The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Gronk, Edelman, Brady, and Belicheck should all walk away and retire......I think their run is finally over...of course I thought it was after last season....but it will end soon.....might as well go out on top, they really have nothing to prove at this point.

I think KC if they shore up their defense, is ready to dominate for a while. The Pats have that linebacker who lined up offsides to thank for this one.

The Rams should never have been their opponent to begin with.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Gronk, Edelman, Brady, and Belicheck should all walk away and retire......I think their run is finally over...of course I thought it was after last season....but it will end soon.....might as well go out on top, they really have nothing to prove at this point.
I thought that, but the more I'm reading today, the more I'm thinking there is still some stuff for some to prove.

Ian O'Connor on ESPN wrote today that he feels that Brady wants to pass Jordan for #7. I would never have thought of that as a consideration, but seeing some cartoon images today comparing the two, would it surprise anyone if Brady now became motivated by that?

BB winning one more title would push him ahead of Halas and Lambeau for most NFL titles.

Edelman is second-leading postseason receiver in NFL history. I don't think he is catching Rice (he'd have to average 61 yards per game in 16 more postseason games, which is never going to happen), but last night I was watching one of the national broadcasts, who were talking about Edelman as a HOF candidate, something I had never even considered. Can he come back and bolster that?

Gronk is the only one I dont' think has anything left. He's already considered by many the best tight end to ever play. He has three titles. I don't know what he benefits from. I guess they could all benefit from 4 titles in 6 years. I just don't think that is enough.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bad news for you Rambone.........

He said there was a zero percent chance he would retire after the game and has expressed a desire to play until he’s 45.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-reit ... ccounter=1
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't doubt some players will choose to retire to go out on top, but the Patriots should still be good and are set for an influx of young talent. People forget the Patriots first pick, T Isaiah Wynn didn't play this season due to injury and they have 6 of the first 97 picks in the draft as of now
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 5 years ago Bad news for you Rambone.........

He said there was a zero percent chance he would retire after the game and has expressed a desire to play until he’s 45.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-reit ... ccounter=1
I had read that too...yeah I know he's not retiring, but I will guarantee you he will not be winning Super Bowls at age 45.....

The longer he insists on playing, my guess is he will suffer a career ending injury. I doubt BB will still be there in 4 years.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

That is all
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awesome to get # 6

I think Brady plays at least 2 more years at a fairly high level . Anything after that starting at age 44 will be gravy

I hope Gronk comes back for 1 more year maybe Brady can convince him to ??
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think other teams will pick up on what the Rams did to slow down Brady.....

Of course what Belicheck did to stop the Rams worked...they took a page out of what the Bears did earlier.....

Goff is no Mahomes…..he looked lost all night.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nothing Brady, Belichek, Kraft and the Patriots love more than to be underestimated and counted out
Looks like it’s already starting for next season.

The win at Kansas City was amazing with Patriots the underdog on the road. Offense was incredible.
The 3-3 score going into the 4th Q was indicative of the tremendous defensive effort by both teams. Nice victory in front of the Hollywood crowd.
Patriots just find a way to win.
Last edited by ramster 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Streaming the parade on line.....Copley Square looks INSANE!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago I think other teams will pick up on what the Rams did to slow down Brady.....

Of course what Belicheck did to stop the Rams worked...they took a page out of what the Bears did earlier.....

Goff is no Mahomes…..he looked lost all night.
I didn't feel the Rams had a special scheme for Brady -- I just thought their approach was driven through their personnel. I felt early in the game their D-line had a lot of gas and burst through to push the pocket or blow up the run game. I thought Brady felt hurried by their push, and didn't read the defense as well as he normally would, clearly confusing zone and man on multiple occasions early on, but his nerves were obvious on all the third down passes that had no chance of becoming first down conversions, but rather rushing to get rid of the ball. That has somewhat always been the book on Brady, getting a lot of pressure with the defensive line and get Brady completely out of sorts. By the fourth quarter, I felt like the Rams shot all of their bullets and were simply worn down by the Patriots attack which lasted almost 2:1. Brady didn't really have to worry about their line, definitely seemed more comfortable. 4-4 for 67 yards on the TD drive, then they ran 8 rushes for 67 yards on the clinching FG drive. I just don't know how many teams have the personnel to scheme it that way.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This guy is dumb . Just because the Pats have a great organization and target players that they think can fit the system, how do other teams know that they will do well for the Pats when they didn't do much for them ??
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Dumb is right. Can you spell C O L L U S I O N?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

OMG. How does that happen when he's got $6B and generally doesn't go anywhere alone (has personal security detail)?

JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!!

Scrub ahead to 2:00 time mark.

http://weei.hosted.cx/a/23550671/2008-w ... murphy.htm
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago OMG. How does that happen when he's got $6B and generally doesn't go anywhere alone (has personal security detail)?
I know, right? Pretty stupid of him to get caught up in that.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The guys a rich successful 77 years old and his wife passed. I'm not making a big deal out of a little risque fun.
1 x
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago The guys a rich successful 77 years old and his wife passed. I'm not making a big deal out of a little risque fun.
This is really all I'm here for today...the Pats fans trying to convince us all that soliciting prostitutes that were the victim of human trafficking is just "a little risque fun". Who cares if a few girls lives were ruined...he's rich!
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years ago The guys a rich successful 77 years old and his wife passed. I'm not making a big deal out of a little risque fun.
This is really all I'm here for today...the Pats fans trying to convince us all that soliciting prostitutes that were the victim of human trafficking is just "a little risque fun". Who cares if a few girls lives were ruined...he's rich!
lol I wasn't aware these girls were part of human trafficking, IF true, then thats a different story.
1 x
GO RAMS
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

A Chinese massage parlor? If I had his money, I would have called for delivery.

