....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After the safety

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

beaten by Brian Hoyer and Josh McD
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I just need URI to be surprisingly good this year. Not like 2017 good even, just good enough to not be miserable. I completely cop to being extremely spoiled as a sports fan during my life, but this shit where we have to be just like all the poor shmucks in flyover country with garbage sports really sucks. I don’t care for it. Thank god for the Celts, our last best hope for some good sports.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Wow...sunny day on a weekend and the Pats/Giants both won....when was the last time that happened?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 6 months ago Wow...sunny day on a weekend and the Pats/Giants both won....when was the last time that happened?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I mean...if you can't laugh at that debacle of an implosion today...I can't help you. That was pretty amazing really. You hardly ever see a team throw a game away twice in under two minutes with the same qb, never mind two different ones, but you almost never see the "fake-spike interception to end the game" play in the NFL. Somehow pulled it off. That should be one awesome plane ride home. Bill might not even fly back with them.

As a Pats fan bud of mine said, can't wait til Pats Giants play each other to determine once and for all who sucks the most.

That's important to settle, but at the end of the day, whoever wins the game...could have their draft slot negatively impacted in a pretty big way, so there's that. If you lose, you suck worse, if you win, you're dumber.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Belichick has been so brutally bad at drafting and scouting college talent that it makes his ability as a coach somewhat irrelevant. For example, they had 10 picks in the 2022 draft. First round pick Cole Strange has started 22 games on the offensive line - good! Third round pick Marcus Jones (CB) made All-Pro his rookie year as a punt returner. Everyone else looks like a below average player, or fodder for the practice squad, or they've already been released.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

There is so much smoke about Belichick and his job status that at this point I think a “mutual parting” at the end of the season is inevitable.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe before the end of the season?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I think he survives the season just based on what he’s accomplished in his 20+ years in New England. Rapoport who is well sourced on Patriots news says Kraft isn’t inclined to fire him mid season and notes that Pats may seek compensation from Belichick’s future team.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago I mean...if you can't laugh at that debacle of an implosion today...I can't help you. That was pretty amazing really. You hardly ever see a team throw a game away twice in under two minutes with the same qb, never mind two different ones, but you almost never see the "fake-spike interception to end the game" play in the NFL. Somehow pulled it off. That should be one awesome plane ride home. Bill might not even fly back with them.

As a Pats fan bud of mine said, can't wait til Pats Giants play each other to determine once and for all who sucks the most.

That's important to settle, but at the end of the day, whoever wins the game...could have their draft slot negatively impacted in a pretty big way, so there's that. If you lose, you suck worse, if you win, you're dumber.
The pas by Jones picked off by Blackman was just a soft floater right to him!!! He can't be that bad, can he?

Bill B should stay there a few days, visit the Christmas Markets and drink a lot of 🍷 Gluhwein!!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago I mean...if you can't laugh at that debacle of an implosion today...I can't help you. That was pretty amazing really. You hardly ever see a team throw a game away twice in under two minutes with the same qb, never mind two different ones, but you almost never see the "fake-spike interception to end the game" play in the NFL. Somehow pulled it off. That should be one awesome plane ride home. Bill might not even fly back with them.

The pas by Jones picked off by Blackman was just a soft floater right to him!!! He can't be that bad, can he?

Bill B should stay there a few days, visit the Christmas Markets and drink a lot of 🍷 Gluhwein!!
They should trade him...best possible outcome...gets him out asap (I believe the players hate him) and doesn't wreck the red jacket ceremony whenever that happens
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Huge NFL Draft implications in the Giants Patriots game in two weeks.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 5 months ago Huge NFL Draft implications in the Giants Patriots game in two weeks.
Yep..."Biggest Loser" scenario
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 months ago
STC wrote: 5 months ago Huge NFL Draft implications in the Giants Patriots game in two weeks.
Yep..."Biggest Loser" scenario
The Toilet Bowl
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The first post in this thread was a doomsday prediction about the future of the franchise. Twenty-three pages, eight years, multiple super bowls later - doomsday has arrived. Dead franchise. No hope, no future, no identifiable path back.

