Week #3 Polls

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Week #3 Polls

Unread post by Obadiah »

Rhody gets votes in both polls. 16 votes in the AP poll, PC gets 63. In the USA Today Coaches poll, PC gets a #25 ranking. URI gets two votes.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Week #3 Polls

Unread post by Rhody74 »

KMac voted for both of them in the AP poll.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

How did any team not named Kentucky receive first place votes?

Big difference for Rhody between the AP at 32 and the Coaches' poll at 49. I guess coaches don't respect us as much as the press? That's a switch.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

gotta be the D2 game thrown in on the schedule.
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Sweep The Leg wrote:How did any team not named Kentucky receive first place votes?

Big difference for Rhody between the AP at 32 and the Coaches' poll at 49. I guess coaches don't respect us as much as the press? That's a switch.
As good as UK is, Duke is pretty damn good. Everybody talks about UK having 9 mcdonalds all Americans and they don't realize Duke also has 9 including the likely number 1 pick in the 2015 draft
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Wasn't even Duke who got the votes though...Wisconsin in the AP
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I believe providence college deserves a higher ranking than we do......based on the body of work so far......after December 10 we will have a clearer picture as to relative strength.....some tough games for both teams before that.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rhodyras
Abdul Fox

Unread post by rhodyras »

wisconsin is very, very good... not enough to steal first place votes from kentucky, though
i see a big dropoff after the top 4 who are all loaded...
0 x