Rhody Pub?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody Pub?

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Anybody have any insights to what this Rhody Pub is like? Any view from this area to the court? Opens an hour before the game time according to the website. Just curious.
0 x
Bee311
Abdul Fox

Re: Rhody Pub?

Unread post by Bee311 »

The first row of tables looks down onto the court, but that's it. It was packed on Wednesday (Alumni Lounge was closed before the game so that added some additional people).. at the half the drink line was backed up to the entrance. I was surprised how many students were there - the prices are definitely not stopping them from drinking. It's seems like opening a second area is justified based on what I've seen the two times I have gone in.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

A second bar right behind the student section would seem to make the most sense. As long as they have extra security there, that place would be packed the whole game.

It would be great if they could somehow get a DD Center type bar up in the suites. That would be ideal.

But hey, Rhody Pub is a start! And a good one at that!
0 x
Go Rhody
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

What's the selection and prices like?
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Canned beer poured into a cup. Gansett, Loose Cannon IPA's from what I remember. I think I paid $7 (plus tip). Agree that the view along the front is good to see the game. Anywhere else in the pub-- Not so much. Very happy with this first big step to allow alcohol. Hopefully as years go on we can make the jump to allow drinks at our seats. This is just another positive step forward in our overall program.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Much better vibe in there compared witt the Alum Lounge, which has none, must be the age demographic, hope they continue this and open up another in the building, not sure I need my beers in the seats, getting in at 1/2 time was impossible even when I left my seats early....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I like the idea of the Pub......people can get there at the half.....dissect the game with friends.....and then......they should be able to get a beer anytime during the game and bring it back to their seats to be able to watch the game.....

......have a second area to dispense beers also to meet the demand.....

....it would makes $millions......
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

They will definitely need a second area as the pub is very popular. It's so nice to see the red tape of the Carothers era finally being lifted.
0 x