Steven Enright

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Steven Enright

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I stumbled across this on twitter. Anybody know anything about this?

Jim Black, Jr. ‏@CoachBlack2 9h
Congrats in order to my good friend @CoachEnright on being brought on to @dhurley15 staff. Tough recruiter and better person!
0 x
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

Re: Steven Enright

Unread post by Ryan Rowdy »

Replacing Ben Wood, perhaps?
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Wouldn't be doing recruiting as a DBO.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

Ben Wood wasn't the DOBO anyway, he was Player Development...which is what Enright could be too, since I don't see Tirone switching positions here if it wasn't into a coaching gig.
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I heard through sources that Mike Marra had also applied for this position.....like an entry level rung on the coaching ladder....

.....officially they cannot go on the road and recruit......I believe most schools still have these guys mine their contacts in AAU and high school ball, wink, wink....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Assistant DBO.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Like I said, DBO's can't recruit, and neither can their assistants.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

His team pfeiffer university was 4-23 this past season including 2-18 in conference. He was not the head coach.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Looks like he's from SK, RI...maybe friends with the Murphys?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Maybe he will be working at the Dan Hurley Basketball Camp?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:Maybe he will be working at the Dan Hurley Basketball Camp?
I didn't think of that. Maybe this also has nothing to do with URI hoops.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I guess it is URI..
Jim Black, Jr. ‏@CoachBlack2 2h
Proud of my man @CoachEnright on being hired at #URI! His father has burned a great path and Steve has blazoned his own path off of

I also did a little detective work (Facebook stalking) and he is friends with the Murphys, including young Tomas. (I have to much free time on my hands).
0 x
ELeslie's 1st assist
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ELeslie's 1st assist »

You have "to much free time" on your hands.

OK...then go back to 1st grade and learn that it should be "too much" not "to much." I have a first grade child who knows that. Ridiculous. You probably pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois as well.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I'm as into grammar as the next guy, but if you're hanging out here looking to find mistakes in other's posts, let there be no doubt about who has too much time on his hands.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:You have "to much free time" on your hands.

OK...then go back to 1st grade and learn that it should be "too much" not "to much." I have a first grade child who knows that. Ridiculous. You probably pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois as well.
You come on here with your 5 posts and outright attack a member with 890 posts for what amounts to a typo? I'm pretty sure Billyboy knows the difference between too and to, you on the other hand respond rashly and make assumptions, stated in a most biting manner, which is ignorant and a true display of stupidity. Hopefully the first grade child you made up doesn't learn his/her social grace from you, next time you fantasize about the family you don't have because nobody wants to be around you, allow the young child to be raised by his mother.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Way to go Enright !!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:You have "to much free time" on your hands.

Wow, your an very angry person. I will go too the corner and put gum on my noze. (Does this post make your blood pressure boil?)
0 x
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

Steven Enright ‏@CoachEnright 1h
Extremely fortunate to be working alongside a fantastic staff at URI. Can't wait to get started.
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

He will become the Assistant DBO. Not certain who had that position in the past, but he'll be working under Tirone (obviously).
0 x
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

I'd assume dealing with filing reports, helping with video, probably over look the managers, etc.
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I dunno of we've ever had an assistant DBO at Rhody. Did we?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I don't know if Rhody has or hasn't before but in my limited time following URI hoops I can't remember one.

Maybe this was one of the "improvements within the program" with the "increased financial commitment" that would allow "URI to compete at the highest levels".

Quotes from Pete Thamel's article on the extension....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-college-basketball-mens-tournament/news/20130406/hurley-rhode-island-contract-extension-rutgers/

WOOHOO GO RHODY!
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Coach Enright has updated his Twitter bio to reflect the Assistant DBO title. Also added the Rhody logo as his avatar.

https://twitter.com/CoachEnright
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I think this is Ben Wood's job. He was director of player development, which doesn't seem to exist anymore.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Good call, Iggy!
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

We had a Video Coordinator under Baron. Dan Szmaorowskie or however you spell it. I know i butchered it.
0 x
ELeslie's 1st assist
Abdul Fox

Oh, I see. Because I have 5 posts, I can't make a comment? Who cares how many posts somebody has? Like that's some type of badge of honor? Is that relevant? You're sure "to" and not "too" was a typo? I see it all too frequently. Many of the posters on this board are URI graduates. Take a little pride in that degree. Show that you have the ability to write, compose thoughts clearly, and spell simple words. I'm not asking for every word to spelled correctly. But give me a break, we're talking about to vs. too. This is basic 1st grade grammar. I'm not asking a lot.

Billboy...I'm not bothered by your post because I know you're writing it sarcastically.

The great thing about the internet...you can post use some silly made-up "handle" and then comment, name-call, and be "biting" or whatever...with no reprecussions. I love this country!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:Oh, I see. Because I have 5 posts, I can't make a comment? Who cares how many posts somebody has? Like that's some type of badge of honor? Is that relevant? You're sure "to" and not "too" was a typo? I see it all too frequently. Many of the posters on this board are URI graduates. Take a little pride in that degree. Show that you have the ability to write, compose thoughts clearly, and spell simple words. I'm not asking for every word to spelled correctly. But give me a break, we're talking about to vs. too. This is basic 1st grade grammar. I'm not asking a lot.

Billboy...I'm not bothered by your post because I know you're writing it sarcastically.

The great thing about the internet...you can post use some silly made-up "handle" and then comment, name-call, and be "biting" or whatever...with no reprecussions. I love this country!
I'm sorry, I do not proofread my posts. Apparently you don't either. "I'm not asking for every word to spelled correctly." I got As in 1st grade grammar. What did you get in composition?
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:The great thing about the internet...you can post use some silly made-up "handle" and then comment, name-call, and be "biting" or whatever...with no reprecussions. I love this country!
Now I just feel bad for you. You really do know how to make yourself come off as an impotent ass. You get laughs and potency from attacking others while incognito? What a joke. Grow up. Is this what you learned in school, to needle people about semantics and grammar while ignoring content?

In general, we here on KeaneyBlue are thick skinned so repercussions would be slight, but make no mistake about it child, if you attack somebody with words and it hurts their feelings you damage yourself.

Also, you spelled repercussions wrong.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…………………………………………………………………………………………tu, Brute??????? What a way to start my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Classic
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

That is good stuff right there.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Holy shit I can't wait til there's actually basketball to talk about
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agreed need to get these summer months out of the way then its all URI hoops baby !!
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

I believe Lazare Adingono was an assistant DBO under Pat Clarke, then Baron fired Tyrone Weeks, Clarke took his job, and Lazare was the head DBO.

I don't think that the job of DBO is so difficult that an assistant is needed. I think it is simply a means for Hurley to give a guy a chance to start working his way up.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
ELeslie's 1st assist
Abdul Fox

Exactly my point. I would never "nitpick" about spelling "repercussions" on a message board as I don't spell check either. And I don't care if somebody leaves off an "a, an, or the" when writing on the board, as I've done many times. THAT would be nitpicking!

Using the correct "too" instead of "to" in my opinion is not nitpicking. That's pretty simple stuff. To me, that says something about a person and unfortunately it says something about the school (whether it's high school or college) they're representing. Have some pride in how you present yourself.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Look in the mirror and make this wish: "That I could delete my last post, because I'm referencing something that was dropped TEN DAYS AGO……" :oops: ;) :roll: :) 8-) :lol:
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:Have some pride in how you present yourself.
Think of how you represent yourself not the university.

Your ignorance and arrogance is jarring, first off, if a person knows the difference between the usage of to or too, uses the wrong one and accidentally leaves it that way for lack of checking or rechecking his/her work it amounts to the same thing as a typo.
As a second point I'd like to say most folks (alum) on this forum represent the university well, save for those who attack others calling their intellect into question over what amounts to a typo.
As a third point I would like to state that many people, including graduates of URI, have battled and mostly overcome disabling factors such as dyslexia, apraxia, dyspraxia, and countless other afflictions and/or syndromes and they go on to honor our very university by working thousands of times harder than others in order to do what we mostly take for granted. You sir, have no idea who among us forum members have overcome such odds. I for one will be damned if I'm going to let your type of insensitive behavior prevail on this forum without calling out the behavior and the perpetrator. Again all I can say is I pity you for your lack of sensitivity.
As a final point I'd like to say :P !!!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ELeslie's 1st assist wrote:Exactly my point. I would never "nitpick" about spelling "repercussions" on a message board as I don't spell check either. And I don't care if somebody leaves off an "a, an, or the" when writing on the board, as I've done many times. THAT would be nitpicking!

Using the correct "too" instead of "to" in my opinion is not nitpicking. That's pretty simple stuff. To me, that says something about a person and unfortunately it says something about the school (whether it's high school or college) they're representing. Have some pride in how you present yourself.
So in other words when you do it its ok, when someone else does it they are dumb.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Apparently, because the tip of my finger hit the O key once instead of twice (that is called a typo), I lack pride. If you would like to go back and read my 900+ posts to check my grammar, feel free. I think you will find that I know the difference between to and too. Or may I suggest you do something more constructive with your life?
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Running Ram, I'll be damned! I just took a break from writing a letter about my son's life-long battle with APRAXIA and how it affects his ability to communicate in almost every possible way. It affects his social life, too….and his academic life….and….HIS GRAMMAR!!!!!
But, I'll say this for my son: he's 8-) !!!!!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

99% of my edits are for typos.
I almost always type tow instead of two.
I admit, I do have a problem with college grads who
can't use their, they're, and there correctly, or your and you're.
People who say mischeeevious and ereeeudite
instead of mischievous and erudite, I want to punch those people.
Look at the word!
OK, I'm leaving now...........
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Yeah, Rod. It would be like if someone wrote: "ELeslie's a #1 ass" when copying and pasting incorrectly the original "ELeslie's 1st assist."
You know, now that would be some freakin' TYPO!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Has anyone asked Steven Enright about his thoughts on grammar?
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Ace, it looks good!!!! Just check out Coach Enright's last post!!!! Very exciting: Clean, no typos, absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steven Enright ‏@CoachEnright 1h
Best of luck to @ZGReport as they are set to run one of the biggest youth basketball events in the country this weekend. Top notch staff!
Expand Reply Retweet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ace wrote:Has anyone asked Steven Enright about his thoughts on grammar?
Actually maybe he is ELeslie's 1st assist, and is upset about the grammar use in his thread!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

ELeslie is probably Jerry D.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

And that would make ELeslie the #1 D-B of Operations!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x