It was an awesome run that stretched more than half of my life. It is officially and finally over. Dead and buried. Remember the good times.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’m thinking end of the season a mutual parting of the ways for Kraft and Coach Belichick
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 5 months ago I’m thinking end of the season a mutual parting of the ways for Kraft and Coach Belichick
I still think trading him is the best way to save face for all
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

reef wrote: 5 months ago I’m thinking end of the season a mutual parting of the ways for Kraft and Coach Belichick
Keep an eye out for the Dallas Cowboys if they fade out early in the playoffs
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 5 months ago
Keep an eye out for the Dallas Cowboys if they fade out early in the playoffs
Holy cow, never thought of that...great call.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Losing 6-0 today the Patriots became the first team since 1938 to lose three consecutive games in which their defense allowed 10 points or fewer.

That was the year of the infamous 1938 Hurricane
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

That is some serious draft pick playing right there. But PLEASE, don't let Belichick pick the draft.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Currently in line for the 2nd pick, with Chicago picking first because of the deal they made with Carolina last year. Chicago had the first pick but traded it to Carolina for the 9th and 61st picks, this year's first round, next year's second round, and WR D.J. Moore

https://tankathon.com/nfl
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats win but I think still 2nd or 3rd pick as of now
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 4 months ago Pats win but I think still 2nd or 3rd pick as of now
Who knows Reef.....

Pats play the Jets last game and have already beaten the Jets once.
Article about Zappe. What if Zappe wins a couple more games from here on out? Could people rally around Zappe?

Bailey Zappe reportedly made bold claim after being cut by Patriots
Jordan Daly
Thu, December 7, 2023, 10:51 PM EST·2 min read

Bailey Zappe reportedly made bold claim after being cut by Patriots originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

If you had told New England Patriots fans that Bailey Zappe would be their starting quarterback this year after he was cut back in August, not one would have believed you -- but Zappe apparently knew it would happen.

During Amazon Prime's "Thursday Night Football" broadcast of New England's matchup with Pittsburgh Steelers, sideline reporter Kaylee Hartung reported that Zappe never had a doubt that he would end the year as the starting quarterback for the Patriots.

"Zappe said it was a wakeup call when he got cut by the Patriots in camp," Hartung said. "As he signed with their practice squad the very next day, he told [Zach] Kittley [Zappe's offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky], 'Trust me, I've got this. Eventually I'll be the starter."

After being cut by the Patriots, Zappe reportedly had multiple teams interested in signing him, but ultimately chose to sign with New England's practice squad, believing it gave him the best opportunity to see playing time.

Mac Jones had already seen a decline in performance from his rookie to sophomore season, but things were expedited for Zappe after Jones' third year turned into a disaster-ridden mess. Jones posted just 2,120 yards on a 64.9 percent completion rate, throwing 12 interceptions to 10 touchdowns as the Patriots started the season 2-9.

After Jones was benched in his final few starts, the Patriots shifted to Zappe full time in their 6-0 Week 13 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.

While Zappe's first start on the year didn't end with a win, the Patriots seemed rejuvenated. Things continued to improve for Zappe in Thursday night's game against the Steelers, where he became the first Patriots quarterback since Tom Brady to throw for three first half touchdowns since Tom Brady in 2018.

In the first half, Zappe also completed a 37-yard pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster for the Patriots' first 30+ air-yard completion -- the Patriots had previously gone 0-18 on such attempts and were the only team without such a completion.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 months ago
reef wrote: 4 months ago Pats win but I think still 2nd or 3rd pick as of now
Who knows Reef.....

Pats play the Jets last game and have already beaten the Jets once.
Article about Zappe. What if Zappe wins a couple more games from here on out? Could people rally around Zappe?

Bailey Zappe reportedly made bold claim after being cut by Patriots
Jordan Daly
Thu, December 7, 2023, 10:51 PM EST·2 min read

Bailey Zappe reportedly made bold claim after being cut by Patriots originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

If you had told New England Patriots fans that Bailey Zappe would be their starting quarterback this year after he was cut back in August, not one would have believed you -- but Zappe apparently knew it would happen.

During Amazon Prime's "Thursday Night Football" broadcast of New England's matchup with Pittsburgh Steelers, sideline reporter Kaylee Hartung reported that Zappe never had a doubt that he would end the year as the starting quarterback for the Patriots.

"Zappe said it was a wakeup call when he got cut by the Patriots in camp," Hartung said. "As he signed with their practice squad the very next day, he told [Zach] Kittley [Zappe's offensive coordinator at Western Kentucky], 'Trust me, I've got this. Eventually I'll be the starter."

After being cut by the Patriots, Zappe reportedly had multiple teams interested in signing him, but ultimately chose to sign with New England's practice squad, believing it gave him the best opportunity to see playing time.

Mac Jones had already seen a decline in performance from his rookie to sophomore season, but things were expedited for Zappe after Jones' third year turned into a disaster-ridden mess. Jones posted just 2,120 yards on a 64.9 percent completion rate, throwing 12 interceptions to 10 touchdowns as the Patriots started the season 2-9.

After Jones was benched in his final few starts, the Patriots shifted to Zappe full time in their 6-0 Week 13 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.

While Zappe's first start on the year didn't end with a win, the Patriots seemed rejuvenated. Things continued to improve for Zappe in Thursday night's game against the Steelers, where he became the first Patriots quarterback since Tom Brady to throw for three first half touchdowns since Tom Brady in 2018.

In the first half, Zappe also completed a 37-yard pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster for the Patriots' first 30+ air-yard completion -- the Patriots had previously gone 0-18 on such attempts and were the only team without such a completion.
I wish the Giants were as bad as the Pats...
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

End of an era today.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 3 months ago End of an era today.
It ain't over til it's official. Do you think that happens today?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 months ago
It ain't over til it's official. Do you think that happens today?
I read Bill and the Krafts are meeting tomorrow.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I love watching football in miserable weather. From my couch.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That’s how I felt too , thanks for the memories but time for a fresh start
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

HC opening as Atlanta fires Arthur Smith tonight

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/392 ... thur-smith
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Patriots part ways with Bill B

5 HCs let go just since January 7….

Bill Belichick - New England
Pete Carroll - Seattle
Mike Vrable - Tennessee
Dan Rivera - Washington
Arthur Smith -Atlanta

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/389 ... ordinators
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Suzyn in life, unfortunately all good things come to an end…
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bill B spotted on Arthur Blank’s Yacht this weekend
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 3 months ago Bill B spotted on Arthur Blank’s Yacht this weekend
Falcons fan here, so I've been seeing this rumor all day...it very well could be true I guess, but the whole rumor came from one woman on Twitter with 27 followers. Who knows, maybe she just happened to be in the right place at the right time and actually saw something. I'm sure they are interested either way.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well now the Falcons confirmed they interviewed him. The yacht thing still seems weird but I guess it’s possible!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The Falcons were the heavy-rumored landing spot for him around here before this weekend, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he waited to see if Dallas or Philly needs a coach. Those are much better jobs (no offense intended to you as a Falcon fan).
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

TruePoint wrote: 3 months ago The Falcons were the heavy-rumored landing spot for him around here before this weekend, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he waited to see if Dallas or Philly needs a coach. Those are much better jobs (no offense intended to you as a Falcon fan).
Yes that’s what I’m thinking too , between Dallas Philly and Falcs I think it’s going to be 1 of those 3 . I’m guessing Dallas if it opens
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 3 months ago Well now the Falcons confirmed they interviewed him. The yacht thing still seems weird but I guess it’s possible!
Flowery Branch is where Arthur Blank met with Bill B at the Falcons Training Camp and Facilities.
It’s right on Lake Lanier.
I’d be surprised if they didn’t take advantage of the Lake
Blank could show Bill the area, lifestyle, where he could buy a house on the lake and be minutes from training camp
It’s a courtship

And for sure they toured MBS and how Bill would play indoors at home instead of outdoors in Nov, Dec, Jan in New England
0 x