Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

(in best Terrel Owens sniffling voice). ... "that's my (fantasy) quarterback"
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Heck of a game held Brady to zero TD passes game came down to a FG hitting the upright could have gone either way
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Mac Jones is a really good quarterback.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

How did they win that game? Pretty damn exciting.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Houston got too cute with that punt formation that resulted in the punt block and turned the momentum around

We need to beat Dallas next week !!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Patriots beat Dallas on Sunday. Belichick will come up with some kind of plan to slow down that potent offense. He's done it so many times in the past. Of course it would help if they still had Gilmore (and Brady), but Mac is growing and if they can find enough healthy offensive linemen to keep him upright, I think he has a big game. Pats 20, Cowboys 17.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Patriots beat Dallas on Sunday. Belichick will come up with some kind of plan to slow down that potent offense. He's done it so many times in the past. Of course it would help if they still had Gilmore (and Brady), but Mac is growing and if they can find enough healthy offensive linemen to keep him upright, I think he has a big game. Pats 20, Cowboys 17.
The Patriots high this year for points is 25, against the Jets and the Texans. I think their defense is pretty good, considering that the offense isn't really helping all that much. I think Mac Jones' stats have been OK, but I don't know if it's a matter of him settling or the skill players not being good enough that's led to a lack of big plays. I kind of assign more blame to the latter than the former.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Patriots beat Dallas on Sunday. Belichick will come up with some kind of plan to slow down that potent offense. He's done it so many times in the past. Of course it would help if they still had Gilmore (and Brady), but Mac is growing and if they can find enough healthy offensive linemen to keep him upright, I think he has a big game. Pats 20, Cowboys 17.
The Patriots high this year for points is 25, against the Jets and the Texans. I think their defense is pretty good, considering that the offense isn't really helping all that much. I think Mac Jones' stats have been OK, but I don't know if it's a matter of him settling or the skill players not being good enough that's led to a lack of big plays. I kind of assign more blame to the latter than the former.
If he has a just a little more time to throw, I think the downfield plays will come. Bourne and Meyers can get open. He hasn't had time to throw deep to Agholor. Henry has looked good the last couple of weeks. I want to see a lot more from Jonnu Smith. He's been the one who's been disappointing so far. Still, the key is the O-line. The backups actually looked better last week than the starters have, although as you said, it was the Texans that was the competition.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Gosh I hope you are correct Billy Boy
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago
Gosh I hope you are correct Billy Boy
I have the right to change my mind. :lol:
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cowboys 27 Pats 23
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Mac Jones is a really good quarterback.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

You have to be kidding me.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wow, Jones throws the pick 6 interception then 1st play after Pars get the ball back he tosses longest TD pass of the season. Still 2 minutes to go in a crazy game.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Brutal game. Jones is a good quarterback. Kraft better get this team together. The defense sucks.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a wacky game.

The Cowboys were clearly better, but the penalties, good grief.

McCarthy going for a 51 yd. FG instead of going for it almost cost them the game.

The Pats D isn't good yes, but their short yardage defense against Elliot was amazing.

I'm not a Dallas fan but they should be a serious contender to win the NFC.

I think Buffalo vs. either Dallas or LA for the Super Bowl. Right now anyway.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

But Jones looked good again. I think he may be a star. Kraft and Belichick need to get this team together next year. Better O line and better defensive backs. Plus WR and TE. Sounds like we need an overhaul.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That was a rough way to lose

Our defense looks awful especially the pass defense

Need to beat Jets next week !!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Pats will be fine soon. Jones will be a star for sure.

Man you can tell by the coaching....their system works, unlike whatever you call it with the NY teams.

Once they get the defense better, they'll be back in the playoffs.....especially since the Dolphins and Jets continue to suck big time.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

McCarthy being way too conservative on fourth downs and way too aggressive with attempting long FGs would drive me absolutely insane as a Cowboys fan. Especially since they have a mobile quarterback, a good line and TWO good running backs. Romo brought it up immediately - If you pick up the 4th-and-1, you're closer for the FG, you might actually score a TD (as they did in OT), and you're burning time off the clock, too. It ultimately worked out OK for them, but they're certainly going to get burned on it at some point.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago What a wacky game.

The Cowboys were clearly better, but the penalties, good grief.

McCarthy going for a 51 yd. FG instead of going for it almost cost them the game.

The Pats D isn't good yes, but their short yardage defense against Elliot was amazing.

I'm not a Dallas fan but they should be a serious contender to win the NFC.

I think Buffalo vs. either Dallas or LA for the Super Bowl. Right now anyway.
Last night was a pretty clear illustration of how much coaching matters. Dallas has a massive talent advantage over the Patriots, but McCarthy is a terrible head coach so the Patriots almost pulled it out
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago But Jones looked good again. I think he may be a star. Kraft and Belichick need to get this team together next year. Better O line and better defensive backs. Plus WR and TE. Sounds like we need an overhaul.
I would say linebackers are a bigger issue than the defensive backs at this time.

