Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by McRam »

Just noticed that Jeff Dowtin has played 8 games for the Delaware G league team. Was he injured?
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 months ago

I don't see it as being in limbo, more like just a growing process.
I look at our talented young players, understand the difficulty of finding immediate success with a new roster, and actually feel good about our future.
I'm thinking from now until the start of next season is limbo. I don't believe we'll see a massive change in direction (towards more consistent success) this year. Good grief, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
I also don't necessarily think there will be a massive change in direction this season, but Archie and staff will continue to teach and work with the players which will hopefully carry into the off-season and 24-25.
If we see some real positive growth prior to the end of the season, that will be a plus.

I
Yes. As mentioned earlier. The success of this program is carried by the jump made by the key freshmen.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don't see it as being in limbo, more like just a growing process.
I look at our talented young players, understand the difficulty of finding immediate success with a new roster, and actually feel good about our future.
I'm thinking from now until the start of next season is limbo. I don't believe we'll see a massive change in direction (towards more consistent success) this year. Good grief, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
I also don't necessarily think there will be a massive change in direction this season, but Archie and staff will continue to teach and work with the players which will hopefully carry into the off-season and 24-25.
If we see some real positive growth prior to the end of the season, that will be a plus.

I
That’s what I’m thinking too , I want to see how we do the rest of the way , maybe we will do better and look good doing it , if so then I will be more optimistic but the way we have played this whole season has been underwhelming
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 2 months ago Just noticed that Jeff Dowtin has played 8 games for the Delaware G league team. Was he injured?
Yes. He has been injured but back playing now finally

Tonight Jeff had a game high 26 points on 10-19 FG and 4-9 3P playing Point Guard as usual
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago I’m sticking with Miller for now on talent evaluation especially in ball handling.

Got nothing against Bassy. Good luck to him. He’s dropped down to a level that enables him to start. Miller would have him buried deep on the bench and likely told him so.

I turned on my TV the other night to see Leggett brick a wide open layup against Duke. I’m likin Kortwright better too right now.

Cox is gone I think we have a guy now who knows what he’s doing.
And people wonder why I post the way I post sometimes.

It’s because of dumbass posts like this.

“Oh I saw Leggett miss a layup against a blue blood, I’d definitely rather have Kortright who may be the most unathletic point guard we’ve had here.”

Just an incredibly wrong take.
0 x
Go Rhody
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 months ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 3 months ago I’m sticking with Miller for now on talent evaluation especially in ball handling.

Got nothing against Bassy. Good luck to him. He’s dropped down to a level that enables him to start. Miller would have him buried deep on the bench and likely told him so.

I turned on my TV the other night to see Leggett brick a wide open layup against Duke. I’m likin Kortwright better too right now.

“Oh I saw Leggett miss a layup against a blue blood, I’d definitely rather have Kortright who may be the most unathletic point guard we’ve had here.”

Yep wrong take…

It’s also an ancient history take in basketball terms.

I’d probably trade this whole crew for Leggett after the multiple debacles subsequent to this post.

Touché
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 months ago

Yep wrong take…

I’d probably trade this whole crew for Leggett after the multiple debacles subsequent to this post.

Touché
I remember incredibly that a poster said Leggett was a Division 2 player in March and the next season Leggett was our best player and just missed making all conference.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 months ago

Yep wrong take…

Touché
I remember incredibly that a poster said Leggett was a Division 2 player in March and the next season Leggett was our best player and just missed making all conference.
Correct, Leggett was absolutely trash his sophomore year.

Worked his ass off in the summer into the fall and improved tremendously.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 months ago

Yep wrong take…

Touché
Correct, Leggett was absolutely trash his sophomore year.

Worked his ass off in the summer into the fall and improved tremendously.
Oh yeah,
That’s right, it was you :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Anyone see the video of Makhi Mitchell being held back from going after Muss? Shit show in Arkansas yesterday.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 months ago Anyone see the video of Makhi Mitchell being held back from going after Muss? Shit show in Arkansas yesterday.
Love seeing him and Coach Muss struggling!
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RF1 wrote: 2 months ago I could care less what Dan Hurley says at the end of his UConn press conferences. Any words he may now utter have little REAL effect on URI. The last time he said something which had a meaningful impact on Rhody hoops was unfortunately most likely his glowing endorsement of David Cox for head coach.
Ace made it sound like many coaches were reaching out to Hurley in the immediate aftermath of Cox getting fired to hear from him what he thought about our job and he had nothing but good things to say to the coaches reaching out to him. Could Archie have been one of those coaches that reached out to Hurley to get more info? It wouldn't surprise me
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 months ago
RF1 wrote: 2 months ago I could care less what Dan Hurley says at the end of his UConn press conferences. Any words he may now utter have little REAL effect on URI. The last time he said something which had a meaningful impact on Rhody hoops was unfortunately most likely his glowing endorsement of David Cox for head coach.
Ace made it sound like many coaches were reaching out to Hurley in the immediate aftermath of Cox getting fired to hear from him what he thought about our job and he had nothing but good things to say to the coaches reaching out to him. Could Archie have been one of those coaches that reached out to Hurley to get more info? It wouldn't surprise me
I would think that he did for sure , DH has nothing but love for Rhody and who knows maybe he coaches again here in his late 60s early 70s to finish it all up
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

reef wrote: 2 months ago
I would think that he did for sure , DH has nothing but love for Rhody and who knows maybe he coaches again here in his late 60s early 70s to finish it all up
I was never more fired up when Hurley was hired since Harrick. Although I was pretty fired up when we hired Miller. He needs to get his ass in gear.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I think it might be sooner than that unless he can turn he UConn program around. 😄😄😄
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 2 months ago

I was never more fired up when Hurley was hired since Harrick. Although I was pretty fired up when we hired Miller. He needs to get his ass in gear.
Same with me I was so pumped up with DH and same with Arch but I’m a little down on Arch right now
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Same with me I was so pumped up with DH and same with Arch but I’m a little down on Arch right now
1 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodylocal wrote: 2 months ago

DH had a huge jump up 23-10 NIT year 3 I’d be kind of surprised if we match that right now
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Has someone who played for URI ever participated in the dunk contest before? I can't think of any. I feel like I remember Cuttino making a guest appearance with Francis maybe but thats it?

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Has someone who played for URI ever participated in the dunk contest before? I can't think of any. I feel like I remember Cuttino making a guest appearance with Francis maybe but thats it?

Wow ! I’m actually going to watch that !
2 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

adam914 wrote: 2 months ago Has someone who played for URI ever participated in the dunk contest before? I can't think of any. I feel like I remember Cuttino making a guest appearance with Francis maybe but thats it?

Sure, call #11 for Miami "Jaime Jaquez" all you want be we all know that's really Inigo Montoya
3 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

While looking at some games to potentially sports bet I came across a name I forgot about.

Ex recruit for URI Elijah Wood.

He has resurfaced to play very limited minutes for St Peter's. Last few games seems like his playing is increasing a little but he is not used much for them.

He is listed as a junior. Did not play last year but was on st peters roster (most likely had to sit out after double transfer rule) and played at EIU in 2022.

What a shame how far he has fallen.

https://saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/ ... -wood/5320
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

sevegny7 wrote: 2 months ago While looking at some games to potentially sports bet I came across a name I forgot about.

Ex recruit for URI Elijah Wood.

He has resurfaced to play very limited minutes for St Peter's. Last few games seems like his playing is increasing a little but he is not used much for them.

He is listed as a junior. Did not play last year but was on st peters roster (most likely had to sit out after double transfer rule) and played at EIU in 2022.

What a shame how far he has fallen.

https://saintpeterspeacocks.com/sports/ ... -wood/5320
Good find , i had no idea he was there . Avg 2 points per game in 8 minutes
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jacob Toppin had his best night as a Knick on 2/14 against Orlando.
He played 17 minutes scored 11 points (4-7) and 4 rebs.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago Jacob Toppin had his best night as a Knick on 2/14 against Orlando.
Completely wild to me he’s actually in the league.

Pretty sure everyone here (me included) laughed at the transfer, said he was going to Kentucky off his last name, and he was crazy to think he’d get to the league.

Granted the Knicks are decimated by injuries, but props to him for working and getting significant time in a game.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He also grew another like 5 inches.
0 x
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago He also grew another like 5 inches.
Actually, the same height.
We had him listed at 6'8" and so does the Knicks.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Going to be fun watching Jacob in the dunk contest !
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 months ago Jacob Toppin had his best night as a Knick on 2/14 against Orlando.

Pretty sure everyone here (me included) laughed at the transfer, said he was going to Kentucky off his last name, and he was crazy to think he’d get to the league.