This is the first time I haven't seen Jonathan hanging on his hip.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Kraft won't go to jail and the Pats won't be affected as a team. He might get probation and the NFL might fine him...big deal...

But embarrassing? You betcha!
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

It's idiocy, if you have Kraft's kind of money, just put yourself on a dating site as the real Robert Kraft and have your pick, I mean in the end supporting gold diggers while you're having fun is the same as prostitution but def not as illegal and the whole trafficking thing is a very bad look, I mean how dumb do you have to be to not realize a sex worker in the US not born in the US might be in a very bad situation, one in which you are taking advantage. Men giving in to their lessor demons is what causes all men to be suspect in this era. You want to get laid so badly you're willing to risk having sex with a SLAVE!! wow and a little wtf...
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1. Legalize sex work

2. Stop the false (and usually racist) stories that circulate on social media about white suburban women being followed and targeted as potential trafficking victims. This story did not happen to you or your friend. Knock it off, Karen on Facebook.

3. Protect the marginalized people that are most likely to actually be victimized. Start caring about these people.
6 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well the Gronkster called it quits. Always liked the guy even though no fan of the team.

Smart move. Retire going out on top.

He knew how fortunate the team was to have even made the SB.

Brady and Belicheck should follow suit.

The Pats decline is inevitable. I think it starts this season. Way too many holes to fill, no matter BB's genius.

The rest of the division [well maybe not the Dolphins] might actually offer some competition this season.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Makes even a Jints fan appreciate Jason Witten. Dude is entering his 16th year (I know he took last year off)...and has missed one game. One.
Witten should be one of those 'don't have to wait 5 years for Canton' guys...make a new rule. :lol:
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Imo Witten is making a mistake coming back.

Some guys just can't let go. Hope it doesn't end badly for him.

But yes, he's an all timer. The Giants should know....he owned them.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Well, he does play the GMen twice next year, so, that gives him a leg up/good start towards a decent season.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Congrats Gronk on a great career

Should be a 1st ballot HOF
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I think Gronk absorbed more punishment than Witten did after he caught the ball......Witten seemed a little more elusive

Whenever I envision Gronk being tackled my mind wanders to the image of a wildebeest being taken down by a pack of lions
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Gronkowski was great to kids, too. He visited a kid with cancer in my town. He did that scores of times. I’ll miss him.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm sure BB will adjust, but the Patriots are a lot less dangerous without Gronk.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Witten is a solid player who played a long time. Gronk was a dominant player and clear best at his position his entire career. No comparison IMO
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Gronk was smart with his contract money and invested it...only used endorsement money to live on.

That's why he can retire early....too many players in pro sports waste their money big time and end up broke not long after they're done playing.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Pats need to draft a TE are there any good ones in the draft ???
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I wasn't comparing talent levels between Gronk and Witten.....just that Witten, and many other tight ends over time, did not absorb the punishment that Gronk did......Gronk didn't shy from contact or run out of bounds too many times....it is what made Gronk the best ever....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I’m not sure Whitten should be a HOF lock. Was he ever once the best TE in the league? Second best? Was he an all-around player or simply a receiving threat? To me he is a good not great player that hung around a long time
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think Witten has the stats to make the HOF but definitely not a lock
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Love the N'Keal Harry pick. Big, tough to take down, good hands, can make acrobatic catches. Just what the doctor ordered for this team
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 5 years ago I think Witten has the stats to make the HOF but definitely not a lock
Witten is a lock to make the HOF, probably not a first ballot guy though
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
reef wrote: 5 years ago I think Witten has the stats to make the HOF but definitely not a lock
Witten is a lock to make the HOF, probably not a first ballot guy though
I disagree...definite first ballot, close to unanimous
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

First ballot for football is very tough. For instance, I believe Tony Gonzalez is the only first ballot Hall of Fame tight end
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago First ballot for football is very tough. For instance, I believe Tony Gonzalez is the only first ballot Hall of Fame tight end
Initially I was here with you, because my main memory of Witten is the fact that he was the DALLAS FOOTBALL COWBOYS tight end. But looking at the numbers, he's second in receiving yards and catches by a tight end - to Gonzalez - and made 11 pro bowls, two first-team All Pro and two second-team All Pro.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 5 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago First ballot for football is very tough. For instance, I believe Tony Gonzalez is the only first ballot Hall of Fame tight end
Initially I was here with you, because my main memory of Witten is the fact that he was the DALLAS FOOTBALL COWBOYS tight end. But looking at the numbers, he's second in receiving yards and catches by a tight end - to Gonzalez - and made 11 pro bowls, two first-team All Pro and two second-team All Pro.
= first ballot HOF-er..... even thru (arch enemy) jints-blue glasses
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 5 years ago
= first ballot HOF-er..... even thru (arch enemy) jints-blue glasses
Yeah. Obviously, Pro Bowl isn't always a great indicator for player quality, but he made 11 of them, and he has really good receiving stats. Also, AFAIK, he actually played tight end - he wasn't a Jimmy Graham-like big wideout that kind of played half and half.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Love the pick of Harry as well

Big physical guy who can make plays
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »