'16 IL G - Devin Gage (DePaul ---> Fresno State)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: '16 IL G - Devin Gage (DePaul - Transfer)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Experienced quality depth is fine.

Gage? Pass.

We need to make our openings count, and not settle for marginal talent.

No one said it would be easy, but damn it, we need some results!
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Brace yourself
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago Brace yourself
Committing?
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago Brace yourself
Committing?
I hope not. An injury plagued senior that can’t shoot and did little on a last place DePaul his whole career. Play Leggett and Berry and take your lumps for a year to two until they develop and hopefully don’t transfer
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Guys we have five ships. We need the experience of another senior. It’s invaluable. I want Gage.
1 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Guys we have five ships. We need the experience of another senior. It’s invaluable. I want Gage.
I second this gimme Gage but only if Fatts is staying otherwise next season will be a complete wash.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Guys we have five ships. We need the experience of another senior. It’s invaluable. I want Gage.
Why? He can’t shoot, has one year eligibility and what value does he have here for a team that needs to get young guys playing time like Berry and Leggett. We aren’t going to the tournament next year and might have as well let the young’s guy learn on the fly. I’m guessing a) Fatts is leaving because where would he gets his minutes from b) he is coming here because you are hyping him as a good get.
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago
I second this gimme Gage but only if Fatts is staying otherwise next season will be a complete wash.
That’s fair but we benched CT to give Rese experience (minutes) and look where that got us. We lost both.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

This guy does not move the dial for me. Roster filler.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago
Gage is a point guard. If Fatts is here is he coming all the way to URI to play 6-8 minutes a game to rest Fatts. If we are going back to the two point guards with Gage at shooting guard we really see a bad shooting team once again and it will limit Sheppard and hopefully the two freshman
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
Why? He can’t shoot, has one year eligibility and what value does he have here for a team that needs to get young guys playing time like Berry and Leggett. We aren’t going to the tournament next year and might have as well let the young’s guy learn on the fly. I’m guessing a) Fatts is leaving because where would he gets his minutes from b) he is coming here because you are hyping him as a good get.
Again, why ask questions if you assume you have my motives figured out.

Or, are they just rhetorical?

Can I just simply fucking have an opinion?

I want Gage. For my own personal reasons.

Will we get him?

I do not know.

Period.
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

OK so we have offered this kid, that we know. All these other transfer kids are signing all over the place. Does he not want to come here? Or does he have to sit in front of our coach and get his face time? The offer is there.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

So kids and their families want to visit before committing.

Of course, makes a lot of sense.

So why are kids by the dozen committing to other schools, and we sit here empty handed?

Who knows how long these restrictions will last?

Some here are saying commitments are coming...yeah and so is Christmas.

Does anybody think other schools are telling kids about us, and that everyone is leaving and why is that?

It's called "stay away from URI, it's toxic there"....very effective even if it's not true.

Our only hope is that it's not true! But kids believe rumors, and it's got to be hurting us.
Last edited by rambone 78 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

If you guys think we are going to land 5 superstars with these scholarships I don't know what to tell you. Why do many on here only look at 3 pt %? This kid is a very good defender. He can make an impact on both ends...I'd take him.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago So kids and their families want to visit before committing.

So why are kids by the dozen committing to other schools, and we sit here empty handed?

Does anybody think other schools are telling kids about us, and that everyone is leaving and why is that?

It's called "stay away from URI, it's toxic there"....very effective even if it's not true.

Our only hope is that it's not true! But kids believe rumors, and it's got to be hurting us.
If I was a recruit and I watched Martin on IG last night I'd stay far away from us.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago If you guys think we are going to land 5 superstars with these scholarships I don't know what to tell you. Why do many on here only look at 3 pt %? This kid is a very good defender. He can make an impact on both ends...I'd take him.
I know we're going to sign a few players soon.

What concerns me, are they our top targets or is Cox going to have to settle for the bottom of the barrel just to fill the spots.

Don't need to tell you what that means.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago So kids and their families want to visit before committing.

If I was a recruit and I watched Martin on IG last night I'd stay far away from us.
What did Tyrese say?
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

What did Tyrese say?
[/quote]

Stevey - Please think twice before answering. No need for more negative stuff here.
It happened, it passed. Let it go.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago If you guys think we are going to land 5 superstars with these scholarships I don't know what to tell you. Why do many on here only look at 3 pt %? This kid is a very good defender. He can make an impact on both ends...I'd take him.
Honestly - I focus on 3 pt% because it is the reason Cox’s offense isn’t running as well as it should.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago
Honestly - I focus on 3 pt% because it is the reason Cox’s offense isn’t running as well as it should.
We look at three point shooting because this is the way the game is played today. Unless you are going to shoot 2 pointers to the efficiency of Dayton you need guys to shoot three pointers effectively. He just looks like a carbon copy of what we have had in terms of shooters, but actually worse and he has one year left, is injury prone and has contributed very little on the Fordham of the Big East. Get a guy with at least 2 years left or try to balance it with a shooter. No one here thinks we are ever getting a 5 star or 4 star player.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We look at three point shooting because this is the way the game is played today. Unless you are going to shoot 2 pointers to the efficiency of Dayton you need guys to shoot three pointers effectively. He just looks like a carbon copy of what we have had in terms of shooters, but actually worse and he has one year left, is injury prone and has contributed very little on the Fordham of the Big East. Get a guy with at least 2 years left or try to balance it with a shooter. No one here thinks we are ever getting a 5 star or 4 star player.
We need some players that can defend. We were a mess last year. What if this kid can provide a spark off the bench like TJ did? We need that guy who can be a jack of all trades now that Long is gone.