Granted the Knicks are decimated by injuries, but props to him for working and getting significant time in a game.
Then there were others that were such big fans when he was here, they actually made a "Toppin Time" sign to bring to games (that still sits here at the desk, leaning against the printer). Awesome to see him getting it done.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Then there were others that were such big fans when he was here, they actually made a "Toppin Time" sign to bring to games (that still sits here at the desk, leaning against the printer). Awesome to see him getting it done.
There's that (I remember the sign!!). Kid had some hops for sure. When I spoke with him at an event, he seemed like such a good mannered kid. Good for him. He made the right move to get to the League.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

So your telling me our 19-20 team had 3 guys who played in the NBA Jacob , JD and Tyrese plus 2 great college players in Fatts and Cyril and we failed to dance ?
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 2 months ago So your telling me our 19-20 team had 3 guys who played in the NBA Jacob , JD and Tyrese plus 2 great college players in Fatts and Cyril and we failed to dance ?
Everyone failed to dance that season.

We were an 8/9 seed till we lost a few late in the year.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 months ago So your telling me our 19-20 team had 3 guys who played in the NBA Jacob , JD and Tyrese plus 2 great college players in Fatts and Cyril and we failed to dance ?

So you're saying, if there was a NCAAT, we would have had to won the A10 Tournament, correct?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

So you're saying, if there was a NCAAT, we would have had to won the A10 Tournament, correct?
Of course we don't know for sure.
If we would beat Richmond in the semis and a close loss to Dayton in the finals maybe an at-large.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If we made the A10 final and lost there was a small chance we’d make the First Four if I remember correctly.
0 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Of course we don't know for sure.
If we would beat Richmond in the semis and a close loss to Dayton in the finals maybe an at-large.
Ehhh I don’t think so. We were out… They weren’t going to award an A10 team that was playing its worst basketball at the end of the season. We needed to win it all and Dayton would have beaten us by 20-30 so it didn’t really matter. Losing to Richmond and St Louis at home kissed our chance goodbye.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I remember seeing us as high as a 7 seed.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah we collapsed late that year solidly in the field then bad losses @ the end

I was just pointing out we had 3 future NBA players , only time in our lifetimes that’s happened?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 months ago Yeah we collapsed late that year solidly in the field then bad losses @ the end

I was just pointing out we had 3 future NBA players , only time in our lifetimes that’s happened?
No. In 98, we had on the team Cat, Tyson and Odom(although he couldn't play). All three spent time in the NBA.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

reef wrote: 2 months ago Yeah we collapsed late that year solidly in the field then bad losses @ the end

No. In 98, we had on the team Cat, Tyson and Odom(although he couldn't play). All three spent time in the NBA.
Yeah that would have been something if he was eligible
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Was Odom on the sidelines in 97?
0 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago Was Odom on the sidelines in 97?
98. He was eligible for 99 and made the game winning three against Temple in the A10 Tournament.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

98. He was eligible for 99 and made the game winning three against Temple in the A10 Tournament.
That’s what I meant, but you never really see or hear of him in 98. I know he was ineligible.
0 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago
That’s what I meant, but you never really see or hear of him in 98. I know he was ineligible.
If you were on campus when Harrick landed him, you heard about Odom. Number 1 recruit. Think he was Number 4 when he got here. Campus was going crazy back then.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 months ago

If you were on campus when Harrick landed him, you heard about Odom. Number 1 recruit. Think he was Number 4 when he got here. Campus was going crazy back then.
Lamar was #2 Ranked Nationally. Elton Brand was #1

Lamar was Parade Magazine Player of the Year

LAMAR ODOM, a 6-foot-9-inch guard who averaged 25 points, 15 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals a game this season for Redemption Christian Academy in Troy, N.Y., has been named Parade magazine's player of the year. Odom, who was named to the Parade all-America team last season, was one of three schoolboys from New York State voted to the team this year by college coaches, scouts and recruiters. The others were 6-8 ELTON BRAND of Peekskill High School (first team) and 6-7 RON ARTEST of LaSalle Academy in Manhattan (second team). Also on the second team of the 40-player roster, which will be published in Sunday's Parade, is ANTHONY PERRY of St. Anthony High School in Jersey City.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I can’t recall if Lamar was on the sidelines for the 97-98 games the year he sat out ?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

0 x
Go Rhody
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Tyson, Cat & Sean Colson in 94-95
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Brian wrote: 2 months ago

Tyson, Cat & Sean Colson in 94-95
NICE!!!! Didn't think about that lineup.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Imagine thinking Always Wright is better for our team... Bassy is one of the most impactful transfers in the entire country!! Just like some of you on here who said Loyola is a bad addition, the people on here who bashed Bassy should admit they are wrong..
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING