Best Pre-Game Location?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Best Pre-Game Location?

Unread post by section(105) »

Nice to go back into the pages to re-read Rod posts……..miss his thoughts
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Schiller's. Beaver Brown every Wednesday night before they became famous.
Fun memories there. Walked in with the band one evening, underaged and never carded nor asked to pay the cover, they thought we were with the band.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

...maybe not THAT far back...I'm thinking of a different dive, same location...
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

How about "The Boys of Summer" playing at the Bon Vue I believe it was Thursday nights?
$1 rolling rocks!!!!!
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Or doing the turtle on the dance floor at the Beachcomer with Wayne?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Schiller's. Beaver Brown every Wednesday night before they became famous.
Fun memories there. Walked in with the band one evening, underaged and never carded nor asked to pay the cover, they thought we were with the band.
I saw them a year or so ago at the Stadium Theater in Woonsocket. Still a lot of fun, although I think there are only 3 guys left from the old days that are still in the band.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

section(105) wrote: 1 month ago Nice to go back into the pages to re-read Rod posts……..miss his thoughts
At least Rod didn't have to suffer through the last four seasons. His death occurred right after we had got back to the tournament and were on top of the A-10.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SGreenwell wrote: 9 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote:If you're looking for some good beer and a burger I'd go to the Mews.....
Yeah, of the places mentioned in this thread, the Mews has the biggest selection of beer, and while their new menu is pricier, I do think the food has improved. Celestial Cafe, I never think to go there because it would require me driving past URI, but they have excellent food (or at least, they did the one time I've been). Homestead is also good from a food and proximity perspective.
Would love to see these "pricier" options on the Mews from 9 years ago.

Bet nowadays we'd take those prices in a heartbeat! :lol:
1 x
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
SGreenwell wrote: 9 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote:If you're looking for some good beer and a burger I'd go to the Mews.....
Yeah, of the places mentioned in this thread, the Mews has the biggest selection of beer, and while their new menu is pricier, I do think the food has improved. Celestial Cafe, I never think to go there because it would require me driving past URI, but they have excellent food (or at least, they did the one time I've been). Homestead is also good from a food and proximity perspective.
Would love to see these "pricier" options on the Mews from 9 years ago.

Bet nowadays we'd take those prices in a heartbeat! :lol:
Ha, I have to listen to my parents complain about the Mews now being too expensive all the time. idk - I went like two or three years ago with my wife, and we thought it was fine. The prices for burgers and entrees are similar to better places in Rhode Island, and Texas. If anything, I think they were probably under-pricing their menu in the past.
0 x