I would love some shooters but with 5 ships i'm fine with taking a veteran guard who has proven he can have some high scoring games and provide a defensive spark off the bench. I disagree the he contributed very little. A full season of 9 and 4 is a solid year.
Last edited by steveystuds06 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

We need some players that can defend. We were a mess last year. What if this kid could provide a spark off the bench like TJ did? We need that guy who can be a jack of all trades now that Long is gone.

I would love some shooters but with 5 ships i'm fine with taking a veteran guard who has proven he can have some high scoring games and provide a defensive spark off the bench. I disagree the he contributed very little. A full season of 9 and 4 is a solid year.
He is a point guard so if he is here there is a good chance Fatts is gone or he is going to come here to either play 6-8 minutes a game or you will have 2 point guards playing together again next year with Gage and Fatts with neither guy capable of play shooting guard. I guess we have no choice at this point and just have to take anyone.
Last edited by RamStock 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Gage sounds like an insurance policy at this point, which isn't a bad thing. I've seen videos of him playing at DePaul, he is definitely a team player, with a lot of energy, who seems like he likes to do all of the little things that make his teammates better. he's "glue"
2 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Insurance policy? We are on the table in the ER bleeding out. The insurance check is already being cut.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 4 years ago
What did Tyrese say?
Stevey - Please think twice before answering. No need for more negative stuff here.
It happened, it passed. Let it go.
[/quote],
Why? If he said something , it's news, it's not a rumor, why not know??
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Great size. College body. Played for a P5.

Count me in.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Not an impact player for a bottom feeding team, count me out.

Roster filler for a coach that is desperate to fill slots.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

STC wrote: 4 years ago Not an impact player for a bottom feeding team, count me out.

We are talking slots 8-12. No one is jumping to be that guy. Minutes distribution will be key
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

STC wrote: 4 years ago Not an impact player for a bottom feeding team, count me out.

Agree if we are to grab a grad transfer i would rather it be a wing type player to compliment Toppin and allow him to continue to add the mass that he needs.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Depth, leadership, experience, and maturity are 3 things this program needs
2 x
Clapton is God
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

gorhody89 wrote: 4 years ago Depth, leadership, experience, and maturity are things this program needs
0 x
Clapton is God
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

We are talking slots 8-12. No one is jumping to be that guy. Minutes distribution will be key
Nobody is jumping to play for Rhody given the transfer epidemic.

Sorry, not going to get excited about a warm body from a bottom feeding Big East team.

This team is in free fall and if Cox wants to change my opinion he is going to need to reel in more dynamic recruits to keep me buying in.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

STC wrote: 4 years ago

Sorry, not going to get excited about a warm body from a bottom feeding Big East team.

This team is in free fall and if Cox wants to change my opinion he is going to need to reel in more dynamic recruits to keep me buying in.
Lol, yeah he’s working hard to change your opinion. Hopefully he can get some sleep soon.

Nobody is jumping to play for us, but we just landed our first target. More incoming. Let me guess, you’re not impressed? No need to even response. Be safe.
4 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Lol, yeah he’s working hard to change your opinion. Hopefully he can get some sleep soon.

Nobody is jumping to play for us, but we just landed our first target. More incoming. Let me guess, you’re not impressed? No need to even response. Be safe.
We are allowed to be jaded after how the season ended. And looking foward with current roster. Hopeful it changes but serious work needs to be done.

Good first step was taken today.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I hope Gage does prove me wrong and change my opinion. Ousmane committed to Rhody over powerhouses like Fordham, Bryant, Fairfield and Cleveland State. To say he was our “first target” is completely disingenuous.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I hope Gage does prove me wrong and change my opinion. Ousmane committed to Rhody over powerhouses like Fordham, Bryant, Fairfield and Cleveland State. To say he was our “first target” is completely disingenuous.
Pitino was after him as well.

If we accepted his commitment with offers out to other bigs, it means he was higher on the list than most thought.

STC, more are coming brother. I hope they at least make you grin.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Of course more are coming, your boy Cox can’t keep a full roster.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

STC wrote: 4 years ago Of course more are coming, your boy Cox can’t keep a full roster.
I tried. What a waste. Fuck off. *blocked*
6 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I'm having a hard time with the tenor of STC's posts.....we can disagree without some of the bellicosity.....I also don't like the phrase "your boy"..being anti-political-correctness is not an excuse to cross moral lines....
3 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago I'm having a hard time with the tenor of STC's posts.....we can disagree without some of the bellicosity.....I also don't like the phrase "your boy"..being anti-political-correctness is not an excuse to cross moral lines....
Problem solved on my end. 8-)
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Great size. College body. Played for a P5.

Count me in.
Count me in as well. When he was a full time starter he led the team in assists and steals while averaging 9 a game. Apparently he didn't' contribute though. :roll:
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago I'm having a hard time with the tenor of STC's posts.....we can disagree without some of the bellicosity.....I also don't like the phrase "your boy"..being anti-political-correctness is not an excuse to cross moral lines....

Saying "your boy" crosses moral lines?

That is a streeeeeeetch if I ever saw one.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

We all have lines in different places.....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago

Agree its one of my favorite phrases 🤷‍♂️

Used most frequently when talking to my trump supporting friends lol
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago

No politics allowed here
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

No politics allowed here
I vote Devin Gage.
3 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

No politics allowed here
No intentions of bringing them up just an example of the phrase and that it doesnt cross "moral lines"
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

In your opinion
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

0 x
GO RAMS