2014 Season Ticket Reseating? No, not til 15-16 season.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Has anyone heard anything about this? I was a new season ticket holder as of last year and am not sure if I need to make a $50 deposit that I have seen mentioned in several emails.

ATP: To prevent this from confusing anyone:

1) There is no reseating happening THIS offseason. Next one is to occur before '15-'16 season.
2) If you were a season tix holder last season, you do NOT have to place a deposit for this upcoming season.

Deposits are for those wanting to becoming season tix holders. Placing a deposit gives you preferred selection over those who do not place deposit and order season tix for first time.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: 2014 Season Ticket Reseating

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I thought the next reseating was in 2015.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

If that is the case then my question turns to do I need to place a $50 deposit or worry about it at all?
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Never mind, just answered my own question.
0 x
BleedRhodyBlue
Jim Eitner

Unread post by BleedRhodyBlue »

Just so everyone knows, in case they were unsure. The answer is NO, if you already have season ticket, you do not have to give the deposit, those deposits are only for NEW season ticket holders. Re-seating just occurred last year and will occur again before the 2015-16 season
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

After this recruiting season, and the promise we now have for the upcoming season and especially the 15-16 season, there's going to be a mad scramble to the benefit of the program on the next reseating. Things are working out well in that regard.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Re: 2014 Season Ticket Reseating? No, not til 15-16 season.

ATP I am trying to improve my seats for next season. I wanted to before but was hesitant because of the budget. Recruiting is forcing my hand.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Come to 205.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Rhody Guy wrote:ATP I am trying to improve my seats for next season. I wanted to before but was hesitant because of the budget. Recruiting is forcing my hand.
I might be Captain Obvious here but I'll say it anyway. If you want to up the odds of keeping or improving your current seats, I'd suggest that you up your current donation level or start donating now if you haven't before. I suspect that donations will steadily increase starting now and will continue to increase up until the next re-seating... especially if we make some noise next season.

The link to donate:

https://secure3.convio.net/uri/site/Don ... tion=form1
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RoadyJay wrote:
Rhody Guy wrote:ATP I am trying to improve my seats for next season. I wanted to before but was hesitant because of the budget. Recruiting is forcing my hand.
I might be Captain Obvious here but I'll say it anyway. If you want to up the odds of keeping or improving your current seats, I'd suggest that you up your current donation level or start donating now if you haven't before. I suspect that donations will steadily increase starting now and will continue to increase up until the next re-seating... especially if we make some noise next season.

The link to donate:

https://secure3.convio.net/uri/site/Don ... tion=form1

What a good supporter you are!
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Not sure I am at the point in my career where I can afford to donate yet. Bought a house 2 years ago, married just after, adopted 2 dogs, had my first son in october, had to buy a new car to transport the new son safely, and my wife wants to try for a second starting in October. I am closer to having to give up the season tix than beginning to donate unfortunately.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody Guy wrote:Not sure I am at the point in my career where I can afford to donate yet. Bought a house 2 years ago, married just after, adopted 2 dogs, had my first son in october, had to buy a new car to transport the new son safely, and my wife wants to try for a second starting in October. I am closer to having to give up the season tix than beginning to donate unfortunately.
Many people think donating means giving thousands of dollars every year. That's just not the case. Everything helps. Give $50 per year if you can. I believe they can even put you on a payment plan... $5/month if that's all you could handle. Again, it doesn't take much.

Donating a little now will put you ahead of those who have not donated and increase the probability that you will be able to keep your current seats or upgrade them, if you wish.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

You are a good URI fan and one to be admired, RoadyJay.

Yes, all devoted fans should give to the program, each based on his own means. My philosophy is I give to the program because I want to help them succeed, not to get a better seat or a good parking spot, or free food, although I do enjoy the perks when offered. That's what all the best college basketball programs have - growing contributions from growing group of devoted and loyal fans.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Obadiah wrote:You are a good URI fan and one to be admired, RoadyJay.

Yes, all devoted fans should give to the program, each based on his own means. My philosophy is I give to the program because I want to help them succeed, not to get a better seat or a good parking spot, or free food, although I do enjoy the perks when offered. That's what all the best college basketball programs have - growing contributions from growing group of devoted and loyal fans.
Thanks Obadiah... I appreciate the kind words...

You are spot on about the motivation to donate. The perks should be secondary (although I do admit I like drinking beer before games and at halftime!). I most look forward to having a program that enjoys success and sustains that success over the long term. To date, our success has been cyclical and our fan base has risen and fallen with these cycles. We are once again on an upward trend and I don't want it to be fleeting. Historically, we have only been able to ascend towards the top of the conference with periodic NCAA births/runs for just a few short seasons, only to drop back down to the cellar.

What I admire most about Hurley, Thorr, and President Dooley is that while they value short term success/improvement they also have demonstrated a commitment to building a program that will hopefully enjoy success over the long term.

They are doing their job. It's time for us to do ours. I realize not everyone has the means to donate. I did not begin donating to the program until Hurley was hired. Prior to this I did not have the means nor did I believe in the direction/sustainability of the program. I'm a believer now. I also believe that we will only enjoy the long term success we all desire through consistent/growing donations from all of us fanatics.

As you rightly mentioned, the best programs have this. I want to be the best.
0 x
TexRam
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TexRam »

As has been mentioned, the number of donations matters, not just the amount you are able to give. It's a barometer that is generally used to measure the success of any program,
and is used to convince other entities that it's worth pumping money into.

Increased alumni giving is another important measure that reflects well on the school. So if you're an alum, that's a bonus.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
0 x