It's pretty amazing how much the Patriots spent in the offseason yet they still have all these holes on the roster
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago McCarthy being way too conservative on fourth downs and way too aggressive with attempting long FGs would drive me absolutely insane as a Cowboys fan. Especially since they have a mobile quarterback, a good line and TWO good running backs. Romo brought it up immediately - If you pick up the 4th-and-1, you're closer for the FG, you might actually score a TD (as they did in OT), and you're burning time off the clock, too. It ultimately worked out OK for them, but they're certainly going to get burned on it at some point.
And that's after going for it on 4th and 1 in their own end early in the game. Maybe that stop spooked him for the rest of the game, but he picked the complete wrong times to go for it or play conservatively
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago But Jones looked good again. I think he may be a star. Kraft and Belichick need to get this team together next year. Better O line and better defensive backs. Plus WR and TE. Sounds like we need an overhaul.
I would say linebackers are a bigger issue than the defensive backs at this time.

It's pretty amazing how much the Patriots spent in the offseason yet they still have all these holes on the roster
Mmmmm respectfully disagree here...the biggest issue is the DBs...between the lack of depth (no more Gilmore), JC Jackson beiong the only guy that might have a chance to cover someone, and Jalen Mills getting burned on a ton of plays, its def the DBs

Judon is having an unbelievable year so far, so LBs are not the biggest issue
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Judon has been good, but Hightower is cooked and there's not a lot else there. That's part of the reason why we're not getting a pass rush or able to cover RB's and TE's
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Judon has been good, but Hightower is cooked and there's not a lot else there. That's part of the reason why we're not getting a pass rush or able to cover RB's and TE's
he's 3rd in the league in sacks...Bentley forces the fumbled when Dak tried to reach over at the goal line. Has LBs overall been good, would prob say so-so...but DBs have been much worse
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think we overrated all these FA signings we made

Judon been great , Henry pretty solid but most of the others seem overrated
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Pats no longer have Tom Brady to bail their defense out.

Hey, they have a great coach. They don't need a whole lot to be good again.

At least the Pats are a lot closer to being good than the jokes in NY. Not the Bills though lol.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

reef wrote: 2 years ago I think we overrated all these FA signings we made

Judon been great , Henry pretty solid but most of the others seem overrated
NFL free agency is usually worse than the other sports, since there are so many tags and ways for teams to keep their existing good players. Since the Pats weren't sinking money into QB anyway, I think they knew that, and simply decided to gamble this year because they had more holes than draft picks. I think a bunch of those players are going to get cut later this year - as rookies / undrafted player outperform them in practices - or between seasons. It's not like contract lengths and salary figures for NFL contracts are ever "real," after all.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Good game. Mac Jones didn't have a good game though. He needs to practice on throwing under pressure.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Pat's looked really good today. Great defense finally.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah coming along , 3 in a row and get the Browns next
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago Yeah coming along , 3 in a row and get the Browns next
Does Odell want to face his old team right away? ;)
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

We are back baby!!!!!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Could you imagine the Pats in the SB against Tampa......not that far fetched the way they are playing...

They just don't beat themselves like so many teams do.

Their defense is really getting good.

Of course Tampa ain't looking so hot right now...but you know they will be a tough out in the playoffs,

Just about every team has had a stinker or two already...look at the Cardinals today.

Before today's game the Pats were 35 to 1 odds to win the SB....worth a bet?

They definitely could win the AFC....the conference is a mess right now.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The defense has really stepped up. Especially the DB's. Mac Jones is coming along great. That pass between two defenders for a TD was amazing. The OL is stepping up for Mac as well. I think the team has finally bought into Mac Jones.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree Pats are playing great right now 4 in a row since the home loss to Dallas

We play Thursday night in Atlanta
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Should the 49ers have taken Mac at #3? I will go further and say the Jets should have taken him at #2 instead of Wilson. I'll wait a little while before I say Jax should have taken him, but who knows. His Patriot teammates says he's wired differently, that he's going to do everything in his power to be great. Sounds a lot like the guy we used to have.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Mac’s accuracy is astounding especially for a rookie. We’ll see how his decision making develops. So far it looks good as well.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Should the 49ers have taken Mac at #3? I will go further and say the Jets should have taken him at #2 instead of Wilson. I'll wait a little while before I say Jax should have taken him, but who knows. His Patriot teammates says he's wired differently, that he's going to do everything in his power to be great. Sounds a lot like the guy we used to have.
Maybe Bill had some side talks with his good friend Nick and said don't tout the kid too much cause I'll take him?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Should the 49ers have taken Mac at #3? I will go further and say the Jets should have taken him at #2 instead of Wilson. I'll wait a little while before I say Jax should have taken him, but who knows. His Patriot teammates says he's wired differently, that he's going to do everything in his power to be great. Sounds a lot like the guy we used to have.
Maybe Bill had some side talks with his good friend Nick and said don't tout the kid too much cause I'll take him?
And the same thing with Barmore in the 2nd round.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

One thing really stood out....Rhamondre Stevenson. That guy is hungry and it showed. He was fantastic.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago One thing really stood out....Rhamondre Stevenson. That guy is hungry and it showed. He was fantastic.
What a steal in the 4th round.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Supposedly when SF made the trade to get to #3 it was for Mac and then they fell in love with Lantz and took him

Thank God looks like we have our QB for the next 15 years !!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thursday night football. Pats should extend the winning streak tonight.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

My prediction......Pats 28 Atlanta 3.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Wow, that Atlanta stadium looks empty