Game #14: Brown University - Thursday Jan 2 @ 6pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Game #14: Brown University - Thursday Jan 2 @ 6pm

Unread post by Rhodygirl2 »

Rhodygirl1 just saw tweet from Thorr, game moved earlier due to snow.

So far we are still planning to attend, always love going to this one, but we'll see how bad the snow is closer to game time.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Brown game moved to 6pm

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

STUPID! The bulk of the storm is coming after 6:00PM.
Why not move it to afternoon?
At least those who go to the game won't be in danger of getting stuck
after leaving the game.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

It looks like this game won't be televised?
0 x
Common sense is not common.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Heaviest snow after midnight. 6 pm start makes sense
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Anyone know if the game will be streaming?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Looking for a breakout game, big time points from X and Gil, one of those games where the other pieces fall into place.......hey why not?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

That will likley hurt attendnace even further (already in trouble as game is during semester break). Unfortunate for such an important game. The meeting tonight after all will decide the title for worst D1 program in the RI for this season.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Is there a good d1 program in RI this season? Forget that talk. If we play like we know they can, then they should win easily. People underrate anddd overrate Brown
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

According to today's paper, the game is on MYRITV......64.2, and some cable companies.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Its not listed on gorhody as on tv. it would be nice if it is.

Also I'd say Bryant is the best in RI followed by PC
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Did you see any of the Bryant scores? PC never got slaughtered, even by
Kentucky, like Bryant did in some of their games.
24 point loss to Gonzaga, 20 point loss to Harvard, and a 38 point loss
to Ohio State.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

My buddy and I will be in attendance.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

So far, Kenpom is batting 1.000 in predictions this year and has Brown winning this by five. I think this is the first one they get wrong and URI wins comfortably.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

It would be nice if we put some things together tonight. Low 40's shooting percentages make it that much more difficult to win (along with bad foul shooting) I know this was mentioned on another thread, but any thoughts about giving Martin a start tonight. Who do we want to get minutes so that they are true sophomores next year. Hassan or Iffy? Actually, maybe they should both get minutes but does that leave Gil out of the mix? Me thinks not. I buy Section's optimism. Let's win this one!
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

I can't believe this game in not on Television. You want to be a big time program....you can't get yourself on TV in your own state against another team from the SAME STATE!

I'm pissed off about this.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

It's not listed on my guide for verizon. Maybe it's a late addition.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Gonebarongone wrote:So far, Kenpom is batting 1.000 in predictions this year and has Brown winning this by five. I think this is the first one they get wrong and URI wins comfortably.
Batting 1.000 with respect to URI, right? Not all college basketball games. That is not possible.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

URIGONZO wrote:I can't believe this game in not on Television. You want to be a big time program....you can't get yourself on TV in your own state against another team from the SAME STATE!

Both Bill Koch and the official URI MBB account tweeted yesterday that the Ivy League controls all TV rights for Brown home games. I swear this game was listed under MyRI TV a while back on GoRhody.com, but perhaps the Ivy League nixed it?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah URI has no control over broadcasting rights of other teams home games. If they can't telivise there is nothing they can really do.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Projo lists the game as being on MYRITV. The MYRITV website does not have the game listed on today's schedule. Apparently the Projo screwed up.......surprise, surprise.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Looks like there is a stream here: http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com/ ... e/schedule

Cheapest option to watch it is $9.95 though.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hmmm...I usually cave and pay the money. Wish it was $5 instead though.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Did you see any of the Bryant scores? PC never got slaughtered, even by
Kentucky, like Bryant did in some of their games.
24 point loss to Gonzaga, 20 point loss to Harvard, and a 38 point loss
to Ohio State.
i meant more relevant to conference
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It is not listed on the Cox online guide for the MYRITV channel for either 6pm or 7pm.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

adam914 wrote:Hmmm...I usually cave and pay the money. Wish it was $5 instead though.
It costs a lot of money to go to an ivy league school. lol.
I've had problems with screen freezes and audio not matching up with the pictures on a lot of these feeds. I'd just as soon listen to the game.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Game #14: Brown University - Thursday Jan 2 @ 6pm

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

It's almost A-10 time, and our D-I opponents that we've beaten, six of them, have combined so far this year to beat a grand total of seven D-I teams. Brown has won six games already. I have a bad feeling!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rhodyrudder wrote:It's almost A-10 time, and our D-I opponents that we've beaten, six of them, have combined so far this year to beat a grand total of seven D-I teams. Brown has won six games already. I have a bad feeling!
Had we played the same schedule as last year, we'd have the same record as last year. Or worse. We've regressed.

I have a bad feeling about every single game remaining. Fordham included. I'd be imperssed if we pull an above .500 record by the end of the year.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

rhodyrudder wrote:It's almost A-10 time, and our D-I opponents that we've beaten, six of them, have combined so far this year to beat a grand total of seven D-I teams. Brown has won six games already. I have a bad feeling!
If we don't have some sort of epiphany in the next week, the A10 is going to devour us. We haven't beaten one team so far better than anyone in the A10.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

URIGONZO wrote:I can't believe this game in not on Television. You want to be a big time program....you can't get yourself on TV in your own state against another team from the SAME STATE!

+1
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

hrstrat57 wrote:

+1
So whats the plan to make this happen then? If we don't have the rights to televise how do you recommend they get it on TV?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

adam914 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:

+1
So whats the plan to make this happen then? If we don't have the rights to televise how do you recommend they get it on TV?
Refuse to play the home and home then. If they can't televise, they can play us at the RC every year.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

[quote]Refuse to play the home and home then. If they can't televise, they can play us at the RC every year.[quote]

Yep, brilliant, like it.

Always been keen on showing our in state fellow D1 clubs respect (even pc :lol: ) including playing Bryant but no TV.....????

C'mon Brown have a plan!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

You'd think they'd want to show their team on tv. Except for their appearances on the O'Reilly Factor, when does anyone get to see Brown?
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

TruePoint wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote:So far, Kenpom is batting 1.000 in predictions this year and has Brown winning this by five. I think this is the first one they get wrong and URI wins comfortably.
Batting 1.000 with respect to URI, right? Not all college basketball games. That is not possible.
Right. He probably wouldn't be doing a website if he were batting 1.000! He'd probably be at the Mirage sports book.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Gonebarongone wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Right. He probably wouldn't be doing a website if he were batting 1.000! He'd probably be at the Mirage sports book.
They kind of keep it on the down-low, but some of the advanced stats guys do clean up with the sports gambling here and there. I'm not sure if Kenpom is one of them, but for a couple of years, Football Outsiders specifically had a section of their paysite that was about the best games to bet on for the week. However, I believe most of the books are now aware of this, plus the opportunity to make a ton using the stats is always balanced by mitigating factors - injuries, what cut the book is getting, the fact that you need X amount of games to have accurate stats in the first place, etc.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

The fact we are an underdog to Brown is all you need to know about where we are in Year 2 of the rebuilding phase. Ugh
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

[/quote]
They kind of keep it on the down-low, but some of the advanced stats guys do clean up with the sports gambling here and there. I'm not sure if Kenpom is one of them, but for a couple of years, Football Outsiders specifically had a section of their paysite that was about the best games to bet on for the week. However, I believe most of the books are now aware of this, plus the opportunity to make a ton using the stats is always balanced by mitigating factors - injuries, what cut the book is getting, the fact that you need X amount of games to have accurate stats in the first place, etc.[/quote]

And the pendulum swings back, too. Vegas books are no dummies, either. Early in the kenpom (or other like-minded sites) days, you could look at all the expected results and then all the Vegas lines. A lot of the smaller games would have some big disparities between those two. Now, if you look at some games, especially early season, inter-conference games, Vegas often will just start their line at whatever the kenpom projection is. Knowing that they can't possibly know as much about, say, URI/Detroit as some of these sites.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Gonebarongone wrote:
They kind of keep it on the down-low, but some of the advanced stats guys do clean up with the sports gambling here and there. I'm not sure if Kenpom is one of them, but for a couple of years, Football Outsiders specifically had a section of their paysite that was about the best games to bet on for the week. However, I believe most of the books are now aware of this, plus the opportunity to make a ton using the stats is always balanced by mitigating factors - injuries, what cut the book is getting, the fact that you need X amount of games to have accurate stats in the first place, etc.[/quote]

And the pendulum swings back, too. Vegas books are no dummies, either. Early in the kenpom (or other like-minded sites) days, you could look at all the expected results and then all the Vegas lines. A lot of the smaller games would have some big disparities between those two. Now, if you look at some games, especially early season, inter-conference games, Vegas often will just start their line at whatever the kenpom projection is. Knowing that they can't possibly know as much about, say, URI/Detroit as some of these sites.[/quote]
Yeah, exactly. In general, the Vegas line can still be off on things like, say, the season record over-under lines for various sports leagues. However, you need to hit on something like 25 of 30 teams to really make it worth your while, and even then, it's probably just safer to invest your money in an index fund, and it's also not tied up for six to nine months.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Shinze88 wrote:The fact we are an underdog to Brown is all you need to know about where we are in Year 2 of the rebuilding phase. Ugh
I don't care what the bookies think. IF URI loses, that will say a lot about year 2
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Don't sleep on Brown. I watched them beat PC a yr a go at brown and almost beat PC this season at the dunk. I have seen nothing to think that URI will go in there and win a close game. Brown is better then we are right now.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Until we shoot FT's better we won't win any close games.

With this group I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen.

Maybe instead of partying all night, they can spend an extra hour a day practicing them. We don't have ONE player that consistently shoots them well.
0 x
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Interesting to see the bit of change up that has occurred. Martin getting the start and TJ a co-captain?

https://twitter.com/BillKoch25/status/4 ... 4430383104

https://twitter.com/BillKoch25/status/4 ... 3704904705
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Both fantastic and well deserved moves.
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Is Firstrow working for anyone???
0 x
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

I just paid for the Brown sports pass (9.95) on the ivy league network
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Anybody got a free stream working?
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Tom98 wrote:Is Firstrow working for anyone???
not yet
0 x
Common sense is not common.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

First Row has the game listed at 7:00 pm. I'm worried that the stream won't start until then...
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well I caved and bought it. I am a glutton for punishment...
0 x